National General Insurance

National General Insurance Employee Reviews

Most enjoyable part of th e job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 4, 2015
You have to opportunity to get paid for assisting people and providing a need. Helping people get the necessary coverage for them and their families.
Pros
Comissions
Cons
Chargebacks
Decent workplace
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland.OHSeptember 3, 2015
it involves calling and marketing directly to clients as a whole. The management are cool but te pay is average at best. The company is headed in an overall good direction while leading I RV insurance
Pros
people
Cons
pay
Superior job and friendly co-workers
Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 27, 2015
Can be a fun work place when management and peers are on the same page. Constant servicing changes. More thorough training is expected but a self starter will get the job done.
Pros
free lunches when OT lunch is volunteered
productive
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 20, 2015
Obtained a trust and understanding relationship with customers via telephone and email about their auto
insurance needs and wants. Bill payments , problem solving, quotes to reduce premiuer rate.

Helping others is always a plus.
Pros
fast pasted
Cons
paying for parking
Lack of Balance
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 7, 2015
I enjoy the work culture, however the lack of flexibility and sporadic schedule changes make it hard to do anything outside of simply working there whether it be family life, attending school, or a second job .
Be careful if you take a job with National General Insurance
Direct Inbound Call Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2015
Management cares only about themselves. The employees lower than the senior supervisor are forced to work in a sweat shop type atmosphere. Supervisors are forced to take work home with them due to the limited amount of time they are allotted during the work week. Instead of being able to coach and mentor their representatives supervisors have to take phone calls and are often unable to pull their representatives for discussions, coaching, etc.
Pros
Gym and Nurse on site.
Cons
Poor management
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2015
Terrible company to work for training is short, then your thrown on the floor to deal with issues you haven't been taught. when you ask for help they get upset with you for not knowing things you were never taught. They have management who have open relationships with employees the company is a complete zoo.
Pros
Cons
everything from poor management, bad training and work structure
horrible
insurance service rep (Former Employee) –  ohioMay 23, 2015
There are some good Supervisors and things that they do to show employee appreciation. However the constant schedule changes, adherence, and metrics will drive you insane. You never know when you will be on the fire list which adds to the stress of the job as well.
Pros
pay, benefits, employee appreciation, food, co workers
Cons
metrics, schedule changes, adherence, micromanagement
job life
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland OHMay 17, 2015
They will change your schedule every 3 months. This means that you 8am - 4:30pm for 3 months & then it would be 12:30pm to 9pm next 3 months. You can never make plans like go to college. Horrible training
Decent employer
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioMay 16, 2015
We take inbound calls from insurance custpomers. it is a high paced environment and constantly busy. The hardest part of the job is constant changes and requirements. The most enjoyable part is the ability to bonus.
was a fun a place at one time
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Maryland Heights, MOApril 28, 2015
before the company was sold and relocated most of the company to other parts of the united states the company was fun and management as well as co workers had more of a positive attitude.

I learned a lot from a little computer experience to underwriting knowledge for auto insurance.

I enjoyed my coworkers and management staff that I worked with as well as talking to customers all across the United States.
benefits
Cons
training, communication
Not Paradise
Insurance Agent - Property/Casualty/Life/Health (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2015
If you drink the kool-aid or always say yes and don't rock the boat then it another day in paradise otherwise it's a rough ride and hold onto your hats
Pros
Paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons
Once you are on the naughty list you never get off, you either get no calls or junk calls to try to sell on
Good place to learn the industry
Material Damage Telephone Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 2, 2015
Good place to start your career in insurance, training progam provided, benefits are competitive, job is based on numbers
Pros
Flexability, good benefits
Cons
job is solely based on numbers
you get out what you put in
Material Damage Claim Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2015
NGIC is a growing company. One of the benefits here is that you have different people with different insurance backgrounds from different insurance companies coming together in melting pot to make this company work. Unfortunately the same thing that is a benefit is also hurting us. To many ideas from to many different companies causes confusion. What needs to happen is we need one process for everything, It hurts a company when you have several different supervisors doing things their way.
Pros
great people to work with, upper management listens and take steps to try and improve things
Cons
systems constantly crash which is frustrating, workload can be overwhelming at times
Very energized work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Management is very energized in what they do, which tends to trickle down unto the employees. It shows that people do enjoy the job that they do.

Through this job I have learned a lot about insurance and how it works as a whole. Also I have had the opportunity to learn about RV's, which is something that I knew nothing to very little on.

The hardest part is to explain to a customer that has a clean driving record, why their premium has gone up.

The people I work with are the highlight of the day. I really can identify with the people that I work with.
Pros
enjoyable people that i share the office with
Cons
short breaks
Good work place environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 19, 2014
High energy work environment that fosters a caring environment.
Provided excellenct experince in the customer service field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2014
The job allowed me the opportunity to expand on my interpersonal skills. I develop an ability to assist customer with their problems and help to provide a solution.
Customer Service

Relaxed work environment
Casual
Enjoyable Workplace. My team mates are wonderful
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte NCAugust 25, 2014
Territory Sales Manager for the Charlotte area. The Management is great to work with. My typical day is visiting independent agents in Charlotte area selling them our Personal Auto, Commercial Auto and Motorcycle Products.
Nice work environment
RFQ Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2014
Overall good company to work for and I have learned a lot about sales and the insurance business as a whole.

2.9