National General Insurance

National General Insurance United States Employee Reviews

Not Paradise
Insurance Agent - Property/Casualty/Life/Health (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: Once you are on the naughty list you never get off, you either get no calls or junk calls to try to sell on
If you drink the kool-aid or always say yes and don't rock the boat then it another day in paradise otherwise it's a rough ride and hold onto your hats
Good place to learn the industry
Material Damage Telephone Claims Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexability, good benefits
Cons: job is solely based on numbers
Good place to start your career in insurance, training progam provided, benefits are competitive, job is based on numbers
you get out what you put in
Material Damage Claim Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, upper management listens and take steps to try and improve things
Cons: systems constantly crash which is frustrating, workload can be overwhelming at times
NGIC is a growing company. One of the benefits here is that you have different people with different insurance backgrounds from different insurance companies coming together in melting pot to make this company work. Unfortunately the same thing that is a benefit is also hurting us. To many ideas from to many different companies causes confusion. What needs to happen is we need one process for everything, It hurts a company when you have several different supervisors doing things their way.
Very energized work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people that i share the office with
Cons: short breaks
Management is very energized in what they do, which tends to trickle down unto the employees. It shows that people do enjoy the job that they do.

Through this job I have learned a lot about insurance and how it works as a whole. Also I have had the opportunity to learn about RV's, which is something that I knew nothing to very little on.

The hardest part is to explain to a customer that has a clean driving record, why their premium has gone up.

The people I work with are the highlight of the day. I really can identify with the people that I work with.
Good work place environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 19, 2014
High energy work environment that fosters a caring environment.
Provided excellenct experince in the customer service field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2014
The job allowed me the opportunity to expand on my interpersonal skills. I develop an ability to assist customer with their problems and help to provide a solution.
Customer Service

Relaxed work environment
Casual
Enjoyable Workplace. My team mates are wonderful
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte NCAugust 25, 2014
Territory Sales Manager for the Charlotte area. The Management is great to work with. My typical day is visiting independent agents in Charlotte area selling them our Personal Auto, Commercial Auto and Motorcycle Products.
Nice work environment
RFQ Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2014
Overall good company to work for and I have learned a lot about sales and the insurance business as a whole.
Revolving door, no job stablilty
Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: work hours, compensation
Cons: management, job stability
I liked my work schedule because it was consistent and my work/life balance was great. However, I felt as though certain managers did not take there roles seriously when it came to helping out their employees when they had an issue with some of the tasks and policies.
New Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: corporate perks, discounts to certain restaurants and amusement parks
Cons: short breaks, no room for advancement
The layout of the workplace seemed put to together but the leaders and management were not. Being a fairly new company guidelines changed all the time and leadership would say one thing and do the complete opposite. NGIC did not treat customers in a fair manor either especially when it comes to the billing department. Also went through 4 different supervisors within 3 months. Great experience in the corporate world and in the insurance field but the company was not put together.
Productive and fun place to work.
Processor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2014
Pros: food days, great benefits, great employee perks
Cons: 30 minute breaks
A typical day at National General is very fast paced enviroment, had the opportunity to learn things in the field of insurance, management was very friendly and very approchable as well as my co-workers the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the productivity standards in the Processing Department and the most enjoyable part of the job were the great people that I worked with everyday.
Constant Learning Environment
Material Damage Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2014
NGIC is a fast paced learning environment.
Every day truly is an opportunity to learn something new and apply it immediately.
Somewhat productive
Claims Service Consultant (Former Employee), Salem, NCMay 16, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: excessive system issues, lack of assistance from managers
A typical day of work includes 40-80 inbound calls regarding claim status or filing a new claim. I have learned a lot about the insurance industry and the process of filing claims. Management was not accessible to call center representatives to assist customers, which made it difficult to assist some customers with status information. I would say not being able to help or assist the customer to their satisfaction was the hardest part of the job, not being able to see the claim through to the end. I worked with a great group of associates and we motivated each other to ensure a successful day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for the customers and build a rapport with attorneys, agents and customers.
Opportunities for Growth
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Washington StateMay 9, 2014
Good opportunity for self starters and self motivated sales professionals.
Productive and fun workplace with WII.
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: temporary positions. limited job growth.
The job required you to hone your people skills.
You had to learn about the different insurance benefits the company offered.
The managers were typically easy to work with.
The most difficult part of the job was not being able to read illegible writing.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the free lunches and contests.
productive work enviroment
Screener (Former Employee), cleveland ohioApril 29, 2014
a typical day at NGIC consisted of outbound dialing to clients to help create a sale for the agent.
GOD AWFUL!!!!
claims rep (Current Employee), cleveland, ohApril 18, 2014
Pros: there aren't any perks to this place, unless you like the downtown aroma
Cons: honestly, there are no good reasons to work here, its just awful on all levels
Please be aware and do not work at this place. There's no structure nor are there processes and/or procedures. Needless the say, the management has NOT A CLUE to what they are doing and management is a JOKE! The culture here is to setup for failure. I forewarn anyone to attempt to work here. There's been several terminations since this place has been established and its been an outright disgrace to a living human being to endure daily. Not to mention, they would not definitely not place a minority on a management level and goes unrecognized.
Difficult work environment
Material Damage Telephone Claim Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 13, 2014
Pros: lots of paid time off.
Cons: long hours, uncomfortable work environment, high stress, heavy work load, unrealistic company expectations, low pay for the work.
Typically the day if very stressful. The phone is constrantly ringing. You have to use many different skills to handle the workload. You have to be organized, know how to deal with customers who are sometimes very angry and coworkers who are shouting on the phone right next to you. You can expect to have to work overtime in order to keep up and meet company expectations. The training is lacking in many important areas. When you leave training you feel as if you have been thrown to the wolves. The coworkers are friendly, but it doesn't make up for the wages which are inadequate for the amount of stress and long hours that you have to endure. Employee turnover is high and management seems uninterested in addressing employee concerns. They offer several days of paid time off, but you feel punished when you come back to a desk that hasn't been worked while you were gone. You almost hate to get sick or go on vacation for fear of what you're going to come back to.
Terrible place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOMarch 18, 2014
Cons: management, scheduling, no room for advancement, no training, improper communication, violation of privacy
Everything about this place is horrible. The managers, the owners, the hours. No room for advancement, no training, no one knows what it going on. This place is awful. Best thing that ever happened was leaving this place.

About National General Insurance

National General Insurance is one of the largest automobile insurers in the United States. National General Insurance offers a – Read more

National General Insurance Salaries