National General Insurance

National General Insurance Employee Reviews

Be careful if you take a job with National General Insurance
Direct Inbound Call Center Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2015
Pros: Gym and Nurse on site.
Cons: Poor management
Management cares only about themselves. The employees lower than the senior supervisor are forced to work in a sweat shop type atmosphere. Supervisors are forced to take work home with them due to the limited amount of time they are allotted during the work week. Instead of being able to coach and mentor their representatives supervisors have to take phone calls and are often unable to pull their representatives for discussions, coaching, etc.
terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 28, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: everything from poor management, bad training and work structure
Terrible company to work for training is short, then your thrown on the floor to deal with issues you haven't been taught. when you ask for help they get upset with you for not knowing things you were never taught. They have management who have open relationships with employees the company is a complete zoo.
horrible
insurance service rep (Former Employee), ohioMay 23, 2015
Pros: pay, benefits, employee appreciation, food, co workers
Cons: metrics, schedule changes, adherence, micromanagement
There are some good Supervisors and things that they do to show employee appreciation. However the constant schedule changes, adherence, and metrics will drive you insane. You never know when you will be on the fire list which adds to the stress of the job as well.
job life
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland OHMay 17, 2015
They will change your schedule every 3 months. This means that you 8am - 4:30pm for 3 months & then it would be 12:30pm to 9pm next 3 months. You can never make plans like go to college. Horrible training
Decent employer
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OhioMay 16, 2015
We take inbound calls from insurance custpomers. it is a high paced environment and constantly busy. The hardest part of the job is constant changes and requirements. The most enjoyable part is the ability to bonus.
was a fun a place at one time
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOApril 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: training, communication
before the company was sold and relocated most of the company to other parts of the united states the company was fun and management as well as co workers had more of a positive attitude.

I learned a lot from a little computer experience to underwriting knowledge for auto insurance.

I enjoyed my coworkers and management staff that I worked with as well as talking to customers all across the United States.
Not Paradise
Insurance Agent - Property/Casualty/Life/Health (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 9, 2015
Pros: Paycheck every 2 weeks
Cons: Once you are on the naughty list you never get off, you either get no calls or junk calls to try to sell on
If you drink the kool-aid or always say yes and don't rock the boat then it another day in paradise otherwise it's a rough ride and hold onto your hats
Good place to learn the industry
Material Damage Telephone Claims Representative (Current Employee), Ontario, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Flexability, good benefits
Cons: job is solely based on numbers
Good place to start your career in insurance, training progam provided, benefits are competitive, job is based on numbers
you get out what you put in
Material Damage Claim Representative (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great people to work with, upper management listens and take steps to try and improve things
Cons: systems constantly crash which is frustrating, workload can be overwhelming at times
NGIC is a growing company. One of the benefits here is that you have different people with different insurance backgrounds from different insurance companies coming together in melting pot to make this company work. Unfortunately the same thing that is a benefit is also hurting us. To many ideas from to many different companies causes confusion. What needs to happen is we need one process for everything, It hurts a company when you have several different supervisors doing things their way.
Very energized work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: enjoyable people that i share the office with
Cons: short breaks
Management is very energized in what they do, which tends to trickle down unto the employees. It shows that people do enjoy the job that they do.

Through this job I have learned a lot about insurance and how it works as a whole. Also I have had the opportunity to learn about RV's, which is something that I knew nothing to very little on.

The hardest part is to explain to a customer that has a clean driving record, why their premium has gone up.

The people I work with are the highlight of the day. I really can identify with the people that I work with.
Good work place environment.
Customer Service (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 19, 2014
High energy work environment that fosters a caring environment.
Provided excellenct experince in the customer service field
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 3, 2014
The job allowed me the opportunity to expand on my interpersonal skills. I develop an ability to assist customer with their problems and help to provide a solution.
Customer Service

Relaxed work environment
Casual
Enjoyable Workplace. My team mates are wonderful
Territory Sales Manager (Current Employee), Charlotte NCAugust 25, 2014
Territory Sales Manager for the Charlotte area. The Management is great to work with. My typical day is visiting independent agents in Charlotte area selling them our Personal Auto, Commercial Auto and Motorcycle Products.
Nice work environment
RFQ Analyst (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJuly 9, 2014
Overall good company to work for and I have learned a lot about sales and the insurance business as a whole.
Revolving door, no job stablilty
Service Support Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 23, 2014
Pros: work hours, compensation
Cons: management, job stability
I liked my work schedule because it was consistent and my work/life balance was great. However, I felt as though certain managers did not take there roles seriously when it came to helping out their employees when they had an issue with some of the tasks and policies.
New Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: corporate perks, discounts to certain restaurants and amusement parks
Cons: short breaks, no room for advancement
The layout of the workplace seemed put to together but the leaders and management were not. Being a fairly new company guidelines changed all the time and leadership would say one thing and do the complete opposite. NGIC did not treat customers in a fair manor either especially when it comes to the billing department. Also went through 4 different supervisors within 3 months. Great experience in the corporate world and in the insurance field but the company was not put together.
Productive and fun place to work.
Processor (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 3, 2014
Pros: food days, great benefits, great employee perks
Cons: 30 minute breaks
A typical day at National General is very fast paced enviroment, had the opportunity to learn things in the field of insurance, management was very friendly and very approchable as well as my co-workers the hardest part of the job was keeping up with the productivity standards in the Processing Department and the most enjoyable part of the job were the great people that I worked with everyday.
Constant Learning Environment
Material Damage Claims Adjuster (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 2, 2014
NGIC is a fast paced learning environment.
Every day truly is an opportunity to learn something new and apply it immediately.
Somewhat productive
Claims Service Consultant (Former Employee), Salem, NCMay 16, 2014
Pros: customer interaction
Cons: excessive system issues, lack of assistance from managers
A typical day of work includes 40-80 inbound calls regarding claim status or filing a new claim. I have learned a lot about the insurance industry and the process of filing claims. Management was not accessible to call center representatives to assist customers, which made it difficult to assist some customers with status information. I would say not being able to help or assist the customer to their satisfaction was the hardest part of the job, not being able to see the claim through to the end. I worked with a great group of associates and we motivated each other to ensure a successful day. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for the customers and build a rapport with attorneys, agents and customers.
Employees