National General Insurance Employee Reviews

great
INSURANCE SERVICE REP (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 10, 2018
great place to work sometimes not organized peers are very friendly and helpful does not really allow you to advance that is why i am seeking different employeement
Hire from within
Insurance Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 9, 2018
Management and Trainers are clueless on the job. Manager does not keep their word about finding you another position in the office if it does not work out. No warnings or communication on how they want you to work and let the team correct the errors making it impossible to understand when not all exceptions are on the guidelines. Company has taken on other companies the work is in overload.
Pros
car ports, benefits, hours, workload
Cons
low pay, failure to communicate warning, very cold
Not worth the headaches
Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 7, 2018
NGI is okay when you first start. The metrics are unrealistic. If you are ready to die young the NGI is for you. The office is not conducive to work. No breathing room...
Pros
Overtime pay
Cons
Everything else
Sweat shop
Associate Insurance Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 30, 2017
You are valued only as far as you can produce. No appreciation for employees, you are just a cog in the wheel. Managers pick and choose who to advance and train. There is no opportunity to advance within the company and the pay is extremely low for what you do.It is a very punishing culture and very little to no teamwork outside of the department you work in.
Pros
Vacation days
Cons
Low pay, poor management, limited opportunity
Overworked, Poor Management
Claims Rep II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 15, 2017
They get you in the door with a pretty decent starting salary for the area. The training has gone downhill over the years and new reps can't even take a proper statement. The workload is unbearable and you're either always really far behind or you have to work 10-12 hours per day and the weekends to catch up. Management always uses the excuse "it's the busy season" when there are complaints about workload. They don't care if employees quit because they know they can just push that person's work off on other people. Holidays and vacation are a nightmare. You have to submit all of your vacation requests in February and it's a fight to get off the days you need. There are 150+ people working there all trying to get PTO and they only allow 2-5 people per dept off per day, so good luck. Workload is constantly increased and since you're salary, there's no compensation increase except your yearly merit raise which is about 2%. The people who seem to go the furthest aren't the ones that are committed to their jobs or the best adjusters, just the ones that know who to brown nose to,
Pros
free onsite health clinic, good 401k, decent medical benefits
Cons
poor management, long hours, no work-life balance, relatively low pay for the industry
Unrealistic Expectations
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Not applicableDecember 13, 2017
Metrics set you up for failure. There seems to be a disconnect between upper management and lower level management. The claims per day workload is unrealistic.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Poor Management
Busy, growing company
Senior Insurance Servicing Representative (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CADecember 11, 2017
Management is great, close to mass transportation. There is always someone to help you. Great procedures for all work that needs to be completed. Pleasant place to work.
Pros
flexible work times
Cons
short lunches
Great time working as a temp employee
Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 7, 2017
It was a great working experience. I learned a lot in the short amount of time I was there! Everyone was very helpful and encouraged my growth by giving me plenty of opportunities to learn.
terrible stressful environment
Loss Drafts Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 4, 2017
This is the most stressful job I have ever had. No good supervision and is more a call center than they pretend to be. From the minute I came in we did inbound calls and at the same time servicing the claims. Supervisor never knew if someone was coming or going, work load was overloaded onto you. Someone was always complaining about something you did or did not do.
Great Company
Material Damage Telephone Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 28, 2017
Ability to multi-task is a plus a fast pasted environment. Room for growth in the organization.Ability to take control of your own desk and work independently.

Want to know more about National General Insurance?

Ask a question
Does not recommend Legal Assistant at General Counsel Office Roe , Associates
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 27, 2017
Small office about 10 employees
No room for advancement
Does not negotiate salary, low pay
Poor communication between management and employees
Poor management
Misleading job description at interview, on advertisement
Half hour lunch
No work life balance when you need emergency time off for children
Cannot make up time
Punch in and out 4 times a day
Depressing work environment
No appreciation from attorneys or management
A jail, it’s a revolving door , current employees would agree
Cons
Everything stated above
good environment
Scheduling & Traffic Controller (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 24, 2017
good work environment just no room for advancement and the pay is minimal. managers are great, very friendly. Pay and advancement after time with the company could be better.
Great Job for Anyone Getting into Insurance
Material Damage Claims Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 5, 2017
This company is excellent to work for. I was hired without any insurance background nor license. They offered paid training and helped me acquire my 620 license.
Pros
Great benefits, off weekends, paid training for new hires
Cons
Very stressful and faced paced working enviroment
Amazing company
Inbound claim specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 23, 2017
It's a really great company very relaxing and easy going great environment also amazing team and very great supervisors and managers very helpful nice
natgen
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
A growing company I was proud to work for. The business development role is a great position in a growing company to build and develop a productive territory.
Would not recommend
Claims Rep Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 21, 2017
Poor management and bad late hours, the environment is very depressing as well. so many people have indeed on their computers while working (lol) so that alone should sum it up.
Great work/ life balance.
Senior Manager, Claims (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2017
Employees are treated fairly, paid well, I enjoyed the people I worked with. Good work/life balance. Fun environment. Rewarded well for performance.
Great place
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2017
I was an intern this past summer. They are big about culture. The atmosphere is competitive but also fun. Your pay checks represent your work. If you're lazy, your paychecks will be low. If you work hard, they will be higher.
Pros
Free food often
Cons
their goals can be high and hard to hit.
Unhealthy Environment
FNOL for Auto and Home (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
I worked at the Dallas location for about 6 months, our manager would have our call center take over flow calls at peak hours, when the main campus in NC was barley getting calls. We would have 60 to 80 call in the queue and she would be at her desk playing "Candy Crush". Her tone when speaking was very disrespectful,she would send nasty emails and block overtime.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management issue
Sr. Claims Adjuster Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I worked with an amazing group. We have been there all 10 years plus. I would recommend this company to fellow friends. We were very productive, my management would keep us busy at all times. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers I worked with on the daily.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9