National General Insurance Employee Reviews

Worked alone on 3rd shift
Network Operations Center / Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 21, 2017
The company seems pretty good but I worked 3rd shift and I was by myself too much. I like to interact with people and my position did not provide this.
Not a great place to work unless you are friends with management
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 15, 2017
Did not enjoy working there. There was like a clique and if you were not in it, then you did not get promoted. They have mandatory 10 hour Monday. You have to work all holidays just about and the communication is not great.
Very friendly enviroment
Claims Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 14, 2017
Its a great place to work. The claims department is amazing. Everyone is very welcoming and willing to help assist you if you have any questions comments or concerns about the job.
Pros
great pay, great environment
Cons
short breaks, short lunch
Easy but can be challenging
Insurance Operation Representative (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAJune 7, 2017
Tedious and monotonous
Learned all the clients and tasks
Management is kind and understanding its an open door policy
Coworkers are friendly and welcoming but I kept to myself
Lots of constant changes and more tasks added
Able to plug in and listen to my music and eat snacks while typing the hours away.
Pros
Snacks, able to listen to music, and eat at desk
Cons
Wage and Healthcare
Good place to work in general
Senior Actuarial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 6, 2017
A good place to work, but the workplace culture could have been improved a bit. It was a good place for me to learn project management skills and it gave me the opportunity to see projects from start to finish.
Pros
Competitive salary and wide latitude on projects
Cons
Workplace culture could be better
Good for some people
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 1, 2017
This is a good place to work if you are fresh out of college without a family and if you have a lot of time to spare. However, I would not recommend it if you have a family because this job requires a lot of your time in the office.
Pros
Downtown Cleveland
Cons
Be prepared to work long hours
Fun and rewarding work environment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAMay 30, 2017
There was no "typical" day, I learned something new on a regular basis and was able to expand my knowledge and position within the company easily. Management was very supportive with open door policies in the beginning. The workplace culture was big on "team work", "one team, one goal". There were many incentives and employee perks.
Pros
Great atmosphere, co-workers, benefits, growth opportunity.
Cons
Lack of support from upper management. Not being able to do the job you were hired to do.
I love it so far!
Claims service consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 26, 2017
I just about finished my 4 week training. So far, I love National General Insurance. Everyone is friendly here including coworkers and management. I feel like I've been working here for years. The environment is very relaxing and it is everything the recruiter said it would be! The hiring process was the fastest I have ever experienced! Come join us :)
Great place to work. Relaxed work enviorment.
Material Damage Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 22, 2017
Very relaxed work environment. My manager was great. My group of co-workers were also great. The training program is basically non-existent. Extremely busy.
Pros
great work enviorment
Cons
non-existent training program
Please consider other options
Contract Employee (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2017
I made a huge mistake when accepting this job offer. If you are serious about your career please look elsewhere. This could explain why there are no tenured employees. I have only been here a short time but I can't see this as an opportunity for growth or advancement in my career. Constant system issues and months for access to systems you will need to do your day to day work.
Pros
quiet work envirmoent
Cons
system issues
Hard work
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 1, 2017
This company deals with alot of non-standard customers, basically insuring the high risk. The high risk people often don't understand what kind of coverage they've purchased and when a claim is submitted the potential for disaster is great. You will learn alot from this company if you want to work in insurance, however it will be stressful without a doubt.
Toxic enviroment
Senior Bodily Injury Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 23, 2017
Working for National General is very stressful. The toxic environment comes from upper management. Management does not care about employees work / life balance.
Cons
extreme workload, managers do not understand work/life balance
It's a good company to work for but advancement is nearly impossible.
Insurance Agent/Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 30, 2017
Great pay, great benefits. However you are expected to do a lot of work, without very much training.

The WORST part is that hard workers are not recognized and promotions are given to those who demonstrate very little work ethic.

Also, the bonus structure is quite sub par, considering the agents are not paid a commission.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Lack of recognition, no residual income.
Easy going
Systems Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 22, 2017
Easy going corp culture, flexible hours, extra paid holidays.
Opportunity to learn new things.
Some weekend work was required.
Several fun event through the year
Very dynamic company
Does not care about your hard work
Technical Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMarch 19, 2017
No matter how hard you work, if you look at someone wrong, they will fire you. They don't look at talent.. they cater to squeaky wheels.

HR will always take the complainers side,. for fear of being sued.
Pros
Pay
Cons
They don't look at talent- motto "You can be replaced"
Strickly work oriented mainly in the Total Loss Dept.
Total Loss Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXMarch 15, 2017
Other Departments seem to be good due to the Immediate Sprv. But if you end up with the wrong Sprv, well thats too bad for you.
Also they are very very big on Metrics Strict Metrics the only way to meet them is to devote all your time away from your family, but again this is mainly in the Total Loss Dept.unless you work from home will make the job much more doable.
Potential to be a Great Company, but falls short due to incompetency
Claims Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 1, 2017
.......and unprofessionalism from lots of the Staff who are undertrained, lack customer service skills, and basic phone etiquette and manners resulting in customers getting hung up on by the people who are supposed to be providing them customer service. Nonetheless, with an overhaul of the bad seeds and proper Management, the Company has a lot of potential to create a better non toxic working environment and overall working experience.
Pros
Income
Cons
No personal life balance
Its ok
Financial Reporting Accountant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2017
The company overworks the accounting department. Pay is good but there is little room for advancement. The cleveland office is not teated as well as the home office in NC
Horrible
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 15, 2017
There was no complete training and no one to train with. Very overlooked and have never been more micromanaged from day 1. I learned everything on my own dealing with insurance on mortgages.
Pros
Team Bonding
Cons
Employees watched every single move and reported it to managment
Productive and fun atmosphere. Great people to work with!
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 29, 2016
I've ready enjoyed working for this company as they are very employee focused. There are many fun activities and the management is very engaging.

I work in the auto department and the most demanding part would be the volume of calls received. However, it is very rewarding being able to provide excellent customer service and fix any issues with the customer on the phone immediately.
Pros
Great people, fun activities, great hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8