National General Insurance Employee Reviews

Great work/ life balance.
Senior Manager, Claims (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 11, 2017
Employees are treated fairly, paid well, I enjoyed the people I worked with. Good work/life balance. Fun environment. Rewarded well for performance.
Great place
Sales and Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 5, 2017
I was an intern this past summer. They are big about culture. The atmosphere is competitive but also fun. Your pay checks represent your work. If you're lazy, your paychecks will be low. If you work hard, they will be higher.
Pros
Free food often
Cons
their goals can be high and hard to hit.
Unhealthy Environment
FNOL for Auto and Home (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2017
I worked at the Dallas location for about 6 months, our manager would have our call center take over flow calls at peak hours, when the main campus in NC was barley getting calls. We would have 60 to 80 call in the queue and she would be at her desk playing "Candy Crush". Her tone when speaking was very disrespectful,she would send nasty emails and block overtime.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management issue
Sr. Claims Adjuster Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZSeptember 21, 2017
I worked with an amazing group. We have been there all 10 years plus. I would recommend this company to fellow friends. We were very productive, my management would keep us busy at all times. The most enjoyable part was the co-workers I worked with on the daily.
People were great team
Senior Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 21, 2017
Not allowed to say anything about management. But the people I worked with were great team players, shared info and helped everyone along. The employees were a focused team good to work with.
High stress, low compensation
Insurance Tracking (Current Employee) –  Everett, WASeptember 20, 2017
Low pay. Highly stressful. Not about what you know, it's about who you know. Micromanaging all their good employees out. No recognition for hard work.
Pros
no experience required
Cons
micromanaged, no recognition, low pay, stressful
Was let go by company due to eventual call center shut down due to facilities in TX & AZ
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PASeptember 16, 2017
I liked my job and management and coworkers, I enjoyed helping the customers by explaining situations and/or calling out to insurance agents and requesting their information
Pros
Recognized potential, compensated regularly
Cons
No room for advancement, the work being transferred out west
good job
Sr. Claims Services Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Really good job. Great people. Fun friendly environment.

Cons
Pay

Not the best when it comes to getting paid enough for the job you do.

Pro
Great people - good company
Enjoyable work experience
Insurance Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2017
For the most part I enjoyed working for National General, the pay was great and I loved my co workers. I was very comfortable with my job and there were many great benefits.
Low pay and ever increasing production requirements
Associate Insurance Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAAugust 30, 2017
Low pay. Billed as a "data entry" position, it actually involves a LOT more analysis of the documents than just mindlessly entering changes or verifying formatting and grammar.
If you meet their production standards, they just increase the number.
If staff requests ergonomic equipment they are being requested to provide a doctors note stating they are disabled.
Pros
Can't think of anything.
Cons
Stressful, They tell you to reduce your errors by working slower, Then they tell you to work faster, Never mind it can be one or the other.

Want to know more about National General Insurance?

Ask a question
Fun
Sales (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 20, 2017
Fun, but I need something with a better balance. Heavy commitment is sold there. I really enjoy the people, but the environment is a little too hyped for me.
Pros
Pay potential is pretty good, great coaches and team leaders.
Cons
Extremely time-conscious, 30 minute mandated lunches, not a flexible schedule
It's a good place to start
Accredited Claims Adjuster, Trainer and Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 19, 2017
You get learn a lot about working in a corporate setting. If monotony is something you're looking this is the place for you. Some of the issues I encountered while working here were the unreasonable goals the company would set, which were impossible to reach, as the tools provided by the company are outdated, not user-friendly, and were not conducive to proper time management or allow the ability to multitask. Which brings me to the TERRIBLE computer system--probably the worst computer system for claims handling you'll ever work with. The company is seriously falling behind on their technology.
Aside from the above, I did work with some great people. The management team was encouraging and understood the issues that the employees had.
Pros
Great management and benefits.
Cons
Terrible computer system, useless IT department.
I wouldnt recommed
Insurance Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 19, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone management sucks they just stare at you all day while your busting your but taking call after call. while your trying to help assist customers off the phone management and workforce harrass you. No one knows the right information and your told something different by everyone. Work environment sucks people arr very unprofessional. You are a number and thats it. Under paid for the number of calls you take and constantly being cursed out.
Pros
A monthly deposit when you put ppl on autopay and paperless
Cons
Mandatory 10hr shift on monday. Your a number. Under paid. Dont feel valve.
Too much for too little pay
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXAugust 16, 2017
I felt mentally drained after the 6 weeks of training. Its a lot to be yelled at by the trainer. To start you have to do a vision board and then tell too much personal information in front of the entire class that tends to come back up a lot. On the floor, if you listen to your team lead you can do okay but the pay from the interview and your actual pay differs drastically. It doesn't seem worth it for the amount they actually pay.
Pros
paid training
Cons
the trainer, the pay
claims adjuster
Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 16, 2017
learn to run time management, heavy work load.
in addition there is many issues with workload,
good people who are willing to assist all the time.
prepare to work for long hours.
Horrible place to work
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Winston SalemAugust 15, 2017
Management is a joke. The training wasn't sufficient at all! The pay is not worth the cursing out you have to put up with from customers. Calls are recorded and later can be subpoena in court!
Pros
Learn about insurance and how it eprks
Cons
The training isn't sufficient for what you job description is
Stressful working environment with little to no support from management
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioAugust 15, 2017
I really enjoyed the workload at National General and thought my co-workers were awesome to work with but management was of minor support, very stressful environment to work in.
Pros
Great co-workers and enjoyed the administrative responsibilities
Cons
I did not care for the style of management
Fun workplace
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 13, 2017
Its a great company to work for and the people are very friendly, and the training is great. But there is a lot to learn and a lot of opportunity for advancement.
Pros
quiet
Cons
breaks
Workload
Auto Claims Adjuster (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAAugust 5, 2017
There is not enough hours in the day to get the work done. This is definitely not a normal 8-5 job. Your raises are based on your metrics but the metrics are pretty tough to keep up with.
Horrible leadership!!!
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 31, 2017
The leaders in the sales department are greedy beyond far. No concern for the team members even though they pretend they care. If your big on leadership the sales department is not the place to be. Team leaders will stab you in the back with anything personal you tell them. It's just a stressful environment with even more stress from the leaders. Calling mandatory over time just so they can get paid is just down right wrong.
Pros
Compensation is nice
Cons
The leaders are snakes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9