National General Insurance Employee Review

View all National General Insurance reviews

A typical day
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 6, 2013
I enjoy my job alot. I like the interaction with clients and agents over the phone helping them with their needs. My knowledge has grown in regards to personal auto policy knowledge. I am feeling a little limited.

Other National General Insurance Employee Reviews

Run
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 16, 2018
Direct General was bought out by National General and since then my life has been miserable. The workload quadrupled (literally) and have not so much as offered a penny extra to compensate for this. The deadlines are nearly impossible. They expect you to be a machine from sun up to sun down. If you arent able to meet deadline 3 times in a year you are out the door, regardless of how many years is under your belt. Imagine being paid 27k for a 40k job. This company is horrible. Since the take over my entire department is looking for a new job. The turn over rate will continue to increase because only a fool would do that much work for pennys. Upper management is comprised of cocky and arrogant people who do not know the industry. They only know dollar signs. Employees mean nothing to them.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Everything else is a con
Slow
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 8, 2018
This is a company to start your career if you are an experienced agent run away from this company they want to pay you peanuts you will never get paid what you are woth.
Pros
Relax environment
Cons
pay very low its a Joke, Health benefit sucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National General Insurance. Our community is ready to answer.