National Government Services

National Government Services Employer Reviews

productive and team player
Medicare Insurance Claims Processor (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: long term job
Cons: lay off
Processed Medicare Part A and B insurance claims, and helped out with the mail room
excellent company
Medical Claims Examiner / Claims Processing Clerk (Former Employee), Yorktown Heights, NYMay 1, 2014
Pros: picnics, christmas parties
review medicare 1500 claims and edits
got job as a data entry clerk and advanced to claims processor
management was good
coworkers were good
hardest part was learning the job
most enjoyable was the quirks of the job
All in all, a good place to work
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMarch 12, 2014
I learned a lot while working there which gave me a good foundation for my future careers.
Appeals Representative
Appeals Grievance Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: great morale
Responsible for utilizing guidelines and review tools to conduct extensive research and analyze the grievance and appeal issue (s) and pertinent claims and medical records to either approve or summarize route to nursing and/or medical staff for review.
National Government Services is a great place to work.
Recovery Specialist II/Clerk II (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2014
I learned a lot during my employment there and got along well with my co-workers. Good benefits were a plus.
very good work experience
Claims Reviewer - RN (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYDecember 19, 2013
extensive training and support offered
helpful leads that answer questions
clean quiet environment
Modern company in competitive goverment insurance atomsphere
Government Insurance Specialist (Current Employee), East Syracuse, NYSeptember 30, 2013
As a CCR I, I speak with providers answering inquires and investigating health insurance claims. I have leaned several new computer systems including MCS, PIMS, PeopleSoft, and Deltek. The hardest part of the job is learning health insurance coding and my favorite part is reading a claim at first glance and solving issues efficiently and accurately.
Educational
Insurance Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYJuly 24, 2013
I learned a lot of the ins and outs of the Medicare system. Procedures, coding, billing and patient care.
Medicare Contractor Financial Operations
A Medicare Part A Fiscal Contractor (Current Employee), West Allis WIJuly 14, 2013
Pros: enjoy deadlines and challenging environment
Cons: constantly competing for existing contracts
Challenging position entails interpreting Medicare Financial guidelines along with compliance and audit
Great job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, WVJune 6, 2013
Great job and people. New challenged everyday, never a boring day.
Productive with projects and data processing
Administrative Assistant Medical Reviewer (Former Employee), West Allis, WIApril 13, 2013
Pros: company appreciated our hard work with many luncheons
Cons: short breaks, insurance demands
Provided typing skills and multi-tasking with projects each week tackling a new project. Worked as a Temp by assisting with projects to reach the companies goals.
laid back
Network Data Specialist I (Former Employee), harrisburg, paApril 10, 2013
Pros: flex hours
Cons: pay
no dress code, flex hours, no union, minimal micro managing
Solid company that's committed to it's customers.
Medicare CERT Coordinator (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHFebruary 11, 2013
A typical day at National Government Services is stressful, but fulfilling at the same time. It has taught me that organization is essential to maintain productivity. The hardest part of this job is keeping up with the heavy workloads and keeping up with the frequent changes made to the policies and guidelines.
productive and fun place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: thanksgiving lunch or christmas lunch was provided.
Cons: short lunch break
work environment was good. hours were very flexible. I learned how to exceed the production goals. Management was there when there was an issue with the work. Hardest part for me was being laid off but the best part was working as a team.
high production level
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PADecember 15, 2012
Customer Service Representative is a job where you are on the phone answering a verity of questions about Medicare 8 hrs a day. Very demanding a very production type job i loved it the benefits were good. My bosses were very nice and approachable . My coworker were fantastic we had lots of fun we were like a family.. Hardest part was all the changes – more... The enjoyable were my bosses and coworkers the times we got together I learned a lot about communacating with people . I loved the job but as usual i was down sized due a company merger my job was gone – less
Large health insurance company with a variety of career opportunities
Manager (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 13, 2012
Pros: great people to work with, it was easy to develop many lasting relationships, free parking, caferia, clean office environment, career advancement opportunities, good benefits
Cons: medicare rules, requirements, and guidelines are always changing
Working at NGS in a managerial role provided me the opportunity to develop a wide variety of business and people skills. I was responsible for the budget, monitoring employee performance, developing new processes and procedures, identifying problems and implementing corrective measures. Also as a manager I was instrumental in the hiring process, as – more... while as the termination of employees. – less
Nurse Medical Reviewer (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 7, 2012
Pros: working from home, flexability with work hours, no travel to work
Cons: no interaction with patients
Review of medical records and determination if correct billing codes, policy applied in order to meet medicare payment guidelines. Review of multiple claims throughout the day. Downcoding or denial of claims.
Jennifer Wagner 2012 Job responsibilities
Grievance & Appeals Representative I (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2012
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: standard operating procedures
I utilize three to five systems to verify claim information, assign or reassign claim data.

I learned applications, systems, software, provided training to co-workers

Management assists leadership in problem resolution, enhanced knowledge of Medical Coding by obtaining Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Degree to be completed July 3, 2012.

Co-workers – more... are team focused, mentored co-workers on project knowledge to reduce inventory

The challenges were to increase production in shorter time frame originally assigned i.e. 7 days originally down to 2-3 days resulting in achievement

Diversity of job knowledge; continually learning new skill sets and responsibilities – less
numbers, numbers, numbers....that's all they care about
Nurse Case Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INMay 16, 2012
Pros: mundane
Cons: broken promises
company doesn't follow thru on promises...yet keeps dangling the proverbial carrot
n/a
Data Base Representative (Former Employee), harrisburg, paApril 20, 2012
It's definately a job that requires you to be able to work fast pace.