National Government Services Employee Reviews in United States

Best Job Ever
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going to work there everyday. I learned knew things on a regular basis. The management was honestly the best, I couldn't have asked for better managers. My co-workers were supportive and became some of my closest and dearest friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was being able to help the customers.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, advancement, acknowledgement
Cons
I had to move so I was unable to stay there.
Typical Government Contractor
Process Engineer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 19, 2015
A typical day in my part of National Government Services would consist of 'fighting fires' and ensuring our internal and external stakeholders are receiving the information they need. We work hard so people receive appropriate payments in a timely and accurate manner. My team is a virtual team and works well together. As with any government contract, the team works within the guidelines of the government regulations; however, we do it well and receive high praises from our external customer.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Government regulations
Great Company
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 13, 2015
I loved working for this company. If I had not been laid off due to changes in the company, I would still be there. They offer great benefits, competitive salary and great people to work with.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons
A fun place to work, with a dedicated and knowledgable staff
Analyst - Provider Enrollment (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2015
NGS is a great place to work, and with the merger with CIGNA the opportunities will continue to increase. The staff is very knowledgeable, and management goes out of their way to make sure you have the necessary tools to complete your tasks.
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MarylandJuly 20, 2015
Plenty of room for advancement. Fast paced and relaxed environment. No hand holding or micro management. Easy access to management, continued training.
diverse place to work
Special Inquiry Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PASeptember 1, 2015
a diverse atmosphere. Working for an upcoming department with changes happening every day. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement both with in the department and throughout the company
Pros
health club reimbursement
Cons
harrisburg traffic
Grievance Appeals Rep (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2015
Production driven, causal setting, strives to be the best. Flexible hours. Work hard but also have fun times as well. Management is wonderful
Pros
great place to work, casual setting, able to listen to music
Cons
can't think of any
Decent Company for settled employees
Financial Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 27, 2015
Its a decent company for those already comfortable within their careers, however there is a lack of youth hiring at the company.
Good people and a fun place to work
Audit and Reimbursement Auditor (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 8, 2015
The people are great and all very helpful. Flexible work hours and good benefits. Manager will take time out of their schedule to listen to any questions. Love the fact that I continue to keep learning new things.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
long training/meetings
Large health insurance company with a variety of career opportunities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 13, 2012
Working at NGS in a managerial role provided me the opportunity to develop a wide variety of business and people skills. I was responsible for the budget, monitoring employee performance, developing new processes and procedures, identifying problems and implementing corrective measures. Also as a manager I was instrumental in the hiring process, as while as the termination of employees.
Pros
great people to work with, it was easy to develop many lasting relationships, free parking, caferia, clean office environment, career advancement opportunities, good benefits
Cons
medicare rules, requirements, and guidelines are always changing
Working at NGS was a great learning experience.
provider enrollment (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXAugust 5, 2015
Having already a little Medicare experience, the learning process was very insightful, and exciting. I learned about verification websites, providers and how they can be classified, facilities (practice location), data entry, and allot more. all in all it was a great work experience that I would love to do again.
Productive work day
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denison, TXJune 30, 2015
okay work environment. a little drama filled. Will get switched department no matter how hard you work. Better to keep to yourself and you might keep your job.
Pros
can keep to yourself easy if keep your head down
Cons
if a manager has a favorite and you upset that person, they will find a way to let you go
Productive workplace with plenty of room for advancement
Grievance & Appeals Representative I (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 9, 2015
A typical day can be challenging but a great learning experience.
I learned its good to take a few minutes each morning to refresh on all SOP's.
My co-workers are nice and very helpful.
The hardest part of the job is the constant change. You may get used to doing things a certain way but becuase policies change daily you have to be aware.
Pros
flex time, unlimited over time
Cons
benefits are expensive and doesn't cover much.
Horrible place to work
Appeals Representative I (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 17, 2015
Hated this place! They say they are familt oriented but they are not, no room for advancement at all here no one should work for them.
good benefits, salary good
CCR1 (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMarch 2, 2015
I loved working for this company. The pay was good. The Benefits were great. The managers were not all compassionate and understanding and some of them actually did not deserve there positions.
Jennifer Wagner 2012 Job responsibilities
Grievance & Appeals Representative I (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 27, 2012
I utilize three to five systems to verify claim information, assign or reassign claim data.

I learned applications, systems, software, provided training to co-workers

Management assists leadership in problem resolution, enhanced knowledge of Medical Coding by obtaining Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Degree to be completed July 3, 2012.

Co-workers are team focused, mentored co-workers on project knowledge to reduce inventory

The challenges were to increase production in shorter time frame originally assigned i.e. 7 days originally down to 2-3 days resulting in achievement

Diversity of job knowledge; continually learning new skill sets and responsibilities
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
standard operating procedures
high production level
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 15, 2012
Customer Service Representative is a job where you are on the phone answering a verity of questions about Medicare 8 hrs a day. Very demanding a very production type job i loved it the benefits were good. My bosses were very nice and approachable . My coworker were fantastic we had lots of fun we were like a family.. Hardest part was all the changes The enjoyable were my bosses and coworkers the times we got together I learned a lot about communacating with people . I loved the job but as usual i was down sized due a company merger my job was gone
Great company
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 28, 2015
The company itself is a great to work for but the people who run it are not very positive. I am temp at my job and was told that if we did our best and stood out we would have a opportunity to become permanent but unfortunately that is not true.
Nice place to wrok
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hingham, MAAugust 16, 2014
The people are great. . Nice benefits. I would recommend anyone to work there. Just don't pay enough for the work we do. Its a Federal government contract. The hardest part of job is bidding for jobs every five years.
Pros
flexible start times
Cons
not a fan of going through a contract every 5 years.
productive and fun place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 28, 2013
work environment was good. hours were very flexible. I learned how to exceed the production goals. Management was there when there was an issue with the work. Hardest part for me was being laid off but the best part was working as a team.
Pros
thanksgiving lunch or christmas lunch was provided.
Cons
short lunch break