National Government Services Employee Reviews

I am very glad to work with NGS
Jr.Java developer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2017
I have learned lot of new things.They are very supportive and friendly. It is a good place to explore and learn new things.I completely enjoyed working with NGS.
The MAC world is competative
Business Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 10, 2017
The MAC world does not allow for any mistakes, intentional or not, even with 2 levels of Peer QA. Not investigation done when error was not yours to accept.
Pros
work at home option
Cons
terrible health insurance
A great company and awesome people
SCA Facilities Security Admin (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 5, 2017
So many people there have worked there for over 40 years.. says a lot about the company. I have the ability to do a variety of job duties, and always learning something new. Overall, I'm really going to miss this job.
Pros
Great teamwork environment, and benefits
Cons
This office is closing, and my position isn't transferable to work at home.
Good company as a whole
Financial Operations Technician - ORU Dept (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2017
specific ORU department somewhat negative environment but only fraction of larger outfit that was positive. Production /Performance database and time recording versus work performed record keeping invested too much time keeping track of what did versus accomplishing more. Good company to work for overall
productive
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 13, 2017
productive working within the Indianapolis area. work environment is very diverse. most enjoyable part is to learn and ways of healthcare and policies and procedures.
Stressful environment in Provider Enrollment due to manager and director
Provider Enrollment Manager (Former Employee) –  Denison, TexasFebruary 14, 2017
Stressful environment. This is not an employee friendly atmosphere. Especially the Provider Enrollment department. The manager there is a micro manager and the pay is low. I would not recommend working in Provider Enrollment until they get a proactive manager and replace the director.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
strict guidelines, almost cannot meet them
Grievance & Appeals is not the greatest place to work
Grievance & Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Other departments within the company seem ok but this one is constantly changing, asking more and more of the employee and in 3 years the increase in pay was barely cost of living. The production expectation is minimum of 95% and the quality expectation is 90%. It's more important to get the work out the door and close cases then do a quality job. Management micromanages and it doesn't seem like they know how to turn the apartment in a positive direction at all.
Pros
Flex time
Cons
healthcare is ok, no pay increases, micromanages
Great benefits and environment
DM Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2017
Overall was a great place to work. However, everything was based on Government contract, so stability was not guaranteed. I thought the benefits were well above average, and no complaints about management.
Productive and Customer oriented Health care services
IT Quality Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 24, 2017
Attend meeting, Testing task to follow on daily, weekly, monthly based on Sprint. Testing based on System updates cycle in different Environment eg. Testing, Train, Productive, UAT etc...
Pros
provided flexible schedule
Cons
less onsite meetings
Respectable Place to Work
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 23, 2017
NGS has a fast-paced work environment and lots of areas to grow professionally. My specific program has a good management team that supports an environment of continuous improvement. The hardest thing about working here is job stability since we are a government contractor. There is always the question of whether or not we will win the next contract.
Pros
Good vacation time, lots of professional areas of growth, nationwide affiliates
Cons
Job stability
Overall a great place to work
Appeals Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 23, 2017
This company cares about there employees as if they were their customers and I would highly recommend working for this company.
Bad Experience
CLERK 2 (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 20, 2017
I worked 2nd shift in the mail room so I scanned all types of documents into a database. I didn't like 2nd shift and wanted 1st shift but couldnt get it until I got promoted to data anayst 2
Pros
set hours
Cons
favortism
Sr. Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 16, 2017
The company overall is productive but work a lot of hours over 40 per week. My co-workers are hard-working but overworked and stressed.
benefits
Cons
no breaks
Productive and fast paced work environment
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2017
Assist members with all questions concerning their plans, benefits, finding a provider, contacting pharmacies, quoting benefits, reviewing for authorizations.
I also work from home so I am self sufficient as well.
Great Fortune 500 company to work for if you don't expect to be promoted.
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PA/Indianapolis, INDecember 5, 2016
Provider Enrollment Specialist I position for 13 years and no promotion. Management is not inclined to promote to other departments. Alot of favoritism in the department. Feedback on job performance is done during performance review and never changes. There is no distinction between what a provider Enrollment Specialist I and II does. Therefore, the promotion criteria is unclear if even stated. This is a production job.
Struggling
Senior Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 20, 2016
Difficulty finding path.Going in every direction, not sure where to focus because forcing every where trying to show expertise everywhere. Changing tools across the board, not following a strategy.
great opportunity for advancement and learning various operational areas
Provider Outreach and Education Representative (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 2, 2016
National Government Services provided me with the opportunity to learn various operational areas for Medicare Jurisdiction B DME. If it weren't for the loss of Medicare Jurisdiction B DME contract, I could see opportunity for advancement and many years to come with the company.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
loss of Medicare contract
Best Job Ever
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 2, 2015
I enjoyed going to work there everyday. I learned knew things on a regular basis. The management was honestly the best, I couldn't have asked for better managers. My co-workers were supportive and became some of my closest and dearest friends. The hardest part of the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part was being able to help the customers.
Pros
Lots of opportunities, advancement, acknowledgement
Cons
I had to move so I was unable to stay there.
A fun place to work, with a dedicated and knowledgable staff
Analyst - Provider Enrollment (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 28, 2015
NGS is a great place to work, and with the merger with CIGNA the opportunities will continue to increase. The staff is very knowledgeable, and management goes out of their way to make sure you have the necessary tools to complete your tasks.
Great Company
Claims Processor II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYSeptember 13, 2015
I loved working for this company. If I had not been laid off due to changes in the company, I would still be there. They offer great benefits, competitive salary and great people to work with.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Government Services. Our community is ready to answer.

National Government Services Reviews by Location