National Grid Employee Reviews

Great Company to Work For, Amazing Actually
Tester Technician (Current Employee) –  Utica, NYJanuary 10, 2018
I have only worked at National Grid for 4 Months at this point, but I absolutely love the job. Great people to work with, Manager and Supervisor are the greatest, Excellent salary and benefits. They treat you like a person and a valuable member of the team The hours are great too. There is nothing not to love about being a proud employee of National Grid.
Pros
Salary, Benefits and Job Itself
Cons
Work life balanced but no career advancement
Senior Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 9, 2018
1) High turnover

2) Experienced employees are hard to get promoted

3) Good place for new career starters with many training programs

4) Excellent benefits
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Political and strange middle management
Hit or miss
Not given (Former Employee) –  MAJanuary 4, 2018
Management outside of the yard locations is poor.
Terminations are unwarranted and have no backup.
Managers in yards will not do what's right for fear of losing their jobs too.
#1 Energy company in the northeast with excellent opportunities and benefits
Senior Financial FERC Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 2, 2018
Very good company that allows freedom with prioritizing work commitments and deadlines. Learned much about the energy industry and all the players to fun an efficient finance operation. Workplace culture was very engaging and supportive. Management turnover a few times created some concern with many people trying to move to other departments or leave. Would very much welcome an opportunity to thrive in this company or business again.
Pros
Friendly supportive environment with peers, benefits, work responsibilities
Cons
Management turnover and support, communication and advancement
TDC Employee Services Clerk (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 30, 2017
overall company and pay was good but very poor management in the department of Employee Services which i was in. Very good opportunities for advancement and bidding to switch departments. Pay was very good for the area that the company is located in.
Energy Efficiency Program Execution Intern (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 28, 2017
National Grid is a great place to work. Staff collaborate on projects and all staff are willing to help one another. Management is excellent as well.
Great if you like nepotism!
IS Nobody (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYDecember 19, 2017
IS department is 10 years behind tech wise. Decisions made on vendors that hurt the entire company without any common sense. IS management consistently brings in unqualified 'friends' to leadership positions and pushes others out.
Pros
Some people great, benefits ok
Cons
nepotism, outsourcing, backstabbing
great place to work
Senior Compliance Analysis (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYDecember 13, 2017
great place to work good salary . would recommend, lots of opportunities to move up within the company. Relaxed but serious when it comes to safety of the public and employees.
They don’t care about safety
Eru/pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MADecember 9, 2017
Boston gas was great place to work they cared about employees. National grid wanted all groups to be separate and not want communication outside work or us to be friendly with each other
Pros
Salary benefits working alone
Cons
Supervisors to strict prevented smooth working environment
Work life balance
Global Strategic Incident Manager (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 26, 2017
National Grid is a good company. During my time there a work life balance was poor. No consideration from Management. The work was rewarding and I loved my position.
Pros
Good company and great jobs.
Cons
for some positions in management work life balance doesn't exist
National Grid
Senior Information Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 22, 2017
it's the great company to work. I want to change job because I put many hours in Driving. It's really Flexible hours. It's good company you can move around within the company.
N/a
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 20, 2017
Good company to work for I have no complaints. Average day is 8 hours, work at my own pace & the pay is pretty decent. Hardest part of the job is staying awake being that I work the overnight tour.
lack of advancement
Customer service representative 2A (Current Employee) –  300 erie blvdwestNovember 15, 2017
This job has really lost its advancement opportunities over time.This company does not care about it's employees who work hard in their own department and will easily hire a less experienced person to advance if they have connections within the company.
National Grid
Internship (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYNovember 13, 2017
National Grid was a great work experience. I worked there 2 years in row and I had the best opportunities. I learned so much as well as using many different types of computer programs. I had the best co-workers, who were all so friendly and helpful especially when I needed help with a project I was assigned. There was even a ping pong table in the office so mostly our Friday lunch breaks consisted of playing ping pong for the hour. I would recommend a friend or anyone to work at National Grid. It is a wonderful environment to be in.
Pros
Free Lunches, ping pong table
Damage Prevention Inspector (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 11, 2017
it was a great place to work for me it is a union job good benifets management was their for you when you needed anything I only left because I was able to retire and relocate to Arizona
Well engaged work
Senior Financial Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 6, 2017
I would recommend National Grid as a good company to work for. There is a lot of growth opportunities that I saw working for the company and the industry was a welll established industry.
Contract Analyst Balance Sheet Integrity (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 6, 2017
Friendly relaxed environment. Community minded company.
I learned about the gas utility business and international reporting.
Management is willing to teach and support your willingness to learn.
Pros
Occasional free lunches
I had a fulfilling career of 29 years.
Senior Supervisor- Customer Metering Services (Former Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYNovember 1, 2017
I learned that the utility industry is changing everyday.
Older employees have a harder time advancing in this company.
Hardest part of job is working with union issues.
Pros
Safe working environment.Great benefits. Oppurtunities for advancement
A Great Place to Work
Senior Engineer/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 29, 2017
I spent the first 30 years of my career working for National Grid and its predecessor companies. A great place for career growth, benefits and work-personal life balance.
great career if you can be patient
Revenue cycle management associate (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 28, 2017
Great job when it comes to not having to worry about your job being gone. however, poor management, childish coworker;s and awful favoritism. Also, it takes a very long time to advance to any position really making the good money/benefits.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Grid. Our community is ready to answer.