National Grid Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place
Sr. Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 27, 2016
Awesome Great culture Learning experience. I would recommend this company. I was allow to grow and advance great place to work
Excellent place to work
Contract Fleet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Watertown, NYApril 20, 2016
Managers are really helpful and informative. Plenty of technical training and the benefits are very good. Plenty of on the job experience and an outstanding opportunity for growth.
Very desirable company
Employee Services Analyst - Absence Management (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NY 13224April 9, 2016
Wonderful environment. Call center and employee services and benefits resolution. Many levels of human resources. Corporate support and training. Would have loved to have stayed in the TDC.
Pros
Professional environment
Cons
Contract position
decent company to work for
MATERIALS MANAGER - Complex Construction NE/NY (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 9, 2016
Decent company to work for. Reorganization reduced management workforce by 20%. Corporate politics can be frustrating at times but overall good company.
National greed
Customer Service Representative II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 25, 2016
was a great job but management was horrible. After working forty plus hours a week for three years I was fired for missing work due to a seizure because I'm epileptic. My manager had it out for me so I opened a complaint to the ethics department and soon after I get fired. Its like a military camp. Supervisors pass up and down rows making sure your not on phone or doing anything wrong even talking to co worker you get in trouble. Anybody who I met that works there does not like it but needs the work. It was mostly the Accounts Processing dept
Very professional enviornment
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 24, 2016
National Grid is a excellent job great opportunities to grow within the company. A typical work day is very mellow the co-workers are very cooperative and personal. Management as well.
Friendly atmosphere within an ethical company concerned about their shareholders.
Digital Risk & Security Assistant (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 18, 2016
During my time at National Grid I often worked in groups with their Digital Risk & Security department. Receiving projects from my superiors, I would assist my team in internal audits of our system and controls. My favorite part of my job was working with such great teams and traveling to other locations to perform off-site audits.
Pros
Group Chemistry and Traveling.
stable job, but limited growth opportunity
Associate Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 16, 2016
a good place to work, but upper mobility is limited especially for young talent. management needs to recognize and nurture young talent or risk losing it.
Pros
benefits, good wage, work flexibility
Cons
limited growth, work culture needs some improvement
Not a good union
District Assistant Trainee (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 16, 2016
the job is pretty decent but the union sold their soul to the management long time ago. The pay is decent if you manage to make it past 3 years but other than that its a regular job.
Very challenging
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monson, MAFebruary 9, 2016
Challenging but beneficial if you are hard worker. I learned so much and most people were very supportive. Expectations are very high so you need to stay on your game at all times
Pros
Good compensation
Cons
High expectations for performance (not really a con if you do your job)
Excellent Company
excellent infrastructure.
Good perks
Good salary
Intelligent people
Overall a great place to work, offering good opportunities and benefits.
Regulator Maint./Instrument Senior Engineer Supv. (Current Employee) –  Melville, NYFebruary 3, 2016
National Grid is composed of a diverse, highly qualified, and caring personnel whom work together to move the company forward each year. There is so much to learn as there is an extensive work plan to extend the company's customer base. They offer good benefits. They take safety very seriously, which is important to me.
Pros
Flexible work schedule, diverse work.
Cons
Many new employees working hard to learn the industry. Much experience has left.
everyday was something different
Natural Gas Customer Meter Service (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MAJanuary 22, 2016
worth while work, I was working in the Boston area and had a great interaction with customers that we served. Every day was different and I enjoyed problem solving an issue, figuring out the end result. Worked with many great co-workers in the union and in management.
Pros
making a diffence in a customers life
Cons
outside elements
Productive and fun workplace
Gas Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 21, 2016
Locate and repair gas leaks. Install new gas lines and fuse plastic gas lines to install for new service. Loaded gravel and unloaded gravel to backfill holes.
Stressful and Confusing
Senior Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAJanuary 6, 2016
I worked for this company for nearly 3 years and never saw a job description. Our performance goals were often given to us late or changed. There was almost no direction for most of my time there. There was no appreciation shown for a job well done. Safety incentives were often counter-productive. My manager would berate us for not showing enough initiative, then criticize every decision we made. I was pushed into several anxiety attacks until I quit.
Pros
Pay and benefits are good
Cons
Hugely stressful environment, unsupportive management, lack of communication, lack of effective organization, lack of training
Stable job with interesting and complex work
Acting Lead Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2015
National Grid is a very stable culture that sits at the forefront of the energy sector. National Grid provides a great work life balance, with great benefits, and is a great place to work.
company always looking to improve business environment
Head Teller/Customer Service/Supervisor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 17, 2015
This company is an overseas company that over took KeySpan gas company and had to make a lot of adjustments to the u.s.a business part of things it has good intention. However it sold a lot of our company in turn a lot of jobs were lost. Hopefully they've worked out a lot of those kinks
Pros
open to ways it can improve business
Cons
cut lot's of jos no increase of pay for more responsibilites
Professional work environment and leading utility in the North East.
Senior Business Analyst/Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYDecember 9, 2015
A dynamic work place with many opportunities to expand a professional career. Challenging industry and interesting changes to keep interest in providing more efficient solutions.
based on seniority
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 7, 2015
call center raise depends on overall performance of center
starting pay is low
can move around in company but that's based on seniority
Pros
holiday celebrations, meetings, benefits
Cons
low pay
Great Company, Horrible Management
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYNovember 23, 2015
I used to love my job and did it well, but the management did nothing to make things better for the employees. They started training more which was good, but management had a lot of favoritism. One supervisors in particular was on a power trip after being promoted.
Pros
Free food sometimes