National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,611 reviews matching the search
Not quite the same as Active duty
Specialist E-4 (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 28, 2016
As far as things go, it is still the military and I can get along fine with this, but my issue is with having to show up once a month which can get in the way of my civilian employment. I would much rather be doing the military full time again if I had to choose between the two.
Pros
Only once a month
Cons
Can get in the way of civilian work.
Gained Knowledge
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYJune 27, 2016
Learned how to be a great leader and overcome difficult situations quickly and effectively. Respect. Loyalty. Honor. Selflessness.
Workplace with advancement potential and benefits
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
The National Guard is dedicated to it's warriors and their families. The environment is productive and promotes cohesion. The Management cares about their employees and their needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there were weekly team building events in all sections. All the co-workers ultimate goal was the success of the organization, and never really any bickering.
Benefits
Cons
Having to cancel days off if a mission came up at the last minute.
Fun and rare job opportunity
Gunner (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJune 26, 2016
There is no such thing as a typical day in the National Guard. We train to perfection and we love our job. I have been on M1 series tanks for 7 years and its the best job that i have ever had. The opportunities and experiences are one of a kind. The hardest part is conducting a gunnery in 1 weekend, while Active components have weeks to conduct theirs.
Would not trade this experience for anything
Equipment Parts And Records SpecialistS (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 26, 2016
I really value my first time in the military. I learned a valued trade plus patience. Later in life I still find myself utilizing a lesson learned during this period in my life.
I enjoyed learning logistics. It has proven useful in my civilian time and time again.
Pros
Job advancement is virtually limitless, lifelong useful education
Cons
not helpful for any single parent
Fun and Productive work place
reporter, editor, videographer, producer (Current Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJJune 26, 2016
Research, prepare and disseminate information through news releases, radio and television products. Perform as writer, reporter, editor, videographer, producer, and program host in radio and television productions. Perform operator level maintenance on assigned equipment and maintenance on assigned vehicles and generators.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
limited sleep
Loved The Guard
Logistics Specialist (92A) (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 26, 2016
The TN National Guard opened up many possibilities than I could have imagined! Great experience and I would recommend anyone to join.
Professional
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 26, 2016
Professional setting that teaches a wide range of skills and jobs. Will engage in team work along with individual work. Must meet the standard in order to advance.
videography and video production
Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) (Current Employee) –  EdmonJune 25, 2016
The military is the most diverse organization in America. Taking a closer look into the minds of the individual soldiers and talking about real emotions and thoughts is very interesting to me. I consider my job as a broadcast communications specialist the best job in the military.
Pros
the job
Cons
time away from home
Great benefits with poor work environment.
68W Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Franklinton, LAJune 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job is being in the service. However, the hardest part of the job is working with people who are power hungry after they receive their first NCO promotion. Coworkers are a hit or miss experience due to the competitive nature of the majority male workplace.
Pros
education benefits, part-time, job security, healthcare benefits, paid career training
Cons
Sexism is common among the more rural units
Fast paced Very Enjoyable workplace
DFAC Supervising SGT (Former Employee) –  Fort Indiantown Gap, PAJune 24, 2016
Early work days that consisted of Mananging soldiers which prepared and distributed nutrition to mobilized soldiers. Maintain OSHA regulations and daily upkeep of Facility.
Pros
Gratification of hard work enviroment
Cons
Unpredictable work hours
Senior Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 23, 2016
The Ohio National Guard is a great opportunity to learn, go to school and meet new people. The is limited availability for advancement as one gets higher and higher rank.
Pros
abc
Cons
abc
Career Developement
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  WVJune 23, 2016
If you put your all into it you can make great things happen to improve your life and career with mentoring from Army Leaders.
Good Experience
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Florence, AZJune 23, 2016
Best Experience i had when operating heavy equipment. I have learned a lot in my 9 years of Military experience.
Demanding Job
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, KY 42141June 22, 2016
Demanding Job, but many opurtunities to advance. Benefits are excellent. Some of the regulations during work are clearly nonsense and serve no purpose.
I would recommend the military to anyone seeking a rewarding experience.
Military Police Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAJune 22, 2016
The military taught me discipline and a sense of duty. It is a great place to start. The culture is conducive to teamwork and loyalty to fellow soldiers.
Pros
Benefits and job culture exceed expectations
Cons
Days or months away from home
My Review of the Indiana National Guard
Specialist E-4 (Current Employee) –  Remington, INJune 22, 2016
I love being apart of the National Guard and serving my country. I work one weekend a month and two weeks in the summer. A normal work day consist of 6am-6pm doing any and all vehicle or administrative work assigned to the team for the day while also maintaining our individual task.
Pros
Free Lunch, Self Motivating work
Guards Man (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJune 21, 2016
Working as a national guard man is a fulfilling job, knowing you are training to be called on when ever needed. it is extremely physical demanding on the body but at the same time rewarding
Sense of duty
FIRST SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Hingham, MAJune 21, 2016
Enjoyed the sense of duty, being part of something bigger than yourself, the fellow Soldiers, the work and benefits. I learned how to deal with many situation and people
A wealth of information
09S Officer Candidate/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJune 21, 2016
My time in the military was spent primarily in training to become an officer. In my training, I received allot of information. I was able to expand my knowledge in the things I didn't know and grow in the information I already did know. I met many different individuals that were able to set good examples for what I wanted to represent in the military.
Pros
Education, Additional income, Physical Fitness, Self satisfaction, Personal growth
Cons
Pay

4.5