National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,720 reviews matching the search
Serve your country
25U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXFebruary 21, 2017
This job is for someone who is willing to protect and serve the people, family and friends. It is a selfless service job that you would WANT to do. I have learned how to be very respectful, understanding and especially patience. The hardest part is listening and obeying leadership even when they are wrong, which brings the best part of showing your country that you can put on the uniform and show that you will do anything to protect this country.
Pros
Patriotic, Character, Befenfits
Cons
Government property, Time management
Great Work, Great Benefits
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Platteville, WIFebruary 21, 2017
I joined the National Guard partly to serve my country, but to also cut the proverbial chord with my parents and gain some Independence for myself. The National Guard will help with college, debt, student loans, and, when on deployment, family.

Work is not that bad. It is a simple 2 days a month, 2 weeks a year commitment.
Pros
benefits, military experience, small monthly commitments
team building
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJFebruary 21, 2017
great to work with others, build great confidence with team, and train for war and military objectives. learn how to build skills needed for today's workforce.
No advancement
Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Takes too long for promotions. Have to wait for people to retire to even get low promotions. Go active or reserves. If join do your homework on slots open for your MOS and future promotion potential.
Pros
Meet good people, serve your country, free college
Cons
good old boy promotion system
daily task
M1A2 Tank Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Southern Pines, NCFebruary 21, 2017
Once a month we had drill and would have to report to the armory at Southern Pines. During that drill we would normally have vehicles that needed to be repaired whether it would be Humvees, tanks or any other wheeled or tracked vechicles.
ALL WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Camp Navajo, AZFebruary 20, 2017
A typical duty day starts off at 6am and i begin to preform a service to a military vehicle either tracked or wheeled to obtain mission capable status. The day is never dull, fellow soldiers are there to help in any situation whether finishing up a service or providing a helping hand in a major repair. the management is very well organized and very respectful. The shop is like one big family and everyone works well with others.
Nice
Team Leader/SGT (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLFebruary 20, 2017
being a weekend warrior allowed me to stay in touch with my family and be part of the military community as well the civilian community.
Productive and quite an experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GUFebruary 20, 2017
I grew as an individual and became a much more responsible citizen. Physical and mental health became paramount in my daily life. Stress management and resiliency are now part of my virtues.
Was honored to serve.
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 19, 2017
The military provided me with everything I needed to provide for my family. It allowed me the opportunity to grow professionally and as a person.
Pros
Benefits and travel
Cons
Benefits and travel
Productive and fun people to work with
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2017
My time with the National guard has been very fun. We know how to joke and get things done at the same time. The people are like a tightly knit family. We always enjoy challenges of the different vehicles that are brought in. I also feel like working with the National Guard I have great mechanical skills that can apply to my civilian life.
Great from what I saw of it.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 17, 2017
I wasn't in the guard long enough to provide any meaningful feedback.From what I experienced, it was a positive environment with friendly people. The people there make coworkers feel more like friends or family.
Army National Guard was an honor to be apart of.
Sgt. Lilenquist (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UT 84660February 17, 2017
Joining the military teaches you so many good life lessons plus you have a sense of honor and it makes you feel proud to be apart of something so great.
Pros
Endless opportunities
Cons
Being away from family
Great career booster
Soldier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2017
Helps create great work ethic, and teaches you to work well as a team. Can be difficult, and stressful, but overall extremely rewarding. Passionate coworkers as well.
Everyday you learn something new and you're surrounded with people who have the same aspirations as you to saurian in life
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 17, 2017
Every drill is filled with a busy schedule. Everyone is always doing something. Leadership is always around to give subordinate a hand or advice. The atmosphere is always safe and positive.
great career option
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VAFebruary 17, 2017
work full time on active orders and the pay was great. barracks was livable and decent. the people i worked with are amazing. i love it.
n/a
Inventory Clerk/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Requires hard work, skill, and dedication. A good place to work. If you want a long lasting career that will take you places, the Army National Guard is the way to go.
Military Service
Commissions Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaFebruary 17, 2017
The military has given me experiences I could never have dreamed of. The chance to serve the people of my state and Country in the times it needs us the most. The military has been very good to me and my family and I appreciate the opportunity to serve this great Nation of ours.
national Guard
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 16, 2017
The national Guard is a great experience and gave me a lot of life skills such as working under pressure. I was active for four years and then transitioned to the national guard as part time military.
Great Opportunity
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the National Guard can be challenging but it is definitely worth it. You will feel great pride in what you do and accomplishment in your achievements. It is a great opportunity for those who want to serve their country and pursue a civilian career at the same time.
Pros
Educational and healthcare benefits.
Cons
Long work days
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MO 65270February 16, 2017
It's an outstanding position that allows one to increase their experience with their abilities and knowledge of the going abouts of our different levels of government. It was a fun experience and would be glad to do again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5