National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 10,055 reviews matching the search
Physically and Mentally Challenging that prepares you for stressful jobs and careers
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day as an Intelligence Analyst in the Army starts in the office or the Headquarters of the unit. As an Intel Analyst you will receive a Top Secret security clearance and have access to Secret Info. With this info you will come up with ways to depict and attack opposing forces. On this job I learned how to handle high tense situations because one misjudgement of my analysis can cost tons of lives.
part-time army
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
join if you are looking for army experience, but don't want to fully commit for obvious reasons. Each unit is different, talk to several people from different types before making a decision
Pros
tricare, deployment experience
It was a honor to serve my country
SGT (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 17, 2017
Very stressful environment and family balance is none, however teaches you so much! It was an honor to serve my country and I would do it all over again!
great abrach to be in
91 Bravo/Light Wheeled Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLAugust 17, 2017
Military services provides an excellent opportunity for young people to acquire skills and resources which build a solid foundation for later life.
go gog go Army
its great
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Current Employee) –  Jerome, IDAugust 17, 2017
The national Guard is great for young men and women who want to learn self motivation and determination to accomplish your goals. it has changed my life for the better.
Learned skills that apply directly to careers today.
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, VTAugust 17, 2017
It was endearing, and stressful most of the time. Time constraints were the biggest issues. My unit worked well together and added to my ability to work well with teams. Overcoming obstacles and unforeseen challenges was a daily occurrence, as was quick repairs to comm equipment.
Pros
Good skills
Cons
Long hours low pay
Life in the National Guard
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ORAugust 17, 2017
I was just a "weekend warrior" as I had come from active duty army and was told I still needed to do time in the National Guard. The post was luckily only a few blocks from where I lived when I got out. I had gone from Patient Admin to Human Resources. Usually got good training every weekend, the 2 weeks in the summer were interesting as we went a few different places and other weekends we went into the field for more training.
Pros
Pride, Unity, Free Food, Free Schooling
Cons
Stress, Deployment
Military Service Is always a Great Experience
Executive Officer Arkansas (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 17, 2017
It is what you make it. Prove yourself and will always have a challenging mission. Always forward Progression. Some missions are more challenging than others but always an exciting experience.
Great Job to have for experience and life development
Human Resource Specialist/Supply (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 17, 2017
When I was in service it felt like family. We have our ups and downs but no matter where you go or what you're doing with the military, it feels like home. Being in the military has taught me survival skills, team work skills and work ethic. the hardest part I would say is maintaining physical fitness only being part time reserves. Most enjoyable is being about to travel and the discounts and benefits of being a soldier and serving our country feels like you're giving back to the community and country. It also not only paid for my college but paid me to be in college.
Pros
1 weekend a month, 2 weeks in the summer, great pay, benefits, paid for college
Very fun family
Motor Transportation Operator (Current Employee) –  Galva, ILAugust 17, 2017
As a soldier in the guard its what i look forward to, Offer great school benefits, and all my senior enlisted are always there for the soldiers in a time of need.
Wi arng
PRIVATE FIRST CLASS (Former Employee) –  Monroe, WIAugust 17, 2017
I joined during my Junior year of high school, went to basic training the summer between my junior and senior year, came home, dropped out of school, got paid to get my GED and go to my graduation. People were trained for their chosen military occupational specialty.
Military environment
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2017
Really good benefits to help with school. Leadership among the national guard does need a lot of improvement. A family environment in the New Mexico national guard is a great culture piece.
Best decision I've made for myself
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2017
One of the best decisions I've made for my self if I had to do it all over again I would. Learned great skills and experience that most people will never get.
Productive, fun and career opportunities
Mechanic/Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 16, 2017
Initial training can be very stressful as it's very physically and mentally demanding. Once accomplished though it creates a sense of proud satisfaction for being able to do something that most people don't experience. You meet many kinds of people while involved and having the experience together just makes others come closer in perspective.
Pros
Learning respect, new experiences and staying healthy
Cons
Very short free time
National Guard recruiter
E-6/ Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 16, 2017
Recruiting in the army national guard has it pros and cons like any job.

Pros
-Salary
-benefits

Cons
-Poor Management
-Toxic Culture
-Long days

Do not do this job if you're in it just for the money
Great place to work, if.....
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORAugust 16, 2017
You need to find the right unit to work it, otherwise you will not enjoy your time. it always depends on the job that you do also. if you are thinking of joining, make sure you do all the research in the job and unit you are going to
Get out what you put in.
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Camp Blanding, FLAugust 16, 2017
Military service is what one makes of it. With a positive attitude and a desire to excel, a person can do very well in service. Maintaining physical and mental health is an important aspect of one's success.
Job security
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAAugust 16, 2017
Joining the Army National Guard was a great experience. I gained the skills I needed to be successful in the world. I learned how to work well with people from all different backgrounds. The hardest part of my job was not being around family , but the most enjoyable part of my job was making friends that lasted a lifetime. .
What I Think
Signal Support Systems Specialist/Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 16, 2017
It's ok I guess. It's not at all like the active duty life as far as organization and I'm never paid on time. Right now, I'm 3 months behing on drill pay. Other then that everything else is pretty good.
Pros
free lunch, school benefits and health and dental
Cons
Hurry up and wait, unorganized
Good job
Training NCO (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAAugust 16, 2017
Great opportunity to allow you to be a soldier as well as participate in many family events. Great training and experience that can easily be transferred to any work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5