National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,740 reviews matching the search
Good Benefits
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Danville, KYJuly 30, 2016
Quality training, great benefits, and flexible with personal life. Allows for plenty of time to finish a degree, and spent time with family.
Productive environment
Deputy Director of Operations (Current Employee) –  Minden, LAJuly 30, 2016
Working as a Full Time National Guardsman for the past 10 plus years has allowed me to expand my knowledge on management and operations at a fast paced, high operational tempo level.
slave work
Dining Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Bluffdale, UTJuly 29, 2016
the dinning facility manager is quite full of him self udy. the National guard is great, but the person they allow to run it is just pure criminal.
Best Job I ever had
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Camp Atterbury, INJuly 29, 2016
Learned useful life skills and formed life long friendships with fellow soldiers. Was in the best shape of my life and always got to do fun and interesting things like setting claymore mines and throwing grenades.
Pros
Camaraderie
Cons
Standing in formation
Im pretty new so i dont really know much about my unit
Quartermaster School as a Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Euclid, OHJuly 28, 2016
National Guard is what you make it. Its the best of both worlds. I am now a one percenter and i love that not everyone can say they went through what i went through. the army is truly not for everyone.
Endless choices to become something great!
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAJuly 28, 2016
It was a wonderful experience and I enjoyed being a part of the National Guard and serving my country. I would recommend anyone interested in joining to speak to a recruiter and give it a chance. You would have so many opportunities to advance your career and your education.
Pros
learning new things daily
Cons
away from family
Great learning environment.
Health Care Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXJuly 28, 2016
Training is limitless. What you have a desire to learn, You are capable and encouraged to go the distance. There are challenges but no one can stop the process but you. Hardest part is dealing with the challenges as the come while trying to further your education.
Great expirence and career advancement
EOD TECH (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIJuly 28, 2016
Ever since transferring from a Combat Engineer to the EOD community I've enjoyed my time much more. I've learned valuable skills I'll be able to use throughout my life. Every job has people who you do not get along with, that's life, but certain organizations have better ways of dealing with the issue, such as the Guard.
Just loved being a soldier
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 27, 2016
91B wheeled mechanic. Took orders from higher ranks, cleaned, work as a team, in fast-pace environments. Worked on light wheeled vehicles. Have to do physical fitness every morning. Study and sit in meetings.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
harrasment
The Adventure of my Life
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 27, 2016
My career in the National Guard has made me the person i am today. My daily tasks consist of training soldiers, delegating tasks, critically thinking, and managing time. The hardest part of the job is the deployments, although, i do enjoy the experience i gain from them.
Pros
Life Long Skills learned. Benefits. Stability
Cons
Deployments
Texas Army National Guard
Network Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
A great place to work and to build character. The communications field is a great field to work in to transfer to the civilian environment. You meet many new people from all walks of life.
Make it a career
READINESS NCO (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 26, 2016
Readiness NCO/Detachment Sergeant. Was in charge of 25 Soldiers maintained records, pay and training. Duty hours were 8-4:30 on a typical day in the office.
Proud Veteran
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed every bit of my service to my country. I have gained ample amount of knowledge about communications. I loved every soldier i served with. The hardest part of the job was being away from home on deployments.
Pros
Served my country
Cons
constant loss of paperwork and sensitive information
Its good training experiance
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 26, 2016
Work with different types of communication equipment.

I was able to train other soldiers in the equipment for use over seas.
Pros
Good pay and training
Cons
Blance between home life and work life was hard
Not what i expected
91M Bradley Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 26, 2016
Was not taught a majority of the material during my schooling, a typical day is mainly spent helping the infantry PMCS their vehicles and then waiting for something to break on one of the vehicles, long days and short nights.
Na
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 25, 2016
assisting others, hardiest part of the this job is not being actively engaged during the work day, enjoy traveling at times,
Pros
traveling, pay
Cons
not being active engaged at all times
Intense and very good training
Bridge crew Member (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 25, 2016
The army national guard is gives you amazing training to prepare you for your job in the military as well as giving you confidence and a little extra preparation in your civilian life. Each day you train your either working on your job in the military or you hone your soldier tasks and skills. The best part about the national guard is working with all the other soldiers in your unit as a team and going through every obstacle together as a team.
Driver of all motor vehicles
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 25, 2016
I have been working for the Iowa Army National Guard since 2008 and have loved every moment of it. Hard-working and dedication follow into my civilian jobs through military training and experience. The skills I have learned here have helped out and my civilian life style and truly changed me to who I am today
Army National Guard
Ammunition Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 25, 2016
This job was very rewarding. I worked with 37 States and US Territories. I was responsible for 47 Ammunition Storage sites and worked very close with the US Army, G4, Logistics.
Pros
Great people minded
Cons
Had to live in the DC area.
hardwork
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 25, 2016
Texas Army Nation Guard is great for students that want to go to college. They help pay for college and have other incentives with enlisting. The job is hard but its well worth the work.

4.5