National Guard
3,079 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Active, Physically Demanding, Team Oriented
United States Army (Current Employee), Hingham, MAOctober 28, 2014
- Attend weekend drills and annual trainings
- Discipline and teamwork stressed
- One team one fight
productive workplace
Supply Specialist/Military Police Sergeant (Current Employee), Clyde, NCOctober 28, 2014
Worked diligently and there was a lot to accomplish whenever there was drill. Made for an overwhelming environment
Good work experience and environment.
utilities equipment repairer (Former Employee), Springfield, ILOctober 28, 2014
Pros: pride in the uniform.
Cons: non organized at times.
The national guard is a great place to build work and life experience. It is also a great chance to work as a part of a team.
good job
Sergeant (Current Employee), INOctober 28, 2014
great job
career orientated
family environment
fun job
enjoyable to show up to
Maintaining discipline for self and other, motivating, some down time, hard work
Transportation Specialist (Former Employee), Windsor Locks, CTOctober 28, 2014
Pros: discipline, motivation, helping others, leadership, family away from family
Cons: takes time away from family and friends.
The structure of the military, not a 9-5, in or out of uniform you are a soldier, a representation of our country. The hardest part is the challenge, but it is also what I love about being in the service. No one day is the same. It's a team effort, everyone has to work equally hard, regardless of the description/job title/rank.
great way to makfriends and help the usa
medical lab tech (Former Employee), Newport, DEOctober 28, 2014
Pros: travel and commadarie
Cons: being away from family occassionally
best part time job in america saw alot i would not have seen in a regular job setting
Go Guard
WO1, Engineer Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 27, 2014
Opening up new doors and possibilities for those trying to survive in a tough economy. The Guard provides new opportunities for those with minimal education and provides training in skills that are in high demand.
Dick's Sporting Goods employee
Team Leader (Current Employee), Lawrence, KSOctober 27, 2014
• Process paperwork for purchasing orders.
• Assemble equipment for display or customers.
• Help answer customers questions.
mixed feelings
Soldier (Former Employee), Camp Murray, WAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: teamwork and comradery
Cons: get shot at
I had a great time while I served for the most part, but when it came to getting promoted unless you were in the "cool guy club" you got passed over. It was all about being in the click.
Great experience
25U SIGNAL SUPPORT SYSTEM SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Bangor ME 04401October 24, 2014
At work I do training on my job and do technical support. My management was great they promoted excellence and my coworkers were more than ready to help if help was needed. The hardest part of my job was is knowing that i could possibly die doing it and the most enjoyable part is i love what i do
Multitasking and challenging environment
88M Sergeant (E5)-Heavy Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Thomasville, GeorgiaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: friends, training, money, rank structure, and benefits.
Cons: time consuming, away from family, food, breaks, and long hours.
Early morning and late nights of relentless training and missions. Learning to excel in my particular field of operations and become more physically and mentally fit for the missions ahead. Maintain vital equipment and junior soldier's well being for mission readiness. The most difficult task is placing the mission first by any means, and completing – more... the mission through any adversity. The most rewarding and wonderful part of duty is the bond and accomplishment our combat team faces, and coming home. – less
Clerical
Staff Sergeant (E-6) (Current Employee), Remington, INOctober 23, 2014
It was a high Pace job! I loved how I was always busy. Answering phone calls and transferring them to proper departments. As i answer phone calls i would also have to task out work for the employees on the floor. It was a Uniform company so there was always orders coming in!
i love the service i do for my country
job 92 Gulf food service specialist (Current Employee), Washington, DCOctober 23, 2014
I love the service I do for my country. A typical day consists of me and my fellow battle buddies prepping and preparing three hot meals for the rest of my unit. I have learned that through teamwork anything is possible with the guidance of my NCOIC and six of my fellows battles we created a meal for 1100 soldiers this was both our hardest and most – more... enjoyable experience – less
Xerox
92 Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Bryan,TXOctober 23, 2014
Worst job I ever experienced in my life.Very unorganized and very stressful.
92Y
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee), Sandston, VAOctober 22, 2014
Working with the United States Army national guard was a great experience for me. A typical day of work consisted of physical training & hand on training.
Productive and fun place to work.
First Sergeant, Company C (Current Employee), Oxford, MSOctober 22, 2014
Pros: retirment, insurance.
Cons: travel.
The National Guard is a fun and challenging place to have a career, with over 400 different jobs to choose from. Insurance and retirement befits are very good.
Amazing.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXOctober 22, 2014
National Guard is a great way to go. They have an amazing amount of benefits and they are very organized.
Lots to learn
92W (Former Employee), Quincy, FLOctober 22, 2014
Very good if you plan on going to school. Which i highly recommend.
Normal Army life
Technical Inspector (Former Employee), Fort Lewis WAOctober 21, 2014
Normal Army life. WOrked on Blackhawk Helicopters. Work on Physical fitness. Performed annual duties. Qualified and multiple ranges.
Working for the National Guard has been great. I have had many opportunities to gain experience that translate into diverse backgrounds.
Personnel Strategy Officer - Appeals and Analysis (Current Employee), Arlington, VAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: physical fitness is a priority, work with people from different backgrounds, cultures and lifestyles
Cons: commuting
I really enjoy working for the National Guard. I have been given many opportunities. I have learned how to build a team and work within a team. The hardest part of my day is the commute to work. Once i'm in the building i'm good. I really look forward to getting to work and being with the TEAM.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more