National Guard
2,710 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

A learning and productive environment that's full of opportunity.
Metal Worker (Current Employee), Jackson,MSJuly 29, 2014
Pros: co-workers, free food, pay
A work day varies from different duties which consist of motor maintenance, welding, cleaning, kitchen duties, to anything that need to be accomplish for that day. I learned to work as a team and improvise in situations. Organize and good management is a lifestyle the National Guard live by. Co-workers and myself are always motivated and make the best – more... out of a work day. There weren't any hardships to face while working and everything from the people to the work was enjoyable. – less
GREAT
Team Leader (Former Employee), fort wayne indianaJuly 29, 2014
being in the military was the best thing that ever happened to me. the experience i gained has helped me with tons of obstacles i have had to overcome
the lessons and experience the guard as gave me is one of a kind
Non-commissioned officer (Current Employee), Springfield, OHJuly 29, 2014
A typical day in my current job is doing inventory checks, writing job orders, assigning job to my team, doing data entry.
enjoyable time
92A Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 29, 2014
made many new friends there. enjoyed my job here. loved getting away for the weekend, wish I could have stayed. glad I got out when I did. loved my unit, especially the people there. so many great smiling faces to see once a month and two weeks in the summer.
Promotion from within
Analyst (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 28, 2014
While the organization is replete with the frustrating bureaucratic tendencies of any governmental agency, there exist many opportunities for advancement from within.
Different Training
12B Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Fort Mill, SCJuly 28, 2014
During a typical day in the Guard you learning material pertaining to your job which is Combat Engineer. I have a great support of leadership in my platoon. There aren't no hard tasks during this process. The most enjoyable part of the job are the training part of it.
I love being a Soldier
Automated Logistic Specialist (92A) (Current Employee), SpringfieldJuly 28, 2014
Pros: your someones hero
This is something I would recommend to anyone and everyone.
GCIC/CJIS Operator
Provost Marshals Office GCIC/CJIS Operator/TAC (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJuly 28, 2014
A typical day of work is 40 background checks or better, 30 credit checks, Mailrun twice. About 20 tag and registration checks. 10 Memos or better. Dont have many coworkers mostly staff under me or over me. Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference.
Military
Okay to contact this Supervisor (Current Employee), Richmond, MOJuly 28, 2014
Good company with great benefits. some of the other ppl in the guar are rude and self centered but overall it easy going guys that get along with one another
Meet a mixture of people
Cable Systems Installer (Current Employee), Florida StateJuly 27, 2014
Pros: not like active duty
Cons: leaving my daughter is the hardest part of it all
I enjoy being in the Army National Guard. It's a one weekend two weeks out of the year kind of job not including the random orders we get put on from time to time but at least I can come home to my family at the end of the day.
A Day at Work
Automated Logistical Supply (Former Employee), Fort BenningJuly 27, 2014
Pros: challenging, motivational and sefless
Cons: not user friendly for some individuals, system failure, and updates
The first thing I do when I go to work is run all my daily reports. Once that is completed i identify all orders to be place are in my system. Then I make sure that my unit has everything they need to complete any mission that stumbles upon them. Later on throughout my day, I may have items to turn-in or items that need to be picked up. I make sure – more... there aren't any discrepancies at the end of the day. I learned something new every time there is was any errors within the systems that we use. My co-workers and I make great use of a very simple motto "teamwork". If everyone is on the same sheet of music work is accomplished effortlessly. I don't think there is any hard part of my job. To say the least I'm not a happy camper when the system is down. At the end of my day, I make sure I run all my reports for the afternoon. I close my by closing and backing the system. The best part of my job is leaving my NCO with everything he needs to know of our daily activities. – less
long days out in the woods
OpFor manager (Former Employee), Fort McCoy, WIJuly 26, 2014
Pros: really good pay
Cons: outside
it was fun to learn battle situations and work long days and take a nap in between rotations. you could work as long as you want
N/A
MECHANIC (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I would enlist again just to travel and meet new people. Very interesting work
Productive Fuel SGT
Rank-SGT 92F (Current Employee), Eastover, SCJuly 25, 2014
On a typical weekend I would make sure all vehicles are topped off to be prepared for mission.
MN Natl Guard
Finance/Accting Specialist, 1st Cook, Admin (Former Employee), Roseville, MNJuly 25, 2014
Pros: new experiences, travel
As a Finance and Accounting Specialist I learned about the Federal Accounting System, traveled to Germany, resolved troops' pay issues. As 1st Cook, I supervised meal preparations. As Administrative assistant, I supported the unit leadership.
Life as a Armor Crewman
(19K) M1 Armor Crewman (Current Employee), Cleveland, MSJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at work consist of physical training, weapons training, in classroom training, combative training. I learned a lot to do with combat, weapons, medical emergency, search and detain. My coworkers are my fellow soldiers. The Hardest part of the job is getting up early and doing maintenance on weapons.
The most enjoyable is being around your – more... battle buddies and knowing your serving your state and country at the same time. – less
They say they care but don't
Mechanic (Former Employee), Las VegasJuly 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: didn't really get to do my actual job.
The work while I was healthy was alright. Being there only 2 days out of the months at times 3 the hours were long. I learned how to be a first responder in case of emergency on the battle field the Guard really did not focus so much on my MOS. To be honest the management was cruel,I had broken my spine had been given orders from my surgeon about what – more... I could do and could not the 1st Sergeant ordered me back to duty before the surgeon could even see me. The hardest part was leaving for two weeks out of the year to go and train in California. Enjoyed my buddies there in the Guard the really did care. – less
Experience of a lifettime
Signal Support System Specialist (25U) (Current Employee), Kalaeloa, HawaiiJuly 24, 2014
A place that will bring out the best and greatest potential in you as a soldier.
Great work enviroment
Medical Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), rhode islandJuly 22, 2014
It is the most rewarding job just knowing that you are serving your country i just loved the interaction with people from all over.
good
92A Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Lobelville, TNJuly 22, 2014
Pros: i like the people i work with
Cons: only 2 days a month
I love working with this company everybody is so nice and easy to get along with and the work is very good and fun

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more