National Guard
3,767 reviews

National Guard United States Employee Reviews

great work experience
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Marana, AZApril 27, 2015
loved every minute of it! I was follower and was molded into a leader in the military and civilian life. I was trained and helped train soldiers and helped with the community. loyalty duty respect selfless service honor integrity personal courage is my priority in life.
Fair and Fun environment
Military Police (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2015
I love working in the Army National Guard. It is fair and rewards those who do well and punishes those who do not. Very good pay and management is always on an improvement mentality.
Best Job I've Ever Had
89B Ammunition Specialist, Sergeant (Current Employee), Little Falls, MNApril 26, 2015
Pros: Career advancement, job duties
Cons: Lack of stability
The National Guard has been the best employer I have ever had. The principles which the Guard stands for, the opportunities made available to the soldiers, and the other soldiers I would work with are some of the best people I have ever known. My only real issue with the Guard is the lack of stability in your personal life.
Great way to serve the community
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2015
Great place to serve the community and help with the war on drugs. Helped a lot of people to help themselves. Hardest part of the job was seeing the impact of drugs on families. I enjoyed the job because it was fast paced and exciting.
Awesome Career Opportunities
Recruiter Nominee (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNApril 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of Opportunities
Cons: Time away from Familly
The Tennessee Army National Guard is an awesome job that makes career advancement possible and offers so many benefits and opportunites. They offer 100% Tuition Assistance, The Montgomery G.I Bill, and so much more.
A learning experience
Warrant Officer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 24, 2015
It was quite an adventure. But being in the service taught me the importance and value of team work and how to be a leader. The hardest part of the job was the rigorous training at boot camp.
be an officer finish college or trade school
Active Guard Reserve (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: just like corporate America now, get your own 401k and exit plan
retired, at a high price. My youth could have been spent finishing my education. Let go before I got twenty active years, despite a recommendation for a med board due to reduction in force. Don't believe this is how you will treated if u don't have the hookup, just search good ole boy network and national guard.

hours can be long if your a supply sergeant
or activated.

Pay was good, above market rate for civilian counterparts education level required

I learned valid complaints dissappear into a hole unless it gets on the news

management like any other company, getting their golden parachutes ready for near total disability ratings and running own private companies on the side to get pork barrel contracts

coworkers can hang out for life if deployed together, or hang out if h freezes over
Sense of Urgency
Carpentry/ Masonry Specialist (Former Employee), Chippewa Fals, Richland CenterApril 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Strict Schedule
General heavy carpentry, structural steel, and masonry duties that include the fabrication, maintenance, and repair of rigging devices, trusses, and other structural assemblies.

Assisted in building layout, framing, sheathing, and roofing structures, as well as constructing concrete form work for slabs, walls, and columns.

Operated table and circular saws, bobcat, chainsaw, drills, and fork lift.

Operated leaf blowers, spin and hedge trimmers, zero-turn and walk-behind tractors, backhoe, and company vehicles.
Great job
Instructor Pilot (Current Employee), Buzzards Bay, MAApril 23, 2015
I currently fly the UH-60 Black Hawk. I also run the Transportable Black Hawk Operations Simulator. I have learned a lot about aviation and the people I fly with throughout my time, not only as an instructor pilot, but as a pilot. The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to teach and instruct other pilots and other crew members.
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee), Lafayette, INApril 23, 2015
They helped me get into the guard and pursue a great career. With their guidance and extra help I was able to graduate my schooling as honor graduate and return home with confidence to begin my career.
Very structured
Machine Operator - Bobcat (Former Employee), Carson City, NVApril 22, 2015
Has a great physical fitness program, food was good other then that I truly dont want to return.. I operated equipment and maintained the grounds.
good experince
Military Police (Current Employee), Corunna, MIApril 22, 2015
Good experience if you deploy. if not its a lot of useless training that doesn't get you very far, until you reach a higher rank
A great way to serve
Medical Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2015
The Army National Guard is a great way to serve and give back to the community. I loved every moment of it and made some great friends along the way.
great work environment
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), fort worth, TXApril 22, 2015
i learned that everyone is different put your work face on and take it slow. Be sure to get the job done in a timely manner. The US army is awesome and very well known its pretty self explanatory
Job
Firefighter (Current Employee), ColoradoApril 22, 2015
Great Place to serve your country and to be a regular joe. Wouldn't trade it for anything.Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
•Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
•Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
•Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
•Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
•Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
•Provides information by completing reports.
•Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
•Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
CBRN Specialist/ Assistant Squad Leader (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
I learn to be a leader and protect people at the same time. I specialize in CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear) weapon and get to utilize my skills in the civilian life as well
Very Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 21, 2015
I love the people I worked closely with.
Learned a lot about myself and others.
Had to take some time off to spend with my children.
Fun family Enviornment
Air Conditioning Mechanic and Installer (Current Employee), Starke, FLApril 21, 2015
this has been the best time of my life. i have had the opportunity to defend my country and make my family proud. i would recommend that everyone over 18 join the Guard.
army nat guard
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 21, 2015
it was ok. we would shoot guns every now and then. got to drive HMMWV around all the time. they are hot and loud. it gets better the longer you stay in
A professional orgaization
Master Gunner/Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Crookston, MNApril 21, 2015
I have enjoyed all my days with the MN National Guard. I have been in almost 19 years now, deployed three times and held many different positions.

During my time with military I have learned that teamwork is the key to getting our duties done. In the military we work extremely well as a team at all levels.

I think that during my time in the military I have been blessed with great leadership, I have been able to move up and now hope that I am considered one of those great leaders.

I can't say enough good things about the MN Army National Guard.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries