National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 10,033 reviews matching the search
Productive work environment
Principal advisor to the battalion commander (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 15, 2017
Productive work environment. We are soldiers first with discipline and motivation to get through the work day as enthusiastically and proficiently as possible. Great work environment. I have learned a lot about self development, self discipline, and self motivation.
Productive and fun work place
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Barling, ARAugust 15, 2017
Its fun working with other soldiers.We have daily tasks assignments that we carry out.The more efficient we are the sooner we can have our final formation.Its only 2-4 days a month except for Annual Training with is usually in May and last 2 weeks.
Pros
free food
Cons
long work day
Wouldn't Take it Back
Specialist 88M (Former Employee) –  Richmond, KYAugust 15, 2017
Typical work day is chaotic no one really know what going on.
I grew a lot professional and being able to maintain composer durning high stress.
information always broke down from top to bottom.
culture was rough
hardest part was trying to stay busy while being productive (a lot of busy work that never amounted to anything)
Pros
They treat you like family when things get rough
Cons
The entire team gets punished when things go wrong.
Not for everyone, but great for those few.
IT Systems Manager/Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Mattydale, NYAugust 15, 2017
The National Guard provides exceptional training to those that seek it out, and have helped to develop me into the man that I am today. I would have a vastly different life, and not for the better.
Pros
Training, Certifications
Cons
Sophmoric Leaders
Great Family
Battalion Operations Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 15, 2017
While the National Guard is trending towards a less flexible OPTEMPO, the comradery, training, and leadership make the challenging balance worth it...
A great starter career, some many different job choices
19D Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Salem, WVAugust 15, 2017
Joining the National Guard is a great starter career. They will train you to be he best and they have amazing benefits. Your college is paid for and you also get paid to go to college. Having military experience on your resume is a huge benefit. Alot of agencies hire prior service members because they know how disciplined and acountable they can be.
Pros
Great Benefits, alot of great training, get to see the world, paid college
Cons
Possibly being deployed, away from family, Danger risk
Military
Petroleum Specialist-Fueler (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 14, 2017
It has its up and down I have met a lot of good people, people I consider family if I could I would do it at a younger age. It makes you a better person at the end.
I have enjoyed serving my country
Healthcare Specialist/ Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARAugust 14, 2017
This is a great opportunity for anyone who loves this country. Each day you can wake up with a sense of pride knowing that you serve the greatest nation on earth.
Challenging environment and great co-workers.
Spanish/Arabic Cryptologic Linguist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 14, 2017
I love being a member of the Utah Army National Guard and how much discipline and responsibility it has instilled into my daily life. I constantly find myself motivated to better myself and others around me to be the best.
Advancement only through who you know.
Logistics/Supply Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2017
Very political, Advancement only through dating within the CoC. Senior leadership promoted only if personally approved. Junior NCOs not allowed to attend schools only E8 above. National Guard the worst in professional conduct.
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNAugust 14, 2017
Take pride in national security and you will excel in any branch of the military. It is of vital importance that you have a passion and liking for what you are doing or it will be a strain and you will not see the potential in the position.
Its the Military
Healthcare Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 14, 2017
You do your one weekend a month and two weeks out of the year and if not then you are deployed. Nothing fancy. Nice way to get extra money and be a military member. Just ask anyone, you will get a lot of experience and learn a lot. It will help you grow as a person for sure but it is not for everyone.
Life changing
Specialist, Alpha Battery (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSAugust 14, 2017
I joined the National Guard because I wanted to do something with my life and it was a good experience, I went through Basic Training, AIT and got deployed all in the same year.
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 14, 2017
Being in the national guard was an excellent choice for me, a typical day would be PT in the morning, then working in supply throughout the day. The most enjoyable part is when i got deployed and was able to experience a different country and another way of living.
Corporatization of the Military will be its downfall
Officer (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 14, 2017
Every year spend with the military it becomes less about camaraderie, and more about mandatory training that has no purpose, cronyism, and senior officer pet projects.
Terrible
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 14, 2017
Joining the National Guard was a great but bad decision because it did not give me the chances to spread my ability of work knowledge and show my growth. It wasn't beneficial in getting or helping me build connections to further my career after the military.
Military Service
68w10 Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAAugust 13, 2017
I spent 2 years away from my family when you combine the training and one deployment. But the benefits out way the costs. I would recommend Military Service to anyone.
made a leader out of me
Manpads crew member (Former Employee) –  Spring City, PAAugust 13, 2017
I served 12 yrs. I enjoyed the challenge and the fellowship of my fellow soldiers. But all good things must come to an end. The military gave me the basic foundation of leadership and understanding to succeed in life.
National Gaurd
Fire Support NCO (Current Employee) –  MissouriAugust 13, 2017
The National Guard has afforded me many opportunities to excel in many areas to include education, leadership, management, synergy, delegation, teamwork and drive.
great place to work
Human Resources Assistant Orders, ADOS (Current Employee) –  Barrigada, GUAugust 13, 2017
GUARNG is a great place to work although I am temporary I hope to find a career within the organization. I had the opportunity to work as an ADOS personnel working within in supply and the HR division

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5