National Guard
3,161 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Great Place to work at
Forward Area Air Defense Engagement Operator (Current Employee), Washington, DCNovember 20, 2014
If you want to become more educated, and broaden your knowledge, while getting school paid for. Join the SC Army national Guard
It's not for everyone.
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches, travel
Cons: unprofessional leadership
If you are on the pt failure program, you have show up at least an hour early for pt before first formation which can vary between ten minutes to a half-hour. After formation, the platoon sergeant will typically have the platoon in formation for an extra few minutes to discuss what he or she has to tell us ( duty assignments, inventory, vehicle maintenance, – more... training, etc.). The rest of the day typically includes noncommissioned officers disrespecting junior enlisted soldiers, clean up duties, etc. The co-workers are from all different types of backgrounds in terms of socio-economic backgrounds, various professions, various degrees of education, etc. Management is not typically the same as it varies from company to company. The management from my company did seem rather unorganized and not entirely professional while displaying heavy favoritism towards other platoons and their leaders. – less
Constant interaction with COCOMs
Program Manager (Former Employee), Arlington VANovember 20, 2014
Hard to get leave to go back home due to long hours.

Always many meetings and working groups to attend.
productive and fun workplace
Private first class (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch, course, and meet great people
Cons: dress code is a must no inceptions
its a great organization to meet new people and learn new things. the most enjoyable part of the job is field training and weapons training. a typical day at work would be being at the right place, at the right time, wearing the right uniform.
Great place to work and team players
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Jackson, LANovember 19, 2014
Fun and exciting to be around people who you know will go above and beyond to assist you with anything and everything. I have learn a lot of things in the army and to cope and survive at any cost. I missed and loved majority of the people I have worked with and came in contact with.
Rewarding experience defending constitution.
Armored Tank Crewman (Former Employee), Parkton, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: travel, benefits and educational benefits
Cons: deployments, safety.
I learned what it means to be part of a team and work in unison with others regardless of surface differences. I learned how to react accordingly to most situations and set myself up for success.
Military service
Military Police (Current Employee), Sheridan, ILNovember 18, 2014
Hard job with great rewards, great management and great culture. Plenty of learning and travel opportunities.
Great experience
Military Police Team Leader (Former Employee), Cheboygan, MINovember 18, 2014
Amazing experience and words are hard to describe. I only served 6 years but wouldn't change it for anything.
Hard Work Required but Great Benefits
11B - Infantryman (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: benefits and unique experiences.
- Enjoyable and exciting.
- Unique experiences.
- Hard work required.
- Benefits and pride outweigh the cost.
Requires Emmense Energy
Lieutenant Platoon Leader (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: active environment
Cons: n/a
Currently, my position as an Army officer my workload is demanding, varied and includes research, writing reports and supervising live military operations. This role allowed me to develop my research, analytical and problem-solving skills as well as my knowledge of the armed forces. I have been able to practice and develop my leadership skills as I – more... am often called upon to monitor large spectrum operations. Working in an officer capacity has also given me the opportunity to work autonomously on more complex task, and was able to foster successful working relationships with colleagues and victims of disasters and emergency responders.

I have also developed my practical interpersonal skills as I was chosen to complete the Master Resiliency Trainer course earlier this year. Which improves soldier readiness and I am currently the primary training official in my unit of assignment. In addition to increasing my understanding of comprehensive issues affecting ordinary people, I have also recently completed the U.S. Department of Homeland Security FEMA Emergency Management Institute independent study introduction course for the incident Command System for Law Enforcement. This experience, among others has reinforced my dedication to professional and equitable stability representation for all. – less
Short time, new experience.
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Barrigada, Guam 96928November 17, 2014
Pros: training was fun
Cons: no comment
Great learning experience, training was fun and you meet different people from all aspects of life.
Hard owrking and fun.
Utility Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), South CarolinaNovember 17, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Cons: long days and deployments
I supervise 10 soldiers in troubleshooting and repairs to various different types of HVAC/R systems from small automobile AC to large chillers and ship board containers. I have learned to be flexible in with others working that they may take longer to do the job that would take me less time. I really enjoy teaching solders things that I know about HVAC/R.
fun, profetional
92w Water Treatment Specialist Rank SPC (Current Employee), juana diaz/ puerto ricoNovember 17, 2014
Its a very interesting job, nice coworkers and lots of things to do and learn every day. Different task and missions to complete and be done its a very good job.
Excellent work environment.
Company commander. (Current Employee), Fort Pickett, Blackstone, VANovember 17, 2014
Pros: professional people and great working environment.
A typical day at work involves morning formation followed by a staff meeting. SAR training missions are planned and executed, followed by debriefing and filing an AAR. As the company commander, my fellow officers are highly trained and quite efficient at their job responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is the continuing FEMA courses required – more... to pass as the are redundant, just reworded. The most enjoyable part is serving out country. – less
Detailed and organized
TARGETING OFFICER (Current Employee), KUWAITNovember 17, 2014
Daily review mission and target sets, manage soldiers, update data and format to provide information to commander and supporting staff officers.
Military Service
Forward Observer Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARNovember 16, 2014
A typical day was extremely rewarding.
I learned how to manage troops and equipment.
My leader ship was among some of the best still great friends with them and they provide invaluable mentor ship.
My co workers work hard as a team to get the job done no mater what are where it was.
There was a lot of rough stuff that you just dealt with.
Getting to – more... serve my Country here and over seas – less
The US Army / Army National Guard is a great organization
Aviation Officer (Former Employee), San Juan, PRNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits and individual education and training opportunities.
Cons: must make "take care of the soldier" its main mission, now that the war is coming to an end.
Overall and outstanding organization, but must do better in taking care its ALL its soldiers. NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND.
Interesting day each day. You'll never know whats to come
Petroleum Supply (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 16, 2014
Pros: great benifits
You learn to shoot, move and communicate. And the Management is very strict about getting things done on time, which is awesome because the day goes by so quick. Everyone that's there do what needs to get done so we can get our breaks like we always do. Supervising is great because you learn how to manage and deal with problems that you'll be facing – more... in the real world. The enjoyable time there is having a party and being with your brothers and sisters in AMRS! – less
Great Job
Combat Engineer (Former Employee), Gastonia, NCNovember 15, 2014
Great experience with the Guard. Was able to learn several different job skills with on the job training. Benefits are great
enjoyed every bit of my time in the national guard
Aviation Electronics Technician (Current Employee), Warrensburg, MONovember 14, 2014
Pros: becoming part of a great heritage and family
Cons: takes away from family some time
i do what ever my leaders tell me to do and do my best to accomplish my mission

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more