National Guard
2,358 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

military
Infantryman/ Rifleman (Current Employee), VirginiaApril 17, 2014
Military, weekend duty. Two weeks annual training.Military, weekend duty. Two weeks annual training.Military, weekend duty. Two weeks annual training.Military, weekend duty. Two weeks annual training.Military, weekend duty. Two weeks annual training.
Good part time work
12B Combat Engineer, PFC (Former Employee), WashingtonApril 17, 2014
Pros: healthcare, serving country, training, schooling
Cons: bct areas - extreme weather
Good part time work, and pay for schooling, great way to serve the country for those not looking to join the active duty army. Don't go to Fort Leonard Wood during the winter time - very cold.
Rewarding
Infatryman (Current Employee), Waynesburg, PAApril 16, 2014
Pros: benefits, rewarding, great experience
Cons: not enough training
The army national guard has been nothing but an enjoyable experience this far. A typical weekend at drill is random, my chain of command are all great leaders and want each of their soldiers to be successful. My co-workers are like brothers we all look out for one another. The hardest part of the job is not receiving enough training. The most enjoyable – more... part of the job is knowing that I do what most people dream of, and I am apart of America's primary defense. Also knowing that i will possibly save a live one day amazes me. – less
Not eveyone can do it
Combat Engineer Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Ottumwa, IAApril 16, 2014
Looking for a challange, join. Might be slow for some for advancement, other that care will strive.
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 16, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: breaks
Love to work here. Its an awesome place to be. The energy and the motivation for people to come to work happy and want to work is good to see.
Best job
Food Service Worker (Current Employee), Haines City, FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: once per month
Cons: critical schedule
I have learned a lot in the national guard, weapons, physical training, and many other thing we do in the national guard, opportunities.
Productive and great experience
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Mobile, ALApril 16, 2014
Pros: cooked on a daily basis did not have to spend much money
Cons: long hours
As a SGT in the United States Army I love helping and working with other great soldiers. Learning and developing a great workspace and environment helped us build a great company.
Private First Class
Private First Class (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2014
Was a member of the 278th Army Calvary Unit in Knoxville, Tn. I was stationed in Fort Knox, Ky for my basic training. I participated in leadership classes and military training classes.
Very Productive
Infantryman (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 15, 2014
Pros: brotherly bonds
Cons: fighting in our time of comradery
A typical day at work is always at work's peak. I learned how to maintain focus, and a clear conscience. To be selfless and mindful of my peers to my left and right. The management is awesome. My chain of command is very professional and in contact with the lower enlisted. The hardest part of the day is the down part of the day. In the infantry, down – more... time is just time to sit and talk and play games. I believe in hard work from clock in to clock out. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with my Battle buddies and having an understanding that we all want to go home at the end of the day. We all have families and understand that we are all one big family. To be able to enjoy the people I work with. – less
Challenging environment with reward
Administration Non Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2014
Talk to a recruiter to see all the different jobs the Army National Guard offers.
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) / Unit Supply Specialist (92Y)
Auto Logistical Spec(92A) Unit Supply Spec(92Y) (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKApril 15, 2014
With my ETS scheduled on 14 March 2014, I will be transferring to the National Guard and reclassified as 92Y. I am HHB 1/158 FA in Oklahoma National Guard unit ready for any work.
Fun place to work. Everyone works well with each other
Driver (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: military life
Cons: can deploy at any time. but thats what is expected and what we train for
A Typical weekend of Training is great. Its just like the regular, active Army. We show up and train, train, train. The people there are great, lead well and can follow orders like no others. Everyone is very well disciplined and we all honor and respect one another. Chain of command is a big thing and every rule is followed.
Positive and professional environment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 14, 2014
Everyday here creates a new challenge. I constantly learn new skills and grow as an individual while working with one of the most professional and qualified teams the United States has to offer.
n/a
UNIT SUPPLY SERGEANT (Current Employee), Casper, WyomingApril 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job is being away from family. This also gives you valuable skills that you can use in life and gives you great training.
Military
Medical Specialist (Former Employee), San BernardinoApril 14, 2014
Pros: service
Cons: training
working for the CA National Guard will allow you work on state and federal level of military service.
Productive place with excellent training for advancement
SPC Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Ledge, MIApril 14, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Typical day i deal with pilots and their paperwork to make sure they can fly. What ive learned is how to file proper paperwork to make sure the flights are approved, how to track the helicopters, how to talk to the pilots on the radio. The management is great, they train me and help me when needed. The coworkers are great as well, they are there to – more... assist and help keep everything running smooth and have fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of multiple helicopters when you get an adequate amount out flying. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to serve my county and assist in pilots training for when it is time to go to war. – less
Structured, friendly work environment
Signal Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 13, 2014
The military has made me what I am today. The work ethic, the discipline have shaped my professional life. Anyone who enlists will have grooming in their vocabulary if it wasn't already, instill, at best, basic exercise habits and encourage a demeanor that reverberates positively.
Selfless Service
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Slidell, LAApril 12, 2014
Pros: rewarding job, great co-workers and constant atmosphere of motivation
Cons: false alarms, long hours, limited rank as a medic.
Proactive approach to the health and well being of soldiers in garrison and battlefield settings. Administer medications, treat injuries and boost morale of troops.
Great way to give back to my country
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee), NVApril 11, 2014
Pros: it will always be there for me
Cons: deployments
I love being in the national guard. The medicine of the flight paramedic program is great and fun to be a part of.
Rewarding and Highly Informative
G4 Surface Maintenance Management Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: time sacrfice
As a company commander, I delegect, plan, and mentor. I learned to lead as well as follow within the countries greatest institution, the US Army.

Hardest part of my job is inspiring personnel to do something they regularly wouldn't want to do, to accomplish a mission that otherwise wouldn't be done.

Most enjoyable part is having a Soldier happy they – more... learned and executed a project. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more