National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 4,701 reviews matching the search
Great opportunity to serve your community, state, and county
Satellite Technician/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 5, 2016
For anyone 17 to 42 years of age, it is a great way to serve your community, state, and country. For only 2 weeks a month and a 2 week longer training session a year you will be serving to help out your neighbor protect and defend their freedom and liberties, and serving at times of need. What a great way to help out those you love. Make new friends for a life time. Benefits and adventure is great, and you will develop new skills and talents.
Pros
Adventure
Cons
I cann't think of any
this is the military
Arabic (MSA) Team Leader / Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 5, 2016
N/A this is the military cant get past this page because this box wants me to keep typing stuff in here even though these questions aren't applicable to this entity
Fight For your Freedom
Solider (Current Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 4, 2016
I love the military I plan on making the military a career. The National Guard has done so much for me with school, health, and it makes me proud to be apart of something so big.
Great life skills
Military Police (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 4, 2016
Being in the Army, I have acknowledged the importance of teamwork, adaptability, and time management. The training is hard but once it is completed there is a great deal of respect present. My job is flexible and it allows me to move wherever I want and still do my job. In addition, the Army really pushes me for physical excellence.
Pros
Health benefits, college benefits, training, and flexibility.
Cons
Disrespectful environment
Love the Army National Guard
Combat Engineer, OEF Veteran (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ARFebruary 4, 2016
Great opportunity. Great benefits. Proud to serve with my brothers and sister in Afghanistan. Leaned a lot and my family was taken care of.
Very productive and busy technical school.
Radar Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKFebruary 3, 2016
I am at school learning about these radars from 8:30 AM to 4:15 PM every day of the week. We troubleshoot radars and read through schematics while we are in class, to learn everything about 4 different radars. These radars are the 36, 37, sentinel and LCMR. This is a technical school and because of it I'm experienced with electronic circuits as well as working with radars.
Pros
Free exercising every morning, a security clearance, free housing and I get paid to go to school instead of the other way around.
Cons
I am away from home for an extended period of time, and some of our rights are taken away as soldiers.
Great if you want to continue to gain experience or money for school
Explosive Ordnance Disposal Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Camp Grayling, MIFebruary 3, 2016
As to be expected, it takes a time sacrifice mostly. I would suggest it if you have a fairly flexible schedule or if you don't have a family. If you have a standard Monday through Friday job, it would be fine too.
Serving my Country
Sr. Lan Manager (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 3, 2016
The National Guard had helped me after active duty to still serve my country and continue to provide benefits for me such as college tuition.
Good inviroment job
Military Police/ Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Scottsboro, ALFebruary 3, 2016
A good place to work if you like the military lifestyle. Work Hard Play Harder. Coworkers turn into family. Supervisors do everything you do.
Pros
Good pay and benefits and great people
Cons
work long hours
the military isnt what it used to be
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 3, 2016
the army definitely isn't what it used to be. there is no discipline in the military anymore. from my experience there were just a bunch of sniveling little kids that were just going to curl up and hide when the bullets start to fly.
Wonderful Experience
CBRN Specialist (Current Employee) –  Camdenton, MOFebruary 3, 2016
Even though I have not deployed yet, it has been a wonderful experience serving this great country. I would do it all over again.
transposition
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNFebruary 2, 2016
My duties included but aren't limited to transporting goods from one location to another. ensuring that all items are delivered to the correct location and undamaged.
Good experience but constantly lying, saying one thing and doing another
former SSG 13 years (Former Employee) –  Indiana, LogansportFebruary 2, 2016
Constantly having to deal with higher up changing their minds on a tremendous constant day to day basis, was really stressful. Was told you would be doing one job ( mos) and have to settle for anther. Just a very confusing world.
Pros
Get to see the country and world
Cons
lying, power trips, low money for the lower enlisted
A Good Career
Computer/Detection Systems Repairer (Current Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNFebruary 1, 2016
The Army requires great commitment but offers better rewards. Sadly most of the bad decisions that affect you happen so far up the chain of command that your commanders have no choice but to implement them.
Pros
GI Bill
Cons
All benefits subject to Congress changes.
Best experience of my life
Petroleum Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 1, 2016
The Army National Guard helped me develop my leadership skills and confidence. I would not trade this experience. I learned to interact with a diverse group of personal with varying educations.
Not Ideal
Communications/IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSFebruary 1, 2016
It was good if you just want to serve your country but have a family at home. Since the benefits are melting away every month you'd better think twice about joining if you're in it for schooling or GI bill.
Pros
Get paid to clean.
Cons
Long drives and little pay.
Hard Work with little down time
Platoon Sergeant/Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Jena, LAFebruary 1, 2016
Good for helping the public with natural disasters, but poor at maintaining good quality soldiers. the Hardest part about the National Guard is cutting through all the red tape to get anything accomplished.
Excellent Work Enviornment
Cavalry Scout- Reconissence (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Learn excellent skills and the meaning of team work. Gain knowledge on Military operations and how to deploy knowledge in real world scenarios. Provides soldier with education benefits that allows the soldier to attend state schools for free.
Highest level of hands on learning
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Its great to learn about leadership, communication, and also teamwork is the biggest advantage about being in the military.
hard
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 31, 2016
you work hard, with minimal sleep, pushes you to your limits. Shifts are long, labor intense work, sometimes not even doing something that you were trained for. People are great to be around and learn many useful and important skills how to cook, work on a car engine etc.
Pros
3 square meals, find out what you are made of
Cons
work you hard

4.5