National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,821 reviews matching the search
Good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2017
Please hire me i need to support my family and one of my kids have cancer i need this job i promise you guys ill to the best i can i just really want to help my kid do you guys know how it feels to see your kid suffering and i cant do anything cuss i don't have money i need this job please for my little boy joe
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short brakes
Army
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
If you want to earn extra money and get help with paying for a degree and you do not mind once a month and possible being gone 2 weeks or longer ever year. Than the National Guard is for you
Many benefits to becoming a stronger individual
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Carthage, ILJuly 19, 2017
The life as a soldier in the Army National Guard can be very difficult to balance. One must stay internally motivated and make the best out of the opportunities given to them. I am thankful for the discipline and integrity serving has instilled in me.
Pros
Excellent work experiences
over a family
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2017
The national guard is a wonderful organization to be a part of especially for a college student or someone that wants to be a part of the military but do not want to enlist or join active duty.
N/a
Culinary specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2017
The national guard is a good place to start with great benefits. Every benefit you truly work for. every day you have to find a balance with your personal life and work life.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Under funded Military
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2017
Only take this job if you are desperate. Poor management, low funding, and limited options for advancement. Work environment is mostly hostile to unfamiliar personal.
Pros
Access to healthcare, and Military resources
Cons
Work environment, Management, Training/opportunities
Great medical facility.
Combat Medic/ Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 19, 2017
Job was relatively easy, did health assessments for soldiers to make sure these soldiers were mission capable for the whole state. Worked on the hearing booth the most.
Drill weekend
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
Since we only meet with our unit once a weekend a month, when we are on duty for the week, we have a lot of maintenance and documents that need to be addressed before the end of drill weekend.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Long hours of just waiting
It's a job
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  IowaJuly 19, 2017
There are a lot of reasons you should consider becoming a member of our team. Although life in the military is not easy, it is extremely rewarding both personally and in terms of the benefits our members enjoy.
The Guard
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 19, 2017
An interesting workplace that keeps all on their toes. Throughout my time in the service I have grown as a person and am not the same individual that entered 4 years ago.
American Soldier
PFC/E-3 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
Most rewarding career you will find. Great steady pay and benefits. Opportunity to travel, career advancement. Helps you grow up and get into shape. Physically and mentally.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2017
Productive and a good amount of time needs to be put in to this Job if you are going to try and make into a career. Also do not fall behind in your studies and schools these will help take you further if you want them to.
Great Benefits
Recruiting & Retention NCO (Former Employee) –  Grenada, MSJuly 18, 2017
Great job. Great benefits. Friendly people. I've been in the Mississippi Army National Guard for 15 years. I served on active duty as a member of the National Guard for 12 years.
Workplace with a family atmosphere
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Brewton, ALJuly 18, 2017
The National Guard is a great experience for those that love the military but cannot do full time due to certain restrictions. Your unit is like your family.
Fun at some points
Intelligence Analyst (E-4 Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 18, 2017
Many people to meet. Most you will become good friends with, which makes the time you are there fun. If you are lucky enough to have good leadership within your unit, you will feel like you are wasting your time.
an adventure around every corner
Budget Officer (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJuly 18, 2017
the national guard has a wide variety of roles available for individuals so you drive your future by your daily actions. Continue to work hard and the promotions come.
Good experience
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Hannibal, MOJuly 18, 2017
If you're looking for camaraderie and teamwork, this is the way to go. The money is good for one weekend per month and the benefits to which you have access are well worth it.
They have cool toys
Attack Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJuly 17, 2017
It was fun, but you had to fight for your every ''benefit'' and there was always someone trying to get ahead by any means necessary. I had a lot of fun while I was in, but it is a different ball game now.
Challenging
Cook (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXJuly 17, 2017
A typical day starts early and ends late.

I learned working with one another was a valuable asset.

Work place culture was busy everyone had something that needed to be done.
great job
Staff Sergeant (E-6) (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJuly 17, 2017
I love the Ga. Army National Guard, I get to stay in the military and have a civilian life also. The benefits are great and the people are great too. Heath coverage is extremely affordable. Education assistance is great. Being able to serve your State and country is the main reason I'm in the Guard.
Pros
Benefits, pay, travel, weapons, training, great people.
Cons
having to stay in shape to keep up to militay standards on your own time is difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5