National Guard
3,781 reviews

National Guard United States Employee Reviews

Great benefits and room for Career advancement
Mechanic/Metal Worker (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: time consuming
I get to travel and I am financially secure being in the military. There are many long hours however and a lot of time spent away from my family.
It is what you make of it
Specialist (Current Employee), Clinton, SCMay 1, 2015
You sit around or clean more than you think you would, but the things you learn in the military are very useful and interesting.
Military LIfe
13F/Forward observer (Former Employee), Toledo, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: meeting lots of people, learning vaules and becominga better stronger person
Cons: tedius tasks.
management was well organized and knows what they are talking about. Learning Values and other military information has help me further progress in my life.
A Great Way to Become a productive leader
25Q (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free College Education
Cons: Long periods away from home
The best thing about being in the national guard is the life experience that comes with it. Anyone can learn job skills by going to college, or a tech school. Being a soldier enables you to learn job skills in the field, while also challenging you to be a leader and take on multiple roles in high stress locations. Developing these skills transfer over to the civilian sector very well.
All source Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), variousApril 30, 2015
Build and steer multiple teams to maximize performance in consistently completing projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment requiring superior strategic planning, organization, and leadership skills, while overseeing combat readiness and employment of a 24-soldier Platoon comprised of Human Intelligence (HUMINT) soldiers and Signal Intelligence (SIGINT) soldiers. Stay abreast and current as to the platoon’s Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures (TTP), equipment, personnel strengths, and platoon’s operational limitations.
• Proactively counsel and advise the Commander and the Brigade Combat Team (BCT) S2 of the best employment practices of the MGS Platoon.
• Steer the Platoon’s training (both general army and Intelligence), with an emphasis on the threat and capabilities of the platoon.
• Relied upon to oversee $3 million in SIGINT equipment.
Amazing opportunities
91 Bravo- Light Wheeled Mechanic (Former Employee), Farmingdale, NYApril 30, 2015
Pros: Flexible
Lots of wonderful people to work with, especially if you are trying to go to school an maintain a work life, this is definitely a beneficial job choice. Your day starts of just like any other job, arrive to you work area, get updated on whats going or whats needed to be done for the day,and basically just work for the rest of the day with breaks and lunch.
military
Truck Driver and Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IA and Mason City, IAApril 30, 2015
I drove trucks and worked in the supply for the unit. I also looked after the soldiers when the squad leader was busy elsewhere. I really enjoyed this job.
It's the national guard
Infantry and Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Soldier, KSApril 30, 2015
Pros: prestige
Cons: it's only once a month
All depending on the unit you are in the the job you have. Can be a lot of fun or miserable. In all I think it's a great experience for anyone.
An excellent place to start.
Communications Specialist/Assistant Section Chief (Former Employee), Pomona, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: The ability to learn new skill and have some room for advancement.
Cons: Some take advantage and advance without meeting requirement, some prefer personal gain over integrity.
The U.S. Army is an excellent place to go for Direction. They don't ask for any kind of experience and they will train you for a specific job and to prepare you for your future. They will, in essence, feed you, cloth you, train you, and get paid for it. The benefits are excellent with Medical and Dental available through the V.A. and other private companies. You get to travel to places where you are needed and and the hardest part for me was leaving. I enjoyed it because I was part of something bigger.
Produsctive work place with all of fun skills to learn.
Welding and machinist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLApril 29, 2015
Went to class to learn how to use the mill, lathe, and all wielding. I learned all the fundamentals of being in the military and kept them. Hardest part of the job was waiting for the machines to finish their job.
Great location- close to home
Government Contractor (Personnel Specialist) (Former Employee), Blackstone, VAApril 29, 2015
The staff and management were great. Flexibility was one of the many perks of working there. They had an awesome wellness program and they encouraged you to take advantage of it.
NCO
Assistant Engagement Operations NCO (Former Employee), OhioApril 28, 2015
Great career to learn and make life long friends. Great benefits and growth potential throughout the state. Plenty of school oppurtunities
Productive and fun place to work
92W (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHApril 28, 2015
Pros: The people I work with and learning new skills
Cons: When people do not corroperate
For my service I check and make sure certain equipment is functioning properly and sometimes leading or assisting the leaders to help the mission be successful. I also preform whatever duties I am required and or ordered to do, but I enjoy knowing I helped out my comrades and the community as best as I could.
Taking lots of information and turning it into readable material
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Lansing, MiApril 28, 2015
Fun job with long hours have to work hard to get job done. Take alot of stuff and turn it into some thing readable. Get to know alot about people and stuff.
great work experience
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Marana, AZApril 27, 2015
loved every minute of it! I was follower and was molded into a leader in the military and civilian life. I was trained and helped train soldiers and helped with the community. loyalty duty respect selfless service honor integrity personal courage is my priority in life.
Fair and Fun environment
Military Police (Current Employee), North Little Rock, ARApril 26, 2015
I love working in the Army National Guard. It is fair and rewards those who do well and punishes those who do not. Very good pay and management is always on an improvement mentality.
Best Job I've Ever Had
89B Ammunition Specialist, Sergeant (Current Employee), Little Falls, MNApril 26, 2015
Pros: Career advancement, job duties
Cons: Lack of stability
The National Guard has been the best employer I have ever had. The principles which the Guard stands for, the opportunities made available to the soldiers, and the other soldiers I would work with are some of the best people I have ever known. My only real issue with the Guard is the lack of stability in your personal life.
Great way to serve the community
Sergeant First Class (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 25, 2015
Great place to serve the community and help with the war on drugs. Helped a lot of people to help themselves. Hardest part of the job was seeing the impact of drugs on families. I enjoyed the job because it was fast paced and exciting.
Awesome Career Opportunities
Recruiter Nominee (Current Employee), Cleveland, TNApril 25, 2015
Pros: Lots of Opportunities
Cons: Time away from Familly
The Tennessee Army National Guard is an awesome job that makes career advancement possible and offers so many benefits and opportunites. They offer 100% Tuition Assistance, The Montgomery G.I Bill, and so much more.
A learning experience
Warrant Officer (Former Employee), Stockton, CAApril 24, 2015
It was quite an adventure. But being in the service taught me the importance and value of team work and how to be a leader. The hardest part of the job was the rigorous training at boot camp.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries