National Guard
2,886 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

I love the opportunites that I was offered
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: healthcare
I love that I gathered experience in many fields from Admin, Management, and Healthcare processes.
Advance Data Processing
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), KentuckySeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free clothes, great friends and discpline
Cons: lack of clothing options
The Army National Guard was the beginning of my military career. I had the opportunity to get in great shape, learn a DATA Processing Skill (punch cards) and travel. To make life long friends and continue the building block of the foundation of who I am today. Discipline
Productive fun place with ping pong table
35F Intel Analyst (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2014
Pros: free lucnches
Cons: no cons
Excellent employer. Great benefits. Great for seeking government jobs.
Fast Paced
Operation Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVSeptember 15, 2014
Long hours and lots of time away from home. Wonderful benefits and outside support.
Well established industry with security of USA foremost
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), New York StateSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits (as an officer), good equipment - best in the world, dedicated administration and fellow workers
Cons: variable work environments, adverse weather conditions occasionally, war atmosphere possible, survival living setting
I trained primarily 2 days per month - usually a weekend with military ceremonies, learning experiences of great variety related to being a Soldier of US Army plus usually two weeks usually in summer months training in area of specialty in my military assignment of caring for our military as well as civilians affected by our missions.
I learned a great – more... deal of the military organization and mission as well as on-going training relating to my MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) which does not have much relationship to my work in the oil industry other than science and math applications of modern evolving technology.
Coworkers are the variety of ranks and work specialties within an organization with a mission to accomplish.
the hardest part is being regularly available perhaps for a long-term mission in a possibly hostile and war environment.
Most enjoyable part is seeing dedication of the United States government, military organization and personnel in carry out the mission - with the health and well-being of the people involved either maintained or enhanced. – less
Summary
Team Leader (Current Employee), Elizabethtown KentuckySeptember 13, 2014
Lead, teach, train, supervise soldiers. Solve problems. Prepare for combat.
Fun fast pace work on generators
Power Generation Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: hands-on work in realist situations, physical training
Cons: not enough hours, not enough a month to pay bills
Typical Day
>Get up at 4am doing physical training
>Classroom training
>In the field hands-on training

>Civilian (retired veterans) teachers

>Classroom Training
>Working – more... with retired veterans – less
It's a Military installation
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), East Greenwich, RISeptember 12, 2014
Get used to doing all sorts of jobs at any time.
Your hours will be decided at the last possible moment don't make plans that entire weekend.
Interesting Workplace
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Ft. Stewart, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
A typical drill weekend, starts by meeting up at the armory for an 8:00 am formation. We discuss our goal and tasks for the weekend, before falling out to perform our jobs.

As a unit supply clerk, my job is to ensure everyone has what they need. This includes uniforms, miscellaneous equipment, and other things. I am also tasked with maintaining soldier – more... clothing records, and keeping count of sensitive items on hand.

The hardest part of the job is remembering every single form. However, it is also the most enjoyable part. I like challenges in my life, and different situations every drill definitely help with that. – less
Overall working in the National Guard is rewarding.
Specialist (Current Employee), ArkansasSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: the people, the pay checks, and the opportunities
Cons: govorenment shut downs and funding
In the National Guard i am an electrician for Ft. Chaffee. We maintain the post for other training soldiers. In my section we did cross training because there was not always electrical work, we trained in plumming, carpentry, and HVAC. As a soldier for Ft. Chaffee we did anything needed on chaffee to include post clean up. iI have been greatful to work – more... with an amazing group of people. – less
Military obligation
Training Cadre (Former Employee), Christiansburg, VASeptember 12, 2014
I have gained a wide range of information and skills due to my training and experience with the military. I feel that it has made me into a better leader.
AWESOME JOB!!!
294TH Engineer Unit Supply Technician (Current Employee), Carthage, MOSeptember 11, 2014
OUTSTANDING CO-WORKERS!! FUN ENVIORNMENT. EASY JOB WITH LOW STRESS.
Fun workplace
Oh58 Crew Chief, Mechanic (Former Employee), Salem, ORSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: lots of fun toys
Cons: can get sent to war
Typical day is 6-5. There is a ton to learn. Management is cool, co-workers become friends.
N/A
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), MorristownSeptember 10, 2014
Hard work everyday but it pays off lots of fun. Wake up early hours do PT then you go straight to work stay motivated
Great place to learn
Human Resource/Finance/Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee), Los AngelesSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: knowledge
Cons: confusion
This would teach the person that have not guidance how to grow up a little more and more but this does not happen to all
Great experience
Materials Storage and Handling Specialist (Former Employee), Johnston, IASeptember 9, 2014
Loved being in the National Guard. Great experience, lots of travel. Great bunch of people to work with.
Army Life
Motor Transport Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Medina, OHSeptember 9, 2014
It's the Army, I enjoyed it overall. Drill was a bit boring as we only had a handful of vehicles to PMCS which only took about 30 minutes.
Water Purification Specialist (Current Employee), VermontSeptember 9, 2014
Great job with benefits, the people you meet and work around have great work ethics and want to see you grow and expand as a person and a soldier
It was an honor to serve my country
o Served as an Infantryman (Former Employee), Menomonee, WISeptember 8, 2014
My job as an infantry team leader was to supervise my team of 5 in combat operations. During my deployment, my job was to supervise up to 100 Iraqi Correctional Officers in their daily activities as prison guards. The most difficult aspects were the language barrier between my self and the Iraqis and finding new creative ways to motivate my combat team – more... to train and keep themselves in shape.
I enjoyed the structure the army gave me and the skills it taught me that have and are helping me today. – less
EMS is a very close family environment.
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), AlabamaSeptember 8, 2014
Cons: can't save them all
No two days are the same. The most enjoyable part of the job-I make a difference in the lives of others.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more