National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 10,409 reviews matching the search
Arng
Behavioral Health Specialist (Former Employee) –  Terre Haute, INSeptember 20, 2017
I was a civilian contractor I cannot give an accurate description of what it was like to work as a uniformed person in the army national guard. contracting is different than uniformed personnel
national guard
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 20, 2017
I joined the national guard to complete my 20 years for a retirement after active duty time. After that time was put in i happily retired. the guard was very tie nit, and as an outsider i was glad to be done.
Pros
retirement
Cons
outsiders not welcome
A Rewarding Experience
Private First Class E-3 (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INSeptember 20, 2017
The Indiana Army National Guard Was where I developed My skills to be a leader. The time in the Guard was not all fun, on most days more dificult that any job. But you need that kind of comitment in yourself to the job to even attempt to go into the military. The culture in the army is like no other on earth. I met so many different people from so many different places across the world. The people in the army are less like coworkers, and more like a Brotherhood. Willing to lay down their lifes for you, and you for them. They are the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Benefits, People, Skills learned
Cons
Hardest job ever
easy part time job
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 20, 2017
perfect for college students. Easy money for military benefits. Two days a month two weeks a year. Get all benefits as active duty except you don't have to do it everyday.
Great Positive Career
Inventory Management, Accounting, Paperwork (Former Employee) –  IllinoisSeptember 20, 2017
Team building and lifetime friends that become family. hard work and keep you physically fit. allows to travel to different places and always has different job options and volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
management
great experience
Private First Class, Infantry Trains (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILSeptember 20, 2017
Relevant Experience
11/2008 - Illinois National Guard, Kankakee, IL; Private First Class, Infantry Trains using military weapons to be prepare to defend the United States when called upon.
Good work/life balance
OFFICER CANDIDATE (Current Employee) –  Colchester, VTSeptember 19, 2017
The Guard looks after its people and understands the need for a civilian career and life. I am new to the Guard and have had great experience with my recruiter and NCOs.
Great benefits and opportunities
Human Intelligence Collector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
The Guard is a great alternative to Active Duty for those who want to maintain a civilian career while increasing their options for different opportunities.
Pros
Benefits, advancement, opportunities
Cons
Having to put civilian life/career on hold to leave for trainings/deployments
Join if you can
Powertrain repair tech (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYSeptember 19, 2017
The best career you will ever have. Learn alot and meet great great people from all over the world. The trainibg does not give you the advancement that you would think in the civilian world but its a start.
Fast paced
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 19, 2017
The National Guard is a face paced and stress filled occupation. One must be able to follow orders to a T and complete them in a timely manner. It is one of the places that allow you to have experiences that most people never get an opportunity to have.
Its the military
Readiness Non-Commissioned Officer (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORSeptember 19, 2017
Its a 100 percent what you make of your options. There will always be ups and downs. However the opportunity is there if you are able to work hard and prove yourself.
Pros
job security
Cons
Not always at home
Great Job
Food Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Working with the Army National Guard is really a privilege. There are some many ways to advance in the Guard and plenty of benefits that many don't know about.
benefits
Cons
sometimes can be a bit stressful
Productive and fun work environment
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARSeptember 19, 2017
I come to drill every two days out of the month. We go to formation at 7am and our sergeant will tell us what we need to take care of and after we exercise and then do our assignments. Then we finish anything else we have to do. Sometimes we have little to do and sometimes we have a lot. We then eat lunch that they provide or go get our own. After that we wait for direction of finishing something or going home. The best part is interacting with friends and getting off work. The worst is to be really busy and we have to stay overtime.
Pros
free lunch, slow pace
Cons
fast pace, busy all day
great opportunity
Human Resource Specialist, Sergeant (Former Employee) –  La Grande, ORSeptember 19, 2017
Great staff. Very patient when learning new programs. has great benefits, paid holidays, health care, dental. Potential to move up in ranks, job security.
Great
Healthcare Sergeant (medic), Healthcare Instructor (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTSeptember 19, 2017
I love working in the Army National Guard. I have learned so much and gained a lot of experience throughout my training, deployment, and now in my role as an instructor teaching new healthcare specialists in training .
Join the military
Aircraft Fuel Systems Technician A-7, F-16 (Former Employee) –  South Carolina ANGSeptember 19, 2017
I served 8 years active USAF and 16 years ANG.
Retired in 2008.
I highly recommend that everyone should serve at least 4 years, any branch of service.
Good people
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Sandusky, OHSeptember 19, 2017
Unorganized and stressful, unless you are looking to get free college you will not get much out of it, enjoy cleaning weapons for hours and sitting around taking classes you dont need.
can be fun but not for the weak of hart
Diesel mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 19, 2017
everyone's exp is defendant i really like what i do, i get to work with a lot of people that i can trust to have my back in any situation, and the equipment i work with is the coolest, but there is a lot of hard work and a lot of things that i know i never wanted to see or do, but if i had to do it all again, i would.
Pros
grate benefits, grate people, and a lot of cool stuff
Cons
a lot can go wrong.
Best job I have ever had!
Signal Support System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Island, NESeptember 19, 2017
Enlisting into the Nebraska Army National Guard was one of the greatest decisions of my life. They gave me skills that will further my overall life, both personally and professionally.
Good job
Guardsman (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 18, 2017
Very great place to start out at in life. Many great lesson taught in this feild. there are so many career options once training is completed. Really cool people to work around as well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5