National Guard
3,659 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Fun place to work
Military (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: N/A
I learned a lot about myself and the things that i can do if there wasn't any doubt in my mind. The Army taught me that I am much more than I give myself credit for.
awsome work place
Machinist (91E) (Current Employee), PRMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: we don't have exit hours
The important of team work for us its essential, nobody let behind in the work place. We help each other to complete the mission, its hard work, but we enjoyed.
Missouri Army National Guard
Unit Supply Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benifits
Cons: Deployments
The Army National Guard is a very rewarding and sometimes very demanding organization. I have had the opportunity to attain additional skills in logistics, training and some administrative work as well as operational knowledge on various vehicles such as forklifts and other military transport vehicles. My co-workers and I work together as a team to complete larger task in order to be more efficient. The hardest part of the job comes around inspection time but the most enjoyable part is passing the inspection with a commendable rating.
Honored to serve our great country
Sr. Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), VAMarch 25, 2015
Dedicate co-workers. Well trained and committed individuals with great understanding of teamwork. Honor and privilege working with dedicate soldiers sworn to protect this great nation.
productive military environment
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Seaford, DEMarch 25, 2015
days at work involved heading to the motor pool to check the trucks. ensuring they are fueled and operating properly. following the plan of the day created by the superiors.
Very political enviroment run by the "good ol'boys club"
Recruiting (Former Employee), IdahoMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits
Cons: Poor work/ life balance, very PC, long hours
Performance means very little and it's about who you know. Being a top performer will get you nowhere if your not in the "club". The culture is very politically charged with rumors and who is buddies with who. If your not in the "club" you will be crucified at the slightest hint of wrongdoing. You constantly have to watch your back and be very careful what you say and do as it could be taken the wrong way and your done. Even though we wore a military uniform the Idaho National Guard functions more like a corporate cut throat organization where those in power select the winners and losers based on the latest rumors and gossip instead of performance and loyalty to the organization. Don't get me wrong, the Idaho Guard is a great place to have a career if your in the "club". If your not, then it's pretty tough. They will eventually come after you and destroy your career.
Very hectic and fast paced
Senior Logistics Non-Commisioned Officer (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great benifits, liberal vacation policy
Cons: Very undermaned
Every day was different with new goals problems and issues.

I learned that one must be able to quickly and decisively prioritize

Management was good but due to the high rotation rate methods and processes often changed

Co-workers were spread across a wide range from poor to excellent

The hardest part of the job was being able to shift gears and focus as new and unexpected issues came to light

The best part of the job was when a project was completed and I knew my people had everything they needed to do their job
army national guard
Infantryman Mechanized (Former Employee), Madison, INMarch 24, 2015
Learned lots, if you enjoy learning new things, starting a career, it has lots of options. The benefits are good in some aspect, but not all .
Productive and rewarding position helping service members with their HR affairs.
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Current Employee), Anderson, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Helping people navigate through the administrative waters.
Cons: Not being able to help everyone exactly when they want it.
Management is strong and very helpful. A typical day is spent helping service members resolve any sort of various human resource issues such as pay, insurance, data entry for an upcoming or past completed or required courses and/or school, life event changes, awards, promotions, etc.
HOOAH!
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee), Braintree, MAMarch 24, 2015
joining the Massachusetts army national guard was the best decision I could of made for my life. the thrill, experience, challenges, and brother hood you gain is not comparable to anything else.
A diverse career field
88N- Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Greensboro,NcMarch 24, 2015
Pros: The different groups of people you get to meet
Cons: The long days
Th North Carolina National Guard has helped make me a better individual, it has made me more focus and career driven. It has installed me cultural values, and how to manage my life for the better, it has prepared me for my future and strengthen my weakness. My time in the North Carolina National Guard has been well spent, I have met so many people who have helped shape and mold me. Being apart of the army is the most rewarding experience, you are apart of an elite group of people. The hardest about being in the army is the long days with no sleep, but the army has taught me perseverance, and the willingness to overcome all difficult situations I may face.
Overall, I enjoy the organization and soldiers.
CHAPLAIN ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Eastover, SCMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Being around the soldiers.
Cons: Healthcare benefits/ age of retirement
I enjoy being a part of an organization that takes care of its own. I enjoy meeting new people and imparting some wisdom of life experiences with others. I also enjoy the relationship with fellow co-workers because of accountability.
my work day
Enlisted (Current Employee), Danville, KYMarch 24, 2015
Arrive in the mornings for drill and get in formation for roll call.
I would learn numerous things throughout a typical drill weekend rather it be new things on an operating system, or how to drive a new vehicle.
My management is very professional along with my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job is awaiting a possible deployment and the most enjoyable part of my job is knowing I am making a difference and being a role model.
Great experience
Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Training has always been a good experience for me and work is challenging at times but I enjoy it. I've deployed once and it was an enjoyable experience also. I don't think you will hear many people say that, but I am very sincere when I say it. The hardest part about the job for me is when food isn't available or good.
Extremely beneficial experience
Search & Extraction Liaison (Current Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: lifestyle not a career
Cons: very demanding outside of predetermined work hours
Very much a lifestyle and not a career. Easy to have a love/hate relationship but the benefits always out weigh the negatives.
military
Mortar man (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: strenuous activity
This is the military the have high expectations with great results. I have learned combat strategies, as well as medical procedures. This job has made me a more professional person.
Great experience
Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 23, 2015
Great opportunities, training, friendships ( personal and Professional), hurry up and wait really applies, Only 1 percent of the country serves in the military, educational benefits etc.
Great Environment
Aircraft Power Train Mechanic (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 23, 2015
• Communicated with numerous soldiers via SharePoint software.
• Maintain, inspect, diagnose, and repair critical components of multiple aircraft.
• Organize and upkeep parts bench stock.
• Interact with others in order to complete jobs that require multiple people.
• Motivate team member to finish task and meet deadlines.
• Precisely inspect components with calipers and gauges.
love it
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMarch 23, 2015
I've served my country for 15 years and continue to. I love the guard and what it stands for. I love my job. I think everyone that can, should serve.
This job isn't for everyone.
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Lock Haven, PAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: food and drinks for free and whenever you want them.
Cons: early and long hours.
A typical day at this job is extremely stressful but laid back as well but that only depends on the type of people and the type of management you have. I learned everything there is to know about an army kitchen and the tools used in it. My management is really nice and know how to do their job well. Most of my co-workers are easy to get a long with but some prefer to be left alone. The hardest part about this job is the hours. The most enjoyable part is being about the hang out with my battles when we are not busy.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries