National Guard
3,757 reviews

National Guard United States Employee Reviews

Very structured
Machine Operator - Bobcat (Former Employee), Carson City, NVApril 22, 2015
Has a great physical fitness program, food was good other then that I truly dont want to return.. I operated equipment and maintained the grounds.
good experince
Military Police (Current Employee), Corunna, MIApril 22, 2015
Good experience if you deploy. if not its a lot of useless training that doesn't get you very far, until you reach a higher rank
A great way to serve
Medical Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 22, 2015
The Army National Guard is a great way to serve and give back to the community. I loved every moment of it and made some great friends along the way.
great work environment
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), fort worth, TXApril 22, 2015
i learned that everyone is different put your work face on and take it slow. Be sure to get the job done in a timely manner. The US army is awesome and very well known its pretty self explanatory
Job
Firefighter (Current Employee), ColoradoApril 22, 2015
Great Place to serve your country and to be a regular joe. Wouldn't trade it for anything.Prevents fire damage by conducting surveys and inspections for hazards; enforcing codes.
•Prepares citizens to prevent fire damage by developing and conducting educational and training programs.
•Ensures availability of water at fire scene by testing hydrants; requesting and expediting repairs; verifying repair.
•Minimizes fire damage by responding to alarms; driving and operating equipment; regulating water pressure; combating and extinguishing fires; rescuing and reviving people.
•Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; notifying supervisor of needed repairs; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
•Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
•Provides information by completing reports.
•Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; studying publications; participating in scheduled drills.
•Maintains fire station building, grounds, and related equipment by completing maintenance schedules.
•Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
CBRN Specialist/ Assistant Squad Leader (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYApril 22, 2015
I learn to be a leader and protect people at the same time. I specialize in CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear) weapon and get to utilize my skills in the civilian life as well
Very Productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAApril 21, 2015
I love the people I worked closely with.
Learned a lot about myself and others.
Had to take some time off to spend with my children.
Fun family Enviornment
Air Conditioning Mechanic and Installer (Current Employee), Starke, FLApril 21, 2015
this has been the best time of my life. i have had the opportunity to defend my country and make my family proud. i would recommend that everyone over 18 join the Guard.
army nat guard
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 21, 2015
it was ok. we would shoot guns every now and then. got to drive HMMWV around all the time. they are hot and loud. it gets better the longer you stay in
A professional orgaization
Master Gunner/Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Crookston, MNApril 21, 2015
I have enjoyed all my days with the MN National Guard. I have been in almost 19 years now, deployed three times and held many different positions.

During my time with military I have learned that teamwork is the key to getting our duties done. In the military we work extremely well as a team at all levels.

I think that during my time in the military I have been blessed with great leadership, I have been able to move up and now hope that I am considered one of those great leaders.

I can't say enough good things about the MN Army National Guard.
serve the community and the country
Staff Sergeant- Physical Security Team Chief (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: camaraderie learn life skills and a profession.
Cons: some long term travel maybe required
one weekend a month and at least two weeks usually during the summer. learn survival skills, how to shoot, learn how to lead and manage people, travel, experience new cultures
strict.
Human resources specialist/infantryman (Former Employee), everywhereApril 20, 2015
it was not as professional as i wouldve expected of the texas military forces but for the most part i worked with really good people.
Very good place to work, it is Military
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Taylor, TXApril 20, 2015
The National Guard is a Great Organization made up of the most Professional people I have ever worked with in my 35 year Military career.
Very good learning enviornment
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Taylorsville MSApril 20, 2015
My job as a Automated Logistical Specialist was to supply my unit with the necessary tools and supplies needed to run efficiently.
Good organzation to work for.
Senior Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaApril 20, 2015
Good organization to work for. Organized and good training environment. Difficult hours to predict work and lifestyle. Great for team building.
Awesome workplace
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), New YorkApril 20, 2015
Negotiates complex public and private real estate and economic development deals involving sensitive, high-level communication between stakeholders....
2 days ago - save job - email - more...
Track Worker - new

Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. Work as a member of a crew to install new railroad track, maintain existing...
2 days ago - save job - email - more...
Productive Work place
Recruiter (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2015
Lots of training opportunities in many different fields. All this training that is offered is very beneficial in the civilian world.
Army National Guard
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 17, 2015
The army has so many benefits. Its a secure place to be employed, and the opportunities for advancement are endless.Currently I'm signed up for a 6 year contract and as of right now, I will reenlist when the time is right.
Military work and Training.
Power Generation Technition (Former Employee), Ishpeming, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Learned how to work on a lot of equipment and met a lot of people.
Cons: At times we had a lapse in communcations. Made work a little frustrating at times.
I did work on power generators. Repaired and did basic maintenance on generators ranging from two Kilowatt generators to 60 Kilowatt generators. Made sure everyone had the correct power and did minor repair and maintenance on all wheeled vehicles for the Army.
Grat career
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Phila. PAApril 17, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere.
Cons: the job could be done more simply.
I worked under many great supervisors. I had many supervisors for different aspects of the job. All coomunicated well and worked for the advancement of my career in Logistics

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries