National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,841 reviews matching the search
Team Leader - Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2017
A great way to pay for school and serve your country. The ARNG is a place where young men and women can find their way in life and achieve their goals to the fullest.
Service Always
Healthcare Specialist / Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2017
Great place to hone workplace skills. Keep all original paperwork, get everything in writing, get all the training you can and deploy at least once for 6 months or greater if you intend to have any benefits after separation.
Learn skills to use in the civilian work force
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDJuly 22, 2017
You always are busy doing something weather training or just learning the job. You get paid to go to college. You learn a job skill that can help you in the real world. You have structure and discipline in your life.
Pros
you get paid to do it
Cons
somtimes you have to miss family events
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 22, 2017
Throughout my career of 28 years with the Military I have experienced many changes in administration support staff and managed 130 personnel. It has been my responsibility to train each new person and make them feel comfortable and confident in their new positions.
Best decision I've ever made.
Sergeant E-% (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49014July 22, 2017
It has always been my life long dream to serve my country, so I took the first chance I had as a young man to join the Army. I've gained many skills, traits, friends, mentors, and experience in my career thus far.
Career Starter!
Field Artillery Tactical Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2017
Great place to work if you're looking to keep a balance with your civilian job and military. Sometimes you can be challenged here when you're out on the field due to weather and just being out of the comfort of your home, but at the end of the day, you will learn abilities that will help in many civilian jobs.
Pros
Easy Work, Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful when on the field and deployment
fun work place
u.s. army solider (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2017
i really enjoyed working in the army national guard. i really enjoyed meeting different soliders from different races and being part of a team and being a solider. I really didnt mean doing different types of training and exercising as well as got to travel as well.
Pros
being a solider
Cons
no comments
Military lifestyle
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 21, 2017
Civilian and military lifestyle intertwine. Can get stressful at times. Camaraderie is great. Would refer anyone who wants to join the service but also dont want to lose/give up their job.
self motivating
SGT E-5 (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 21, 2017
Good place to become self motivated and learn leadership skills. Be careful on what is said and what is written on the contract. Acquire some college credits first or go through ROTC if possible to not start at the very bottom.
Cons
faulty contracts
Good for those who need it
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time in the service, however nearing the end of my contract I couldnt wait to move on. Be careful of your initial contract, signing a lengthy one may have you burnt out near the end of your service.

Great for those who are looking for extra income and trying to learn new skills or pay for college.
It is an interesting job
Cannon Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 21, 2017
I have been with this unit for a very long time and it has been an amazing experience with the people around you. They push you to do your best so you can strive and succeed in becoming the future of the Hawaii Army National Guard
Pros
Brotherhood
Cons
Long waits
good
Vertical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJuly 20, 2017
Good time, no complaints. Overall good experiences, would sign up again. would offer things is alright happy okay good work life balance. No major complaints.
National Guard
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJuly 20, 2017
the army national guard is a great place to work at. it has great benefits. There's great opportunity to meet new people and make great friends. Even though, some days are really boring and have to sit down most of the day. Having people around you, makes it great.
fun doing the job advancement was a joke
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  jblm WashingtonJuly 20, 2017
i loved working here but advancing was impossible due to so many people and so few slots. That and the fact that the national guard was changing its policies so that if you had been in for 7 years and did great work it still wouldn't matter because you need a degree to advance even if the degree had no relevance.
A Great Opportunity
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVJuly 20, 2017
My first job after high school. Great opportunity to learn a career and go to college. Glad I did it. Wish this site didn't demand a minimum of 150 characters for a job I did 37 years ago.
Service to Country
Transportation Section Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 20, 2017
The Army National Guard is a great place for a young person to gain valuable life experience, that will come with pay and benefits, and will instill discipline and foster maturity.
Army NG
2nd Lieutenant and Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
A great organization to be a part of. I been in for three years now and I could have ask for anything better. My unit is very understandable and help you progress in your future career.
Work Place
Equipment and Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 20, 2017
I have learned how to be head strong, independent, and more importantly dependable thanks to the National Guard. The hardest part is the occasional being away from my family.
Good, professional enviornment
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 20, 2017
The atmosphere is primarily an office atmosphere, but the military side to it keeps work refreshing and challenging. One day you could be helping soldiers to process certain documents to help in their career on the civilian side and the next you could be arranging for an appointment to the soldier's healthcare provider. The work is steady and various.
Pros
good enviornment, and helpful staff.
Cons
balancing time between military and civilain obligations.
Good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2017
Please hire me i need to support my family and one of my kids have cancer i need this job i promise you guys ill to the best i can i just really want to help my kid do you guys know how it feels to see your kid suffering and i cant do anything cuss i don't have money i need this job please for my little boy joe
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short brakes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5