National Guard
3,998 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

A workplace with strong culture and drive to improve
Signal System Support Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
The Army National Guard is very interesting and overall great place to be. Enlisted soldiers are pushed by senior enlisted as well as the officers to pursue careers as well as a military career. The military is not fond of people staying stagnant. Always moving forward.
Army National Guard
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great people
My job as a Human Resource Specialist has been second to none.
It has taught me to think on feet and be prepared for anything at anytime. I love being able to help others and work side by side with different people from all over the world.
everyday life experience
11C Indirect Fire Specialist (Former Employee), Forsyth, GAJuly 1, 2015
day to day operations are alright. great team building exercises and able to express yourself. great brotherhood feeling and not being judgmental.
It's a true honor to serve
19K M1 Armor Crewman (Former Employee), Whitehall, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: You gain friendships and loads of experience on life
Cons: No cons
I had no regrets joining the army national guard. The benefits were great and I was able to create a bond with people who I've never met. I learned a lot while serving with the national guard and I truly miss my brother's in arms.
My time in the Guard
Infantryman (Former Employee), TXJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the National Guard but I would not do it again. There are a lot of things that I do not agree with, but there are also a lot of great people there.
Overall great place to work
Financial Service Tech/Commercial Accounts/MILPAY (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: An hour one way to drive
A typical day for me includes taking care of soldiers making sure that they get paid. Enjoy working with a great group of guys.
A good choice for my families future
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee), Benson, NCJune 30, 2015
I signed up to do many things; Serve my country, test myself, and most importantlybuild a better future for my family. I attend a once a month Drill in Benson, NC where my unit is located.
Tough but learning tool and sense of accomplishment.
Military Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 30, 2015
we break down enemy capabilities and through terrain conditions and capabilities of the enemy we create course of action the enemy will take to be successful of their mission. later briefing Army personnel on said course of action and any other important intelligence.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Johnston, IAJune 30, 2015
Challenging yet rewarding place to work, no potential for moving forward in my current position. Looking for the opportunity to enhance my skills and knowledge in a new field.
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Operations Officer (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Rigid cultuer
There was always something new that kept us on our feet. We worked globally with other Army components. Very faced paced work environment
Productive employment with opportunity to develop many skills
91F Small Arms/Artillery Repairer (Current Employee), Red House, WVJune 29, 2015
Challenging job with lots of opportunity to gain leadership skills as well as excellent teamwork skills. Provides opportunity to engage and help the public during times of crisis. Excellent job to learn – more... multi-tasking and the ability to handle unexpected circumstances that require adjustment of plans. Opportunities to provide guidance and mentor junior personell as well as learn from upper level personell. – less
Military
Field Artillery (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 29, 2015
Meh, you sign up and thats your life. Education benefits don't kick in until 3 years in the service. Must sign an 8 year contract
fun job
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee), washingtonJune 29, 2015
fun job love blowing things up and hanging out great place to learn responsabilty and get great experance would love to get more involved
Challenging and Rewarding working in Budget Section
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Mabry, TXJune 29, 2015
As a Budget Analyst I was given the opportunity to get a better understanding of the financial side of supporting company tasks/obligations with personnel and tangible resources(i.e. vehicles, meals, lodging,etc) – more... I became proficient in validating unit requests in accordance with established annual financial budget guidance and military financial regulations.
I worked personally with unit reps as well as individual soldiers when issues arose. – less
having to tend to the the soldiers welfare
MOS 88M20 NCO Team Leader/Deployment Operations (Current Employee), thomasville,gaJune 29, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere to be around people
Cons: none
PMCS on vehicles making sure they run properly.

paperwork on soldiers to ensure there well being and to help them get promoted.
Great leadership. Great Teamwork.
13fox (Current Employee), stillwater okJune 29, 2015
Pros: learn alot every drill. always room for improvement and to help others succeed
Cons: being out in the field is hot and miserable at times but its what i live for
I love what I do in the army national guard. typical work day in the field consist of calling for fire and operating as a team to ensure the job is done safely and correctly.
Serve your country
Canon Crew Member (Current Employee), Vancouver WaJune 29, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Long hours on the few days worked
Exactly how the commercials put it, one weekend a month and two weeks every year. The NG has been great to me and the benefits are endless.
Chance to travel and gain new experiences
Staff Sergeant) Infantry/Engineer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLJune 29, 2015
Pros: tons of benefits
Cons: alot of time away from family
I have been in the Guard for 12 years and regret none of it. It is challenging but the reward is great. I have been on two deployments overseas with the guard and gained a ton of benefits that help my family every day
Experience building and Career advancements
Supply Specialist/Logistics/Transportation (Current Employee), Douglas and Tucson, AZJune 29, 2015
Pros: Knowledge building and culture introduction
Cons: Time away from family and constant on the spot changes
a typical day with the national guard is working on military trucks and driving them. The job held there also consist of supply inventories and/or supply ordering/receiving. You learn team building, communication – more... as well as management skills. The co-workers are well rounded and all have a variety of experience to share with each other for growing purposes. Learning from the senior staff and advancing with more knowledge daily is the most enjoyable part of this job. – less
Great Teamwork oriented environment, expert vital skills training
Network Switch Operator (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJune 28, 2015
You can gain experience from experts in your current field of choice. You can learn life saving techniques that can be used in every day life. You can gain a career long experience of working with or – more... leading a professional team in many environments. As well as training and experience working with any type of equipment, or working in any environment that has to do with your current choice in line of work, as well as working to support those who are in your current line of work. The most enjoyable parts are working with other like minded individuals to accomplish a task. Being lead by professional leaders and managers who seek to ensure that everyone's task leads to the fulfillment of great accomplishments. The hardest part is the downtime, of waiting till you are needed, or traveling to your destination so that you can work in your chosen field. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries