National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,652 reviews matching the search
Great training
Communications specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOJune 27, 2017
The United States National gaurd will prepare you for whatever Job youre seeking to pursue in the military, benefits are good and pay is well. Its an amazing experience and a great cause. Youre even able to pursue a degree while working and its all paid for by them .
Organized, moderate to high temple, educational and structured work invironment
Non-Commission Officer (Former Employee) –  Waimānalo, HIJune 27, 2017
The Army National Guard provided excellent job training, provides ample skills building opportunities, team building association, and offers an array of cultural diversities for their soldiers. Personally, I loved my job and its been one of the best places of employment that I've acquired.
Pros
The benefits are wonderful!
Cons
It can be a high risk environment at times of deployment.
Best decision I ever made
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 27, 2017
The Military is something I plan on being in up until retirement. Every time I put my uniform on I feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. I know there are not a lot of people my age who plan on doing this for life but I am. I worked hard to get where I am at in life and being straightened out by the Army was the best decision.
A great place to learn skills and get an education.
SR Human Resources NCO (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLJune 27, 2017
I joined when I was young and had no idea what I wanted to be when I grew up. I was given a skill and money to go to college. I made lifelong friends and learned to be a leader.
Pros
Travel the world and see new things.
Cons
6 year commitment
exellent
signal satellite communication specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 27, 2017
National Guard provide Exceptional assets, with plenty of compensation with fulfillment of morals and self motivation, a code of honor and respect all
Army NG
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2017
A typical day is preparing the vehicles to travel to various places to conduct training. We usually drive at a minimum of 4 hours to get to our training. When we have home stationed drill, it a lot of busy work and briefings going on. I've learned how to manage time and be a punctual person. The hardest part is constantly readjusting to the rules and regulations of the Army. The most enjoyable if the traveling to new places and learning new skills that contributes to my job and things outside of it.
Pros
Diveristy, traveling, training, obtaining new information.
Great.
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 27, 2017
You get all the rewards of being in the army with the extra of living at home. it has great benifits and can be a good fallback to anyone who was in as well.
Military time
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJune 27, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in the guard. The training was great and the opportunities to get out and see a little of the world were great. It was an awesome experience and a chance to serve my country.
National Guard
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, FLJune 27, 2017
This job was an eye opener with a lot of skills that will stick with you throughout life. I wish we could have done more but the unit needed to work on a few things.
Pros
Friendships
Cons
Leadership
Awesome, fast paced, self-fulfilling
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 27, 2017
A typical day as a Human Resource Specialist is both challenging and fast paced. Generally, an employee can expect to learn how to read, inform, train, and upload the rules and regulations of the Army at all times.
Fast Paced and Competitive
Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 27, 2017
The Army National Guard is a great place to be for someone how's looking for a great challenged. There is great structure and the trust and value each member has for each other is unbreakable.
Productive, Get to know your job
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 27, 2017
You get to hold down two careers at once one for the army and one for your civilian life. You get knowledge and skills required to advance in your civilian careers.
Very Challenging
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 26, 2017
If you want to serve your country and love a challenge then it is great. But it is the Army so it is very physical, stressful, and at times, life threatening.
Pros
One of the most worthy jobs.
Cons
One of the hardest jobs you will ever do.
National Guard Member
Senior Transportation Supervisor/MasterSergeant (Current Employee) –  Piqua, OHJune 26, 2017
Very enjoyable place to work and the benefits that are offered are very good. If I had to start over again I would continue to stay enlisted as long as I am able to and train new soldiers to do their job.
Timing is Everything
Officer Candidate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 26, 2017
Drill was once a month. I learned that the National Guard can be unorganized at times. Didn't really fulfill what I was looking to achieve due to it taking two years for my out of state transfer to process.
great part time job
Allied Transfer Specialist 91E (Former Employee) –  Caguas, PRJune 26, 2017
I can say that in the beginning it was something to look foward but as the time pass i felt disappointment and everything that was offered was being taken away
Pros
free lunch and discounts
Army National Guard that has obvious responsiblities
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Marseilles, ILJune 26, 2017
The Army National Guard performs the duty of protecting the states interests along with the possibility of being activated for federal service. I was a combat engineer in the 233rd Division.
Military summary
92A10 Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Ledge, MIJune 26, 2017
In my time as a supply specialist with the Michigan Army National Guard i have noticed how disorganized the military is. I have learned alot from the military though. Between basic combat training and advanced individual training I have learned how to be a soldier. I have also learned how to be in charge of people and what it takes to work in a supply culture. I have dealt with difficult and unreliable people. I have also found people you can truly depend on. I cant say what the hardest part of the military service is. However the most enjoyable part of it is the unforgettable brothers and sisters I have had the privilege to serve with.
Pros
Free lunches, healthcare, great pay
Cons
early mornings, late nights, disorganized
Amazing
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2017
Was with the Army for 7 years. 4 active. 3 national guard. The Guard really makes for a person who wants to learn the necessary skills to do many job functions as well as serving your country honorably.
Pros
Better self for the future
Satellite Comm. Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 26, 2017
Each day offers a new challenge to overcome. Coworkers are always pushing for bettering each other. Set goals and review of daily tasks to make the future easier to work in and understand issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5