National Guard

4.1K reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

I would not trade it for the world
1st Lieutenant/ Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Russellville, TNAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Job security, Duty to country
Cons: Very stressful. Demanding
It is an honor and privilege to serve my country. I serve one weekend a month, and two weeks out of the year for annual training.
Boring
Medical Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Springfield, ILAugust 2, 2015
The hours were not so great. A typical day would be me receiving all the things we would be stocking for that morning and get them out on the shelves as the managers would tell us how they wanted things to go.
Laid back work environment
Unit Supply Specialist (E-4) (Current Employee), Winston-Salem, NCAugust 2, 2015
Laid back work environment with mellow service members. All about maintaining one's military bearing both in and out of uniform.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Rock Falls, IlAugust 2, 2015
Great people, long days, a good days work never hurt anyone.
Great experience to prepare you for anything, learn great skills that can transfer over into all walks of life.
Exciting, Educating experience
Specialist (Current Employee), Puyallup, WAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Works with your personal life.
Cons: 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks in the summer
Always learning something new, sure your NCO's may be rude at times but will generally work with you to complete at task. Different tasks have varying levels of difficulty but the variety is what makes the job interesting,
task orientanted
Automated Logistics Specialist (92A) (Current Employee), Ottawa, KSJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: pay
For the section I am in get stuck with all the work. Do my best to help other sections when I can. Good for meeting people in all parts of Kansas.
Being an unapprecated veteran
Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Kettering, OhioJuly 30, 2015
I really dislike being in the Army National Guard. I get no respect from my unit or chain of command. I just want to fulfill my obligation of my contract and move on with my life.
Great People, Bad Acknowledgements
88M-Truck Driver (Current Employee), Barstow, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Loved the people
Cons: Armory Seemed Corrupted
Military will always be the Military, they will never recognize the great workers.I was a cook and a truck driver delivering food and drinks to our soldiers.
AWESOME!!
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Crossville, TNJuly 29, 2015
Been in for almost six years. Great experience! Atmosphere is calm and professional during home station drills and eventful and challenging at each training event.
Life changing experience
Automated Logistics Specialist 92A (Former Employee), Brookhaven, MSJuly 29, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Working as a member of the National Guard is one of the best jobs I've ever had. It was such an honor to serve my country and learn certain values and honors.
Transitional position
Department Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches and company car
Cons: no retirement plan
Typical 9-5pm job. I learned to good work ethic in an construction setting. Management allowed me to problem solve and apply to issues that arose. Few co-workers, all office setting. Team focused co-workers. Hardest part of my job was out dated computers and software that hindered admin flow. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills.
need to be the right person
Fires and Effected Coordinator (Current Employee), Colorado Springs COJuly 29, 2015
This is a great career move so long as you are willing to put the work into it. This job requires a great deal of commitment.
Experienced things only 1% of the population will every know.
Truck Driver, Team Leader (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 29, 2015
Traveled the world, experienced many things, some good, some not. Bonded with a group of people in a way most will never know.
Encouraging work environment.
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 29, 2015
Each month we learn and practice our medical skills as combat medics. We always seek to test our knowledge and fellow soldiers to do their best. I'm proud of the work i do and the life I live because of the National Guard.
Human Resources Specialist (42A) (Former Employee), californiaJuly 29, 2015
Great organization to work for. I would recommend that qualified individuals enlist in protecting our nation. Its the greatest reward an employee can ask for.
serving the state and communities
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), St. Martinville, laJuly 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed being able to help those in need during disaterious times. It was very hard work but very rewarding. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather the heat mostly.
Military
Motor Transport Operator-Truck Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: dealing with attitudes from lazy female soldiers
I love my job there's nothing better to do. Great benefits and you get to travel in order to meet new people. great place to work great place to learn
National Guard
Water Purification Supervisor (Current Employee), Ruston, LAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: They pay tuition.
Cons: None.
It is a great job. Paid tuition. A typical day at work includes training on the LET. Light equipment transport. We loaded a tank. Binded it down. And then practiced driving around the camp.
Experience of lifetime
SUPPLY SGT (Current Employee), Saint Martinville, LAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: away from home
You get what you make of it. Fun work place with supportive management. Its an adventure if your a trill seeker. You can also decide what type of job field you wanna choose.
away from town
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
only down side is that sometimes you will have to travel a lot to make your drills. In my case I drive to san Antonio each month
Headquarters