National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,853 reviews matching the search
Best thing that has ever happened to me
Food Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 25, 2017
I've learned so much useful information and skills being in the military and tho the hours are long and the days run together it is all enjoyable.We are always soldiers first therefore the mission is always first.i have joined a brotherhood/sisterhood that will never fail me
Good
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Military Police protect lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations, as well as controlling traffic, preventing crime, and responding to emergencies. Military Police are responsible for providing support to the battlefield by conducting Force Protection, Anti-Terrorism, Area Security, Internment/Resettlement, Maneuver and Mobility Support, Law & Order, and Police Intelligence Operations and crime prevention programs. One of the most important jobs of the Military Police is the security and maintaining the supply route regulation and enforcement.
Best decision of my life
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has allowed me to do many thing that I never would have been able to do other wise. The benefits alone make up for any struggle you have to go through.
excellent staff
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
the workplace environment was laidback during the weekend we trained because everyone was a collective unit to make sure all training and tasks was performed properly.
Exceptional Challenge
Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has provided a large amount of challenge throughout the two years I have been in. The benefits and reward of that service is very much worth the difficulty.
Fun work place
Soldier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2017
Overall good job and room for advancement. The job will get you into the best shape of your life and will teach you a lot about yourself. You will find ways to push yourself as you never had before.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
great for people who want to work civilian side or go to school
SPC (E-4), Information System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29153July 24, 2017
only have to report one weekend a month and two weeks a year, great for people who want to go to school full time or want to work a full time civilian job but still serve their country
US Soldier.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Remington, INJuly 23, 2017
Your serving your country. Performed regular maintenance on military vehicles, knowledge of operating all types of military vehicles, learned to adapt to changing conditions, ability to work as a team to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Serving your country.
Cons
great way to pay for education
spec. 4 (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 23, 2017
I joined right out of high school as a way to go to college. I would recommend this as a first step into adulthood for kids just out of school who need help with education costs and to learn to grow up and be disciplined.
benefits
Cons
long hard hours
Productive and great advancement opportunities.
Public Affairs Broadcast Specialist (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 23, 2017
Full time or part time service to your country and state. New York National Guard offers many opportunities for anyone. Earn money for school and receive benefits while proudly serving your community.
Pros
One weekend a month, two weeks a year.
Cons
Not full time active duty

Want to know more about National Guard?

Ask a question
This is the place to hone leadership skills.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  World WideJuly 23, 2017
No two days are ever the same. This is a fast paced environment in which daily decision have lif and death consequences. During high optempo times work life balance is difficult to attain. However, the rewards are incredible and the lessons learned are invaluable.
Pros
Fast paced, rewarding
Cons
Lack of work life balance, time away from home.
Army Life
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 23, 2017
The military isnt for everyone. It is a great opportunity for anyone since pay is better than minimum wage. All depends on your goals in life. All up to you.
Team Leader - Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 22, 2017
A great way to pay for school and serve your country. The ARNG is a place where young men and women can find their way in life and achieve their goals to the fullest.
Service Always
Healthcare Specialist / Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2017
Great place to hone workplace skills. Keep all original paperwork, get everything in writing, get all the training you can and deploy at least once for 6 months or greater if you intend to have any benefits after separation.
Learn skills to use in the civilian work force
Production Controller (Current Employee) –  Devils Lake, NDJuly 22, 2017
You always are busy doing something weather training or just learning the job. You get paid to go to college. You learn a job skill that can help you in the real world. You have structure and discipline in your life.
Pros
you get paid to do it
Cons
somtimes you have to miss family events
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 22, 2017
Throughout my career of 28 years with the Military I have experienced many changes in administration support staff and managed 130 personnel. It has been my responsibility to train each new person and make them feel comfortable and confident in their new positions.
Best decision I've ever made.
Sergeant E-% (Current Employee) –  Battle Creek, MI 49014July 22, 2017
It has always been my life long dream to serve my country, so I took the first chance I had as a young man to join the Army. I've gained many skills, traits, friends, mentors, and experience in my career thus far.
Career Starter!
Field Artillery Tactical Data Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 22, 2017
Great place to work if you're looking to keep a balance with your civilian job and military. Sometimes you can be challenged here when you're out on the field due to weather and just being out of the comfort of your home, but at the end of the day, you will learn abilities that will help in many civilian jobs.
Pros
Easy Work, Good Benefits
Cons
Stressful when on the field and deployment
fun work place
u.s. army solider (Former Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 22, 2017
i really enjoyed working in the army national guard. i really enjoyed meeting different soliders from different races and being part of a team and being a solider. I really didnt mean doing different types of training and exercising as well as got to travel as well.
Pros
being a solider
Cons
no comments
Military lifestyle
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORJuly 21, 2017
Civilian and military lifestyle intertwine. Can get stressful at times. Camaraderie is great. Would refer anyone who wants to join the service but also dont want to lose/give up their job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5