National Guard
3,846 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Outstanding
Truck Driver (Current Employee), Fort Gordon, GAMay 21, 2015
Fun And Entertaining you get to participate in many different activities and training. We get to do more than expected inside and outside our job description.
It's the military... ish.. haha
Military Police Team Leader/Sergeant/ E-5 (Former Employee), Hartselle, ALMay 21, 2015
Pros: EXPERIENCES!!!!
Cons: the cons are different for each person.
If you enjoy making friends and creating a bond with people that you will hold in such a high regard this is a great opportunity. The National Guard forwarded me MANY great opportunities to do things I never would have dreamed of doing before joining. The only downfall of the National Guard, from my point of view, is being "part time" so you don't have the opportunity to train on actual missions or tasks as much as an active unit may. Most of the drill weekends were very dull and full of "busy work". BUT, the times that you get to travel the world or the country and to do things you have never thought about doing before STRONGLY OUTWEIGH the dull weekends. There is a bit of a problem with the "Good 'Ol Boy System", but I believe that is an issue in active or reserve military. Having said that, it's not as bad as some make it out to be as long as you do what you are supposed to do then the "Good Ol Boys" will not even effect you. They seem to live for drill weekends to be able to wear their rank and push people around, but they don't bother people who do what they are supposed to.
Great for getting through college
Mortarman (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 21, 2015
Pros: Shoot Guns
Cons: Lose a weekend a month
Typical day you will do random tasks and clean equipment. Learn how to be touch, must maintain yourself and your battle buddies. Have fun learning new things with your friends.
National Guard
Enhanced Infantry Brigade Team Leader (Former Employee), Fordyce, ARMay 21, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Deployments
Nine years in the National Guard with two deployments, Saudi Arabia and Iraq. Infantryman with rank of E5 achieved. Great for young people that are single, can get difficult with a spouse and children.
Over all a good place to work
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), WashingtonMay 21, 2015
Not for everyone, but you get to do some very different and often fun things. Pay is decent and they have some good programs to help pay for college.
Great place to become a better person
92 Golf Food Service (Former Employee), Jackson, MSMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Short breaks not many days off
Being able to travel the world and do something you love is amazing. I enjoyed being able to work with amazing people who pushed me to be the best I could be. I learned a lot.
National Guard Officer
Abrams Tank System Maintainer/Ordnance Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Long days/weekend
The national guard is great. It's an extra paycheck each month and drill weekends are always packed with some kind of excitment,
AWESOME!
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMay 20, 2015
This is a great place to learn to be an adult as well as learn to put ARMY values to work for you. The purpose of the Guard is to perform necessary tasks as they are given to you on any given day and do so in a timely and military manner.
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Raeford, NCMay 19, 2015
Overall experience is great. Straight out of high school is the best time to go. Gives you a lot of discipline that you may not already have and benefits.
Remarkable
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 19, 2015
Valuable aspects about life, and keeping healthy. Great learning experiances from everyone who has also gave there time to the Guard.
Works well with civilian life.
25B (Current Employee), Eufaula, AL soon to be Topeka, KSMay 19, 2015
Pros: Once a month, works well with civilian life, good benefits
Cons: hard to get promotions
Typically, I follow my chain of command. I do what tasks are set in front of me with no questions asked. I learn from the soldiers ranked above me and I carry that with me for future references.
Fun place for work and discipilinary
Finance Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 18, 2015
Pros: Learn so much and a really good experience.
Cons: Not enough training materials
It was most enjoyable to meet people and travel to different city and states for 2 week training during the summer. I just wish I had never got out cause I miss the hard core trainings.
United States Military
Corporal (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 18, 2015
Its your typical one weekend a month, two weeks a year. Access to active duty post and benefits alone make it worth the commitment. There are plenty of opportunities for advancement. Great way to give back to the community and receive pay and benefits
Fun job with miniumal committment
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), La Plata, MDMay 17, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Alot of down time
Over all great experience
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Ware, MAMay 16, 2015
Learned how to work on wheeled vehicles for vehicles in the military. I enjoyed learning a skill that could help out in every day life and possibly someday down range.
Overall it is a satisfaction to be a part of the military
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Midwest City, OKMay 16, 2015
I think that there could be better things to benefit soldiers, but that is a government thing.. Hardest part was wanting to be a part of something so bad and not be able to do what you want due to regulations and such. Like for instance, deployment, I would have loved to go serve my country in that way but I was denied based on my MOS..
Productive and challenging work enviroment
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Boise, IDMay 16, 2015
Fast paced and challenging days, always learning new skills and abilities, good leadership from NCO's and officers. The hardest part of the job is sometimes having to drop personal life. The best part is serving my country.
Great atmosphere
National Guardsmen (Current Employee), Red Springs, NCMay 15, 2015
Any branch of the military is going to be a difficult environment to adjust to if you're not ready for it. The military is not for everyone but if you can make it through the initial training and adjust to the lifestyle you can have a start for a great future career path. I chose the national guard for its great benefits towards school.
It's great to serve your country and still have a regular job or school schedule
Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee), AlabamaMay 15, 2015
I can't say too much, as it is the Army, but it's a great experience, meeting new people, traveling for training, and much much more!
Productive job, fun job to work for.
Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), Redmond, ORMay 14, 2015
The National Guard is a fun job, always something going on. Very good work environment, everybody is easy to get along with. The jobs are not hard to do, all you need to know is do your job in a timely manner, and efficiently.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries