National Guard
4,003 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Same as the first comment.
Battalion Career Counselor (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Same from first comment.
Cons: sAME FROM FIRST COMMENT.
Same as the first comment that was given for the Battalion Career Counselor.

On of the best Careers I ever had. had time to work with other soldiers and plan for future events.
Great workplace
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Morals, training
Cons: away from family
The military shaped me to be the man I am today, I wouldn't take back anything I've done while enlisted, and would do it all over again every day.
Challenging workplace with sub par management.
Specialty Branch Officer Strength Manager (Current Employee), Fort Pickett, VAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Poor leadership
The Virginia Army National Guard is a very important part of our nations security and has grown to be a very strong force. However, they have mismanaged and over-promoted their officer force and are now forcing anyone with 20 years of service out.
Awesome
15 P Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTJuly 2, 2015
Working as a soldier in the national guard is enjoyable. If I can get an AGR job it would be one of the best jobs I've had. The management will roll all blame downhill though.
Was a great experience
Infantryman/RTO and Maintenance (Former Employee), Linton, INJuly 2, 2015
The army teaches you a lot about life and makes you appreciate the little things. You get out of it what you put in. I enjoyed all the soldiers I served with.
A workplace with strong culture and drive to improve
Signal System Support Specialist (Current Employee), Reno, NVJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Benefits
The Army National Guard is very interesting and overall great place to be. Enlisted soldiers are pushed by senior enlisted as well as the officers to pursue careers as well as a military career. The military is not fond of people staying stagnant. Always moving forward.
Army National Guard
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great people
My job as a Human Resource Specialist has been second to none.
It has taught me to think on feet and be prepared for anything at anytime. I love being able to help others and work side by side with different people from all over the world.
everyday life experience
11C Indirect Fire Specialist (Former Employee), Forsyth, GAJuly 1, 2015
day to day operations are alright. great team building exercises and able to express yourself. great brotherhood feeling and not being judgmental.
It's a true honor to serve
19K M1 Armor Crewman (Former Employee), Whitehall, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: You gain friendships and loads of experience on life
Cons: No cons
I had no regrets joining the army national guard. The benefits were great and I was able to create a bond with people who I've never met. I learned a lot while serving with the national guard and I truly miss my brother's in arms.
My time in the Guard
Infantryman (Former Employee), TXJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time in the National Guard but I would not do it again. There are a lot of things that I do not agree with, but there are also a lot of great people there.
Overall great place to work
Financial Service Tech/Commercial Accounts/MILPAY (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Great people to work with.
Cons: An hour one way to drive
A typical day for me includes taking care of soldiers making sure that they get paid. Enjoy working with a great group of guys.
A good choice for my families future
Ammunition Specialist (Current Employee), Benson, NCJune 30, 2015
I signed up to do many things; Serve my country, test myself, and most importantlybuild a better future for my family. I attend a once a month Drill in Benson, NC where my unit is located.
Tough but learning tool and sense of accomplishment.
Military Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), New Haven, CTJune 30, 2015
we break down enemy capabilities and through terrain conditions and capabilities of the enemy we create course of action the enemy will take to be successful of their mission. later briefing Army personnel on said course of action and any other important intelligence.
Productive and fun workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Johnston, IAJune 30, 2015
Challenging yet rewarding place to work, no potential for moving forward in my current position. Looking for the opportunity to enhance my skills and knowledge in a new field.
Fast paced work environment
Assistant Operations Officer (Former Employee), Fargo, NDJune 29, 2015
Pros: Coworkers
Cons: Rigid cultuer
There was always something new that kept us on our feet. We worked globally with other Army components. Very faced paced work environment
Productive employment with opportunity to develop many skills
91F Small Arms/Artillery Repairer (Current Employee), Red House, WVJune 29, 2015
Challenging job with lots of opportunity to gain leadership skills as well as excellent teamwork skills. Provides opportunity to engage and help the public during times of crisis. Excellent job to learn multi-tasking and the ability to handle unexpected circumstances that require adjustment of plans. Opportunities to provide guidance and mentor junior personell as well as learn from upper level personell.
Military
Field Artillery (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaJune 29, 2015
Meh, you sign up and thats your life. Education benefits don't kick in until 3 years in the service. Must sign an 8 year contract
fun job
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee), washingtonJune 29, 2015
fun job love blowing things up and hanging out great place to learn responsabilty and get great experance would love to get more involved
Challenging and Rewarding working in Budget Section
Budget Analyst (Former Employee), Camp Mabry, TXJune 29, 2015
As a Budget Analyst I was given the opportunity to get a better understanding of the financial side of supporting company tasks/obligations with personnel and tangible resources(i.e. vehicles, meals, lodging,etc) I became proficient in validating unit requests in accordance with established annual financial budget guidance and military financial regulations.
I worked personally with unit reps as well as individual soldiers when issues arose.
having to tend to the the soldiers welfare
MOS 88M20 NCO Team Leader/Deployment Operations (Current Employee), thomasville,gaJune 29, 2015
Pros: great atmosphere to be around people
Cons: none
PMCS on vehicles making sure they run properly.

paperwork on soldiers to ensure there well being and to help them get promoted.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries