National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,625 reviews matching the search
Typical Day
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 24, 2017
As a manager, I am tasked with a lot of paperwork and forced to make on the spot decisions
I also conduct multiple spot checks to ensure everything has been done accurately
Getting to be awfully politically correct.
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 24, 2017
After 10 years of service I have seen things change over a decade. When I first enlisted people were not as worried about political correctness and other dumb things because it was war time. Now there's nothing better to do than come up with stupid regulations.
Pros
3 Meals a day
Cons
They look like cat food in a tray
Good training
Information Assurance Staff NCO | IT Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 23, 2017
The Louisiana Army National Guard has a great many opportunities to learn new knowledge and to practice different skills. It is an ideal place to learn leadership and management skills.
Infantryman
11 Bravo Infantryman (Current Employee) –  BarrigadaJune 23, 2017
Don't expect to wait around for solutions. You are the problem solver. The National Guard has provided me a family within my unit and a stepping stone into a career outside of the military.
great military opurtunity
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at California National Guard (More than a year)
Pros
As far as employers go the US government is a very stable environment with great benefits to include sick leave, annual leave, and military leave.
Cons
Very slow hiring process and is very adverse to change. They are incredibly set in their ways, it is easy to become complacent in the environment.
Share via Email
Copy LinkFlag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
Sad but true!
ENG DET Heavy Equipment & Concrete (Current Employee) –  Camp Blanding, FLJune 23, 2017
I have been in the Army National Guard for 12 years now and while i have enjoyed the time in, and the places i have experienced. There is a degree of disappointment with the sheer fact that the constant issue with budget cuts, government shutdowns, layoffs and the UN-reliability with on time pay checks that have soured my expectations with the Army National Guard.
Pros
Retirement at 20 years in.
Cons
Monthly drills
The few the proud the strong
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
The army national guard provides an abundance of opportunity while allowing one to balance military and civilian life which is a win-win. You're also provided with the skills needed today to be successful in today's competitive work environment
Pros
Meet new people that become family
Cons
One weekend a month
Served my State Of Georgia and my Country
Special Electronics Devices Repairer (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJune 22, 2017
Well worth the time in services. Well supported. enjoyed my time in the Guard. Very rewarding. Supported other states during disastrous times. Love help others in their needs
Lackluster Management
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 22, 2017
While allowing you to develop skills, this organization fails to hold individuals to a standard and the leadership is spotty at best. Some units you can grow and will be supported in all your endeavors, in others, the management will take advantage of anothers' low rank to make up for their lack of planning.
Fun and totally worth doing
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 22, 2017
Great people and a great experience in general. You will meet a large variety of people and have many new experiences you may never though you could have.l
Productive and diverse workplace
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAJune 22, 2017
There is no typical days but every day will be productive and well managed. I have learned a lot and have many certificates that can be translated to the civilian side employment.
Pros
job security, diverse workplace
Cons
2 weeks out of the summer
its the military
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJune 22, 2017
hard to review the military
you do what youre told without questions
every unit is different and the requirements will depend on your job title
but cant complain, love it
Stress that you thrive in
Team Leader/ Logistics Operator (Current Employee) –  Benson, NCJune 22, 2017
Showing up for formation to make sure everyone is accounted for and arrived safely. Getting the plan of action for the day from our upper level leadership. Setting to accomplishing the tasks put out for us to complete for the day. Able to joke around but not ever lose site of the goal for the day. Getting additional tasks throughout the day but able to adjust to make it all work to arrive at the goal and that is to be the most well trained unit in North Carolina.
Pros
Healthcare/ Atmopshere
Cons
Pay/ Schedual
something new every day.
25U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 22, 2017
Typical work day consists of MOS related training and drills. The National Guard trains soldiers in the military fundamentals and physical readiness. We are trained by our commanding officers and nco's and are required to do online training along with annual field training.
Pros
good people, cross training, cooperative management
Cons
bad food
Hard working
Fuel Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 22, 2017
Have to be a hard worker and team player. It can be hot some days. Some days go by slow and some go by fast. You will not always like what you have to do, but it always has to get done.
benefits
Cons
tiring
not the best
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCJune 22, 2017
not really the best thing to do if you are looking to make some money, or a career, you may as well go active, they get all the praise and benifits anyway, even when you want to switch to active they will keep you in the guard to keep up numbers
Army
Information Technology Specialist (25B) (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJune 22, 2017
A typical day for me is it being very slow. It is very boring, you just sit around for hours until you are released to go home. Horrible pay. Don't get suckered in to enlisting.
Great experience in building relationships
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 22, 2017
VA Army National Guard is great way for someone to experience a taste of military life. Being in the VARNG will allow you to form a bond with others that you will take with you all your life.
come with your game face on
Combat soldier (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GAJune 22, 2017
A typical work day is like trying to fit 30 days of work into 2 days of training.

I've learned leadership, the value of teamwork, you're only as strong as the weakest person in the organization, and loyalty is a must.

Management the get the job done

the culture is Mission first and welfare of the troops.

The hardest part of my job is staying alive in war zones

The most enjoyable part of this job is the family style atmosphere.
Pros
family atmosphere
Cons
longs days
Amazing Opportunity
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJune 22, 2017
I did six years in the Army National Guard. I got to experience many things from working on helicopters and getting to fly in blackhawks, shanooks, and apaches. I met many people and got to experience many places. It is a great choice joining the military. You are taken care of, the benefits and school benefits alone allow you to grow and better yourself. There is room for much growth in the military. By far the best decision I ever made.
Pros
Benefits and the opportunity alone that it brings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5