National Guard
4,132 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Being an unapprecated veteran
Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Kettering, OhioJuly 30, 2015
I really dislike being in the Army National Guard. I get no respect from my unit or chain of command. I just want to fulfill my obligation of my contract and move on with my life.
Great People, Bad Acknowledgements
88M-Truck Driver (Current Employee), Barstow, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Loved the people
Cons: Armory Seemed Corrupted
Military will always be the Military, they will never recognize the great workers.I was a cook and a truck driver delivering food and drinks to our soldiers.
AWESOME!!
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Crossville, TNJuly 29, 2015
Been in for almost six years. Great experience! Atmosphere is calm and professional during home station drills and eventful and challenging at each training event.
Life changing experience
Automated Logistics Specialist 92A (Former Employee), Brookhaven, MSJuly 29, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Working as a member of the National Guard is one of the best jobs I've ever had. It was such an honor to serve my country and learn certain values and honors.
Transitional position
Department Manager (Former Employee), Troy, NYJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches and company car
Cons: no retirement plan
Typical 9-5pm job. I learned to good work ethic in an construction setting. Management allowed me to problem solve and apply to issues that arose. Few co-workers, all office setting. Team focused co-workers. Hardest part of my job was out dated computers and software that hindered admin flow. Most enjoyable part was learning new skills.
need to be the right person
Fires and Effected Coordinator (Current Employee), Colorado Springs COJuly 29, 2015
This is a great career move so long as you are willing to put the work into it. This job requires a great deal of commitment.
Experienced things only 1% of the population will every know.
Truck Driver, Team Leader (Current Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 29, 2015
Traveled the world, experienced many things, some good, some not. Bonded with a group of people in a way most will never know.
Encouraging work environment.
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee), Fort Carson, COJuly 29, 2015
Each month we learn and practice our medical skills as combat medics. We always seek to test our knowledge and fellow soldiers to do their best. I'm proud of the work i do and the life I live because of the National Guard.
Human Resources Specialist (42A) (Former Employee), californiaJuly 29, 2015
Great organization to work for. I would recommend that qualified individuals enlist in protecting our nation. Its the greatest reward an employee can ask for.
serving the state and communities
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), St. Martinville, laJuly 28, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: healthcare
I enjoyed being able to help those in need during disaterious times. It was very hard work but very rewarding. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather the heat mostly.
Military
Motor Transport Operator-Truck Driver (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 28, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: dealing with attitudes from lazy female soldiers
I love my job there's nothing better to do. Great benefits and you get to travel in order to meet new people. great place to work great place to learn
National Guard
Water Purification Supervisor (Current Employee), Ruston, LAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: They pay tuition.
Cons: None.
It is a great job. Paid tuition. A typical day at work includes training on the LET. Light equipment transport. We loaded a tank. Binded it down. And then practiced driving around the camp.
Experience of lifetime
SUPPLY SGT (Current Employee), Saint Martinville, LAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: away from home
You get what you make of it. Fun work place with supportive management. Its an adventure if your a trill seeker. You can also decide what type of job field you wanna choose.
away from town
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 28, 2015
only down side is that sometimes you will have to travel a lot to make your drills. In my case I drive to san Antonio each month
Proactive
Information Technology Specialist (IT) Specialist (Current Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 28, 2015
Supports all technical operations, trouble shooting, repair, analytical and evaluative duties related to Classified and & Unclassified computer networks, telecommunication, cryptographic devices, and/or automation equipment, with primary knowledge requirements of information processing, network management, LAN/WAN methodology, information technology, computer capabilities, security management and processing techniques
Army Reserve = National Guard
Armament Systems OIC (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: More family time
Cons: Lazy man's Army
National Guard is a different type of military. They have a civilian mindset which can affect military bearing. Overall, National Guard Soldiers behave similarly to Reserve Soldiers.
Management Analysts
Management Analyst: GS-0343-11, 1/11 – Present (Current Employee), Tacoma, WAJuly 27, 2015
Pros: I work independly and have a lot of trust from managment
Cons: duel status position, contigent upon active membership, in the Washington Army National Guard
It is a good place to work, management is improving, good team environment.
I assess the budget daily and ensure that there is enough money in the 12 different accounts to pay expenses. I communicate with the National Guard Bureau on a weekly basis to ensure that the proper amount of money is in all of the accounts I use. I also proved power point presentations to management address current finical status and what the projected status will be throughout the fiscal year. I provide input for different courses of actions to medicated upcoming finical concerns. I also work on different projects as assigned by leadership.
Military drill
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Tuskegee, ALJuly 27, 2015
Cons: have to drive 13 hours to drill
I drill once a month and do various task that I'm instructed to do as well as do additional training. I learned a lot at basic such as working together as a team, How to handle a weapon and maintaining yourself a high standard
Productive and Postive Work Place
Recruit Sustainment Program Specialist (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJuly 27, 2015
Maintain and submit transactions daily based on the documents recieved form all levels of personnel. The hardest part of the job is staying motivated but motivation comes from within.
Great Cohesion
Heavy equipment operator (Current Employee), West Monroe, LAJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Great pay
Cons: Extremely long days on occasion
The work day varies. Never a dull moment. Work with a large variety of people. I have learned a lot of skills over my years. I have done a variety of tasks and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries