National Guard
3,555 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

solider
Signal Support Communication Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILMarch 4, 2015
Awesome, great working environment. Requires individual to think on there feet and are required on the outcome they provide
Good
Forward Observer (Current Employee), Madison, WIMarch 3, 2015
I enjoy being in the National Guard. I have drill monthly and will have to have one weekend a month off. I enjoy setting up the radio equipment.
Fun Energetic, No Place Like IT
11B Infantryman (Current Employee), Milledgeville, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: physical fitness, training, and useful resources
Cons: tough training, but thats whys its the army nothings easy
Being able to help out not only our country but our home community in the guard is satisfying and honoring.
Great comrades and leadership in the 48th Brigade.
A job that offers many opportunities
Sergeant/12C - Bridge Builder (Former Employee), Macon, MOMarch 3, 2015
In the National Guard you work one weekend per month and two weeks in the summer. I've learned management skills and self-confidence in the National Guard. Management is excellent. The hardest part of the job is knowing that you could possibly be deployed and be away from your loved ones. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to see places and different cultures I would of never seen if I were not in the guard.
very exciting, really good people to work with
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee), Newark, OHMarch 3, 2015
Go to work at 7:30.Take role call to make sure everyone is there.Get our missions.Go fulfill the missions.Go home at 4:30.And do the same thing on Sunday.
fun place to work.
Specialist (Former Employee), Port Murray, NJMarch 3, 2015
Pros: free food, get to serve my country
i report one weekend a month in the armory for a typical drills. We start off with a morning physical exercise. We then inspect and calibrate all military trucks and equipments. I learned to work as a team and treat others with respect.
"Best job I ever had"
Team Leader/Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fort Lewis, WAMarch 3, 2015
Great place to start. The military will transform you into a very healthy well disciplined person. I credit the military for all my success in life.
never regretted signing up
E-4 Specialist (Current Employee), New Braunfels, TXMarch 2, 2015
The national guard is full of opportunities and is really one of those organizations where you really can take charge of the career in front of you. from military schools to tuition for college i haven't looked back.
PA Army National Guard
Stryker Vehicle Commander (Current Employee), Sergeant, PAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: educational benefits, health insurance etc.
Cons: the hours are incredibly fluid and dictated by situational needs
The typical workday includes a variety of physical tasks, administrative duties, training, and classes.
Management as expected is firm and more often than not fair
The military is a mash up of different people from across the country requiring you to work with multiple personalities
The job itself can be incredibly difficult or incredibly easy depending upon the needs handed down by Military Officers
The variety of experience, locale, and people is the most enjoyable part of this job
productive work place that helps build character
Correctional Officer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 2, 2015
we train one weekend out the month and 2 weeks out the year.
I've learned leadership skills work ethic,
my leaders are very supportive and motivating.
my co-workers and i work together as a team to accomplish our task.
the hardest part of my job is the high stress level environment and leaving my family for long periods of time.
the most enjoyable part of my job is when people come and thank me for my service
Fun at times other times not
electronic detection system repair (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 2, 2015
The National Guard can be great, but it can also be awful at times. You will run into those NCOs the think the are gods gift to earth and no matter what you do is wrong. However it has been a great experience and when you find the right sergeants you will have a great time and they will help you excel in all you do.
SUPPLY
SUPPLY (Former Employee), Saint Joseph, MOMarch 2, 2015
Pros: great work envirnment
Cons: long days
I really did working for the Army. The only thing that I did not really like was when I was in the Navy my job didn't convert over to really anything that I wanted to do.
Greatest Career
92W Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Lee, VAMarch 2, 2015
A typical day in the National Guard is all about understanding your part. Everyone plays their role and do their jobs for a bigger task.You could easily find your self learning other trades. One day you may be a mechanic the next you may be a cook. All depends on where you are needed so my job goes beyond the purification of turbid water.
Fast paced, disciplined environment
Private First Class - Food Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Rosemount, MNMarch 2, 2015
Pros: get to serve my country
Cons: pay
typical day starts in the kitchen at 5 am and ends at 5 pm. Your spent preparing food from 5 am to 10:45 am for lunch service at 11 am to 1 pm. We serve anywhere from 50 to 400 soldiers on any giving day.
always had new experiences
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2015
Pros: able to see and experinc new places
Cons: downtime was so boring
During downtime it was inactive but once we had a mission to accomplish all hands were on board. we learned and experienced many new things and made many new friends.
military
Soldier (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great values
Cons: war
help you value your life.
give you a guid
very good management
co- wokers is very good
the hardest part was the training.
we I went to different place
Great
Air Defense Battle Management System Operator (Current Employee), SCMarch 1, 2015
The national guard is a great place to work and further your career in anything you would like to do. it has great benefits and pay with opportunities to go to school for free.
Learning organizational function and management
Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Chaffee, ARMarch 1, 2015
I maintain wheel vehicles to support artillery maneuver and provide automobile support to an artillery company by diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical problem.
I learned team-work skills and communications. I also understood the hierarchical system, responsibility, and authority.
I have held there different jobs while I have attend to college as full-time.
I always have been curiosity and desired to learn new idea and skills, and I have observed other positions and functions in my job. I have enjoyed my position because I expended my horizon through different experiences and making critical decisions.
It's a military job
Automated Supply Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Piqua, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: only meet one weekend a month and two weeks a year
Cons: must meet height/weight req's and you're in a contract for 4-6 yrs
As it states in the summary, It's a military position only for military personnel or contractors. on any typical day, I might be doing inventory or supply work, and another I might be running errands for our section chief. something new every day.
Interesting to get to know fellow soldiers from varios backgrounds
Medic (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: advanced in rank rapidly
Cons: the military comes first and family second
I trained other medics on basic life saving techniques. I also put my skills to work when duty called. Very satisfying job knowing you are helping fellow soldiers through their illness or injury.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more