National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,507 reviews matching the search
National Guard
Telecommunications Specialist/Helpdesk (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMay 23, 2016
A typical Day at work includes Answering phone calls from subordinate units about commo equipment, Maintaining and fixing Radios, Laptops, Switches, Cables, Routers,Satellite Dishes .
I was also personally managing high valuable items that ranged in value up to $500,000.
I learned how to multi-task under extreme pressure and stress.
I also learned that one must learn to follow before they learn to lead.
The Team Is overall good people that are willing to teach and learn together. The hardest part of the job is being on-call 24/7.
Most enjoyable part was traveling and working with people from different levels of experience.
I would like to reenlist
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMay 22, 2016
The Army National Guard was a great experience
Great people to work with
really good physical training
hardest part of the job was the physical training the most enjoyable part of the army national guard was the friends you make in your training company
Pros
travel
Cons
Away from home for a long period of time
Military Service and Experience
Asst Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore City, MDMay 21, 2016
I joined the National Guard almost 22 years ago. This was one of the best decisions I have ever made. This agency has and continues to give the training and ability to lead troops as well contribute to my community
Great experience
94E Radio Repairer & COMSEC (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VAMay 21, 2016
I learned a new trade and found something I could use outside of the military. I learned how to lead and how work with people who were essentially from all around the US and different countries.
Not good
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Camp, ARMay 20, 2016
This is not a good environment to work at because everyone is out for their own cause and they don't care about anyone also. The good old boy system is still in affect there.
Great
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  GAMay 20, 2016
I have over 16 years of military experience. I have learned several trades from the us army. It involves material handling, management, logistics, and procurement.
BENEFITS
Cons
SACRIFICES
military life
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 20, 2016
The balance between work and life is less than 50/50 as the military has to meet certain obligations at different times and can disrupt family life.
Pros
Awesome environment, great benefits and you learn alot about life and yourself
Cons
can take away from family life
It's a good career choice
Abrams Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Madera, CAMay 20, 2016
Do everything from troubleshooting, maintenance, and fix issues on tanks. Wake up at 0530 work til 2100 and in between time have fun with the guys, enjoying the company of others and building strong bonds
Pros
Great People
Cons
Breakfast sucks
Great Organization!
Private 2, Military Engineer (Current Employee) –  Marrero, LA 70072May 20, 2016
Being in the national guard grants you a alot of benefits including that pay in order to be able to attend college . However the army isn't for everyone it is a great start to a brighter future.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Running
Great opportunity to self-develop yourself
Communications Team Leader/Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 19, 2016
The military gave me a good opportunity to personally grow and challenge myself. I have never pushed myself harder, than when I was in the military. It was great having the ability to network with many people both within the state and also outside of your home-state. I think that the hardest part about the job was the balance of the military, along with your personal life.
Pros
Networking
Cons
It's all about who you know
Would not recomend
Supply Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAMay 19, 2016
Going from active duty Army to the National Guard was a big culture shock. Its just not for me. If you're thinking about joining the military go full time.
Medical Field
Administrative Assistant (GS-07) (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMay 19, 2016
Great experience working in the medical field as a medical assistant. I learned a lot about healthcare. I was an asset to the company I worked for and loved working with patients.
Great Networking-Terrible Benefits
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMay 18, 2016
More paperwork and administrative requirements than actual training until, that is, we conduct annual training for 18-21 days out of the year. That is when all the planning comes together to produce a non-stop, action-packed experience that culminates in live fire exercises and finishes with a cookout to enhance camaraderie.

If you're physically fit and up for a challenge this may be a great experience for you.
Pros
Free food, free clothes, free boots, good people
Cons
Low pay, lots of cleaning, there's no such thing as a free lunch.
Medical Records Manager/Federal Technician GS704 (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 18, 2016
I love going to work and spending the day with the people I work with. We have a good team. National Guard is the best kept secret. They pay for education, give you job training and train you how to be a leader.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
retirments puts one out of a job
Happy I joined
Staff Sergeant Reservist; Generator Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Bozeman, MTMay 17, 2016
Oversee a team on generator mechanics
how to rebuild and fix different types of generators
can always count on my supervisors
co-workers are like family
Pros
learning new skill
Cons
deployments
I absolutely was honored to have served.
Chemical Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 17, 2016
The management was excellent. Team members were the best. I was honored to serve. If I could do it all again I would. Having served my country within the Army National Guard helped to better myself both individually and professionally.
Pros
Great team of people to work with.
Cons
Great and challenging place to work and grow
Automated Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 17, 2016
I have learned how to work well with a team and build cohesion. This job keeps you busy and helps you grow. Also I was able to travel different places to do my job while enjoying myself. The company has many perks and benefits.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Some workers do not pull their own weight
Productive and Inspiring Career
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNMay 17, 2016
I have been in the Army National Guard for 10 years. Overall it has been an amazing career and I would recommend joining the Armed Forces to anyone looking for a new adventure in life!
America!
Construction Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 17, 2016
I have learned every important lesson from joining the ARMY.
Loyalty, Duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity and personal courage.
123rd Personnel Detachment
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 17, 2016
It was an great unit to be a member of. The staff there was awesome and family orientated. My first deployment was with this unit. I am at my finally stage in preparing for my military retirement after completing 20+ years. I do not regret my decision to serve, honor and protect my country.
Pros
Benefits and Retirment Goals

4.5