National Guard
3,675 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Change your life around
Senior Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Gives you a better lifestyle
Cons: You have to actualy work
The National Guard can help you change your life, become a leader, and help pay for an education. There are numerous different job opportunities, from desk work, engineers, communications, and much more.
military
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: friendship
Cons: no say
being in the military is hard and a person's home life. the benifits out weigh the bad parts. sure deployments are hard but knowing that you are defending your country makes up for that.
Be all that you can be.
Tank Crewman (Former Employee), Williamson, WVMarch 31, 2015
Pros: LOVED IT
I joined the guard to be an active part of my country. I had a blast in learning the different military tanks, getting to drive, load, gunner and even tank commander. I only thing I regret is not make a life time career out of it.
Great company to work for
Infantry (Current Employee), Middleboro, MAMarch 30, 2015
Working with the Army has taught me about leadership skills, communication, being a good valued employee, being the best that i can be an always being prepared to handle any type of work safely.

Typical work day includes being on time to the job ready to start the work day, prepared for the type of work for the day, getting the job done on time and in a safe manor.

Management is fantastic. knowledgable, highly skilled in the type of work that we do, great teachers and mentors.

co-workers are awesome. We always work in a team to make sure everything is done safely and finished on time, very friendly and everyone is easy to work with.

Most enjoyable part of my day is knowing that i can always be there to serve my community and be there with my team/co-workers whenever they need me to.
its not just 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year
Behavioral Health Specialist (Current Employee), Cheyenne, WYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: inexpencive healthcare
Cons: have to maintain physical fitness
not really complaining about the national guard. they offer great benefits.

but be warned, its not just 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. you have to maintain your physical fitness to meet the standards. have to use your own time to do online job training. if your in a leadership position be ready to message your group every month to let them know when drill is.

but the NG is great for getting an extra paycheck, cheap healthcare, and school benefits
Productive, fast past enviroment, lots of great opportunities to meet people
Patient Administration Specialist (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 30, 2015
A typical work day is pulling and filing patients medical records, answering phones, and answering any questions that arise. I've learned a lot by being in the military. A lot about myself and what you can accomplish by putting in hard work and dedication.
Its the army
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Howell, MIMarch 30, 2015
Its the army.
You receive the benefits you are promised.
Just expect to fight through red tape to get them.
Co-Workers are mixed from people I was proud to serve with to those not deserving of the uniform
Great opportunities and career advancements
Sergeant - E5 (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Learning experiences
Cons: Working in the elements
A workplace which provides you with the job skills needed in the world today. Proper disciplines and characteristics to get the job done. I have been trusted to supervise 3-6 soldiers, sometimes more, to train and execute tasks. Field Artillery is the king of the battlefield and when we are called upon there are many job functions that need to take place in order to operate. From driving, clearing, security, communication, dismounting and mounting, accountability of equipment and personnel, knowledge of targeting and mechanics, firing and clearing equipment, and many other details. There is no room for mistakes while everyone has to be able to work as a team and be able to perform tasks quickly.
high energy place
Military (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXMarch 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch and education
Cons: war
there is all ways something to do and long days but plenty to travel with a system that your work ethic decides how far you go
Drill one weekend every month
W Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee), las vegasMarch 30, 2015
Learned a lot from the military, started as a private now about to be an Army Officer. It's a fun journey. We go on different trainings and you learn to become a better leader everytime.
ARMY
Sergeant E-5 Squad Leader/Acting Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee), Bedford, INMarch 29, 2015
the best choice I made in life. my school is paid for, advancement is there. great management. serve your country while it serves you.
Exciting
Active Guard Reserve Judge Advocate (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FLMarch 29, 2015
Service as a full time National Guardsman was exciting & wonderful. I got to serve my Country & State as well as my fellow citizens.
Great benefits and easy money
Horizontal Construction Engineer, Combat engineer (Current Employee), West Orange, NJMarch 29, 2015
great benefits. go to school for free and earn easy just going to school and for the weekend a month alsoeasy to earn cdl. a lot of learning and good training.
Weekend Warrior
Military Police (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Feel good about the work I do.
Cons: Rank is the only thing that matters.
Its quite fun. It takes a lot of personal time though. You cannot expect to reach your goals with your hands in your pockets.
It's the military
UAS Operator (Current Employee), North CarolinaMarch 29, 2015
The people that I get to work with each month makes me want to stay in the NG. The amount of work we get done when everyone comes together in two to three days definitely makes it worth going to drill each and every month.
Being lead by the lost
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 28, 2015
Pros: job security, travel
Cons: Lack of cohesion and leadership
due to a lack of communication and leadership responsibility, every day seemed like a constant challenge to see who was in charge and could actually make a decision. As a Non-Commissioned Officer, I was used to making decisions and being held accountable to them as well as being supported by my supervisors when I made a decision that affected the missions completion. When there is no support coming from the top, it is hard to get the job done in a timely manner.
Fun place to work
Military (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: N/A
I learned a lot about myself and the things that i can do if there wasn't any doubt in my mind. The Army taught me that I am much more than I give myself credit for.
awsome work place
Machinist (91E) (Current Employee), PRMarch 27, 2015
Pros: good benefit
Cons: we don't have exit hours
The important of team work for us its essential, nobody let behind in the work place. We help each other to complete the mission, its hard work, but we enjoyed.
Missouri Army National Guard
Unit Supply Noncommissioned Officer (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benifits
Cons: Deployments
The Army National Guard is a very rewarding and sometimes very demanding organization. I have had the opportunity to attain additional skills in logistics, training and some administrative work as well as operational knowledge on various vehicles such as forklifts and other military transport vehicles. My co-workers and I work together as a team to complete larger task in order to be more efficient. The hardest part of the job comes around inspection time but the most enjoyable part is passing the inspection with a commendable rating.
Honored to serve our great country
Sr. Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee), VAMarch 25, 2015
Dedicate co-workers. Well trained and committed individuals with great understanding of teamwork. Honor and privilege working with dedicate soldiers sworn to protect this great nation.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries