National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,830 reviews matching the search
good
Vertical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJuly 20, 2017
Good time, no complaints. Overall good experiences, would sign up again. would offer things is alright happy okay good work life balance. No major complaints.
National Guard
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Port Orchard, WAJuly 20, 2017
the army national guard is a great place to work at. it has great benefits. There's great opportunity to meet new people and make great friends. Even though, some days are really boring and have to sit down most of the day. Having people around you, makes it great.
fun doing the job advancement was a joke
Maintainer (Former Employee) –  jblm WashingtonJuly 20, 2017
i loved working here but advancing was impossible due to so many people and so few slots. That and the fact that the national guard was changing its policies so that if you had been in for 7 years and did great work it still wouldn't matter because you need a degree to advance even if the degree had no relevance.
A Great Opportunity
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Albans, WVJuly 20, 2017
My first job after high school. Great opportunity to learn a career and go to college. Glad I did it. Wish this site didn't demand a minimum of 150 characters for a job I did 37 years ago.
Service to Country
Transportation Section Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIJuly 20, 2017
The Army National Guard is a great place for a young person to gain valuable life experience, that will come with pay and benefits, and will instill discipline and foster maturity.
Army NG
2nd Lieutenant and Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
A great organization to be a part of. I been in for three years now and I could have ask for anything better. My unit is very understandable and help you progress in your future career.
Work Place
Equipment and Parts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 20, 2017
I have learned how to be head strong, independent, and more importantly dependable thanks to the National Guard. The hardest part is the occasional being away from my family.
Good, professional enviornment
Human Resource Officer (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 20, 2017
The atmosphere is primarily an office atmosphere, but the military side to it keeps work refreshing and challenging. One day you could be helping soldiers to process certain documents to help in their career on the civilian side and the next you could be arranging for an appointment to the soldier's healthcare provider. The work is steady and various.
Pros
good enviornment, and helpful staff.
Cons
balancing time between military and civilain obligations.
Good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 20, 2017
Please hire me i need to support my family and one of my kids have cancer i need this job i promise you guys ill to the best i can i just really want to help my kid do you guys know how it feels to see your kid suffering and i cant do anything cuss i don't have money i need this job please for my little boy joe
Pros
N/a
Cons
Short brakes
Fun and fast paced
Cannon Crewman (Current Employee) –  Longview, WAJuly 20, 2017
Understanding the weapon systems we use on a day to day basis. Get a feel of the military life as well as the comradery that only the military has to offer.
Army
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2017
If you want to earn extra money and get help with paying for a degree and you do not mind once a month and possible being gone 2 weeks or longer ever year. Than the National Guard is for you
Many benefits to becoming a stronger individual
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Carthage, ILJuly 19, 2017
The life as a soldier in the Army National Guard can be very difficult to balance. One must stay internally motivated and make the best out of the opportunities given to them. I am thankful for the discipline and integrity serving has instilled in me.
Pros
Excellent work experiences
over a family
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 19, 2017
The national guard is a wonderful organization to be a part of especially for a college student or someone that wants to be a part of the military but do not want to enlist or join active duty.
N/a
Culinary specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 19, 2017
The national guard is a good place to start with great benefits. Every benefit you truly work for. every day you have to find a balance with your personal life and work life.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Under funded Military
Medical Specialist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 19, 2017
Only take this job if you are desperate. Poor management, low funding, and limited options for advancement. Work environment is mostly hostile to unfamiliar personal.
Pros
Access to healthcare, and Military resources
Cons
Work environment, Management, Training/opportunities
Great medical facility.
Combat Medic/ Health Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJuly 19, 2017
Job was relatively easy, did health assessments for soldiers to make sure these soldiers were mission capable for the whole state. Worked on the hearing booth the most.
Drill weekend
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 19, 2017
Since we only meet with our unit once a weekend a month, when we are on duty for the week, we have a lot of maintenance and documents that need to be addressed before the end of drill weekend.
Pros
An hour lunch
Cons
Long hours of just waiting
It's a job
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  IowaJuly 19, 2017
There are a lot of reasons you should consider becoming a member of our team. Although life in the military is not easy, it is extremely rewarding both personally and in terms of the benefits our members enjoy.
The Guard
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCJuly 19, 2017
An interesting workplace that keeps all on their toes. Throughout my time in the service I have grown as a person and am not the same individual that entered 4 years ago.
American Soldier
PFC/E-3 (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 19, 2017
Most rewarding career you will find. Great steady pay and benefits. Opportunity to travel, career advancement. Helps you grow up and get into shape. Physically and mentally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5