National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,712 reviews matching the search
Was honored to serve.
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXFebruary 19, 2017
The military provided me with everything I needed to provide for my family. It allowed me the opportunity to grow professionally and as a person.
Pros
Benefits and travel
Cons
Benefits and travel
Productive and fun people to work with
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAFebruary 18, 2017
My time with the National guard has been very fun. We know how to joke and get things done at the same time. The people are like a tightly knit family. We always enjoy challenges of the different vehicles that are brought in. I also feel like working with the National Guard I have great mechanical skills that can apply to my civilian life.
Great from what I saw of it.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 17, 2017
I wasn't in the guard long enough to provide any meaningful feedback.From what I experienced, it was a positive environment with friendly people. The people there make coworkers feel more like friends or family.
Army National Guard was an honor to be apart of.
Sgt. Lilenquist (Former Employee) –  Spanish Fork, UT 84660February 17, 2017
Joining the military teaches you so many good life lessons plus you have a sense of honor and it makes you feel proud to be apart of something so great.
Pros
Endless opportunities
Cons
Being away from family
Great career booster
Soldier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2017
Helps create great work ethic, and teaches you to work well as a team. Can be difficult, and stressful, but overall extremely rewarding. Passionate coworkers as well.
Everyday you learn something new and you're surrounded with people who have the same aspirations as you to saurian in life
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNFebruary 17, 2017
Every drill is filled with a busy schedule. Everyone is always doing something. Leadership is always around to give subordinate a hand or advice. The atmosphere is always safe and positive.
great career option
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Blackstone, VAFebruary 17, 2017
work full time on active orders and the pay was great. barracks was livable and decent. the people i worked with are amazing. i love it.
n/a
Inventory Clerk/Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 17, 2017
Requires hard work, skill, and dedication. A good place to work. If you want a long lasting career that will take you places, the Army National Guard is the way to go.
Military Service
Commissions Liaison Officer (Former Employee) –  Guantanamo Bay, CubaFebruary 17, 2017
The military has given me experiences I could never have dreamed of. The chance to serve the people of my state and Country in the times it needs us the most. The military has been very good to me and my family and I appreciate the opportunity to serve this great Nation of ours.
national Guard
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSFebruary 16, 2017
The national Guard is a great experience and gave me a lot of life skills such as working under pressure. I was active for four years and then transitioned to the national guard as part time military.
Great Opportunity
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYFebruary 16, 2017
Being in the National Guard can be challenging but it is definitely worth it. You will feel great pride in what you do and accomplishment in your achievements. It is a great opportunity for those who want to serve their country and pursue a civilian career at the same time.
Pros
Educational and healthcare benefits.
Cons
Long work days
Excellent
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Moberly, MO 65270February 16, 2017
It's an outstanding position that allows one to increase their experience with their abilities and knowledge of the going abouts of our different levels of government. It was a fun experience and would be glad to do again.
"It's the Army"
Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 16, 2017
The Army took a 17 year old Boy and gave him the skills and confidence it took to succeed. It taught me how to handle different task that life will throw at me. Any Where from Employment, relationships, hard times and of course the battlefield.
Pros
Teaches structure, job security, room for advancement.
Cons
Well there is the one major con
Great
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEFebruary 16, 2017
Good training. Leadership is as good as anywhere else. Just people doing people things. It gives good training. If you want to do it then do it. Its good and stuff
Job summary
Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day consisted of going to the field staying in barricks or sleeping on the ground in a wooded area. I learned my job in artillery of which I gained the extra skill of reading a military map. Management was ok as long as you are liked. I thought that the workplace culture was interesting. It was definitly more of a brotherhood in military culture. The hardest part of the job was being on long deployments away from my family. The most enjoyable part was that we were there for each other.
Pros
medical benefits, life insurance, va benefits
Cons
There's always something to learn everyday.
US Army National Guard soldier (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoFebruary 16, 2017
The people around my work place is very creative. We learn about personal defense and how to react to possible attacks. Most of our job is to drive trucks so that's what we enjoy the most. I will say that the hardest part of the job is to load heavy equipment but we do it together as a group.
benefits
Cons
low pay
Great experience
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Ozark, ARFebruary 16, 2017
I would say that becoming a soldier helped me mature at a young age and helped me become a more well rounded person. I went through boot camp at age 17 and grew up in a big hurry. Very thankful for thr guard and my brothers I had the pleasure to serve with.
Good
25N Nodal Network Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NEFebruary 16, 2017
Good way to test out the military and see how you feel about it. It makes you feel like you belong to something bigger than your self while advancing yourself in the Civilian World
Great atmosphere, very educational, and very fulfilling
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Albany, INFebruary 15, 2017
Can learn alot not just about your own job but about others, advancement is there no matter what just depends on how far you want to go. Teaches good leadership skills, orgazational skills, and gives you a sense of accomplishment.
Outstanding Environment
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Atmore, ALFebruary 15, 2017
Great place to meet people from all walks of life to learn from. Where to receive knowledge that will last a lifetime. Where discipline is taught if it wasn't taught at home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5