National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,942 reviews matching the search
Fun place
(19D) Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 29, 2017
The army is great. As far as growth you're forced to grow in the military. So you learn a lot about yourself and what you're capable of. Best decision I made.
Un-Productive and time waisting
Junior Enlisted Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NC 28054March 29, 2017
I am bitter towards the NG. I would never recommend the NG to anyone. I should have stayed on active duty. It is so hard and demanding to keep up with the guard and civilian life. If you want to gain rank fast you better be willing to travel 3+ hours from your house, and you are not re-embursed for milage or travel or lodging if you choose not to stay in the armory. The guard is definatley not for me.
Pros
health care coverage and dental coverage
Cons
Deployments and having to put your normal civlian life on hold.
Great way to serve
Private First Class (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 29, 2017
It is a great way to serve for those who are going to school or have a full-time job only one weekend a month and has great benefits for those in school they can pay for your classes and still earn money for going to school.
Very good Place to work
Recruiter and Retention Non Commisioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FL 33617March 29, 2017
Very intense job where the best satisfaction is to chenge the lives of many individuals.
Long hours and flexibility was a must
Very friendly work environment
Pros
Help others, health care great benefits
Cons
Go for it! Much worth the decision
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Kutztown, PAMarch 29, 2017
Not bad . You get what you give.Just understand when you sign the contract that you must meet your end of the obligation to the military standard. Make no excuses and become the best person you can be. Your unit/section with become like family if you have their back they will have yours no question.
Pros
Advancement and overall opportunity to develop your self
Cons
Politics at times, common sense lacks some times from NCO's
Interesting workplace with valuable training
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAMarch 29, 2017
Usually it's a once a month, one weekend job ranging from nine to ten hour work days. Work days are usually eventful and sometimes stressful and long. Over the years I've had a lot of strenuous training. Things learned in the military can also be used in the civilian world. Although it's a very relaxed environment, things can get hectic and the pace may speed up. We are all close nit and work together for every project to meet deadlines. Overall, it's by far one of the best experiences of my life.
Pros
Irreplaceable training, healthcare advantages, meeting people from all walks of life, and experiencing something new.
Cons
Early mornings-late nights and sometimes being away from family.
National Guard
Military Police Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Glen Jean, WVMarch 29, 2017
great experience and opportunities. Lets you travel and meet new people. You will be apart of the 1% of the nation who serve the country. There is nothing better than that!
Loved it
25Q Multi-Channel Communication Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMarch 29, 2017
I absolutely loved being in the National Guard! They take care of you and you get to experience a lot of really cool things. However, you do have to be very fluent in being able to take orders.
Great job training
WHEELED VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 29, 2017
My time in the Guard has given me the opportunity to travel and meet new people and gain great job experience, and doTh Made friendships to last a lifetime.
Chance to serve my country
Fire Support Officer (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 28, 2017
I was given a chance to serve my country and go on two different deployments in the first 8 years. As a soldier you are given a constant chance to improve and better yourself.
get what you put into it
Title - Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  National, WVMarch 28, 2017
You can go as far as you wanna go if you are good at your job. it doesnt hurt to be able to speak well, as there is a political nature to it. If you do end up in trouble for whatever reason, may god have mercy on you, because the army will not.
Pros
Guns, money, world travel, and life long friends.
Great starting point
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720March 28, 2017
I think joining the national guard is a great starting point for those that don't know if a full time commitment is worth it. It provides you necessary life skills while still being able to maintain a civilian life.
Pros
Healthcare, id card privileges, traveling
This we'll defend
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91Bravo) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2017
Prepare for comradory and long work days in the field or wherever your work environment is. The Army is a massive machine that has a lot of moving parts and therefor a lot of miscommunication happens causing a delay in response to many issues.
Pros
Free School, Shooting, Forced physical fitness
Cons
scumbag soldiers and leadership occasionally
Great place to be aprt of
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 28, 2017
Being in the military is a great for young adults male and female. It helps you grow up as a young person. It has all aspects of jobs that you can think of. High variety of jobs to help you in future job searches
Free trips to the middle east
Finance Tech (Former Employee) –  West Newton, MAMarch 28, 2017
It's the Massachusetts ARMY National Guard. What else can be said that people haven't heard yet? You go, get good, get paid, go home. Just stay away from the veggie MREs.
Pros
Deployment pay
Administrative
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2017
Use of computers and automated phones,
I learned how to be a readiness technician,
Management was ok to work with.
Learning Flight Operations was difficult for me to learn
Helping Service members into bettering their careers in the military.
Rewarding Work
Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 28, 2017
Serving in the MNARNG is one of the highlights of my life. I have never been so challenged to make myself the best I could be as I was in the guard. Serving my country both locally and abroad has tested me in unimaginable ways. I miss my time in service immensely.
What to say
13f, Abrams Crewman, Medical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 28, 2017
If you like sitting on your butt during drill and flying to anchorage than this is the job for you. The Guard is mostly driven outta anchorage and all the brass down there could give two craps about anyone in other communities including Fairbanks. But hey if you live in anchorage this is a good deal. And this is coming from an 16 year veteran so not something to blow off.
Changed me
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2017
Made me a far better human being, went from doing all the wrong in highschool to being clean for 5 years now. More mentally and physically fit and determined to do my best
92A automated logistic specialist
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 28, 2017
A normal day at work included inventory customer relations working with ulls-a or sams-e sestems also may require going to the supply support activity (ssa) to process parts or to pick up parts that we had ordered

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5