National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,405 reviews matching the search
i served
motor pool coodinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2016
i joined the nation guard at 18 because i wanted to serve my country, it gave a lot opportunity to meet many people in my life that if not for the guard i would never had, it gave me the opportunity in my life that would not have happened if i didn't join
Pros
i served my country
Cons
i was getting burned out
It's like the Army
PARALEGAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 28, 2016
If you want to know about the military speak with someone who has been through it and then speak to their friend. One of them will be excited the other will not.
Benefits
Cons
Not like the regular Army you train for
had a lot of good training during war games
Telecommunications Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
i was told if i go to 13b school and pass the course i would get promoted and i never did they lied to and i never got promoted. would not serve c-btry 2-144fa again
Pros
good training
Cons
9yrs of service and no promotion
Soldier
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 27, 2016
There was no typical day in the military because as a soldier you do whatever the above rank tells you to do. We drove truck by hauling supplies and other soldiers. I learned how to become a soldier. Most of the other soldiers are great to work with since no soldier gets left behind. I found the hardest part was being away from family during deployment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to just be a soldier and do everything you need to do to get the job done.
benefits
Great experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
Wonderful experience, enjoyed the entire job except the Contract ended. Would have stayed there forever, however, the conract was not renewed because of funds.
Best decision I made
Sergeant, M1A1 Tank Gunner (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAApril 27, 2016
Excellent experience for life and country. Great group of guys I have ever worked with and glad that i made the choice to join the Army.
Great Place to get your life stareted
PFC (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
The national guard got my life started with education. The army wants its soldiers to be ready for life so they dedicate their soldiers in getting all kinds of training including education.
A place that provides structure and discpline
"Just Choo"- Personal Chef (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 27, 2016
I entered the National Guard a year after I graduated from High school. The atmosphere provided the structure and the stability I needed at the time. I was able to meet soldiers who had been in the guard for over 25 years. They became mentors and taught me self discipline.
Supervisory Chaplain Assistant
Supervisory State Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
Assist in counseling and pre-screening individuals suffering traumatic events or employ crisis intervention techniques. Provide support to upwards of 2400 DOD Civilian, family members and Military personal.
Pros
Free Lunches, Opportunities for schools and professional development
Cons
Healthcare is not as comparable to the civilian sector
Military
NODAL NETWORK SYSTEMS OPERATOR AND MAINTAINER (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 25, 2016
See a recruiter if you want to get a career in the Michigan Army National Guard. Effective leadership. Good place to grow technical experience.
moral value
Service Member (Former Employee) –  Springville, ALApril 25, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job in the military is that i can learn new things and understand how things were back in the days when my sgt's were in my shoes. A typical day for me is early wake up and then first formation, after that start on what was our daily routine of the day.
It's a good job but not easy
Ga - Combat Medic (68w) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 25, 2016
One of the most difficult things I've done in my life, but has definitely made me stronger. I learned a lot more about being a leader and organizational skills.
Fun, heavy activity, self- discipline, courageous
Military Police/Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kapolei, HIApril 24, 2016
Being a part of that 1% makes you feel worth serving your country as well as being a part of your state. Some days may feel long and dragging and their would be some days it is fast pace.
Cons
Long days, weekend away from family
Great part time job
88M Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 24, 2016
I would suggest if your trying to have a steady part time job that gets you away from your civilian life or your wife then join the guard.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Low salary when you first start
Productive work environment
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Pinellas Park, FLApril 22, 2016
A typical day at work is maintainence work on vehicle assigned. Long day out in the field. The hardest part of this job is dealing with the heat but you get use too it.
Serene working environment
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 22, 2016
Great co-workers with outstanding team players and very professional management team . I learned to be a good team player and to share ideas about a particular task.
Fun and friendly environment with a lot of guns.
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Jericho, VTApril 22, 2016
There isn't a whole lot of jobs that allow you to shoot guns and blow stuff up on a regular basis. The people who you get to work with are some of the best people I have ever had the opportunity to work with.
Pros
Good benefits
Automated Logistical Specialt 92A
Supply Sergeant (92A) (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHApril 22, 2016
The Automated Logistical Specialist is primarily responsible for supervising and performing management or warehouse functions in order to maintain equipment records and parts.

Establishes and maintains stock records and other documents such as inventory, material control, accounting and supply reports. Establishes and maintains automated and manual accounting records, posts receipts and turn-ins, and performs dues-ins and dues-outs accounting.

Corrects error and exception documents. Reviews and verifies quantities received against bills of lading, contracts, purchase requests, and shipping documents. Unloads, unpacks, visually inspects, counts, segregates, pelletizes, and stores incoming supplies and equipment. Maintains stock locator system and administers document control procedures.
Productive but sometimes time consuming
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  ArkansasApril 21, 2016
A typical day depends on what comes down from the higher ups. Physical training. Some time long days, family orientated and good for networking
Pros
you meet tons of people
Cons
Hurry up and wait
its the army
E-4/Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAApril 21, 2016
join the army... go talk to your recruiter and make a decision for yourself. My one piece of advice is to find a job you like

4.5