National Guard
3,540 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

military
Soldier (Former Employee), Lincolnton, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: great values
Cons: war
help you value your life.
give you a guid
very good management
co- wokers is very good
the hardest part was the training.
we I went to different place
Great
Air Defense Battle Management System Operator (Current Employee), SCMarch 1, 2015
The national guard is a great place to work and further your career in anything you would like to do. it has great benefits and pay with opportunities to go to school for free.
Learning organizational function and management
Mechanic (Current Employee), Fort Chaffee, ARMarch 1, 2015
I maintain wheel vehicles to support artillery maneuver and provide automobile support to an artillery company by diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical problem.
I learned team-work skills and communications. I also understood the hierarchical system, responsibility, and authority.
I have held there different jobs while I have attend to college as full-time.
I always have been curiosity and desired to learn new idea and skills, and I have observed other positions and functions in my job. I have enjoyed my position because I expended my horizon through different experiences and making critical decisions.
It's a military job
Automated Supply Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Piqua, OHMarch 1, 2015
Pros: only meet one weekend a month and two weeks a year
Cons: must meet height/weight req's and you're in a contract for 4-6 yrs
As it states in the summary, It's a military position only for military personnel or contractors. on any typical day, I might be doing inventory or supply work, and another I might be running errands for our section chief. something new every day.
Interesting to get to know fellow soldiers from varios backgrounds
Medic (Former Employee), Flint, MIFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: advanced in rank rapidly
Cons: the military comes first and family second
I trained other medics on basic life saving techniques. I also put my skills to work when duty called. Very satisfying job knowing you are helping fellow soldiers through their illness or injury.
Military Service
IT Technician (Current Employee), Natick, MAFebruary 28, 2015
I have been a Soldier in an Active Duty Component for eight years. I joined the National Guard and from just the short time I have been a soldier, I wish I would have stayed in the Guard many years ago.
Learning
92Y / Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Dillon, SCFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: experiences
Cons: away from family
The national Guard to me was a great learning curve that I think all American should go through. I got to travel the world and experience a lot of cultures in the process. I learned a lot of life skills that can be put towards just about any experience I encounter in the civilian world.
Proud to be a member of the Maryland Army National Guard!
11C Indirect Fire Infantryman (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: gi bill, survival skills
Cons: small time windows for training.
Learning new skills in security. The guard teaches you all skills that a active soldier would have. You just don't get all the training to get the muscle memory. I have awesome NCO's! Only doing weekends makes hard work to get the mission completed.
Structured and Only work one weekend a month
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Greenbelt, MDFebruary 27, 2015
Monthly duties of a Petroleum Supply Specialist in the National Guard.
Duties that are required for being apart of the National Guard.
Hard work that develops you into a professional
Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 26, 2015
There's a lot of sacrifices that you have to make. In the end this all gives you time management skills as well as discipline. There are a lot of rules and regulations that you have to follow.

What you put into it, you will definitely get out.
Military environment with civilian co-workers
Financial Services Technician (Current Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 26, 2015
Typical office environment - working with multiple computer systems to ensure prompt payment of outstanding contracts
Awesome people and learning environment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (92F) (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: being a part of something worthy
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is roll call followed by an awesome experience daily. I find myself looking forward to the next weekend drill every month. The co-workers are friendly and knowledgeable and are willing to help. the hardest part of the job is training out in the elements but the most rewarding is the experience you get from the training.
good people
transportation operator (Former Employee), Sturgis MiFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: learn new things and meet many new people
Cons: deployments
formation at 0730 receive daily task and perform given task. stack trailers and properly secure them downwith chains and binders and un load other trailers and then re-stack them.
Hard place to work
Infantry Specialist (Current Employee), River Falls, WIFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: involves a lot of teamwork
Cons: repetitive
Working at Quality Pork Products is a very labor intensive job. Most of the jobs are very repetitive and can be boring. All that being said, you build teamwork skills that a lot of other industries can not duplicate.
N/A
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2015
Trained in all areas of Human Resources, skilled in Personnel record keeping, Data entry, Automation, Awards, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and many payroll programs i.e. Oracle) typing speed 50 WPM.!
A!ssigned to Illinois Army National Guard state headquarters!
Team Leader: !
Break large projects down into smaller pieces, prioritize goals and assigned as seen fit, strong training skills. ! Trained and supervised seven soldiers in the Human Resources Office and achieved significant improvements in their productivity.!
Streamlined and maintained a record system that increased office output by 7%.!
Provided and organized daily reports and notification for unit commanders.!
Instrumental in the deployment of Illinois Army National Guard 33BCT Unit during the years of 2006-2008, also facil!itated soldiers reintegration. !
Average place to work.
Signal support specialist (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: not enough family time
Average place to work with a lot of improvisation and lack of planning. Poor leadership from superiors. You really need to be moved for the military to be able to stay.
It's an okay organization
Specialist - Engineer (Former Employee), Summerville, SCFebruary 24, 2015
It's a great organization, it literally depends on the company leadership. Active duty is probably better. The typical day, as stated before depends on your MOS.
Grea way to help out your community and serve your country
ARTILLERY SPECIALIST (Current Employee), KentuckyFebruary 24, 2015
A typical day revolves around training for your job and ensuring you are physically and mentally prepared for any tasks that might be asked of you.
A place to grow you talents
Indirect Fire Infantry (Current Employee), Mt. Pleasant PAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: exciting work environment
Cons: intensive training
The Army National Guard has given me, many life lessons, and many skills I use in my everyday life. You meet a diverse people from all backgrounds. Leadership actually cares about you and your future in the army.
Very competitive
Infantry (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: no breaks on drill
I Drive the Equipment for long hours at a time, and inspect the machinery. I also am trained to use the weapons, and also am required to do gate guard. Gate guard is when you are a security guard at the front gate and check the visitors I.D.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more