National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,717 reviews matching the search
weekend soldier
Signal support systems specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2016
same as last comment, I couldn't speak higher of the opportunities I was given as a soldier, while still being able to pursue my civilian career.
Productive environment
Nodal Network Sytems Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 22, 2016
The leaders in my company are very inspirational to my fellow piers and I. They give me incentives so I can strive to make myself better and also keep moral up in the company.
Great learning/ productive environment
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 22, 2016
An amazing place to work, love my job. I love troubleshooting, not an expert but will work my way up to it. The hardest part of the job is trying to fix something new, but it can be done!
Development
Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 22, 2016
The Army National Guard is a great way to develop yourself as an individual and a leader. You also have the chance to further your education and after hard work and dedication you can move up in the ranks.
Very Bureaucratic
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Roswell, NMJuly 21, 2016
The National Guard is one of the most bureaucratic intstitutions in the U.S. No training gets done because of all the administrative paperwork that needs to get done. Leadership is shotty, and fragmented.
Pros
Cons
terrible leadership
Engaging and Productive Drill with co-workers
Executive Officer (XO), Second Lieutenant (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 21, 2016
Staff meeting, Warrant Officers accountability first formation, Report to Company Command, Physical Fitness Grader/Participant, Staff meeting, Work directly with Junior and Senior Soldiers
Pros
Positive role-model; guiding and engaging with our troops
Cons
Early mornings, Long but productive days. Pay compensation
Good Training
Fire Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILJuly 21, 2016
Kept in good shape, and continued to learn and train while apart of the unit. Was associated with good people while part of the Guard.
Exceptional work place with a fast passed Invironment.
Training and Operations NCO (Current Employee) –  Sweetwater, TNJuly 21, 2016
Building training schedules and preparing material for training. Also build the Unit Gunnery Training program, instructing all facet's of it. Monitor and refine training as needed. Collect and analyze data from training. Report the trends from the data collected and make changes to the training plan to focus on the areas with issues.
Pros
Computer and Managment experience.
Cons
Military Cutacks
A great place to get a career and schooling benefits and see and work together with others.
Motor Sergeant/ Maintenance Control Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ/ Florence, AZJuly 21, 2016
Drill started at 0600 every weekend morning and ended when the paperwork was completed. How to work together in situations where the time line was almost against you. You had to really manage your day or it managed you. Great bunch of enlisted and officers in the time that I was in the Guard. Great talent and foresight to help each other to get the job accomplished. Calling it quits on Sunday night knowing that it would be another month before you saw them again if you did. Just literally having fun with equipment that was so old but the challenge to keep it maintained and available for field missions.
Pros
Weekends helped to pull a great team together.
Cons
Weekends were entirely too short for what needed to be accomplished.
Training was fun, played with a lot of explosives
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAJuly 20, 2016
Typical drill weekend at home station starts with first formation at 6 or 7 in the morning. After first formation, the junior enlisted conduct PMCS (preventive maintenance checks and services) while senior enlisted have meetings and do paperwork. The junior enlisted have training on various tasks and drill with the senior enlisted instructing. Lunch is around 11:30 and depending on leadership, the release time is some where between 3 and 6. The second day again starts with first formation, after first formation, the junior enlisted have move training on various tasks and drill. Again lunch is at about 11:30 and depending on the up coming schedule and the leadership, the remainder of the day is spent preparing for the next month's drill and cleaning the armory.
Productive and fun workplace
Sergeant E-5, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Summerville, SCJuly 20, 2016
Good management, good place to work. I learned how to build and learned self discipline, respect, and morals. My co workers are great to work with and I would recommend for anyone.
Solider in the National Guard.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 20, 2016
I value my military service and the experiences I've had. I have been fortunate to work under great leadership and people.
Test the Waters
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILJuly 19, 2016
Being in the National Guard taught me one thing, I wanted to be active duty. The National Guard is a great way to 'test the waters' of military service, you get a taste of military life without a full time commitment, and it was a great stepping stone to where my career lead me.
Pros
State Tuition Assistance, Relationships, Service, Free College, Decent Health Insurance
Cons
Part-time soldier
Best vehicles ever
Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 19, 2016
I came to love and admire many people from all walks of life. Our uniforms freshly pressed,and always on point. Taking care of people through hurricanes are very challenging,and rewarding.
Great country
UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2016
The Army National Guard is a great place to learn real life job experience coupled with leadership skills that get you to the next level on the civilian side of things.
Opportunityq
Allied Trades Warrant Officer (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAJuly 18, 2016
All the opportunity in the world to grow, learn to lead, and succeed. You can go as far as your desire and work ethic will take you. Best decision of my life to join
Education benefits
Staff Sergeant/RETIRED (Former Employee) –  Sea Girt, NJJuly 18, 2016
Squad leader- account for assigned soldiers. Wait for officers to finish coffee and breakfast. Stand in formation for 45 minutes. Fill out 2404's on vehicles that will not be repaired.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
POOR LEADERSHIP
Great Experience
Nodal Network Systems Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJuly 18, 2016
I learn something new almost every time I have a drill weekend. The people are very helpful, and I enjoy being able to continue to serve.
Good component for active duty soldiers to end their service in.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Barrigada, GUJuly 18, 2016
A great experience that made me a better, more reliable person. Taught me important values that everyone should live by.
Pros
Able to serve my country without relocating.
Cons
Less benefits and experience than active duty soldiers.
Fun atmosphere. It was a good place to work
88M Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 17, 2016
MOTOR TRANSPORTATION OPERATOR
Comrade
Being a part of something that is bigger than you
I learned integrity, courage, and honor
co-workers were great