National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,734 reviews matching the search
Great learning environment.
Health Care Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Camp Bullis, TXJuly 28, 2016
Training is limitless. What you have a desire to learn, You are capable and encouraged to go the distance. There are challenges but no one can stop the process but you. Hardest part is dealing with the challenges as the come while trying to further your education.
Great expirence and career advancement
EOD TECH (Current Employee) –  Grayling, MIJuly 28, 2016
Ever since transferring from a Combat Engineer to the EOD community I've enjoyed my time much more. I've learned valuable skills I'll be able to use throughout my life. Every job has people who you do not get along with, that's life, but certain organizations have better ways of dealing with the issue, such as the Guard.
Just loved being a soldier
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJuly 27, 2016
91B wheeled mechanic. Took orders from higher ranks, cleaned, work as a team, in fast-pace environments. Worked on light wheeled vehicles. Have to do physical fitness every morning. Study and sit in meetings.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
harrasment
The Adventure of my Life
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 27, 2016
My career in the National Guard has made me the person i am today. My daily tasks consist of training soldiers, delegating tasks, critically thinking, and managing time. The hardest part of the job is the deployments, although, i do enjoy the experience i gain from them.
Pros
Life Long Skills learned. Benefits. Stability
Cons
Deployments
Texas Army National Guard
Network Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 27, 2016
A great place to work and to build character. The communications field is a great field to work in to transfer to the civilian environment. You meet many new people from all walks of life.
Make it a career
READINESS NCO (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, PAJuly 26, 2016
Readiness NCO/Detachment Sergeant. Was in charge of 25 Soldiers maintained records, pay and training. Duty hours were 8-4:30 on a typical day in the office.
Proud Veteran
Human Resource Specialist (42A) (Former Employee) –  Camden, SCJuly 26, 2016
I enjoyed every bit of my service to my country. I have gained ample amount of knowledge about communications. I loved every soldier i served with. The hardest part of the job was being away from home on deployments.
Pros
Served my country
Cons
constant loss of paperwork and sensitive information
Its good training experiance
Radio Operator (Former Employee) –  Newark, OHJuly 26, 2016
Work with different types of communication equipment.

I was able to train other soldiers in the equipment for use over seas.
Pros
Good pay and training
Cons
Blance between home life and work life was hard
Not what i expected
91M Bradley Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NCJuly 26, 2016
Was not taught a majority of the material during my schooling, a typical day is mainly spent helping the infantry PMCS their vehicles and then waiting for something to break on one of the vehicles, long days and short nights.
Na
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 25, 2016
assisting others, hardiest part of the this job is not being actively engaged during the work day, enjoy traveling at times,
Pros
traveling, pay
Cons
not being active engaged at all times
Intense and very good training
Bridge crew Member (Current Employee) –  New London, CTJuly 25, 2016
The army national guard is gives you amazing training to prepare you for your job in the military as well as giving you confidence and a little extra preparation in your civilian life. Each day you train your either working on your job in the military or you hone your soldier tasks and skills. The best part about the national guard is working with all the other soldiers in your unit as a team and going through every obstacle together as a team.
Driver of all motor vehicles
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 25, 2016
I have been working for the Iowa Army National Guard since 2008 and have loved every moment of it. Hard-working and dedication follow into my civilian jobs through military training and experience. The skills I have learned here have helped out and my civilian life style and truly changed me to who I am today
Army National Guard
Ammunition Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 25, 2016
This job was very rewarding. I worked with 37 States and US Territories. I was responsible for 47 Ammunition Storage sites and worked very close with the US Army, G4, Logistics.
Pros
Great people minded
Cons
Had to live in the DC area.
hardwork
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 25, 2016
Texas Army Nation Guard is great for students that want to go to college. They help pay for college and have other incentives with enlisting. The job is hard but its well worth the work.
National Guard
FDC (Current Employee) –  New Castle, PAJuly 25, 2016
Show up, inspect vehicles, carry out plan on day. Love serving my country. Soldiers i serve with are great individuals.
It's the Army
Motor Transportation Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJuly 25, 2016
It's the Army i'm not allowed to discuss anything that we do. This means that i cannot give you any definitive statements based on my work with the Army.
weekend soldier
Signal support systems specialist (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIJuly 23, 2016
same as last comment, I couldn't speak higher of the opportunities I was given as a soldier, while still being able to pursue my civilian career.
Part Time Job, Full Time Readiness
Fire Support Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
Being in the Army National Guard requires you to put your entire life around a part-time job for mission readiness. It will require a lot of dedication and time for something that doesn't pay off very well and in most cases is fairly thankless. If this is something that you would struggle with then I would recommend going into the active duty military or staying out entirely to remain as a civilian. Make no mistake, this is a component of the United States Army so it typically requires a 3-8 year initial (enlistment) commitment. If I could have done it all over again I would have just enlisted into active duty Army straight out of high school.

The National Guard is okay if you're going to college fresh out of high school or stepping out of several years as an active duty soldier to ride out the remainder of your service until retirement.

Funds are very limited for additional military training (i.e. Airborne, Air Assault or Warrior Leadership Course) and will generally be reserved for those that have close connections with the upper echelon. You can always count on drills being scheduled for the worst possible moments such as college midterms/finals, birthdays, anniversaries or that game you were really looking forward to attending.

Hands down the camaraderie is excellent, you will never find such friends in any other type of job since you know you might have to one day trust your lives into their hands while they'll rightfully expect the same in return. On that note, the National Guard deploys overseas to combat theaters of operation routinely which typically has
  more... a cycle every so many years depending on the unit size and type for again mission readiness. Each of these deployments will keep you away from home for at least a year which will cause strains on your spouse, family, friends and civilian employer.

The quality of management varies widely in the Army National Guard since it's such a large organization. You can only hope for a superior that will treat you like a person, anything better is a prayer answered.

The most enjoyable part of my job was doing my actual job since 90% of the time will be spent doing other remedial tasks with few items scheduled from the officer corps. In a typical day you'll be able to complete all tasks before lunch time but will have to wait until final formation around 5:00PM before you can go home so there's a lot of boredom.
Pros
Good friends, discharging lots of firearms with tax paid ammunition, attracting ladies while in uniform
Cons
Boredom, long work hours, poor leadership, few opprotunities for advancement
Productive environment
Nodal Network Sytems Operator-Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 22, 2016
The leaders in my company are very inspirational to my fellow piers and I. They give me incentives so I can strive to make myself better and also keep moral up in the company.
Great learning/ productive environment
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJuly 22, 2016
An amazing place to work, love my job. I love troubleshooting, not an expert but will work my way up to it. The hardest part of the job is trying to fix something new, but it can be done!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5