National Guard
2,910 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Great place to grow as an individual and become a leader.
Soldier (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: discipline, physical activity
learned how to work with all sorts of different people from around the world, how to operate certain equipment that many around the world will not ever use.
good group of people to be around with
92g cook (Current Employee), 2 135 infintry mankato mnSeptember 19, 2014
basically I am part of a team that will cook for a compamy of soldiers of 200 and during our 2 week training we will cook for the whole battalion witch is about 800
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 19, 2014
must join, great thing to do. the best desion i have made thus far in my life. absoluty love it.
Great job
Duties- Lead (Current Employee), Parkton, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough pay for travel
I am going to stay in 20 years. Great benefits to compliment any civilian job.
high speed work place
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), washington d.c.September 19, 2014
A typical day at work is high speed. I have learned how to do memorandums, fill appropriate forms for the appropriate occasion, answer multi-line phone and take appropriate messages. I have also learned to be patient, very organized and efficient. My co-workers were great. the hardest part of the job was picking up others slack however that was the – more... best part because then I knew it was being done efficiently. – less
Great experience
Flight Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2014
The National Guard is a very rewarding place to work with great people and leadership.
Educational
DEPUTY DIRECTOR MARKETING SERVICESt (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: i had the opportunity to choose where i would travel.
Cons: salaries was not compatible to other non-profit organizations.
My typical day consisted of communicating with the Human Resource Officers (HROs) and members of the National Guard Association from various States as it related to the insurance products that the organization offered. I conducted verbal and face-to-face training to the HROs as needed. Provided assistance to members as it related to their benefits. – more... I identified and implemented new benefits for the members and posted the items on the website for marketing. Each department within the organization worked together as a team to better serve the members, whom were guardsmen from all states. I enjoyed travelling to various states to market the insurance products face-to-face to the members. – less
Challenging and room for advancement
Military Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 18, 2014
A challenging environment that helps build character and allows a person to give back to their community.
Fun and Productive learning experience
Food Service/Security Personnel/Human Resources (Former Employee), Concord, NC/S.Baghdad, IraqSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: training, education, benefits
Cons: lengthy tours
There was no typical day at work because the days work could vary regardless of job title, especially overseas. I did indeed receive a lot of hands on training in management. The hardest part of this job is always going to be leaving your family for long periods of time. Outside of leaving my family, I definitely enjoyed everything else.
Great pay and benefits, long hours
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NESeptember 18, 2014
Overall it has been a good experience and I would change anything if I went back and could do it again. The downside is working long hours, time away from home and the unstability with the budget issues.
Army
Medical Officer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good people, training
Cons: long hours
Army National Guard is very rewarding. It's hard work and long hours. You will receive some of the best training that you can get.
Great learning experiences
Behavioral Health Specialist / Infantry (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Every drill is different I get to use an array of skills that I have learned from the Army.
Great Organizaton to work for
Readiness/Training Manager/Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: health care, vacation/leave
Cons: long hours
I started the day with physical training and making my task list. During the day I performed as the Detachment Readiness NCO. I worked on pay issues, coordinated training plans for future events.

I also assisted my higher headquarters with accountability of personnel and assigned unit equipment. Maintained inventories, coordinated medical exams, and – more... the readiness of all equipment required for the unit.

Every day was a little different with new tasks and challenges. – less
Great for experience on various job skills and trades.
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNSeptember 17, 2014
I use my CAC card to clock in, then proceed to my designated station. i perform a utility check and inventory all current items on my shelves and compare them to my inventory list. Then I monitor and coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments in the facility using part, NIN, and serial numbers. I usually conduct other clerk activities, but only when – more... ordered by a superior. – less
Absolutley love this job.
Infantryman (Current Employee), Tiffin, OHSeptember 17, 2014
This is one of my favorite accomplishment in life, it has been a challenge but one that I truly enjoy. I hope to continue to a part of the National Guard for years to come.
Good People
1St Lieutenant / Company Executive Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2014
Great people, great mission, community orientated, and great benefits if you use them for education.
Fulfilling and honorable job
Ammunition Team Chief (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKSeptember 17, 2014
Morning physical training exercises. Complete maintenance to all vehicles. Cross training on equipment and work documents.
National Guard
Wisconsin (statewide) Active Reserve Guard Member (Former Employee), Portage, WISeptember 17, 2014
Enjoyed this job, did a lot of traveling, well balanced. Military confidential information may not be provided.
Plenty of camaraderie amongst ranks. We work hard and play hard.
Tools and Parts Attendant (Current Employee), Detroit, MISeptember 17, 2014
We arrive at 7:30 am and work till 4:30 pm. The supervisors give you plenty of time to complete your task for the day.
Do your job and reap the benefits
Specialist (Current Employee), Honolulu, HISeptember 16, 2014
Pros: gi bill, tuition assistance
The Nation Guard requires very few things of their soldiers. Meet physical fitness standards including minimum physical fitness scores and body fat requirements, complete assigned tasks correctly and in a timely manner, and be a generally upstanding citizen. As soldiers we are held to a higher standard (i.e. not being able to have tattoos showing in – more... uniform and needing to stay in good physical condition) but the benefits of having schooling paid for, VA loans, and even sometimes enlistment bonuses of up to $20,000 make the standards worth living up to. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more