National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,634 reviews matching the search
Amazing
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 26, 2017
Was with the Army for 7 years. 4 active. 3 national guard. The Guard really makes for a person who wants to learn the necessary skills to do many job functions as well as serving your country honorably.
Pros
Better self for the future
Satellite Comm. Systems Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDJune 26, 2017
Each day offers a new challenge to overcome. Coworkers are always pushing for bettering each other. Set goals and review of daily tasks to make the future easier to work in and understand issues.
It was difficult
Military (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 26, 2017
This was really difficult but I managed to finish my training even though it was very long and stressful it taught me a lot and I am grateful for it over all good experience.
Pros
money
Cons
people
Kansas Army National Guard
Retired SGT (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 26, 2017
The Kansas Army National Guard provided a good opportunity for serving your country and state while giving the family system the ability to have consistency within one state.
Pros
Retirement
Cons
Lack of opportunity for development
Competive, Honorable, challenging and motivational
Transport Operator - Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 26, 2017
The Guard helps me pay for schooling. Helps me to challenge and motive myself to do better. I have a great sense of honor putting on my uniform and helping others.
Job Summary
Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  OklahomaJune 25, 2017
Needs improvement and a significant culture change. The servant leadership towards assisting with quicker soldier satisfaction. I hope that the future of the guard can improve.
Michigan Army National Guard
Recruiting and HR Executive, Michigan (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 25, 2017
Great place to gain management and leadership experience. While working here I learned that any organization can be turned around in a positive manner through team cohesion and accountability. The culture is face paced, however, exciting. The most difficult aspect of being in the military in general is the potential time away from family. The most enjoyable aspect of being in the military is the ability to serve our country and communities, to give back to our country.
Pros
Education and Health Benefits, even if only serving one weekend per month
Cons
Unyielding schedule
Love being able to serve, and further my skills.
Specialist E-4 (Current Employee) –  Cedar City, UTJune 24, 2017
Love being enlisted in the National Guard. It pushes me to be a better person. You get to make a difference, and receive help with education and medical benefits.
Productive Workplace with Multi-Tasking
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 24, 2017
I learned various methods of computer systems. I took on additional responsibilities, as necessary, to complete the mission of the military. I learned what my supervisor would want and when. I was responsible for the Warehouse workforce and the Logistical Section of the Tennessee National Guard.
Pros
I loved working with the people
Cons
It sometimes required longer hours to accomplish what I took on.
Typical Day
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJJune 24, 2017
As a manager, I am tasked with a lot of paperwork and forced to make on the spot decisions
I also conduct multiple spot checks to ensure everything has been done accurately

Want to know more about National Guard?

Ask a question
Getting to be awfully politically correct.
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 24, 2017
After 10 years of service I have seen things change over a decade. When I first enlisted people were not as worried about political correctness and other dumb things because it was war time. Now there's nothing better to do than come up with stupid regulations.
Pros
3 Meals a day
Cons
They look like cat food in a tray
Good training
Information Assurance Staff NCO | IT Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 23, 2017
The Louisiana Army National Guard has a great many opportunities to learn new knowledge and to practice different skills. It is an ideal place to learn leadership and management skills.
Infantryman
11 Bravo Infantryman (Current Employee) –  BarrigadaJune 23, 2017
Don't expect to wait around for solutions. You are the problem solver. The National Guard has provided me a family within my unit and a stepping stone into a career outside of the military.
great military opurtunity
Technician (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 23, 2017
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at California National Guard (More than a year)
Pros
As far as employers go the US government is a very stable environment with great benefits to include sick leave, annual leave, and military leave.
Cons
Very slow hiring process and is very adverse to change. They are incredibly set in their ways, it is easy to become complacent in the environment.
Share via Email
Copy LinkFlag as Inappropriate Flag as Inappropriate
Sad but true!
ENG DET Heavy Equipment & Concrete (Current Employee) –  Camp Blanding, FLJune 23, 2017
I have been in the Army National Guard for 12 years now and while i have enjoyed the time in, and the places i have experienced. There is a degree of disappointment with the sheer fact that the constant issue with budget cuts, government shutdowns, layoffs and the UN-reliability with on time pay checks that have soured my expectations with the Army National Guard.
Pros
Retirement at 20 years in.
Cons
Monthly drills
The few the proud the strong
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 23, 2017
The army national guard provides an abundance of opportunity while allowing one to balance military and civilian life which is a win-win. You're also provided with the skills needed today to be successful in today's competitive work environment
Pros
Meet new people that become family
Cons
One weekend a month
Served my State Of Georgia and my Country
Special Electronics Devices Repairer (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAJune 22, 2017
Well worth the time in services. Well supported. enjoyed my time in the Guard. Very rewarding. Supported other states during disastrous times. Love help others in their needs
Lackluster Management
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 22, 2017
While allowing you to develop skills, this organization fails to hold individuals to a standard and the leadership is spotty at best. Some units you can grow and will be supported in all your endeavors, in others, the management will take advantage of anothers' low rank to make up for their lack of planning.
Fun and totally worth doing
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJune 22, 2017
Great people and a great experience in general. You will meet a large variety of people and have many new experiences you may never though you could have.l
Productive and diverse workplace
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Lexington, VAJune 22, 2017
There is no typical days but every day will be productive and well managed. I have learned a lot and have many certificates that can be translated to the civilian side employment.
Pros
job security, diverse workplace
Cons
2 weeks out of the summer

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5