National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,862 reviews matching the search
A great opportunity for the right person
19D Cavalry Scout Assistant Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 26, 2017
It has been a while since I have been in the National Guard, but it is an outstanding organization of amazing individuals. It is not for everyone and it can present hardships during deployment, but the benefits and rewards are fantastic.
Best job
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 25, 2017
Great job. Fight for country and have brothers by your side. Very skillfull. Gun control and tactics. Best job ever would do it again if new kids coming in wasn't babies and if they didn't lower standards for women.
Productive, fun, fast paced
Infantry Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston TXJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy my time there. I get to work eith soldiers and help to provide them with the things that they need to be successful at any all missions that arrive.
I get to serve my country in a supportive and exciting environment!
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAJuly 25, 2017
The PA Army National Guard is an excellent place to use my skills to work on communications equipment for the DOD. I work with a team to teach soldiers how to use the equipment and troubleshoot on it if it isn't working.
fun working there with great people
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 25, 2017
I can't see why I'd ever leave. It's great getting to hang out with basically my second family. We are always doing something that keeps us on our toes.
Pros
free lunch
The National Guard promotes learning, preparedness, and respect.
Combat Engineer (12B) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
Before our Drill Weekend, the schedule and duties for the weekend are emailed to every soldier. Everyone has an idea of what to expect and where to be. Typically, all soldiers stay on task and all duties are fulfilled .
Productive workplace
Finance Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 25, 2017
Days at work are always very productive. Whether it's classes to learn new things or helping around the unit, there's always something to keep you busy. Every year there is also a two week training for your job, which helps you learn many new things about your job as well as hands on experience of your job.
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
Toughest job you will love
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 25, 2017
I spent many years with the Army National Guard. The support given by the community and civilian workforce are outstanding. There is no greater feeling knowing that strangers appreciate you for sacrificing for their future.
Technical Inspector
Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2017
This job is fast paced and requires a large knowledge of aircraft technical books and computer sites to maintain pubs and ensure airframes and subsystems are properly maintained.
Pros
training
Cons
time away from family
Best thing that has ever happened to me
Food Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 25, 2017
I've learned so much useful information and skills being in the military and tho the hours are long and the days run together it is all enjoyable.We are always soldiers first therefore the mission is always first.i have joined a brotherhood/sisterhood that will never fail me

Want to know more about National Guard?

Ask a question
Good
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Military Police protect lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations, as well as controlling traffic, preventing crime, and responding to emergencies. Military Police are responsible for providing support to the battlefield by conducting Force Protection, Anti-Terrorism, Area Security, Internment/Resettlement, Maneuver and Mobility Support, Law & Order, and Police Intelligence Operations and crime prevention programs. One of the most important jobs of the Military Police is the security and maintaining the supply route regulation and enforcement.
Best decision of my life
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has allowed me to do many thing that I never would have been able to do other wise. The benefits alone make up for any struggle you have to go through.
excellent staff
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
the workplace environment was laidback during the weekend we trained because everyone was a collective unit to make sure all training and tasks was performed properly.
Exceptional Challenge
Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has provided a large amount of challenge throughout the two years I have been in. The benefits and reward of that service is very much worth the difficulty.
Fun work place
Soldier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2017
Overall good job and room for advancement. The job will get you into the best shape of your life and will teach you a lot about yourself. You will find ways to push yourself as you never had before.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
great for people who want to work civilian side or go to school
SPC (E-4), Information System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SC 29153July 24, 2017
only have to report one weekend a month and two weeks a year, great for people who want to go to school full time or want to work a full time civilian job but still serve their country
US Soldier.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Remington, INJuly 23, 2017
Your serving your country. Performed regular maintenance on military vehicles, knowledge of operating all types of military vehicles, learned to adapt to changing conditions, ability to work as a team to achieve a common goal.
Pros
Serving your country.
Cons
great way to pay for education
spec. 4 (Former Employee) –  Mattoon, ILJuly 23, 2017
I joined right out of high school as a way to go to college. I would recommend this as a first step into adulthood for kids just out of school who need help with education costs and to learn to grow up and be disciplined.
benefits
Cons
long hard hours
Productive and great advancement opportunities.
Public Affairs Broadcast Specialist (Current Employee) –  New YorkJuly 23, 2017
Full time or part time service to your country and state. New York National Guard offers many opportunities for anyone. Earn money for school and receive benefits while proudly serving your community.
Pros
One weekend a month, two weeks a year.
Cons
Not full time active duty
This is the place to hone leadership skills.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  World WideJuly 23, 2017
No two days are ever the same. This is a fast paced environment in which daily decision have lif and death consequences. During high optempo times work life balance is difficult to attain. However, the rewards are incredible and the lessons learned are invaluable.
Pros
Fast paced, rewarding
Cons
Lack of work life balance, time away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5