National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,867 reviews matching the search
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Hazard, KYJuly 26, 2017
It's very helpful being young to join, it opens up a lot of doors and opportunities become more often. You also gain a lot of life experience as well as job experience.
Good for everyone
68W Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJuly 26, 2017
This is a great decision for anyone who is wanting to better themselves and grow as a person. They have great opportunities and I would highly recommend it.
Meh.
COMBAT ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  MissouriJuly 26, 2017
There are a lot of good benefits, but you definitely have to put up with a lot of nonsense as well. When you actually get to do your job it is fun, but most of the time you are hurrying up to wait.
Military operational specialty
Military operational specialty (Former Employee) –  National City, CA 91950July 26, 2017
In my unit we have different responsibility's for every soldier, we have to make sure that every thing , making sure vehicles are operable and administrative assignments are done
Super Fun
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Sea Girt, NJJuly 26, 2017
This was an organized event were enlisted members of the Family Readiness Group (within the National Guard) were able to sigh there young ones up for a week long sponsored camp were they can have fun. I was lucky enough to be eligible to volunteer a week to be a councilor for two separate camps.
Pros
Great Team builder and confidence builder
Cons
Held at Sea Girt Base in the middle of the summer heat and you dont get air conditioning
A great opportunity for the right person
19D Cavalry Scout Assistant Operations Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 26, 2017
It has been a while since I have been in the National Guard, but it is an outstanding organization of amazing individuals. It is not for everyone and it can present hardships during deployment, but the benefits and rewards are fantastic.
Best job
Infantry Rifleman (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJuly 25, 2017
Great job. Fight for country and have brothers by your side. Very skillfull. Gun control and tactics. Best job ever would do it again if new kids coming in wasn't babies and if they didn't lower standards for women.
Productive, fun, fast paced
Infantry Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Houston TXJuly 25, 2017
I enjoy my time there. I get to work eith soldiers and help to provide them with the things that they need to be successful at any all missions that arrive.
I get to serve my country in a supportive and exciting environment!
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sellersville, PAJuly 25, 2017
The PA Army National Guard is an excellent place to use my skills to work on communications equipment for the DOD. I work with a team to teach soldiers how to use the equipment and troubleshoot on it if it isn't working.
fun working there with great people
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Vernal, UTJuly 25, 2017
I can't see why I'd ever leave. It's great getting to hang out with basically my second family. We are always doing something that keeps us on our toes.
Pros
free lunch
The National Guard promotes learning, preparedness, and respect.
Combat Engineer (12B) (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 25, 2017
Before our Drill Weekend, the schedule and duties for the weekend are emailed to every soldier. Everyone has an idea of what to expect and where to be. Typically, all soldiers stay on task and all duties are fulfilled .
Productive workplace
Finance Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Somerset, NJJuly 25, 2017
Days at work are always very productive. Whether it's classes to learn new things or helping around the unit, there's always something to keep you busy. Every year there is also a two week training for your job, which helps you learn many new things about your job as well as hands on experience of your job.
Pros
learn new things everyday
Cons
Toughest job you will love
Sergeant First Class (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCJuly 25, 2017
I spent many years with the Army National Guard. The support given by the community and civilian workforce are outstanding. There is no greater feeling knowing that strangers appreciate you for sacrificing for their future.
Technical Inspector
Technical Inspector (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJuly 25, 2017
This job is fast paced and requires a large knowledge of aircraft technical books and computer sites to maintain pubs and ensure airframes and subsystems are properly maintained.
Pros
training
Cons
time away from family
Best thing that has ever happened to me
Food Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenwood, MSJuly 25, 2017
I've learned so much useful information and skills being in the military and tho the hours are long and the days run together it is all enjoyable.We are always soldiers first therefore the mission is always first.i have joined a brotherhood/sisterhood that will never fail me
Good
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 24, 2017
Military Police protect lives and property on Army installations by enforcing military laws and regulations, as well as controlling traffic, preventing crime, and responding to emergencies. Military Police are responsible for providing support to the battlefield by conducting Force Protection, Anti-Terrorism, Area Security, Internment/Resettlement, Maneuver and Mobility Support, Law & Order, and Police Intelligence Operations and crime prevention programs. One of the most important jobs of the Military Police is the security and maintaining the supply route regulation and enforcement.
Best decision of my life
Infantry Squad Leader (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has allowed me to do many thing that I never would have been able to do other wise. The benefits alone make up for any struggle you have to go through.
excellent staff
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
the workplace environment was laidback during the weekend we trained because everyone was a collective unit to make sure all training and tasks was performed properly.
Exceptional Challenge
Tactical Data System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Washington StateJuly 24, 2017
The National Guard has provided a large amount of challenge throughout the two years I have been in. The benefits and reward of that service is very much worth the difficulty.
Fun work place
Soldier (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 24, 2017
Overall good job and room for advancement. The job will get you into the best shape of your life and will teach you a lot about yourself. You will find ways to push yourself as you never had before.
Pros
Good environment
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5