National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 9,140 reviews matching the search
Adaptable and fast paced
1st LT Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Rucker, ALApril 25, 2017
very stressful and challenges you mentally. Must be a very resilient person and adapt to rapidly changing situations. Will take a while to adjust tot eh job/life balance.
Productive and balanced workplace
member (Current Employee) –  ArizonaApril 25, 2017
I have enjoyed all of my time working with the military, active duty side and national guard side. I wish to continue working as an electronics, armament, and or avionics technician in some form or another.
national guard
Military police (Current Employee) –  OklahomaApril 24, 2017
very fun have to have the right mindset. Love drill weekends super super challenging and very fun. must be physically fit and goal oriented. need to have tough skin as well leave your feelings at home because its the army!
Comfortable and Desirable
Survey and design engineer0 (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LouisianaApril 24, 2017
Working here has been a very fruitful environment for me, teaching me the most valuable lessons concerning the workplace. From working with the U.S. National Guard I learned the importance of respect, teamwork, leadership, and integrity when dealing with others to accomplish the mission at hand.
Pros
Insurance, Retirement Plans
Cons
n/a
National Guard
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Peter, MNApril 24, 2017
Everyday is different due to us having different things to do. We only have drill once a month and two weeks during the summer. Work can be as easy as doing paperwork but sometimes it can be long hard days with little sleep.
Very Good
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORApril 24, 2017
Very Good Experience the people are excellent and it pays well, but it's not a full or part time job, i need something to sustain me in between drills
Plenty of experience to gain
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Catonsville, MDApril 24, 2017
The Guard allows you to serve your country and work a civilian job. With many job titles in the Army National Guard, you can get more experience in your line of work or gain experience in a new field. No matter which job you choose, you will always develop leadership skills that may be applied just about anywhere.
Loved every day of it.
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 24, 2017
I loved ever day on the job. i loved helping people and saving people. training was great and the people i served with were exceptional. Would do it all over again if i had to.
Pros
Great experiences.
Great stepping stone
All Wheel Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 24, 2017
The guard is a great stepping stone to help better other aspects of your life. There is absolutely a lot of Hurry up and Wait but it is worth it for the benefits that you have available and the pride and honor you receive serving.
Army National Guard
Sergeant Transportation NCO (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIApril 24, 2017
A typical day would include meetings in the morning with the command to provide duties and missions to soldiers in the unit. After meeting the information would be broke down to my squad the duties and missions that need to be accomplished. Checks throughout the day will be done to make sure task will be taken care of.
Pros
Great soldiers that i worked with.
Cons
Missions can be long and difficult
One of the best organizations I've worked for.
Construction Equipment Repairer (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KansasApril 24, 2017
A typical work day for me has been going over the vehicles and equipment we have for the unit and making sure everything is working properly. We also do various training excerises to help keep us ready for whatever may arise.
Battle buddies become family
SPC Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsApril 24, 2017
I got a lot out of being in the National Guard for 10 years. I learned how to practice self control and discipline, how to carry myself like a professional and the importance of attention to detail. I became mentally tough and resilient. My battle buddies became my family, which was great for me since I had no family and really needed to change my environment. While the heroin epidemic destroyed my friends and hometown, I was able to make a better life for myself. For that, I will be forever grateful.
On the other hand, I deployed to Iraq and came home pretty messed up. Riddled with anxiety and PTSD, I have been struggling to acclimate to home life. Too anxious to take advantage of the school benefits and struggling with chronic back pain sustained from a training accident, I think overall, I broke even.
Pros
Security/peace of mind
Cons
Injuries, deployments, PTSD, suicide rate
Fun Place
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 24, 2017
Great cultural environment. Most of the people you work with are relatives, neighbors, or friends. The National Guard Helps its employees with tuition assistance.
Hard work and Rewarding
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNApril 23, 2017
A typical day would be getting up early for pt, then showering chow, go pmcs our trucks and make sure they are working properly. After that we will do convoys to support the units out on the front lines and make sure they have enough supplies. At the end of the day we sleep and start all over the next day.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Sit and wait
Every thing rocks
Military (Former Employee) –  Muscatine, IAApril 23, 2017
I loved being in, but the only thing is that there isn't much support out side of the guard, the NCO don't care to much they show up get a check and leave, you would never get one on the phone. When not on duty but a 1st Sgt was the best i call he answer and would work out with us all the time when he can.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
People wont leave military alone that wasn't in.......
Fun job, kinda stressful, work culture/ balance depends on rank and location
Medical Laboratory Technician (68K) (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAApril 23, 2017
Loved working active duty, not so much national guard. If I were to do military again I'd do Navy/ Airforce they treat their members better when it comes to injuries.
Cons
68K MOS hard to gain rank in for women
Really not all that great
Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 23, 2017
I mean I was told things that were not done by me, they do not keep their word, you find that a lot of things are really ridiculous, you have to get everything in writing if you are too involve yourself.
Overall it ahould ve a required experience
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaApril 23, 2017
I think everyone should serve at least 2 years in some capacity. It taught me a lot about self discipline, and a good work ethic. There are .any great benefits to be had from serving this awesome country.
Pros
Good training for all of life's challenges
Cons
Being away from family
Love being in the guard, it is easy to serve and stay close to home at the same time
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHApril 23, 2017
Joining the Ohio army national guard is easily the best decision I have ever made in my life. I come from a military family and I am very proud to keep the tradition in the family.
Positive experience
91L Construction Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, MSApril 23, 2017
Very motivational and life changing experience. Great career choice and has great benefits for you and your family. Travel and connect with people across the country.
Benefits
Cons
Discipline

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5