National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 10,071 reviews matching the search
Better soldiers who have more drive
AH-64 Maintainer (Current Employee) –  West Jordan, UTAugust 20, 2017
My time in the army has showed me that the Guard soldiers are much better and have more drive to get things done in life. They are highly motivated and overall, more outstanding soldiers. The vast majority of the awardees from my basic training were Guard soldiers.
Great oppurtunity
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 20, 2017
I loved working for my government. Helping soldiers ready themselves to deploy and serve my country in a civilian position. I took great pride in what I did and so did everyone else in the medical field.
Great job
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
Every day is an adventure. Money is good, the people great. Get to work with people that also like to work. Food is OK, the work hours can be long. Advancement is there for those who work hard.
Normal weekend
Maryland Honor Guard (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 19, 2017
The normal weekend at the average guard unit consist of waking up early to be to the unit early for formation. Then you'll find out the plan for today then take it from there
Pros
"free lunch" if you want it
Cons
gotta get up earlier than normal depending on where your unit is located
Greatplace to start if you are trying to get through school.
31E Corrections Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 19, 2017
Great place to start if you are trying to get through school. will assist with tuition, loan repayment. Will help give you the tools needed to have a successful career.
fun workplace
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
when ever it's time for drill it's always something new. the workflow is great like a perfectly working machine. the most enjoyable part of the job is doing what is needed
a great stepping stone
Signal Support Systems Specialist (25U) (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 19, 2017
The national guard is a great way to meet new people and travel the world. from them i learned how to be a good leader, how to problem solve and how to properly maintain and operate radio/ communication equipment
Pros
free food, great training, great people
family
91B WHEEL VEHICLE MECHANIC (Current Employee) –  Dagsboro, DEAugust 18, 2017
the Delaware Army National Guard is a extended family in which i have been able to build a brotherhood. I have been able to learn from others and perfect my craft through what i have learn.
Changed my Life
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAAugust 18, 2017
The national guard has made me into the man I am today. It has provided my family and I with many benefits and opportunities. I have been fortunate enough to travel the world and make friends for a lifetime.
Pros
Health insurance, educational funding
Cons
Giving up weekends
Fun workplace during operations
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Union County, SCAugust 18, 2017
I am in the Sniper platoon, pretty laid back group of qualified guys, pay attention to detail and do as told, the military endows structure and discipline to execute any task at hand
Benefits
Cons
Family separation
Provides an education in jobs to carry beyond the military
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Saluda, SCAugust 18, 2017
Always training on something different each month. At times seems redundant and boring but keeps everything up to date on a annual basis. Builds great comradery and respect amongst peers. Something to always look back at and feel proud about.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of personal understanding with not being an everyday job
Teamwork
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 18, 2017
Responsibility, swiftness and organizational skills were attained. The guard allows you to be flexible and work as a citizen soldier. A lot of time outdoors. Teamwork.
Pros
2 days a month, 2 weeks a year.
Cons
Having to get one of those 2 days a year off.
Always something new
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYAugust 18, 2017
I never do the same thing from day to day. its always good to work for something that is bigger than me. I lover serving my country but sometimes it is hard to leave my family behind.
Pros
good pay, good work environment
Cons
leave family for days at a time
Fun and Productive workplace
15N Avionic Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAAugust 18, 2017
We only have to show up to drill every first weekend of the month. Learned and worked a lot on black hawks and chinooks. The leadership is outstanding and work is never boring. There was always something to work on and learn new things in the process. The only hard part about the being in the National Guard is sometime lack of resources which doesn't happen too often. But the most enjoyable part of the National Guard is the people, they're so fun and helpful.
I am avery hard worker I serve me proud
76 V / Driver (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 18, 2017
it was very good typical day Iin joy work with my fellow guardman
I learned how help people in disaster such as hurrcanes
I work very in annual training that is two weeks out of a year
Overall Summary
United States Army (Current Employee) –  Chagrin Falls, OHAugust 18, 2017
My experience with the national guard was not the best. I recommend that personal seeking college assiastance and military life at the same time join. However anyone seeking "real" military experience, go active duty
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Compensation, Supervisoral Support
Physically and Mentally Challenging that prepares you for stressful jobs and careers
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day as an Intelligence Analyst in the Army starts in the office or the Headquarters of the unit. As an Intel Analyst you will receive a Top Secret security clearance and have access to Secret Info. With this info you will come up with ways to depict and attack opposing forces. On this job I learned how to handle high tense situations because one misjudgement of my analysis can cost tons of lives.
part-time army
Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
join if you are looking for army experience, but don't want to fully commit for obvious reasons. Each unit is different, talk to several people from different types before making a decision
Pros
tricare, deployment experience
It was a honor to serve my country
SGT (Former Employee) –  IowaAugust 17, 2017
Very stressful environment and family balance is none, however teaches you so much! It was an honor to serve my country and I would do it all over again!
great abrach to be in
91 Bravo/Light Wheeled Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Lake Wales, FLAugust 17, 2017
Military services provides an excellent opportunity for young people to acquire skills and resources which build a solid foundation for later life.
go gog go Army

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5