National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,413 reviews matching the search
It the Military
Information Technology Specialist/Analyst (Current Employee) –  Winder, GAApril 30, 2016
I train soldiers, make sure our systems are up and running. PT in the mornings. We sometimes get to go do Army stuff like shoot our weapons or do our battle drills, Overall its fun,
Lots of good training and experience opportunities.
UH-60 Blackhawk Crew chief (Current Employee) –  Rickenbacker Air National Guard Base, OHApril 30, 2016
For me as a one weekend a month and two weeks a year guy, (that is my commitment) but as a crew chief that is on flight status I have to maintain a minimum of four hours a month of flight time. so i go up and fly on a week day at-least once or twice a month. it is enjoyable work and the people I work with and for have an honest need and want to work as a team to accomplish the mission.
Recruiting and Retention is a rough business
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Paola, KSApril 30, 2016
Recruiting and Retention for the Kansas Army National Guard is a tough business. It is a very time consuming and strenuous business. Time from family is a regularity. The National Guard in itself is an outstanding organizatioin. Great benifits, great opportunities.
Awesome
92R- Parachute Rigger (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 29, 2016
the military is an amazing adventure and one like no other i urge anyone to join and it gives you skills like no other. i learned ho to be a great leader and do jobs correctly and proficiently
Selfless service
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXApril 29, 2016
The Army National Guard is great if you get into a job you love and if your superiors know what they are doing. If you dont have at least those to you could dread going to that place
Pros
Education and Certifications available
A productive Environment
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  DeQuincy, LAApril 29, 2016
A typical day at my unit would include many various tasks. My supervisor would inform me of what needs to be done. I would work alongside my co-workers to make sure we complete the assignment in an appropriate amount of time. The hardest and most enjoyable part of my job is working outside. I love the outdoors, but at times it is difficult to measure how the heat expands the fluids. My management helps teach my co-workers and I something new about our job very often.
Pros
free lunches, friendly environment, enhances team work and leadership skills
Cons
extreme weather conditions, sleep deprivation
Serve Your Country.
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  OhioApril 28, 2016
If the Army offered me nothing else, I had the opportunity to travel and meet amazing people. You get to experience things that aren't your first nature and it was amazing. You get to serve your country too, so that was always a plus.
Military
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 28, 2016
I enjoyed the military and the benefits that were provided upon completing my tour overseas. There were many sergeants and above that were knowledgeable and friendly, always willing to guide someone in the right direction.
i served
motor pool coodinator (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 28, 2016
i joined the nation guard at 18 because i wanted to serve my country, it gave a lot opportunity to meet many people in my life that if not for the guard i would never had, it gave me the opportunity in my life that would not have happened if i didn't join
Pros
i served my country
Cons
i was getting burned out
It's like the Army
PARALEGAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLApril 28, 2016
If you want to know about the military speak with someone who has been through it and then speak to their friend. One of them will be excited the other will not.
Benefits
Cons
Not like the regular Army you train for
had a lot of good training during war games
Telecommunications Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 27, 2016
i was told if i go to 13b school and pass the course i would get promoted and i never did they lied to and i never got promoted. would not serve c-btry 2-144fa again
Pros
good training
Cons
9yrs of service and no promotion
Soldier
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIApril 27, 2016
There was no typical day in the military because as a soldier you do whatever the above rank tells you to do. We drove truck by hauling supplies and other soldiers. I learned how to become a soldier. Most of the other soldiers are great to work with since no soldier gets left behind. I found the hardest part was being away from family during deployment. The most enjoyable part of the job is to just be a soldier and do everything you need to do to get the job done.
benefits
Great experience
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAApril 27, 2016
Wonderful experience, enjoyed the entire job except the Contract ended. Would have stayed there forever, however, the conract was not renewed because of funds.
Best decision I made
Sergeant, M1A1 Tank Gunner (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAApril 27, 2016
Excellent experience for life and country. Great group of guys I have ever worked with and glad that i made the choice to join the Army.
Great Place to get your life stareted
PFC (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
The national guard got my life started with education. The army wants its soldiers to be ready for life so they dedicate their soldiers in getting all kinds of training including education.
A place that provides structure and discpline
"Just Choo"- Personal Chef (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 27, 2016
I entered the National Guard a year after I graduated from High school. The atmosphere provided the structure and the stability I needed at the time. I was able to meet soldiers who had been in the guard for over 25 years. They became mentors and taught me self discipline.
Supervisory Chaplain Assistant
Supervisory State Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 26, 2016
Assist in counseling and pre-screening individuals suffering traumatic events or employ crisis intervention techniques. Provide support to upwards of 2400 DOD Civilian, family members and Military personal.
Pros
Free Lunches, Opportunities for schools and professional development
Cons
Healthcare is not as comparable to the civilian sector
Military
NODAL NETWORK SYSTEMS OPERATOR AND MAINTAINER (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 25, 2016
See a recruiter if you want to get a career in the Michigan Army National Guard. Effective leadership. Good place to grow technical experience.
moral value
Service Member (Former Employee) –  Springville, ALApril 25, 2016
the most enjoyable part of my job in the military is that i can learn new things and understand how things were back in the days when my sgt's were in my shoes. A typical day for me is early wake up and then first formation, after that start on what was our daily routine of the day.
It's a good job but not easy
Ga - Combat Medic (68w) (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 25, 2016
One of the most difficult things I've done in my life, but has definitely made me stronger. I learned a lot more about being a leader and organizational skills.

4.5