National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,933 reviews matching the search
Chance to serve my country
Fire Support Officer (Current Employee) –  IowaMarch 28, 2017
I was given a chance to serve my country and go on two different deployments in the first 8 years. As a soldier you are given a constant chance to improve and better yourself.
get what you put into it
Title - Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  National, WVMarch 28, 2017
You can go as far as you wanna go if you are good at your job. it doesnt hurt to be able to speak well, as there is a political nature to it. If you do end up in trouble for whatever reason, may god have mercy on you, because the army will not.
Pros
Guns, money, world travel, and life long friends.
Great starting point
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720March 28, 2017
I think joining the national guard is a great starting point for those that don't know if a full time commitment is worth it. It provides you necessary life skills while still being able to maintain a civilian life.
Pros
Healthcare, id card privileges, traveling
This we'll defend
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91Bravo) (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 28, 2017
Prepare for comradory and long work days in the field or wherever your work environment is. The Army is a massive machine that has a lot of moving parts and therefor a lot of miscommunication happens causing a delay in response to many issues.
Pros
Free School, Shooting, Forced physical fitness
Cons
scumbag soldiers and leadership occasionally
Great place to be aprt of
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaMarch 28, 2017
Being in the military is a great for young adults male and female. It helps you grow up as a young person. It has all aspects of jobs that you can think of. High variety of jobs to help you in future job searches
Free trips to the middle east
Finance Tech (Former Employee) –  West Newton, MAMarch 28, 2017
It's the Massachusetts ARMY National Guard. What else can be said that people haven't heard yet? You go, get good, get paid, go home. Just stay away from the veggie MREs.
Pros
Deployment pay
Administrative
Human Resource Assistant (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAMarch 28, 2017
Use of computers and automated phones,
I learned how to be a readiness technician,
Management was ok to work with.
Learning Flight Operations was difficult for me to learn
Helping Service members into bettering their careers in the military.
Rewarding Work
Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMarch 28, 2017
Serving in the MNARNG is one of the highlights of my life. I have never been so challenged to make myself the best I could be as I was in the guard. Serving my country both locally and abroad has tested me in unimaginable ways. I miss my time in service immensely.
What to say
13f, Abrams Crewman, Medical Equipment Repairer (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKMarch 28, 2017
If you like sitting on your butt during drill and flying to anchorage than this is the job for you. The Guard is mostly driven outta anchorage and all the brass down there could give two craps about anyone in other communities including Fairbanks. But hey if you live in anchorage this is a good deal. And this is coming from an 16 year veteran so not something to blow off.
Changed me
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 28, 2017
Made me a far better human being, went from doing all the wrong in highschool to being clean for 5 years now. More mentally and physically fit and determined to do my best
92A automated logistic specialist
92A Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYMarch 28, 2017
A normal day at work included inventory customer relations working with ulls-a or sams-e sestems also may require going to the supply support activity (ssa) to process parts or to pick up parts that we had ordered
You get what you put in.
Team Leader, Sergeant/E-5 (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMarch 28, 2017
As a member of the National Guard for over 7 years, I've seen many individuals come through, many successful, as well as many not so much. It is a simple environment where one gets what they deserve and put into it.
Always learning
aviation survivability equipment repair 94R (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COMarch 28, 2017
Maintain, test and repair communication equipment
Install and repair circuit boards and wiring such as low and high voltage
Calibrate and align equipment components
Test and isolate faulty assemblies and components
Replace parts, rewire equipment and interconnect components on semiautomatic
Knowledge on reading blueprints, schematic diagrams
A privilege to serve
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PAMarch 28, 2017
The best decision you can make career wise. Endless opportunities and chances to learn new skills, travel, and further your education. There is no other organization like it.
The Guard
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Devens, MAMarch 28, 2017
Working for the National Guard was great you meet a lot of great people I didn't learn much only because I had experience in the military before and in the same job field.
Great Medical Experience
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 27, 2017
Great hands on experience and great opportunity to grow. Possibility to spend a lot of time away from home due to training and or deployments, but can be used as a great opportunity for medical growth.
Working
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MNMarch 27, 2017
I love what I do for my country. I have to drive 3-6 hours every time I have to go to drill but I wouldn't change anything. The SGT are okay and my battle buddies are great. I love running equipment and that is what I specialized in so I am content.
Na
Medical Records Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Castle, DEMarch 27, 2017
good company to work for
great hours
benefits are great
management needs to be more compassionate
great location
great people to work with
leadership development could use some guidance
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive, always tasked out to complete missions
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnston, IAMarch 27, 2017
A typical work day consists of being tasked out to lead, execute, and complete missions.
You learn to think fast and efficiently, you are asked to consider many different factors.
the management varies, everyone has the opportunity to be in charge and gain leadership skills.
The hardest part of the job is maintaining a positive attitude through everything that is thrown at you
Most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that you make a difference in the world.
Soldiers are trained to be flexible with conditions changing constantly
Pros
Gaining several different skill sets, making long-lasting relationships.
Cons
The possibility of leaving your friends and family for long periods at a time
organization does not perform up to army standards
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 27, 2017
qualified individuals with experience are not promoted according to qualifying experience and performance
national guard companies are not organized
I would not advise a friend to join national guard however I would recommend active army
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5