National Guard Employee Reviews

Great Experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Hornell, NYOctober 19, 2017
Gives you an idea of what the military is about. You conduct weekend training once a month. Motivational training for two weeks a year. Meet new people and see new places.
I loved when I served in the military
Logistic Specialist Soldier (Former Employee) –  morristown , NJOctober 18, 2017
National Guard units serve both the federal government and the state governments where they are based. The states are responsible for the training of their units, and they maintain responsibility for appointing officers within their units. This dual responsibility is at the core of the National Guard's mission and differentiates it from other military branches. The presence of National Guard units in each state provides governors with a critical tool, allowing them to call on their units at their discretion to provide aid and support when other state resources are insufficient.
lots of learning experiences
25B Information Technology Specialist (E-4) (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 18, 2017
I inspect and drive hmmvs, work on installing computer programs, CPOF and take classes to further my education on Information technology. I learn more from my leadership to be able to lead myself in the right direction as well as others who may be appointed below me.
productive and fun place to be at
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNOctober 18, 2017
its fun to be at. Everyone is all happy and is willing to help out when you need it. the hardest part is knowing what you're doing, because a lot of the unit depends on it.
Pros
health care, dental care, exciting enviornment
Cons
fast paced, have to be a fast learner
Great Experience
Brigade Commander (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 18, 2017
A growing source of national security resource and state response resource. Opportunity to grow as an individual and as a member of the team. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
work
All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNOctober 18, 2017
go in fix some vics check them over and wait on the next batch to come in so that we can move the process along faster and better we have the drivers stay with the vics
Challenging but rewarding
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 18, 2017
Anyone with the right stuff can join. The national guard is what you make it out to be for yourself. You need to be wise in the decisions you make to help yourself grow professionally. If you're willing to do the work and make the sacrifices, there is a lot to take away. And the relationships you build are for a lifetime.
Not good
Supervisor/Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 17, 2017
I would not recommend the National Guard. Go active Army instead though it may not be perfect it is a better atmosphere towards the military and is way better.
A fun working environment with the right people
Human Resources Training Analyst (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 17, 2017
I really like my coworkers. We work really hard on ongoing projects, challenging deadlines, and last minute emergencies. However, my coworkers also provide great comic relief that helps the hectic days go by quickly.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
You have to work a lot of contract projects before becoming a permanent employee.
Nice place to work
Supply Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJOctober 17, 2017
You need to be physical fit and ready to relocate at the drop of a dime. It is a fast pace place to work. the salary is ok,and Its a grate opportunity for advancement.
A definite must do for the fit and able
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAOctober 17, 2017
If you are fit and able, than this is the part-time job for you. You meet people from all over the state and some from other states as well. You build a comradery that you will never forget. The experiences are amazing, and all of the different outdoors events that you get to take place in is a lifetime of memories that are hard to forget.
Pros
People, pay, benefits.
Cons
The standing around that is done could be worked on.
great
Combat Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 17, 2017
The Army national Guard is a good environment. The only thing I disliked was that drill weekends would always be on weekends when there were other plans.
A good place to work.
Handyman with extended functions (Former Employee) –  Salinas, PROctober 17, 2017
A good place to start working. Very secure place. Nice co-workers.
Extremely self satisfying
1st Line Cook---Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, TNOctober 17, 2017
Very demanding but also very rewarding. Love working with my fellow soldiers. No better place to be. A great choice of life for the right young individual. Not a place for everyone.
soldier...military experience
man pad crew member (Former Employee) –  fort santiago puerto ricoOctober 17, 2017
i learned a lot the military skills which i apllied in my civil life...i learned discipline.....theres nothing real hard...in the training...i enjoy all the visits in the world..
sense of accomplishment
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Marion, ILOctober 16, 2017
I can show up for duty, and before first formation, I know I'm going to be working hard that day. however, it leaves an overwhelming sense accomplishment.
Amazing experience
SERGEANT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 16, 2017
I have gained leadership skills through online military courses as well
as attending actual leadership schools where you are taught and evaluated on writing reports and the proper way to teach a class on multiple subjects.

Its a very demanding culture in general, sometimes you can be called away on short notice for an extended amount of time. But I truly believe in the idea of giving back to our community and serving overseas when called to do so.
Pros
Education
Drill Weekends
Motor Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Butte, MTOctober 16, 2017
During drill weekend the lower enlisted like myself preform a variety of tasks depending on your MOS. Along with doing PT in the morning and a variety of cleaning tasks.
Work with some of the best people on the planet
Combat Engineer (12B) (Current Employee) –  Superior, WIOctober 16, 2017
Get to serve the country and work along some of the best people in the country. Get hands on training on all sorts of equipment and gear used overseas. Lifelong friends and the promise of an adventure if you want one!
To Protect and Serve
Rocket Launcher Specialist (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 16, 2017
There is no greater feeling than serving your country and protecting your neighbors and loved ones. Its an honor to be apart of a team such as the United States Army.
Pros
Pride
Cons
Sacrifice

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5