National Guard
2,349 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Private First Class
Private First Class (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNApril 15, 2014
Was a member of the 278th Army Calvary Unit in Knoxville, Tn. I was stationed in Fort Knox, Ky for my basic training. I participated in leadership classes and military training classes.
Very Productive
Infantryman (Current Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 15, 2014
Pros: brotherly bonds
Cons: fighting in our time of comradery
A typical day at work is always at work's peak. I learned how to maintain focus, and a clear conscience. To be selfless and mindful of my peers to my left and right. The management is awesome. My chain of command is very professional and in contact with the lower enlisted. The hardest part of the day is the down part of the day. In the infantry, down – more... time is just time to sit and talk and play games. I believe in hard work from clock in to clock out. The most enjoyable part of the job is being with my Battle buddies and having an understanding that we all want to go home at the end of the day. We all have families and understand that we are all one big family. To be able to enjoy the people I work with. – less
Fun place to work. Everyone works well with each other
Driver (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 14, 2014
Pros: military life
Cons: can deploy at any time. but thats what is expected and what we train for
A Typical weekend of Training is great. Its just like the regular, active Army. We show up and train, train, train. The people there are great, lead well and can follow orders like no others. Everyone is very well disciplined and we all honor and respect one another. Chain of command is a big thing and every rule is followed.
Positive and professional environment
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Peoria, ILApril 14, 2014
Everyday here creates a new challenge. I constantly learn new skills and grow as an individual while working with one of the most professional and qualified teams the United States has to offer.
n/a
UNIT SUPPLY SERGEANT (Current Employee), Casper, WyomingApril 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job is being away from family. This also gives you valuable skills that you can use in life and gives you great training.
Military
Medical Specialist (Former Employee), San BernardinoApril 14, 2014
Pros: service
Cons: training
working for the CA National Guard will allow you work on state and federal level of military service.
Productive place with excellent training for advancement
SPC Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Grand Ledge, MIApril 14, 2014
Pros: serving my country
Typical day i deal with pilots and their paperwork to make sure they can fly. What ive learned is how to file proper paperwork to make sure the flights are approved, how to track the helicopters, how to talk to the pilots on the radio. The management is great, they train me and help me when needed. The coworkers are great as well, they are there to – more... assist and help keep everything running smooth and have fun at the same time. The hardest part of the job is keeping track of multiple helicopters when you get an adequate amount out flying. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to serve my county and assist in pilots training for when it is time to go to war. – less
Structured, friendly work environment
Signal Systems Support Specialist (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 13, 2014
The military has made me what I am today. The work ethic, the discipline have shaped my professional life. Anyone who enlists will have grooming in their vocabulary if it wasn't already, instill, at best, basic exercise habits and encourage a demeanor that reverberates positively.
Selfless Service
Combat Medic (Current Employee), Slidell, LAApril 12, 2014
Pros: rewarding job, great co-workers and constant atmosphere of motivation
Cons: false alarms, long hours, limited rank as a medic.
Proactive approach to the health and well being of soldiers in garrison and battlefield settings. Administer medications, treat injuries and boost morale of troops.
Great way to give back to my country
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee), NVApril 11, 2014
Pros: it will always be there for me
Cons: deployments
I love being in the national guard. The medicine of the flight paramedic program is great and fun to be a part of.
Rewarding and Highly Informative
G4 Surface Maintenance Management Analyst (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 11, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: time sacrfice
As a company commander, I delegect, plan, and mentor. I learned to lead as well as follow within the countries greatest institution, the US Army.

Hardest part of my job is inspiring personnel to do something they regularly wouldn't want to do, to accomplish a mission that otherwise wouldn't be done.

Most enjoyable part is having a Soldier happy they – more... learned and executed a project. – less
Military
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee), Walbridge, OHApril 11, 2014
Pros: serving your country
Cons: not alot of time to do job/mos
It was fun while I was in. Deployed to Afghanistan. It was nice to only do it once a month for a weekend, especially being home close to family and friends and still been in the military.
Productive and great hands on training
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Coolidge, AZApril 11, 2014
Pros: team building and comaraderie
Cons: traveling and distrance for work.
The Military has been a great organization for strengthening one's inner weaknesses. Great source of training by using discipline, honesty, and integrity.
Excellent place to be employed, wonderfull benefits and a lot of promotion opportunities.
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee), Laramie, WYApril 10, 2014
This was a very secure job with clear start and end dates of active duty.
National Guard provides many opportunities.
19D /25U (Former Employee), Pontotoc, MSApril 10, 2014
All the opportunities you could wish for. It has great leaders and gives you an opportunity to prove yourself.
Challenging
Staff Officer (Current Employee), Towson, MDApril 10, 2014
The National Guard and the Army offer a variety of job challenges. During the year I have worked on multiple different projects from a computer forensic investigation to offering advice on counter-intelligence activities. That diversity is challenging and enjoyable as the work throughout the year changes. I have learned that I am flexible and can adopt – more... to last minute changes while performing in hectic environments. – less
U.S. Army National Guard
Health Care Specialist (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 10, 2014
I've been a member of the National Guard since 1988, and I am proud to serve.
best time ever
E-4 Specialist (Former Employee), Marshall, TXApril 9, 2014
Pros: best place to travel and learn new skills
best time of my life the military taught me a lot. learned to work on a lot of different vehicles. met a lot of new friends
Great customer service
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee), Long Beach, CAApril 9, 2014
Working for turners I learned the basic functions of a cash register and the responsibility of being cashier. I greeted customers and provided customers assistance with whatever questions they had.
Great leadership
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Seagoville, TXApril 9, 2014
I am tasked out for trasportation of troops and materials we may need to complete the mission at hand.

1 2 3 4 5

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more