National Guard
3,065 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Enjoyable
Army (Former Employee), Carville, LAOctober 19, 2014
Most every month is different drills and we did stay up to date on medical things. The people were great, the leadership was awesome. Nothing really negative to say about this.
Great Organization
Chief of Staff (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 19, 2014
Responsible for over 5,000 Soldiers and their preparation for missions in the State, Nation, and overseas.
good work place
Assistant of Puerto Rico Police (Former Employee), Ponce, PROctober 18, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Reinforce security and safety of the citizens
Drug interdiction and other counter-drug activities
Help in preventive patrol jointly with the police
hooah
U.S. Solider (Former Employee), Russellville, AROctober 17, 2014
Pros: free meal, good benefits
Cons: pay scale, buddy system
army life is what it is, you either can hack it or you can't. great benefits and opportunity to advance
Fun, interesting, and very important training
Transportation Specialist (Current Employee), Kingstree, SCOctober 17, 2014
US Army National Guard has a lot of very important and fun training. We travel all over the states if a mission is called for it.
exceptional facility
US National Guard (Current Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 16, 2014
we learned how to deal with detainees in the most human way possible, and everyone at the unit treat each other like a brother.
Life changing, great experience, powerful learning
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2014
A typical day in BCT (Basic Training) would be waking up at 4 every morning, conduct bay maintenance, line up for formation. Have physical training until 6:30am, head back to the barracks, conduct personal hygiene and get ready for the day/class. Have chow (lunch) go back to class or other training, have chow (dinner) then have personal time until 2100 – more... (9:00 pm) go to sleep and start the next day the same. – less
To serve
Lieutenant (Current Employee), MOOctober 16, 2014
Pros: comradery
Cons: out of town one weekend a month.
It is an honor and a privilege to serve my country any way I can. This job has been bestowed upon me because I hold a level of trust with the people above where I am. This is not something I take lightly, nor should any one else. No one else surely does!
Private E2 Infantryman (Current Employee), Lexington ArmoryOctober 16, 2014
Is one of the funnest places to be lots to earn no regrets! A regular day at work would be 7am-4pm you would clean your weapons, will learn new tactics depends on your job really.
Wrench Bending
Specialist 91B10 All Wheeled (Current Employee), La Grande, OROctober 16, 2014
All wheeled vehicle Diesel mechanic. Multiple Diesel engine
types. Perform various maintenance tasks to include repair and replace parts on Multiple types of vehicles
Physical Securiy NCO
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Iowa City, IaOctober 16, 2014
Pros: life experience that is amazing
Cons: possiable deployments
This was the typical M-day position. One weekend per month and 2 weeks per summer. Excellent part time job that after 21 years I retired.
Love Serving In The Army
12 Bravo Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Lawrenceville, ILOctober 16, 2014
Pros: able to serve my country
Cons: 1 weekend a month
Enjoy my job in the army when i am at drill which is 1 weekend a month with 2 weeks in the summer
Job with a variety of duties
Military Police (Current Employee), Guaynabo, PROctober 15, 2014
Loved to work at the beach and meeting new people from all over the world giving them a excellent customer service but was also given other tasks at the hotel which helped me learn new skills.
Great place to learn to become a better person
Communication Chief (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INOctober 15, 2014
with the goals and teachings of the Army the National Guard is the best place to instill discipline, and become a better person. Love the Guard
opportunity to have a career with the CA National Guard
Staff Environmental Scientist (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: being able to interface with many people, both in the military and community
Cons: reduced funding for projects and not moving as fast as i might like on occasion
Prior to my coming to the Guard in '91, there had been no environmental compliance staff position. I literally had the chance to create and develop the position from the beginning. The most enjoyable part of my job was getting to interface with everyone from the hanger mechanics to the post commander almost every day. Being the only staff position for – more... over 15 years, I learned to manage projects and personnel in a variety of ways ( a civilian having to manage, teach and supervise military personnel). The most difficult part of the job was that sometimes government doesn't move at a pace that one might like. I had the privilege to work with some of the finest individuals anywhere, both officer and enlisted. Again, one of the most enjoyable parts of my day was, many times I would plan my day/week out and what needed to be accomplished was nothing I had planned. I learned to be very resilient and versatile. I also had the opportunity on many occasions to act as the post commander's point of contact at city council meetings and key individuals in the community along with local, state and federal regulatory personnel. I feel that my biggest accomplishment was that in twenty years, the CA National Guard received no fines, notices of violation or compliance orders during my tenure. – less
Active fast paced company with lots of potential
Surface Maintenance Specialist Manager (Current Employee), North Fort Hood, TX 76528October 15, 2014
Pros: great experience and motivation working with a diverse work force.
Cons: location
Work four ten hour days supervising and working with a diverse work force. Complete maintenance requirements for a variety of equipment. To include but not limited to large trucks, track vehicles and various diesel vehicles and generators. Access to a vast range of tools and equipment in order to comlete services and repairs.
Change is the only constant.
Sergeant (Former Employee), Canton, GAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: good pay and camaraderie
Cons: contradictory management from higher headquarters
In almost 26 years, I watched the Georgia Army National Guard change from a heavy infantry mechanized brigade to a lighter, more mobile combat brigade. I also experienced quite a few missions involving combat and combat support operations sine the tragedy of September 11, 2001.
Fun, very productive
SGT (Former Employee), Hartsville, SCOctober 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: one weekend a month
Overall I loved the job. I was in a management position for about 2 years. I have absolutely no negative things to say about it.
Great Benefits to assist you with for future endeavors
Quartermaster and Chemical Repair Specialist (Current Employee), Chandler, OKOctober 15, 2014
* Fitness and health techniques
* Training on different equipment
* Team work and Leadership
happy
Ranger, Scout (Current Employee), Fort Benning, GAOctober 14, 2014
Hardest part of the day is when your shift is almost over. Most enjoyable time is when im able to greet my peers and customers.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more