National Guard
3,244 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Opportunities for eager people
Communications (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
Great opportunity to serve your community and state while working towards a solid career and benefits.
Most Rewarding job ever
Being a productive member of a team (Former Employee), Naugatuck, CTDecember 9, 2014
• Being a productive member of a team
• Supporting the community
Instructor
Driving Instructor WLC Instructor ALC Instructor (Current Employee), Ashland, NEDecember 9, 2014
You will be in charge of 16 students and will make sure they receive all the classes that they will need to graduate from the course. You will be covering topics from Marching to how to move your troops around under fire.
Good place to grow
Engineer Platoon Leader (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 9, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, active lifestyle
Cons: can be difficult for work/life balance
US Army can offer leadership challenges few other organizations can match. Great place to learn and grow.
Army National Guard
Infantryman (Current Employee), Effingham, ILDecember 9, 2014
The National Guard is an incredible way to serve your country and be able to have a home life as well. Being able to come home to my family and learn are to protect them at the same time is phenomenal.
Feel good about serving your country
Personnel Management Officer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you know exactly what is expected of you
Cons: low pay
Organization is a must!
Timeliness is a must!
Military uniform everyday
Great Mission
Colorado National Guard Aviation Safety Officer (Current Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: deployments
Great mission and people. Excellent pay. Fun organization.
fun
Chemical agents specialiast (Current Employee), Gardena, CADecember 8, 2014
With your well-earned sense of pride and selflessness, people will look to you in the moment of need. You will rebuild the lives of friends and neighbors after a devastating disaster, or travel the globe to bring basic human needs to a third-world village. Your sense of purpose and impact on the world around you will never waver again.
Learned about IT
Trained IT Specialist/LAN Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Learned many important facets of IT in a fast paced environment. Hands on experience was great and very helpful
military exp
Specialist/Heavy Machine Operator (Current Employee), maui HawaiiDecember 7, 2014
Pros: the exp
Cons: it the military
it the military good benefit like the va home loan if and when you sent over sea good exp and you make a carrer out the military aswell good schools that help in the military and life. you make close friends and familiy while you are in the military one weekend month and two weeks out of the year
Productive and fun workplace
National Guard (Former Employee), Eldridge, IADecember 7, 2014
Pros: great time respectable job
A typical day was training and fun task with a team. I learned to trust myself. Management was great.
Army National Guard
Combat Airborne Medic (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 6, 2014
I signed up for the experience of serving our country, and that's what I got. Go in with a plan, and stick it out.
The military works hard!
Editor/Policy Writer (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 6, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: lack of parking
The rotation of military staff keeps the environment new and interesting.
National Guard
Army National Guard (Former Employee), Forest Park, ILDecember 6, 2014
Duties include, weekend drills and schooling to learn responsibilities and leadership skills
before going into active duty in the Army
I love the people I drill with
MOS 25U- Signal and Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Hampton, VADecember 5, 2014
I love the military. We drill once a month .Sometimes it be a easy weekend others it doesn't. We usually go to the range shoot weapons, practice on our equipment and prepare for AT, AT is annual training that occurs in the summer. Its about two weeks where the brigade and battalion get together and prepare a mission .
a
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INDecember 5, 2014
A typical day with the National Guard is very interesting since you are constantly and continuously training, There are so many interesting things to learn, and easy to advance if you have a strong work ethic.
Great benefits & leadership experience
Infantryman/Cadet (Current Employee), San AntonioDecember 5, 2014
My time in the National Guard has been amazing because of the experience that I have been apart of and the opportunity to get leadership experience has really developed me to become a better leader.
great for life structuring and discipline, offered stability
lightwheeled vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: very informative
Cons: very strick
tought uniformity, maintenance mechanic skills, and life survival skills
review
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Tifton, GADecember 4, 2014
nothing really bad to say about the guard, just wish that I would have went Active Duty
great place to work
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Boweling green ohioDecember 4, 2014
it is a great place to work it teaches hard work and learn you come in for morning pt and then you are tasked out on what you have on the agenda for the day.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more