National Guard

4.2K reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Wonderful Opportunities
1LT Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INAugust 22, 2015
Great opportunities to learn and grow as a leader. Training is the best in the world. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with this organization.
Great way to balance military life with personal life.
Infantryman (Current Employee), Hillsboro OregonAugust 22, 2015
Leadership cares about those under it. Pay is what one would expect out of a part time job. Hours consist of one weekend a month and two weeks out of the year during the summer for annual training.
Fun and Stressful
Family Readiness Group (Current Employee), Tucson, AZAugust 22, 2015
Enjoyable, fast paced, and last minute projects. It's a pleasure to work with military families. Coordinate family events with unit commander.
Exciting adventures and good people to meet
Chief (Current Employee), Monticello, KYAugust 21, 2015
At times the work/training can be less appealing but it is rewarding. I've learned a great deal of how to be a leader and how it has helped me become a better father to my kids. My co-workers makes it enjoyable and sometimes tolerable to do my job. It is better to have a good leaders to show guide you in to becoming a leader for your career. With that being said, I do have good leaders. I would say the hardest part of my job is leaving my family for training or when I am called up for a deployment. And finally, the best part of my job are the places I have been. Some places I may never have the chance to go.
Work one weekend a month .
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), McConnelsville, OHAugust 21, 2015
Get to work with a variety of diverse people one weekend a month. Camaraderie between team members always bring a fun dynamic to the tasks at hand.
Rewarding job.
Contracting Officer Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Learned many new skills.
Cons: Not enough funding.
Exciting job with no two days alike.

Awesome co-workers with great camaraderie. You truly feel part of a team.

Long hours and long road trips at times.

Overall a good place to work.
Great job if you love to travel.
Logistics Operations Officer (Former Employee), Allentown, PAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great Experience
Cons: Long duty days and lots of time away from family.
Overall good experience but lots of room for improvement with handling of sensitive information. Too much time away from family but overall very good people.
Military
Human Resources Officer (Former Employee), Fort Richardson, AKAugust 21, 2015
Fast changing environment. Military requires strong and fit bodies able to perservere in challenging conditions. It recognizes potential and rewards accordingly.
Do it all
Active Guard and Reserve Readiness NCO AZANG (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Lots to do
Cons: to much responsablity for the pay
During the week I am acting/representing Company commander. I make disitions that impact all the Soldiers in my unit. Ensure payroll, and all admisitrative tasks are completed per the suspence and informing Commander on Unit operations monthy
Productive and fun work place
Care Coordinator/ Administrative (Current Employee), EllenwoodAugust 20, 2015
Pros: good flexcibility
Cons: relocations with out pay
It was the best work experience in management, structure, and flexcibility. I learned a lot that would bring advancement in my career
Great job
petroleum supply specialist (Current Employee), Papago Military Base Scotsdale, AZAugust 20, 2015
Being in the Army National Guard has helped me grow as a person. I learned leadership skills I also learned how to be part of a team.
Busy work enviroment
UH-60 Repairer/NDI Technician/Phase Team Lead (Current Employee), Fort Richardson, AKAugust 20, 2015
Typical military flight line work environment with a huge variety of personalities. Typical day starts extremely busy and levels out during the day
Good place to work with excvellent benefits
Chaplain Assistant (Former Employee), Austin TXAugust 20, 2015
Most days at work are as flexible as you will find anywhere, if you are good, you will be recognized. Will get intense when mobilizations occur. Very few people offer better benefits.
Interesting and fun place to work part time.
Infantryman (Current Employee), Logansport, INAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Time away from family.
Working for the United States Army National Guard is a fun, interesting, rewarding, and challenging place to work. I get to meet and work with a lot of different people from all over the state of Indiana. When we go out to training facilities I get to work with people from different states and even countries. Everyday is different with new challenging experiences.
Always something new to learn every time I go to drill.
Carpenter/ Mason (Current Employee), Lewiston, MaineAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Learn new skills and make close friends
Cons: Long hours and could be paid better
I work with a close group that I could easily call my family. We work many hours and through many tasks, but always finish our jobs with professionalism and perfection.
Extremely Honorable Career
MANAGER / COMMANDER (Current Employee), Johnson City, TNAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, effective leadership, endless training opportunities, honor in serving
Cons: deployment is always a possibility, but takes time away from our familes
The Tennessee Army National Guard participates in domestic and foreign service to this great country. We assist in times of riot, during inclement weather, we support our local government and often assist with security at local events. We deploy to serve overseas along side the Army, Navy, and Marine Corps. We receive endless training opportunities and take pride in helping the communities in Tennessee. – more... We live to serve and are proud to fight for our freedom when called upon to do so. Those in the Tennessee Army National Guard also choose a variety of career fields outside of their Military Reserve services. We have everything from SWAT team members to Computer programmers to Ministers to Musicians and actors within our ranks. The diversity is amazing and the individuals are all volunteers considered brothers and sisters to us all. The culture is that of family. We respect each other and work as a team. – less
Productive and fun workplace, travel
Flight Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDAugust 20, 2015
Pros: health benefits, life insurance, discounts, access to gym, awards, travel
Cons: near minimum wage, slow promotions
customer service (phone calls, walk in request)
clerical duties such as filing reports
managing flight records
tracking multiple flights per hour
ensuring safety on the flight line and inside the facility
collaborating with the fire department on fire rescue and emergency landing drills
This job is rewarding.
Highest ranking achieved - E-5, Buck Sergeant (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The benefits
Cons: Takes time from the family.
The work is hard at times. The hours can be long. You learn plenty while helping many. The US Army has a position for everyone.
The most professional organization in the world
Fire Control Sergeant (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSAugust 20, 2015
Pros: You get to blow stuff up
Cons: Mountains of paperwork
I would say that everyone could benefit from working in the Army, unfortunately only the best are qualified to do it. I have yet to find a unit that I don't enjoy being a part of. As an artilleryman, I of course believe that the artillery is a step above the rest.
proud american
92A, Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Bluffdale, UTAugust 19, 2015
i'm proud to serve my country. the army national guard provides many job opprotunities, and advacement. rank growth, and the best medical insurance ever
Headquarters