National Guard
3,767 reviews

National Guard United States Employee Reviews

serve the community and the country
Staff Sergeant- Physical Security Team Chief (Current Employee), Gary, INApril 21, 2015
Pros: camaraderie learn life skills and a profession.
Cons: some long term travel maybe required
one weekend a month and at least two weeks usually during the summer. learn survival skills, how to shoot, learn how to lead and manage people, travel, experience new cultures
strict.
Human resources specialist/infantryman (Former Employee), everywhereApril 20, 2015
it was not as professional as i wouldve expected of the texas military forces but for the most part i worked with really good people.
Very good place to work, it is Military
Senior Supervisor (Former Employee), Taylor, TXApril 20, 2015
The National Guard is a Great Organization made up of the most Professional people I have ever worked with in my 35 year Military career.
Very good learning enviornment
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Taylorsville MSApril 20, 2015
My job as a Automated Logistical Specialist was to supply my unit with the necessary tools and supplies needed to run efficiently.
Good organzation to work for.
Senior Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IowaApril 20, 2015
Good organization to work for. Organized and good training environment. Difficult hours to predict work and lifestyle. Great for team building.
Awesome workplace
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), New YorkApril 20, 2015
Negotiates complex public and private real estate and economic development deals involving sensitive, high-level communication between stakeholders....
2 days ago - save job - email - more...
Track Worker - new

Other CSX subsidiaries provide technology and real estate support to the company. Work as a member of a crew to install new railroad track, maintain existing...
2 days ago - save job - email - more...
Productive Work place
Recruiter (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 18, 2015
Lots of training opportunities in many different fields. All this training that is offered is very beneficial in the civilian world.
Army National Guard
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Kennesaw, GAApril 17, 2015
The army has so many benefits. Its a secure place to be employed, and the opportunities for advancement are endless.Currently I'm signed up for a 6 year contract and as of right now, I will reenlist when the time is right.
Military work and Training.
Power Generation Technition (Former Employee), Ishpeming, MIApril 17, 2015
Pros: Learned how to work on a lot of equipment and met a lot of people.
Cons: At times we had a lapse in communcations. Made work a little frustrating at times.
I did work on power generators. Repaired and did basic maintenance on generators ranging from two Kilowatt generators to 60 Kilowatt generators. Made sure everyone had the correct power and did minor repair and maintenance on all wheeled vehicles for the Army.
Grat career
Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Phila. PAApril 17, 2015
Pros: family atmosphere.
Cons: the job could be done more simply.
I worked under many great supervisors. I had many supervisors for different aspects of the job. All coomunicated well and worked for the advancement of my career in Logistics
Get a break from cilvian life.
Tank Fueler (Current Employee), Pratt, KSApril 16, 2015
Pros: Get to stay in a hotal room on the weekends we go to drill
Cons: Always on my weekends when I am supposed to have my son.
We do paperwork one day they we will have classes the next day along with drivers training. We check the trucks to make sure they are in working order for when we do missions. Most of our missions will be in Fort Riley, Kansas. I will get on top of the truck to measure the bulk fuel that is in the tanks. Which most months is zero since we are not aloud to have more then 300 gallons of bulk fuel at one time. Enlisting has taught me how to time manage better, to be on time, and getting back into shape. I would say the hardest part of the job is leaving my family when we go to Fort Riley for our two weeks on active duty. Most enjoyable part of this is the reward of putting that uniform on every month.
Best job of my life
Soldier-Unit Supply (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 16, 2015
Pros: Brotherhood and great training
Cons: none
I love being a soldier. I have given 7 years of my life to my country and I wouldn't change it for the world. I live and breath my job and still never get tired of it.
Great learning experience!
Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee), Caribou, MEApril 15, 2015
From day one at basic training to every day since, I have learned things. Some of these lessons may have not come easily, but they were well-learned and later used in some fashion. Not even just practical things, but even different ways of looking at things that have helped me to persevere and overcome any challenge life throws at me.
Mississippi National Guard
Infantry Sergeant (Current Employee), Poplarville MsApril 15, 2015
Very good organization. Great to serve your country and also have a home life and being part of something that is bigger than yourself.
great place to be with the guys doing your thang
Calvary Scout (Former Employee), Glen Jean, WVApril 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch and dinner and dental and health in surance
Cons: if you mess up up pay for it in exersize
you clean set though briefs and pmcs your vehicle. learn a lot of discipline on how to treat people and how to watch for signs of sue aside.
it's the Army
Radiology Sergeant (Current Employee), Springfield, ILApril 15, 2015
Team work environment focused on mission accomplishment. The money isn't all that great, but, I don't do it for the money. It is all about helping people and making their lives better.
Exciting career
Food Service Advisor (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, ability to learn new skills
Cons: Weather conditions
Very exciting job; advancement opportunities are available if you work hard and show you have the knowledge.

Hardest part of the job is the long hours and extreme weather conditions.
Busy but fun work environment
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2015
Pros: free meals, got to work with a lot of nice people
Cons: long hours
I only worked once a month for 2 days and 2 weeks in the summer for the national guard. But on a typical day i would report to pt (physical training) at 6:30 am. We did pt for about an hour or an hour and a half. Then we would change and be in formation at 8:00 am. In formation the First Sergeant would take roll to make sure everyone is there, then go over everything that needed done for the day. Usually we had some kind of training or classes. Then we would go to work. My job was human resources. My best friend worked in the same office as me, she was my partner. Any kind of paperwork issue someone had they would come to us and we would fix it, or send them to someone who could. We did prepared paperwork for promotions, awards, leave, unit transfers, and deployments. I also worked with the training sergeant. I helped him schedule and prepare for classes and training.
Great group of people to work with.
Management Analyst (Contractor) (Current Employee), New Castle, DEApril 14, 2015
Great group of people to work with but if you are not a part of the click you will not go far. They have great work hours and great pay.
Excellent for young adults
PLL/TAMMS Clerk (Former Employee), Robbins, ILApril 14, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Dangerous Missions
Young adults could benefit from all aspects of the National Guard. Education, training and health care along with many other aspects.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries