National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 4,704 reviews matching the search
Excellent Work Enviornment
Cavalry Scout- Reconissence (Current Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAFebruary 1, 2016
Learn excellent skills and the meaning of team work. Gain knowledge on Military operations and how to deploy knowledge in real world scenarios. Provides soldier with education benefits that allows the soldier to attend state schools for free.
Highest level of hands on learning
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Its great to learn about leadership, communication, and also teamwork is the biggest advantage about being in the military.
hard
Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 31, 2016
you work hard, with minimal sleep, pushes you to your limits. Shifts are long, labor intense work, sometimes not even doing something that you were trained for. People are great to be around and learn many useful and important skills how to cook, work on a car engine etc.
Pros
3 square meals, find out what you are made of
Cons
work you hard
Best thing in my life
Aviation Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaJanuary 31, 2016
The National Guard provides me with more than an mos, they provide me with opportunities for everything I want to do in life.
I serve with a great group of men and women.
Tow Driver and Shop Worker (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 31, 2016
My company is a signal company. We serve the headquarters battalion. I work hard every day along side many other great soldiers to help accomplish the mission.
if it aint raining, it aint training
Transportation Operator (5/113th Field Artillery) (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCJanuary 30, 2016
good job and get to meet lots of cool people and make life long friends but leadership can be slack depending on unit. i wouls recommend to anyone seeking a little adventure .
Pros
people
Cons
leadership
Awesome
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Thomson, GAJanuary 29, 2016
I learned a lot after joining the national guard like transferable skills such as communication and leadership that allowed me to seamlessly transition from one career to another.
Organized and Productive
Helicopter Repairer (Current Employee) –  Fort Indiantown Gap, PAJanuary 29, 2016
Very well rounded military orientated workplace. Organized with and outstanding chain of command along with an excellent standard operating procedure.
Truck driver
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 28, 2016
One weekend a month, good health insurance and college benefits. Not really much else, some cilivian employers make it hard for us but that fine. Unemployment among gaurd/reserve is high
Great brotherhood with everyone i work with.
HIMARS Rocket System Specialist (Current Employee) –  Monticello, KYJanuary 28, 2016
Always training
Managament of lower enlisted soldiers, and training up the lower enlisted.
Managment and co-workers work well together and always helping eachother out in order to get the job done, whatever it may be.
Benefits
Cons
Short Breaks
Great Workplace
Personnel/Logistics Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 28, 2016
Great job security. Retired after 20 years of active duty service. The Army taught me about life and gave me the opportunity to obtain higher education.
Pros
Leadership Opportunities, professional growth and travel
Cons
non
Military is not for everyone.
Pay Clerk Mobilization Liaison (Former Employee) –  Camp Murray, WAJanuary 27, 2016
If you have thick skin, can handle straight forward discussions without having your hand held, and can work autonomously then the military is a perfect fit. If you need to have someone hold your hand, walk you through everything, or use political correctness, then I would not enlist.
Pros
Adventure, autonomous work, awesome job experience and training.
Cons
Some sacrifice their lives for the opportunity to protect our freedoms.
teamwork
Satellite Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 27, 2016
small group working toward achieving common goal. exposure to off the self items enhances the learning curve. You have the ability to work alone of in small teams.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
ranking members
Very productive work environment with a supportive team mentaity.
Domain Manager/Access Control Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 27, 2016
While working with the Army National Guard I was given opportunities daily to learn new things and work with new people. My job was challenging but I enjoyed the challenge and enjoyed learning new things about the systems we worked with.
Pros
Benefits, paid days off
Cons
job security
Disciplined and constructive workplace
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time in the military. I learned a lot, it helped and kept me disciplined. I met a lot of new people from all over the world, and got to experience things the average civilian would not.
Military
U.S. Solider (Current Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCJanuary 26, 2016
Great Job, I Love It, Great Interaction With Soliders, Good Training, & A Great Experience, Traveling, Learning New Things & Executing
1 weekend a month 2weeks a year
COMBAT MEDIC (Current Employee) –  Niantic, CTJanuary 26, 2016
During each weekend we go over and review life saving skills and practices. There are about 50 people in my unit including my chain of command. We are a ground ambulance crew that manages about 25 ground ambulances.
Pros
Serve my country and state
Very structured training with great NCO's
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kalispell, MTJanuary 26, 2016
I love being in the Guard and serving my country and all the benefits they offer me for doing so. I joined the National Guard in April 2015, since then I have completed and graduated from Basic Combat Training. My training was the best training and i loved it.
Pros
Great training, good food, different and very productive training
productive and fun workplace
Logistical Supply/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Puerto RicoJanuary 26, 2016
start working and enjoy working, responsibility in work, do the job well, safety is very important in all work, finishing the day's work
Great Place overall
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jasper, INJanuary 25, 2016
While some superiors were uptight and overbearing, it was a great place to work. Working on the funeral honors team brought a great sense of pride with the work.

4.5