National Guard
2,783 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Physically, Mentally, and Morally challenging job!
Infantryman/Radio Transmit Operator (Current Employee), Lexington, VAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: security clearance, healthcare, job security, physically tough
Cons: long hours
Defenders of the red, white, and blue against opposing forces both foreign and domestic. America's strength in war and deterrent in peace.
Weekend Training
Military Police (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORAugust 11, 2014
It's going through some changes right now and is working on disposing the MOS I'm in so we are in the mix of figuring that out.
Being apart of the community
Team Leader (Current Employee), Rolla, MOAugust 11, 2014
The ability to train fellow soldiers on tasks and military style roles that are not available to the public. Learning to work with all types of individuals in order to accomplish goals and objectives.
Great job linked to college students
M1 Armor Crewman (19K) (Current Employee), MNAugust 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, good work structure
Cons: time away from loved ones
Had the opportunity to leave home to develop further training in the military. Was able to work on my college degree while serving in the National Guard.
Good for college
Driver/Gunner (Former Employee), Mobile, ALAugust 10, 2014
Pros: college money
Cons: harder to work two jobs
Military
DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names. DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names. DO NOT include any personally identifiable information, such as names.
look at resume
Infantryman (Current Employee), Silver spring mdAugust 10, 2014
1. Good people
2. hard work
3. Proud to be 11B
Long hours sometime with deployment and traveling the world to make home a safer place
Most rewarding experience in my life
Infantryman (Former Employee), IowaAugust 10, 2014
Pros: will expand your potential
Cons: spend a lot of time away from family
Every member has a different experience, but each is rewarding in their own way.
Productive and Competitive
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 10, 2014
Pros: i love the work
Cons: n/a
I go to class to complete my mos training as a 92F(Petroleum Supply Specialist). I've learned loyality, duty, respect, selfless sercive, honor, integrity, and personal courage from being in the military. My work environment is very relaxed it has its tensed times. I would have to say that the hardest part about my job is being the best at my job because – more... there are so many trying to be the best. What i like the most about my job is doing my job and doing it to my best ability. – less
invaluable life experience
Personal Records Specialist - Company Clerk (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2014
Pros: high adventure
Cons: low pay
Basic training was one of the best experiences of my life. Gives your life valuable structure.
Gave a foundation for leadership and confidence in oneself
COMBAT MEDIC (NCO) (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: government job, benefits for school
Cons: tough, long hours
Each day in the national guard entailed progressive monitoring of the health of every soldier within the unit to ensure the continued success and safety of the entire unit. I was overseeing several medics at a time to establish a standard manner of treatment and evaluation. Wellness for the soldiers would include practices such as IV's, blood draws, – more... emergency medical procedures with many different instruments, and mental and medical health evaluations. The most difficult part of the job involved complication with mass communication within a large network of soldiers, making changes in standards difficult to track or follow. The most enjoyable parts of this profession included working as a team, along with having independence to achieve some missions. – less
productive and friendly environment
Tank Mechanic (Former Employee), Williamsport, PAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: teaches anything you wanna learn
it was a blast to be in made a lot of friends and learned a whole lot about different things. went a lot of new places and meet a lot of very cool people.
Thrilling experience as a "part time" soldier
Specialist, Officer Candidate (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: working out all weekend
Cons: no breaks on drill weekend
A typical drill weekend encourages me to push myself past my limits, set goals for myself and train as a team member. The hardest part is keeping up with some of the most physically fit men but it is enjoyable to compete with each other.
Great time
Officer (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNAugust 8, 2014
I love to serve my country and state, Great job to have, awesome benefits
great for the right person
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 8, 2014
Pros: adventure travel advancement
Cons: balance between home life and guard life
have to be willing to keep up on personal fitness and obey your higher ups. Must stand out and not shy away from competition.
helps with college and can add a great supplement to your pay
military
Engineer Plans Officer, 578th Engineer Battalion (Former Employee), Manhattan Beach, CAAugust 8, 2014
A very challenging emotional and physical industry to work in.
typical unit and second family
Specialist / hydraulic repair (Current Employee), eastover, scAugust 7, 2014
go in for the weekend get our stuff done and everyone is interative and helpful to be informed and trained
Hard Work, but rewarding
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAAugust 7, 2014
Met the greatest friends I have had and have till this day while serving my country.
The Army Guard is an excellent place to receive training that will last for a life time.
133rd Army Band musician (Former Employee), Camp Murray, WAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: the balance between musician and soldier made the job very interesting and challenging.
Cons: congress could increase pay and benefits for those that serve their country.
I served as an E-5 in the 133rd Army Band. The unit training, both in music and soldierization, was excellent. For a reservist, the balance between citizen and soldier was very good. Opportunities for advancement from basic training to NCO school was based on fair and unbiased evaluations. O-5 commanders were easy to work for, and did listen to the – more... concerns of the band members. – less
Establishes operating and work procedures, inspects dining, food preparation/storage areas, and dining facility personnel.
Food Service Manager (Current Employee), Sergeant, PAAugust 7, 2014
Pros: serving in the guard has made my transition from military life to civilian life easier to coup with.
Cons: transitioning from eight years active duty to the guard was a culture shock, at times i wish i ramained active and pursued 20 year retirement service.
Enjoy training soldiers and interacting with various individuals from different walks of life. I enjoy food service and happily pass my knowledge to the soldiers appointed under me. It is easy to adjust my civilian life around my monthly drill schedual. Due to the gaps between drills sometimes it is a personal struggle to adjust to reporting to drill. – more... I love serving and appreciate the benefits I have received for my service. – less
Great Job
Combat Medic (Former Employee), atlanta georgiaAugust 7, 2014
I gained so much experience in the national guard as a combat medic that I feel I can take the civilian workforce by storm

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more