National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,933 reviews matching the search
Its the army
Specialist/Chemical Specialist (CBRN) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 27, 2017
Why am i Being Asked to write a review about the Army? I learned physical fitness discipline and hazmat stuff. Hardest part of the job is being away from family and other people shooting at you. Its the Army.
Pros
Steady Job.
Cons
Being away from Family
Typical military atmosphere.
E-4 Petroleum Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCMarch 26, 2017
It is about making the best of any situation. It is a different type of experience. Not for everyone. I have learned a lot from being apart of the National Guard.
Demanding but fun part time job!
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  MississippiMarch 26, 2017
A combat engineer (also called field engineer, pioneer or sapper in many armies) is a soldier who performs a variety of construction and demolition tasks under combat conditions.
fun job
UH-60 Black Hawk Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMarch 25, 2017
Working for the national guard has been fun. I enjoyed being there and working for my country has been amazing and fun it has been wonderful and fullfilling
great place to work
Senior Adviser (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 25, 2017
typical work day was 10 hours and we worked a minimum of one weekend a month. Management was always assisting and concerned with your professional growth. The most demanding part of the job was the hours required to reach goals. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships that were built.
Pros
great benefits and pay.
Discipline is a MUST; Professionalism is the key to success
Culinary Specialist (92g) (Current Employee) –  Barrigada, GUMarch 25, 2017
The national guard is like my second home, they are my battle buddies and i enjoy my early morning PT with them all. Its the army that is my reason to keep being motivated in life.
benefits
Cons
collegues
Productive and very diverse.
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Winterville, NCMarch 24, 2017
I enjoy what I do and I love to fight for my country. We have a lot of work and training that we do and we typically do it one weekend out of the month.
Experience
91P SGT (Current Employee) –  Ft. Knox, KYMarch 24, 2017
The Army guard gives you the tools to advance your career on your own or continue your education and improve your quality of life. I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to advance so quickly with the guard and have a successful career in my first enlistment.
88 Mike Motor Transport Operator (Truck Driver) (Current Employee) –  New Windsor, NYMarch 24, 2017
Fun learning experience, part of the best team in the United States, One Percent of the population in the US is in the Military. Learned life experiences and its very diverse.
you will get collage paid for
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gary, INMarch 23, 2017
If you would like to go to college and do not have money the national guard will take care of that, plus you get paid once a month for showing up one weekend, which when you are in your teens and in school it is great
Best Job I ever had
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nevada, MOMarch 23, 2017
Petroleum Supply Specialist, mobile refueling operations. I loved being in the military to serve in a capacity that made an impact on what it means to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Very rewarding career.
Human Resource Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 23, 2017
Human resources Sergeant-assisting all clerical duties and additional assigned duties.
Managed Soldiers, personnel files, drug testing,
Transport driver for soldiers
The workplace was a very friendly place
The most enjoyable part of the job was serving my country every single day.
Pros
Satisfying career
Security Guard for Arkansas Nuclear One
Specialists (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARMarch 23, 2017
I loved working as a Security Guard, I only left due to being deployed. While deployed I was injured and was unable to return to work when I came home.
Pros
Great pay, and set schedules.
Cons
Great Place to find new skills
UH-60 Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CA 90720March 23, 2017
Army National Guard is a great place to find new jobs, and build new skills to build on. Many career opportunities to chose from, and a lot of traveling to go with it
Comradely
92G Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNMarch 23, 2017
A typical day in the service for me was getting up early (3-4 am) start prepping then cooking breakfast. Serve food to fellow soldiers while cleaning. You would then attend the commanders meeting to find out what was on the days agenda. After which prep for dinner was to begin. After prep you attend classes or field training as was required. At around 3 pm dinner was to be cooked and served at 5-530 pm. After clean up you would have a few hours of free time before you needed to sleep. Then you repeat previous day.
Great family support
00F/ Office Personal (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 23, 2017
There is a morning brief to inform the group of any changes that need to be addressed.
I learned patience and a great deal of discipline while being employed with the Military.
I am responsible for the welfare of several individuals. This responsibility is taken very serious. I personally believe this is one of the keystones of a healthy work environment.
I don't feel as though there is any issues with the job itself. Although there is an issue with getting the job done when the equipment required to get the job done is not working or is not available.
The reward of the people I take care of are satisfied with my help. Being able to provide answers or assistance to anyone who is having a difficult time with any given situation.
Pros
Meeting new and interesting people
Cons
Unable to grow facial hair
Military Life
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 22, 2017
Provides opportunity for people to get their life on track to have successful professional career in both the military and civilian world. Puts you on path to where there no room for failure and able to accomplish your goals in any job field across the spectrum.
its up and downs
Specialist (Current Employee) –  LaPorte, INMarch 22, 2017
go in and do special training or working on the vehicles or following order of my sergeant. after all that we eat and do clean up to make sure everything is in order
Pros
health care dental care
Cons
time and days to be there
Being a U.S. Soldier
12K (Plumber) (Current Employee) –  Quincy, FLMarch 22, 2017
My typical day i would have to be on time to about 4-5 formations. I would perform PT (physical training), job training, cleaning, cleaning up my work area; while maintaining my military bearing.
A great Experience
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 22, 2017
The National Guard is like nothing else. Balancing a civilian job, school, drill, and a social life can be difficult at times, but it is well work it in the end.
Pros
Benefits, Stability(sometimes)
Cons
Time management, inconvinient at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5