National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,711 reviews matching the search
Go Army
12B Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  Napoleonville, LAFebruary 15, 2017
It starts in basic training: It is the most fun you never wanted to have. Yes, never wanted to have. While basic is hard, it is as equally rewarding. Monthly drills are for the most part mundane and monotonous; checking vehicles, building maintenance, death-by-powerpoint classes and briefings. But, when we go out in the field to do training, It can't be beat. Whether it's something as simple as qualifying with you weapon or as complex as running missions with your team as attached to a different unit as part of a whole combat simulation, it's the best!
Exciting and safe work place with an different adventure everyday
63b- All wheeled mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCFebruary 15, 2017
As a all wheeled mechanic I was reponsible for supervising and performing maintenance and recovery operations on wheeled vehicles and associated items, as well as heavy-wheeled vehicles and select armored vehicles. My job duties were to maintain wheeled vehicles, their associated trailers and material handling equipment systems.
Inspecting, servicing, maintaining, repairing, replacement, adjusting and testing of wheeled vehicles and material handling equipment systems, subsystems and components, service automotive electrical systems including wiring harness, and starting and charging systems.
Not what you would expect first going in with hardly any knowledge about the army or it's inner workings.
Allied trades specialist (91E) (Former Employee) –  Camp Lincoln Springfield, ilFebruary 15, 2017
Anyone enlisting can become a great soldier. Everyone is treated the same, respectful and with dignity. Learn great skills from very knowledgeable and experienced individuals, good for your career in and out of the military. Everyone is taught to absorb and perform on the basic principals that make an individual a great American soldier.
N/a
Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2017
Working conditions varied as well as jobs. Many times you do other peoples jobs and busy work when no tasks were available.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Poor management by higher ranking individuals, performing jobs other than your specialty most of the time
Weekend job with decent incetives
Supply/Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 15, 2017
In the national guard you only work one weekend a month and in that weekend you need to brush up on all the skills necessary to perform your job. I had many leaders that made sure i was able to perform my job to the best of my abilities. The hardest part of the job is trying to get into the mindset of a soldier for that one weekend. The most enjoyable part is getting to do some fun training every few months.
Goal driven solid foundation
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  National City, CAFebruary 14, 2017
I love serving for my country and in the Army. I enjoy being in the national guard as it had allowed me to serve close to home, unless on deployment, and also allows me to pursue a full time career.
Benefits
Cons
Pay
An enjoyable experience.
91B Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Camden, SCFebruary 14, 2017
Overall it has been a very enjoyable experience working with the National Guard. I have gotten to meet many people of differing ethnicities and cultures. I have met many leaders (many of which may have been loud and aggressive) of which all have taught me many valuable lessons and have made me better than I was before. I believe it is something everyone should experience at least once.
Pros
The experience in general.
Cons
The power-points and wait-times.
Excellent Organization
UH-60 HELICOPTER CREW CHIEF (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 14, 2017
Great organization to learn new skills or apply old skills in order to give back to your community and country. In addition, it's a great organization to network with individuals from all types of various career fields.
Productive Learning Experience
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 14, 2017
I was an Infantryman. It helped grow as a man and the true meaning of responsibility and hard work. I was qualified in Multiple weapon systems including the M-4, M203, M320, M249 SAW, M240B, M-2, and M-19. During Drills we would do field training mostly and we would requalify our weapons annually.
Structure and leadership
Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYFebruary 13, 2017
The United States Army Kentucky NAtional Guard helped make me who I am today. It helped establish structure in my life and helped me with the discipline to reach my goals in life.
its the army
Forward Observer (Former Employee) –  Butler, PAFebruary 13, 2017
It is what you would expect being in the army means. Deployed once to Iraq. It was a great experience and I would not give it up.
Great working enviroment with a fast paced schedule
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carson City, NVFebruary 13, 2017
As the Warehouse manager for the State of Nevada, my days were filled with oversight and mentoring of junior Soldiers. I was in charge of the shipping and receiving of all assets in and out of The State of Nevada
Pros
Great team structure
Cons
Being deployed and away from Spouse
If the shoe fits, wear it
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 13, 2017
So, you went to college or you just finished high school, and now you have to find a job or start your career. Well, in the Idaho Army National Guard, there is always a position available for you. Whether your passion is in the medical field, cooking, or even truck driving, the Guard has something for you. Challenge yourself, physically and mentally, by living up to the values and staying physically fit. As a high school graduate, college tuition is a guarantee upon enlistment. And if your someone with a major, there's something for you too! As an officer your can skip a lot of the trainings needed to do what you are licensed/certified to do in the Guard. Also, health insurance is made extremely affordable works with just about any practitioner.
Pros
Healthy lifestyle, healthcare, job opportunites
Cons
Not everyone takes advantage of whats provided
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 13, 2017
worked here for over 4 years. good atmosphere, good people. everyone tries to help each other succeed. would highly recommend to anyone looking for a job.
Terrific Organization
Financial Technician (Former Employee) –  Latham, NYFebruary 13, 2017
As a financial technician for the NY Army National Guard I got great satisfaction supporting our soldiers. It was great to help soldiers with their pay, travel vouchers and other financial issues they may have had.
Pros
Great Benefits
Great for growth
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 12, 2017
A typical work day includes classes on equipment and regulations. The hardest part of the job is being lead by higher ranking soldiers that don't have your best interest at mind. When you ask for help some of them are not willing to do anything. The most enjoyable part is the learning experience.
Intelligence Analyst
Intel Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlantic City, NJFebruary 11, 2017
General office duties. Including finding potential risk and security threats. Faxing and filing paperwork. As well as meetings and communication with other units.
Life experience with plenty of job opportunities
Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 11, 2017
In my short time being a part of the military, i've enjoyed it. you form lifetime bonds with people from all over all while serving the country while being compensated as well.
Pros
traveling, pay, developed friendships
Cons
being away from family for long periods of time
Challenging and rewarding experience.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 11, 2017
Taught many great things. Experience no other job could offer. Increasing the overall person by improving their technical, tactical, decision making, leadership, and overall performance
Pros
Great Leaders that will mentor you.
Cons
Difficult hours, with low pay.
A great place to serve
Recruit Sustainment Program (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 11, 2017
Serve one weekend a month and two weeks a year! Earn full time benefits including low cost health insurance, travel, full tuition education benefits, and paid training!!!
Pros
Too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5