National Guard
4,123 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Great military
supply specailist (Current Employee), milan ilJuly 24, 2015
I did a lot of assembling weapons and other equipment as well. the management was great there. all of my coworkers get along unless you mess up something. the most enjoyable part of my job is doing the assembling
Challanging workplace with fun people to work with
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Mobile, ALJuly 23, 2015
I learned a lot of new and exciting thing at this job. I met new people every day. My co-workers kept my day going by not making the job too serious but we always got the job done in a timely manner. The Hardest part about this job was that it was a lot of paperwork. the most enjoyable part was the people, they always kept me smiling and laughing. I loved it.
Hard work
Health Care Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee), Sedalia, MOJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Provides ability to advance my education
Cons: Should have gone activie duty
Some weekends are easy going but other weekends we have a lot to do. If I had to do it all over again I would definitely to it again. I enjoy working with my section and various individuals from other sections.
Rewarding workplace shooting rockets
Section Chief (Current Employee), Aurora, COJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Great health care, meals are provided, Soldiers are taken care of
Cons: Sometimes things don't always go as planned
Come in for first formation. Brief troops on what the tasks are for the day. Lead and train troops in Soldier tasks. We have a great cohesive working section. Everyone gets alone and is willing to help others achieve the standards. Hardest part of the job when communications go down. The best part is getting to watch rockets going down range.
Productive workplace
Staff Sergeant- Administration/Transportation (Former Employee), ArkansasJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, retirement, tuition reimbursement
Cons: N/A
•Reviewed administrative audits and investigative reports to determine appropriate changes or corrective action.
•Conducted briefings that communicate facts and ideas for organizational improvement of – more... programs and/or policies.
•Performed management surveys to determine compliance with unit’s regulations and procedure.
•Created and performed test plans for software application.
•Analyzed problems to identify significant factors, gather pertinent data, and recognize solutions.
•Planned, organized work, and communicated task effectively.
•Documented findings of studies and prepared recommendations for implementation of new systems, procedures, or organizational changes – less
Enjoyable experience meeting new like minded individuals.
Soldier (Current Employee), Augusta, GAJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Free Chow, Interaction with many various and diverse individuals, military experience.
Cons: The confusion at times from not understanding the purpose of certain tasks.
We fall into formation for accountability, the First Sergeant greets the battalion and informs us on the day's mission. Afterwards he dismisses us into the charge of our Section Sergeants who delegate the work load out to us.
Fulfilling Work
Field Artillery Tactical Data Systems Specialist (Current Employee), Luverne, MNJuly 22, 2015
So far I have really enjoyed being a member of the Guard. It has taught me a lot of valuable skills and habits. It has prepared me to work as a valuable member of a team.
Good way to get your life on track and become an adult
Army National Guard (Current Employee), Camp DouglasJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Amazing experiences and a new life style most people like
Cons: Long work days and can get stressful and exhausting
I have never loved a work environment as much as I love working with the people I see once a month being National Guard. It's not hard work, just takes some patience and effort. BCT and AIT are stepping stones into the regular army and ITS NOT HARD!! I see people quit all the time...and I bet the regret it.
Experience of a lifetime
ALL WHEEL MECHANIC (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAJuly 22, 2015
Trained on many military tactics. More familiar with vehicle mechanics with extensive military training to it. The pay wasn't all that great for being military but it was a job.
great experience
Water treatment specialist (Current Employee), Sea Girt,NJJuly 22, 2015
I love being in the national guard. it teaches your a lot of great values of life. the people in charge of me are fairly nice and helpful.
It's the army
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Former Employee), Camp Edwards, maJuly 22, 2015
It's the army. I can't really discuss this.
OMG. INDEED I CAN NOT DISCUSS THIS. 20 words seems mildly excessive given the company you want a review from.
productive and fun work place
92G Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), ruston, laJuly 22, 2015
I've gained discipline and many other skills from the army national guard.The hardest part of the job would have to be the training.
fun and different every day, great people
Blackhawk Helicopter Mechanic (Current Employee), West Jordan, UTJuly 21, 2015
Love the job, get to work helicopters, and get to fly with them. Got to travel for free and get paid for it, everyone is nice
Great people lack of incentives and pay for actual performance
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INJuly 21, 2015
Great people, lack of incentives and pay for actual performance. Pay is based on seniority and position not skill-set or output.
Intense work environment with many opportunities to succeed
35F All Source Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), St. Joseph, MOJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Great benefits, Endless Opportunities to grow and succeed, Family Friendly
Cons: Harsh working conditions at times
The National Guard has helped me to grow as an individual but also as a member of a team. I have been provided the opportunity to lead on many occasions. I have been given many opportunities to become – more... stronger both physically and mentally. Through the national guard I have been given a chance to grow a resume that will aid me in obtain a worth while career later on in life.
The hardest part of working for the National Guard is the constant demand to work harder. There is no room for mediocre work in this line of work. Once an opportunity is presented to you, you need to take advantage of it.
The most enjoyable part of my job is when I get to talk to people about what I do. The gratitude that people show towards my willingness to serve my country helps me to know that I made the right choice to serve in the National Guard. – less
Great training!
Financial Management Technician (Current Employee), Whitestone, NYJuly 21, 2015
Great training. Life-changing experience. Lot of hard work and dedication. You have to want to be a part of this team in order to succeed.
Music Producer
Squad Leader (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJuly 21, 2015
... MUSIC IS MY LIFE. STRIVING TO MAKE A GOOD LIVING FOR MY FAMILY IS MY #1 PRIORITY.... LIVE A HEALTY HONEST HARDWORKING LIFE... NEVER GIVING UP
Great working with all kinds of people
Operations Sergeant Major (J3) (Former Employee), Camp Beauregard, Pineville, LAJuly 21, 2015
Pros: You learn so much so fast you can learn to do anytime
Cons: Time passes quickly and then you are moving on
My time with the Louisiana National Guard was wonderful. It is the people you work with that make it so good. I learned more from working with other people with different backgrounds, education and culture than from any class or school.

The relationships you build over time are the ones you really miss when it is time to leave.
Strongly disciplined and structured, preparing soldiers for leadership
Sergeant E-5 (Current Employee), North Canton, OHJuly 21, 2015
As a member of the Ohio Army National Guard, the weekends spent each month, and the two weeks during the summer, are structured and fast paced. We perform our assigned duties to maintain our proficiency – more... in our military roles; in the event that we are called upon, we will be prepared. It is a tough job, but is very rewarding in that I know that I am working to help the greater good; to serve the people and the country. – less
Review
Sergeant E-5 (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 21, 2015
Performing for people or dealing directly with the public. This includes serving customers in restaurants and stores, and receiving clients or guests.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries