National Guard

4.3K reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

This job is rewarding.
Highest ranking achieved - E-5, Buck Sergeant (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioAugust 20, 2015
Pros: The benefits
Cons: Takes time from the family.
The work is hard at times. The hours can be long. You learn plenty while helping many. The US Army has a position for everyone.
The most professional organization in the world
Fire Control Sergeant (Current Employee), Leavenworth, KSAugust 20, 2015
Pros: You get to blow stuff up
Cons: Mountains of paperwork
I would say that everyone could benefit from working in the Army, unfortunately only the best are qualified to do it. I have yet to find a unit that I don't enjoy being a part of. As an artilleryman, I of course believe that the artillery is a step above the rest.
proud american
92A, Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee), Bluffdale, UTAugust 19, 2015
i'm proud to serve my country. the army national guard provides many job opprotunities, and advacement. rank growth, and the best medical insurance ever
Rewarding and engaging
68W Health Care Specialist (Combat Medic) (Current Employee), Marysville, WAAugust 19, 2015
Being a medic as part of the Army National Guard has been an extremely rewarding experience that has helped me grow as a person.
Great Career
Deputy G2 / Special Security Officer (Former Employee), Salem, ORAugust 19, 2015
Great career. Wish I was still serving on active duty!

Great people, interesting jobs, lots of fun!

Easy career, good pay if you "try". You don't have to be great, just do your job, don't lie or blame someone for your mistakes and you can make $100,000.00 a year.
Leadership and Pride
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Farmerville, LAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: benefits, good pay, knowledge gained
Cons: fear of having to leave family during deployments
I was taught a lot about how to be a leader during my five years served in the Army National Guard. I spent two months in combative and fitness training; immediately followed by another four months of Automated Logistics training. Once completion of my training, I began drill weekends, summer training, and deployments with my fellow soldiers. I spent four weeks training on heavy equipment, such as a frontend loader, trackhoe, bulldozer, grader, scraper, 18-wheeler, and dumptruck. I also spent almost three months deployed during the BP oil spill in 2010, which was a clean up detail and attempt to conserve wildlife and wildlife refuges. I am proud to have been given the opportunity to contribute at all, in serving my country, especially during a time of war.
The National Guard was like and extended family.
Helicopter Crew Chief / Mechanic Instructor (Former Employee), Davenport, IAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great place the work and learn.
Cons: Dangerous Work
The work was dangerous but my follow soldiers were supportive. I loved flying. The Guard was like my family and I raised my children at the there. At one time my daughter knew as much about the CH-47 helicopter as I did.
Always learning something new
Infantryman (Current Employee), Ardmore, OklahomaAugust 19, 2015
If were not in the field training and keeping our skills sharp, were at the firing range, keeping our aim steady. If were not maintaining our gear at the barracks, were outside cleaning and making sure everything is taken care of.
My interaction in the workplace
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee), Allendale scAugust 18, 2015
I am someone who can adapt to any situation. I thrive in a fluctuating environment and I transform unexpected obstacles into stepping stones for achievements.
I consistently innovates to create value. I find opportunities where other people see none: I turn ideas into projects, and projects into serial success.
I have a very creative mind. I always have a unique perspective when approaching an issue due to my broad range of interests and hobbies. Creativity is the source of differentiation and therefore, at the root of competitive advantage.
I continue to keep eye on my target. I endeavor to deliver high-quality work on time, every time. Hiring me is the only real guarantee for results.
I display a high level of motivation to work here. I have studied the entire company history and observed its business strategies. Since I am also a long-time customer, I took the opportunity to write this report with some suggestions for how to improve your services.
Interesting
Infantry Rifleman (Current Employee), Orange, CAAugust 18, 2015
Pros: getting to shoot stuff
Cons: pay is unreliable
Always an Adventure, and something to do, balanced with waiting around for something to do. Constantly training and getting to be apart of the community.
was excellent for temp work
Temporary Office Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2015
working here showed me how the armed forces worked and the different parts of the job that each veteran did and how it was very important for what they did.
Good Experience
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNAugust 18, 2015
Creates Strong Character. Needs more flexibility with nature of subject matter. Requires mental toughness and understanding of wide range of behavior health systems and d/o.
the 109th was like a family. We had good leadership and we always accomplished our goals.
76J, Supply specialist, Medic (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2015
Pros: It's a medical unit, no frontline in combat
Cons: none
Many things have changed since I was a part of the unit. Our section Sargeant was great. You could talk to him about anything. I know that when it came time for the unit to accomplish anything we all worked together, We all did our best and it was a great working relationship. I miss the unit!
I love the Military
Mortuary Affairs NCO (Current Employee), Augusta, MEAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Leadership Building, Loyalty, Honor
Cons: Can't stay in past 62...
The National Guard has done nothing but great things for me. I've been able to travel the world, experience war first hand, and earn a college degree. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!
Challenging and Rewarding
Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Working in the National Guard has provided me with educational and technical growth opportunities that I couldn't find anywhere else. it is very rewarding to work for national guard and the skill you learn will last for a lifetime.
good place
88M/Truck Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, txAugust 14, 2015
Pros: experince and learn values
Cons: control your life
very good place to work and a good place to be. I love this job and it helped me a lot with my career. this job will help you alot
it was a great experience to serve my country.
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee), Tooele, UTAugust 12, 2015
as a proud American I would serve my country anytime. it was the army some times it wasn't fun but overall it was one of the best things I've ever done.
Very active and important position of a unit
Team leader and unit Armourer (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: It is known that I am a very capable individual that accomplishes the mission.
Cons: I am unable to phyiscally meet the standards required
I am very active in the position I hold and an intricate part of the workings in caring out the plans for day to day operations. I coordinate logistics in supplies, personnel, and equipment to and from the training site as well as food, fuel, water and any other supplies needed for the line units.
Assistant Platoon Leader that maintains the functions of an aviation platoon
Alpha Company Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Fort Indiantown Gap, PAAugust 12, 2015
High intense work place with leaders and subordinates working together to achieve a common goal. Main focus on training to complete a mission of any sort if tasked. Working with individuals on a normal basis to complete individual soldiers needs and requirements.
Incredible Experience and Opportunity
Company Executive Officer (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay and work atmosphere
Cons: Hours can be hectic and uncontrollable at times
Being in the National Guard has been very rewarding. I have grown with them, been challenged and have had the opportunity to work with amazing individuals. I not only have learned a great deal from them and with them but I have been put in leadership roles that have taught me valuable lessons.
Headquarters