National Guard
3,065 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Great Job with incredible people
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee), Monett, MOOctober 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: travel
There is not a typical day when working in the military.
I learned very much information on how to handle just about military related. I've excelled in many aspects of my Job and completed everything I've been assigned.
The hardest part of the job is being away from Family and sometimes getting out of your "comfort" zone.
The most enjoyable part of – more... the job is helping others and serving your community and country in many places. – less
Fun team builing atmosphere
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee), CaliforniaOctober 14, 2014
Unlike any civilian job this gives you the ability to learn military specific jobs with multi-million dollar equipment.
Great experience to Lead others
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Springfield OH and Camp Arifjan, KuwaitOctober 14, 2014
Great opportunity to lead Soldiers by training, teaching, coaching and mentoring them in needed skills. Great team building opportunities!
I enjoyed my experience during full time duties
E-4 MOS25u (Former Employee), Benton,AROctober 14, 2014
Pros: great job training
Cons: if you aren't the type to brown nose you won't get promoted very easily
The National Guard was a great place for me as a young teenager. It helped me realized the grand scale of responsibility and life outside of high-school.
However I still haven't received the benefits that were promised to me after my Honorable discharge and I am fighting for said benefits now and getting the run around.
It was the Army
Military Police (Former Employee), Ruston, LAOctober 13, 2014
As fun as the Army can be.

Operation Iraqi Freedom 08-09 Veteran
GIS NCOIC
GIS NCOIC (Current Employee), Cumming, GaOctober 13, 2014
I supervise four other individuals in the Georgia Army National Guard while at the same time making GIS related items for my higher commands specifications.
Good but can be a hassle
68W Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee), Waterloo, IAOctober 13, 2014
Pros: good people, good experiences
Cons: funding issues, leadership at times
A typical drill weekend is performing basic soldiering tasks and duties along with performing your MOS duties. I've learned that when everything goes according to schedule the National Guard is a very good place to learn and grow, however due to recent funding issues with the government I've grown used to late paychecks and last second drill weekend – more... schedule changes that cause tons of stress and trying to rearrange your schedule to make drill because you have to go. The hardest part of the job is the way the National Guard is late on payments or changes drill weekends. The most enjoyable part of it is meeting people who become family during your time in the guard. – less
Basic training
Laundry, clothing and shower specialist (Former Employee), West Plains, MOOctober 12, 2014
Was separated in basic for medical. You learn the basics for surviving at was (gun shooting, marching, gas chamber, living in a field, etc.)
Not worth the pay, risking your life for little pay
E-4(Specialist)/Power Generator Equipment Repairer (Current Employee), Los Alamitos, CAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: advancement
Cons: little pay
If you want to join the military join Active military regardless if you want to attend school. You can attend school while in active, National Guard is a waste of local government money.
Most challenging job I have ever had
Behavioral Health Officer In Charge (Current Employee), Augusta, ME.October 12, 2014
Pros: challenging
Cons: challenging
I cannot begin to put all the things I learned into this review - far too many. There were multiple hard parts to this job. It was challenging at every level. The most enjoyable part was working closely with 2 case managers who were top notch.
National Guard
I.T. & Signal Support System Specialist (Former Employee), Merced, CAOctober 12, 2014
The National Guard was a great experience and provided great education benefits!!!
Love serving my country
PFC 12Series (Current Employee), Quincy FLOctober 12, 2014
The military is all you make it. Its not much i can disclose about the military.
NC National Guard
E2, NCOIC of SATS and Tool room (Current Employee), Rocky Mount NCOctober 12, 2014
The NC National Guard is an outstanding learning experience and has taught me numerous things. The job entailed leading new recruits through situations as well as assisting older members in their training. As a wheeled mechanic at a military police armory I learned not only to work on vehicles but also crucial security concepts and skills. Being a mechanic – more... involves tremendous amounts of paperwork as well as military police-work and being in the military itself. – less
Hard work at times but worth it
IT specialist (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: usually only work 2 days a month
Cons: can't quit if you wanted to.
Stressful environment but worth the benefits.
You get free school, and actual work experience.
Typical day includes a lot of formations and other things that prevent you from getting your work done. The hardest part of the job is how stressful it can be.
Fun workplace
Truck Driver/Military Honor Guard (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 11, 2014
Learned leadership skills
team work
typical day at work, drive large government trucks and attend funerals
Great part time experience with good benefits
Team Leader/ Truck Commander (Former Employee), Feeding Hills, Ma.October 11, 2014
Pros: benefits, flexibility, oppurtunities
Cons: deployments
Go in once a month, and two weeks a year.
We would train on all aspects of combat arms tactics.
army national guard
Chemical Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Marietta, GAOctober 11, 2014
training was a typical day
i learned to drive heavy equipment such as bulldoziers hyex and other equipment
Productive and educational
Automated Logistics Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee), OklahomaOctober 10, 2014
I worked Hard and learned a lot in the Guard, and it was an experience i will not soon forget.
Great oranization
Recruiter, Intel Collector, Drill Instructor (Current Employee), Ontario, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: part time, full time benefits
Cons: part time
Great organization. Long hours, little time with family. Co-workers like the benefits. Hard to manage time. Love helping others achieve their goals.
Productive Armory. Always something to do.
Truck Driver (88M) (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHOctober 10, 2014
Pros: hands on work. gym.
Cons: periodically long hours of being on stand by awaiting orders
It's an incredible honor to be a soldier of the Army National Guard. The Nation Guard like all jobs have their good days and bad days. It all depends on the unit as a whole being able to work together to get our jobs done

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more