National Guard
2,644 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Educational Place to work
Paybranch Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson City, NVJune 27, 2014
I enjoyed my 22 years working for the Nevada Army National Guard. I was offered many educational classes in financial management, leadership.
I had some awesome co-workers in the three positions I held.
The hardest part of the job was sending the solders off to war.
The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving many pay issues that came up for the – more... soldiers – less
Great way to serve your state and country
Motor Transport Operator-Sergeant (Current Employee), IllinoisJune 27, 2014
Typical Drills weekends are once a month, and filled with checking equipment, planning training, and actually conducting training.

I have served two deployments overseas, and the experiences I have had will continue to serve me for the rest of my life.
great way to serve country and go to school
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJune 27, 2014
take full advantage of being a part time soldier by taking on the benefits of school funds or setting up a full time job
Productive and fun environment
Food Service Specialist/Cook (Current Employee), Edgefield, SCJune 27, 2014
Time efficient with prepare meals and task on hand. Job requires multiply duties. Supply and Logistics work is fast pace and very organize with administrative work.
military life
SPECIALIST/HELPDESK (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: hard work sometimes
i enjoyed all the moments of the military. Make sure u read through your contracts before u sign them.
Part time allowing me to continue to serve and take care of my family
Training and Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJune 26, 2014
Had drill one weekend a month with 2 weeks of annual training in the summer. Ordered on most state and federal natural disasters throughout the state of Louisiana. Deployed twice (Iraq and Kuwait). Hardest part of the job for me was staying busy. I enjoyed meeting different people and the travel we did.
Hard and dangerious work that made proud to have served
I made to the rank of a Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Urbana/Effingham/Marion/Decatur/Iraq/AfhganistanJune 26, 2014
Pros: serving your country
Cons: very dangerious
2003-2011 Illinois Army National Guard
While in the National Guard, I did many things. I made to the rank of a Staff Sergeant, E-6. I went to the weekend a month drills as an infantryman. The unit I was in got mobilized to go to Iraq. There once I was in Iraq, I instructed the foreign troops, and took them out on missions. After I returned from Iraq, – more... I worked full time for the guard as the retention non commission officer. I then volunteered to Afghanistan. Once again I was chosen to train the foreign troops, and take them on missions. I received many awards for my work overseas, to include the bronze star. Once I returned from overseas, I was too injured to continue in the National Guard, and was medically discharged. – less
deployment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 26, 2014
Going to Afghanistan was a life changer and culture shock. I am extremely glad i experience a year in such a primitive state. I have grown as a person and learned a lot. While i was there i troubleshooted thousands of computers and softwares as well as set up antennas to communicate to each other via line of sight.
E2 (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FlJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: early mornings and late nights
Great work culture, sense of responsibility. A typical day at work is me coming in at five in the morning and doing physical training. Then doing my job duties such as paperwork and up keep on equipment.
productive
specialist (Former Employee), stout fieldJune 26, 2014
Pros: not too hard of work
i packaged,and closed whirlpool parts. i also drove a sit-down forklift
Good way earn money
Specialist 4 25U - Signal Support Systems (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: travel the world
Cons: going to war
Great benefits pay for college travel the world.Good way to bring self esteem and build character,
Maintenance on helicopter radios with the NJ Army National Guard.
Avionic Communication Repair (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJune 25, 2014
Report to drill 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a summer.
Report to the hangar on base to see what maintenance needs to be done for the helicopters. Learned basic electronics and soldering. The hardest part of the job was the training (basic electronics and soldering). The most enjoyable part of the job is being around fellow soldiers and the Army atmosphere.
funn work place
mechanic (Current Employee), new yorkJune 25, 2014
I enjoy working there .my peers are the best .I always look forward to go to word even though its only one week end a month
A Lifetime of Good & Valuable Experiences
Signal Support Systems NCO (Current Employee), Edgewood, MDJune 24, 2014
Being a part of the Army National Guard has helped me tremendously in transitioning from active duty to the civilian sector. The Guard definitely helps prepares a soldier for civilian employment and provides you with all the training and resources needed to succeed as well as provide you with an occupational specialty.
I WAS AN INVESTIGATOR
TRAFFIC ACCIDENT INVESTIGATOR (Former Employee), Waverly, TNJune 24, 2014
I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH I WORKED ALONE AND FINISHED MY CASE WORK COMPLETED ON TIME
Private - Sargeant
Heavy duty Mechanic/Sergeant (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: prepared me for the tough road
Cons: compensation did not justify the work
--Daily: Perform maintenance and soldiered
--Learned: Front line leadership
--Management: dedicated to Country
--Co-workers: dedicated to Country
--Hardest part: Deployment
--Most enjoyable part: Freedom
excellent experience
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 24, 2014
show up to formation on time clean cut and shaved. work as a 12b combat engineer consists of demo, building, and working with your team. management is very good .
Military
All Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee), Phenix City, ALJune 23, 2014
Pros: great benifets
Cons: leadership
Inspect military vehicle to make sure operating properly. Then would take training classes for the day. Then wait for more instructions till quitting time.
Great life experience and opportunity.
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Cincinnati OhioJune 23, 2014
The military has given me the knowledge and tools to further my education, skills and leadership abilities.
Fun and exciting
Sergeant; Power Generation Repairer (Former Employee), Jeanerette, LAJune 22, 2014
Worked on power equipment and loved being out in the field. Always learning something new and fun.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more