National Guard
3,269 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

hard work but rewarding
Senior year in high school (Current Employee), kansasDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: leadership is bad
hard work but it is very rewarding in the end being able to do things that 1% of people in the united states can do
Bold and Daring workplace that allowed me to travel.
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2014
Pros: traveling, great benfits
Cons: intense work enviorment.
On a deployment to Afghanistan, a typical day was almost unpredictable. I enjoyed that aspect plenty. We would go on patrols through rural villages and towns, climb up and down the Hindu mountains. I had to interact and almost coexist with the local populous and they taught me a lot about their culture and way of life. The hardest part about being their – more... was growing homesick and being in dangerous situations at times. But on the positive end I enjoyed traveling and experiencing life in a way that I never could have had I not enlisted in the military. – less
A job with adventure
Federal Technician (Former Employee), Camp Shelby, MSDecember 10, 2014
Pros: i never had to figure out what i was going to wear to work. lol
Cons: the heat
My typical day at work started at 7 a.m. and ended when the tasks of the day were completed. I learned many skills, two being supervision and effective communication. I really enjoyed my co-workers and being part of a team. I suppose the hardest parts of the job was the rigorous training and being away from family. The most enjoyable parts of the job – more... were the finished products, the personal satisfaction, and being a part of something bigger than myself. – less
Great way to serve country
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Augusta, GADecember 10, 2014
Excellent avenue to pursue for civilians who are employed that still wish to serve their country.
Versatile fast paced environment
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Fort Irwin, CADecember 10, 2014
Orders are given, and changes can be made to those orders multiple times prior to the mission being completed. In this job you need to be flexible, be able to adapt and improvise in order to complete whatever task is at hand.
Opportunities for eager people
Communications (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 10, 2014
Great opportunity to serve your community and state while working towards a solid career and benefits.
Most Rewarding job ever
Being a productive member of a team (Former Employee), Naugatuck, CTDecember 9, 2014
• Being a productive member of a team
• Supporting the community
Instructor
Driving Instructor WLC Instructor ALC Instructor (Current Employee), Ashland, NEDecember 9, 2014
You will be in charge of 16 students and will make sure they receive all the classes that they will need to graduate from the course. You will be covering topics from Marching to how to move your troops around under fire.
Good place to grow
Engineer Platoon Leader (Former Employee), Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 9, 2014
Pros: challenging, fun, active lifestyle
Cons: can be difficult for work/life balance
US Army can offer leadership challenges few other organizations can match. Great place to learn and grow.
Army National Guard
Infantryman (Current Employee), Effingham, ILDecember 9, 2014
The National Guard is an incredible way to serve your country and be able to have a home life as well. Being able to come home to my family and learn are to protect them at the same time is phenomenal.
Feel good about serving your country
Personnel Management Officer (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 9, 2014
Pros: you know exactly what is expected of you
Cons: low pay
Organization is a must!
Timeliness is a must!
Military uniform everyday
Great Mission
Colorado National Guard Aviation Safety Officer (Current Employee), Aurora, CODecember 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: deployments
Great mission and people. Excellent pay. Fun organization.
fun
Chemical agents specialiast (Current Employee), Gardena, CADecember 8, 2014
With your well-earned sense of pride and selflessness, people will look to you in the moment of need. You will rebuild the lives of friends and neighbors after a devastating disaster, or travel the globe to bring basic human needs to a third-world village. Your sense of purpose and impact on the world around you will never waver again.
Learned about IT
Trained IT Specialist/LAN Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 8, 2014
Learned many important facets of IT in a fast paced environment. Hands on experience was great and very helpful
military exp
Specialist/Heavy Machine Operator (Current Employee), maui HawaiiDecember 7, 2014
Pros: the exp
Cons: it the military
it the military good benefit like the va home loan if and when you sent over sea good exp and you make a carrer out the military aswell good schools that help in the military and life. you make close friends and familiy while you are in the military one weekend month and two weeks out of the year
Productive and fun workplace
National Guard (Former Employee), Eldridge, IADecember 7, 2014
Pros: great time respectable job
A typical day was training and fun task with a team. I learned to trust myself. Management was great.
Army National Guard
Combat Airborne Medic (Former Employee), Panama City, FLDecember 6, 2014
I signed up for the experience of serving our country, and that's what I got. Go in with a plan, and stick it out.
The military works hard!
Editor/Policy Writer (Current Employee), Arlington, VADecember 6, 2014
Pros: nice people
Cons: lack of parking
The rotation of military staff keeps the environment new and interesting.
National Guard
Army National Guard (Former Employee), Forest Park, ILDecember 6, 2014
Duties include, weekend drills and schooling to learn responsibilities and leadership skills
before going into active duty in the Army
I love the people I drill with
MOS 25U- Signal and Communications Specialist (Current Employee), Hampton, VADecember 5, 2014
I love the military. We drill once a month .Sometimes it be a easy weekend others it doesn't. We usually go to the range shoot weapons, practice on our equipment and prepare for AT, AT is annual training that occurs in the summer. Its about two weeks where the brigade and battalion get together and prepare a mission .

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more