National Guard
4,003 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Work with people from different backgrounds and ethnicity, job may and can be challenging,but also very rewarding.
42A HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Los Alimitos, CaliforniaJune 23, 2015
Pros: I get to experience different work environments.
Cons: That it's only a partime job, a weekend warrior.
Great morale, everyone can count on one another. Leadership that strives for the best. Job can be challenging yet rewarding.
Helping make a difference in the nation
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Current Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJune 23, 2015
The Army National Guard is focused on customer service, teamwork, training, respectful, honorable, challenging and instills integrity and commitment.
Many benefits offered - definitely worth joining.
PFC (Current Employee), Wyoming, MichiganJune 23, 2015
With The Guard, you're only working one weekend per month - not a lot of time you really have to put forth for such amazing benefits.

Basic Training is usually 5 weeks, then you have AIT - length varies based on MOS.
Anazing
Assist kids (Current Employee), Newark, DEJune 23, 2015
Many of the children have parents that are deployed. So when they come to the camp they realize they are not alone and they learn more about what their parents do and why they do it .
Great Place to serve
airframes mechanic (Current Employee), annville PAJune 23, 2015
The PA National Guard is a great place to serve. It is a great place to gain experince for the future and learn you trade. If your looking for a place to learn and serve, but still stay close to home this is the place.
Great place to serve
E4- Specialist (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIJune 22, 2015
You will never be able to gain some of the experiences and do some of the things you do here, anywhere else in your life. It has been great so far and continues to be every drill weekend.
Love to be in the Guard
2nd Lieutenant (Current Employee), Fort Sill, OKJune 22, 2015
There is always something new to learn and from my experience fun to be apart of. It is a family and everyone is there to help complete the mission when you need them.
I got to travel and meet new people
Motor Transport Operator (Former Employee), San Bruno, CAJune 22, 2015
Cons: time away from family
I learned a lot being in the guard, like how to deal with different kids of personalities. I liked the fact the most of our job, which was driving trucks, was spent outside. We got licenses to 5 tons and 3 ton truck which was exciting for me. The hardest part of my job was being away from my family.
Proficient
Year Patrolman (Former Employee), Fort BuchananJune 22, 2015
Good working place proficient, secure, save and Honorable .Good healthcare. Training is good .The management is outstanding.
Dedicated team oriented employment.
Combat Engineer (Current Employee), Parkersburg, WVJune 21, 2015
Pros: Discipline
I enjoy being a part of a team, and to support our country. The National Guard allowed me to be trained in many skills in addition to serving my country.
Millitary Police (Former Employee), Prattville, ALJune 21, 2015
The job site was safe and the people were safe. A typical day was very productive. I would clock in and head straight to my station.
Amazing job and co workers
Infantryman (11B) (Current Employee), GeorgiaJune 21, 2015
Pros: Great job training
Cons: Embracing the suck
Physically and mentally challenging, very rewarding, and a different culture altogether. Overall the best job I have ever been a part of
happy professional group of people
Records clerk (Former Employee), Dublin, OhioJune 21, 2015
Pros: freindships
Cons: deployment
following regulations and assisting military personell and their families. very professional, respectful and courteous additude. the most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know people, hearing about their military experience and the places they have been.
The Army National Guard
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJune 20, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: upward mobility
supply
92Y - Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Stow, OHJune 20, 2015
Pros: fun working environment
Cons: early mornings late nights
i did the things that my supply sergeant told me to do and i did it well. i had a lot of fun for the 6 years that i spent with my unit
FLY ARMY!
CH-47F Helicopter Pilot (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJune 20, 2015
I love serving my country and what better way to do it then to pilot helicopters. I will continue to serve until retirement.
Beneficial
Transportation Management Coordinator (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
The national guard has been good as far as benefits, health and dental. The time away from home is not what I thought it would be.
SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC LEADER (Current Employee), JBER, AKJune 19, 2015
I had great coworker over the years that I worked with the Alaska Army National Guard. The work itself was challenging and fun, I always had a great sense of pride while working for them.
Repair and maintain wheeled vehicles in motor pool
Mechanic (Former Employee), Stead NVJune 19, 2015
Repair and maintain wheeled vehicles in motor pool, light fabrication if need to vehicles. Perform vehicle inspections known as PMCS. Ensure all vehicles have proper Personal Protective Equipment safely stored on vehicle.
overall good
Truck Driver/Logistics (Current Employee), Winnsboro, LAJune 19, 2015
a typical day is hardworking and helping others, as well as maintaining a high money value on military vehicles. My co-workers help me maintain the information i need them to turn in so that i can do my part.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries