National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,716 reviews matching the search
best way to have a military career and civillian career
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYJuly 13, 2016
Good way to build two retirement pensions along with a certain skill set that could pertain or relate to your everyday civilian job or provide training as an avenue for a possible side job,
Pros
experience, possible travel
Cons
time away from home. Could miss significant/ special dates.
A chance to change your life
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Buckhannon, WVJuly 13, 2016
The national guard has so many great things going for it. The guard not only trains you indivigually to be more organized and strive to go above and beyond your duties, but it also is an incredible organization that helps people in there time of need due to natural disasters and forien and domestic threats abroab.
Pros
Training
Cons
No complaints
Great learning opportunity
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 13, 2016
I work with IT systems and hardware and learn trouble shooting skills. Communication and leadership skills can be developed or made stronger.
The best job I've
Specialist E-4 (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJuly 12, 2016
professional, average advancement, great experiences, life skills. I do not regret anything about this choice in my life. It keeps you on your toes and shows you how to maintain yourself and others with precision. Great place to be.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Great Experience with Military
Morale, Welfare and Recreation (Army MWR) (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 12, 2016
I was able to do my work at my own pace as long as it was completed by the time required. I worked with a team and we all got along very well.
The experience of working with the National Guard was enjoyable, however a better job opportunity arose and I took it
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits...contract work
Great place . You get what you put in
Military Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 12, 2016
Fun and challenging. Well worth the effort . Its cool for the fact you get training in a job you pick . I truly enjoy the almost 9 years I been there.
On the down side , leaving family for time to time can get hard . Missing important dates . But you know your schedule for a year in advance or so .
Pros
Insurance and college
Cons
Leaving family for long times
Part time Army Guard (Current Employee) –  Orem, UTJuly 11, 2016
An excellent job to learn different skills that will help me in my daily life such as being an a great student and magnificent citizen of this country.
Diverse and Challenging Work place
Unit Readiness NCO (Current Employee) –  Bardstown, KYJuly 11, 2016
The Army National Guard has taught me a multitude of beneficial traits that i can now transfer into civilian life. I have learned patience, leadership skills, personnel management, team cohesiveness, the ability to follow the chain of command and or rules. My ability to analyze a situation and determine a productive measure to better implement the plan is extremely heightened due to my military service. I have learned the ability to think fast and make a decision quickly that not only benefits the unit but the mission as well due to my experiences. Overall, i came into the military young and everything that i am now is a direct result of my time in service.
Pros
Training and deveoplment
Cons
Long hours and time away from family
Rewarding position where I could give back serving the country we live in.
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee) –  West VirginiaJuly 11, 2016
Kept track of all logistical and supply needs at a unit level. Also was a armorer so kept track, dispersed, and kept all weaponry clean, up to date, and working.
enjoy working on aircraft.
UH-60 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 11, 2016
Perform crew duties as a crew chief, maintain aircraft maintenance. Perform any other duties assigned to me by my Platoon SGT or Commander.
A great place to work at
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 11, 2016
For Maintenance a normal day includes taking out the trash, mopping and sweeping floors, cleaning bath room floors and sometimes stalls. We would on occasion pull or chop down weeds surrounding the complex.
Federal Technician
Federal Technician (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJuly 11, 2016
Was employed as a Federal Technician, being a member of the Kentucky National Guard was a requirement of the employment.
I would never have left the job nut, I retired from the National Guard.
Pros
Great pay, Great Firends and Was benefitting the State of Kentucky
Cons
Too much time away from home
fun work place, good place to make friends
Tanker (Current Employee) –  Little Falls, MNJuly 11, 2016
a typical weekend drill is easy
you complete the task at hand and sometimes get to learn new stuff outside of what your MOS offers
days can be sporadic but generally laid out well
meet great people that you can count on
Pros
long breaks, free meals
Cons
long days, hard on your body
Productive workplace with engaging training and workload.
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NYJuly 11, 2016
A good team environment, working with the National Guard has given me invaluable interpersonal skills as well as the necessary skills to adapt to and complete any task assigned to me.
It's an absolute privilege to be able to serve my country
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norman, OKJuly 11, 2016
You're required to work hard and at a fast pace but it's a rewarding career. I am glad I joined the national guard. I've had the oppurtunity to learn time management, leadership and how to work as a valued team member.
Disciplined and Hard Working
Soldier (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 11, 2016
Choosing to serve my state and my country is something I am grateful for each day. I work with an excellent group of determined individuals who are all working towards a similar goal - to be ready and proficient at their job so they can not only protect their fellow soldier but the people of the United States. I appreciate the trust that the leadership places in the individual and the cohesion between leader and soldier. A typical day involves both classroom training and hands on training. I have learned teamwork, leadership, delegation of tasks, the importance of attention to detail, and properly preparing reports and presentations.
Pros
Everything listed in the review is a Pro.
Cons
Government entity so sometimes receiving pay is delayed
interesting
AMMUNITION TEAM CHIEF (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 10, 2016
Fun group of people, not the same as it was when i got in. lots of favoritism. No longer fun, actual a real buzz kill. not sure what else to say.
Productive Job
88M Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 10, 2016
The Army is a very competitive job and it definitely pushes you to your limits. Very glad to be apart of this type of elite group.
Get to see the world
Solider (Former Employee) –  Monroe LaJuly 10, 2016
Busy and never a bored day. Always meeting new people and doing something different. Its have over 150 different jobs that you can choices from.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Have to be ready at all times
Cal National Guard
SPC, Financial Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAJuly 10, 2016
The Guard gives you the opportunity to have a healthy work/life balance and you have to opportunity to serve your country when called upon. You learn the true meaning of loyalty and teamwork.

4.5