National Guard
2,954 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Love being a soldier
25L Cable Installer Maintainer (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: paid breaks, paid vacations
Cons: sometimes a lot of just standing around
Wake up very early conduct PT. Then i leant about my job which is dealing with cables
Great place to grow as an individual and become a leader.
Soldier (Current Employee), Grand Forks, NDSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: discipline, physical activity
learned how to work with all sorts of different people from around the world, how to operate certain equipment that many around the world will not ever use.
good group of people to be around with
92g cook (Current Employee), 2 135 infintry mankato mnSeptember 19, 2014
basically I am part of a team that will cook for a compamy of soldiers of 200 and during our 2 week training we will cook for the whole battalion witch is about 800
Great job for every hardworking person out there
Light Wheel Mechanic (Diesel Mechanic) (Current Employee), San Juan, PRSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: everything
learned a lot
great partners

the hardest part of this job is the training

the most enjoyable part is what you learn

you learn how to manage your time and how to overcome problems in your life and everything around it
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Oshkosh, WISeptember 19, 2014
must join, great thing to do. the best desion i have made thus far in my life. absoluty love it.
Great job
Duties- Lead (Current Employee), Parkton, NCSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: not enough pay for travel
I am going to stay in 20 years. Great benefits to compliment any civilian job.
Serving my Country
11B Infantry Team Leader (Current Employee), Breaux Bridge, LASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: sgt bernards cooking, cpt and 1sgt safety brefs
Cons: bravo campany and san martin
We show up once a month in uniform to drill. There we go over battle drills and plans for natural disasters. They showed me how to followed orders and settled for nothing, but the standards. Some days feel like there never going to end waiting for last formation, then when formation is called to attention you swear the Saints won the super bowl again.
high speed work place
HUMAN RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), washington d.c.September 19, 2014
A typical day at work is high speed. I have learned how to do memorandums, fill appropriate forms for the appropriate occasion, answer multi-line phone and take appropriate messages. I have also learned to be patient, very organized and efficient. My co-workers were great. the hardest part of the job was picking up others slack however that was the – more... best part because then I knew it was being done efficiently. – less
one weekend a month
Soldier (Current Employee), longviewSeptember 19, 2014
just one weekend a month and two weeks in summer its great
you get to shoot artillery
you get to shoot guns
Great experience
Flight Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKSeptember 18, 2014
The National Guard is a very rewarding place to work with great people and leadership.
Educational
DEPUTY DIRECTOR MARKETING SERVICESt (Former Employee), Washington, DCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: i had the opportunity to choose where i would travel.
Cons: salaries was not compatible to other non-profit organizations.
My typical day consisted of communicating with the Human Resource Officers (HROs) and members of the National Guard Association from various States as it related to the insurance products that the organization offered. I conducted verbal and face-to-face training to the HROs as needed. Provided assistance to members as it related to their benefits. – more... I identified and implemented new benefits for the members and posted the items on the website for marketing. Each department within the organization worked together as a team to better serve the members, whom were guardsmen from all states. I enjoyed travelling to various states to market the insurance products face-to-face to the members. – less
Challenging and room for advancement
Military Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 18, 2014
A challenging environment that helps build character and allows a person to give back to their community.
Fun and Productive learning experience
Food Service/Security Personnel/Human Resources (Former Employee), Concord, NC/S.Baghdad, IraqSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: training, education, benefits
Cons: lengthy tours
There was no typical day at work because the days work could vary regardless of job title, especially overseas. I did indeed receive a lot of hands on training in management. The hardest part of this job is always going to be leaving your family for long periods of time. Outside of leaving my family, I definitely enjoyed everything else.
Great pay and benefits, long hours
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Scottsbluff, NESeptember 18, 2014
Overall it has been a good experience and I would change anything if I went back and could do it again. The downside is working long hours, time away from home and the unstability with the budget issues.
Army
Medical Officer (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: good people, training
Cons: long hours
Army National Guard is very rewarding. It's hard work and long hours. You will receive some of the best training that you can get.
Great learning experiences
Behavioral Health Specialist / Infantry (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 18, 2014
Every drill is different I get to use an array of skills that I have learned from the Army.
Great Organizaton to work for
Readiness/Training Manager/Staff Sergeant (Current Employee), Durham, NCSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: health care, vacation/leave
Cons: long hours
I started the day with physical training and making my task list. During the day I performed as the Detachment Readiness NCO. I worked on pay issues, coordinated training plans for future events.

I also assisted my higher headquarters with accountability of personnel and assigned unit equipment. Maintained inventories, coordinated medical exams, and – more... the readiness of all equipment required for the unit.

Every day was a little different with new tasks and challenges. – less
Great for experience on various job skills and trades.
Automated Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNSeptember 17, 2014
I use my CAC card to clock in, then proceed to my designated station. i perform a utility check and inventory all current items on my shelves and compare them to my inventory list. Then I monitor and coordinate incoming and outgoing shipments in the facility using part, NIN, and serial numbers. I usually conduct other clerk activities, but only when – more... ordered by a superior. – less
Absolutley love this job.
Infantryman (Current Employee), Tiffin, OHSeptember 17, 2014
This is one of my favorite accomplishment in life, it has been a challenge but one that I truly enjoy. I hope to continue to a part of the National Guard for years to come.
Good People
1St Lieutenant / Company Executive Officer (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOSeptember 17, 2014
Great people, great mission, community orientated, and great benefits if you use them for education.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more