National Guard Employee Reviews

Contracting Officer/Specialist (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 6, 2017
working there makes you feel like you have family around you all the time.Great hours and great benefits for everyone. Location is great if you need to go in to DC fast. Close to Pentagon.
Job Security and Benefits
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dundalk, MDDecember 6, 2017
Overall, the culture the US ARNG brings is very diverse, there are many benefits to this job. Cheap healthcare is one of many benefits, also there is garunteed job security as long as you do whats expected of you by your superiors.
productive and beneficial
Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 6, 2017
The benefits that are offered for the job are amazing. i was able to attend school and do a few other things which in the national guard. the training was intense and the time spent in uniform was decent. got hurt
Pros
free lunches and great benefits
Cons
intense training
Fast paced, detail-oriented
COMBAT MEDIC (Current Employee) –  Mt. Pleasant, PADecember 6, 2017
It's the Army so I'm required to go but when we are tasked out to do something, we have to do it in a quick, efficient manner. Work environment is entirely dependent on your unit.
Benefits
Cons
Far away
Always treated fairly and great enviorment
92F Petroleum Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 5, 2017
Joining the military after high school was a great decision, it taught many valuable life skills that can be incorporated over into the civilian world. Such as time management, working as a team, and most importantly perception the way people view you as a person is how you will be treated whether that is in the military world or the civilian world.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
signed 6 years
I love it
AUTOMATED LOGISTICAL SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 5, 2017
i would recommend anyone that loves working as a team. It is fast paced, then slow. If you love the military style this is for you. You learn new things
Great place to advance your career
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  White Oak, MDDecember 5, 2017
Be on time to first- formation and you'll have a successful day.
Be prepared for duty.
Greet individuals by respective rank.

Management varies at the lower level. The higher management is great and conducts themselves in a military- professional manner.
Pros
Free food sometimes, a brother-hood like no other, physically demanding
Cons
Low salary
Great career
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 5, 2017
National guard is great career to have there are a lot of things one could benefit from joining. They offer to pay for your schooling along with a lot of other things see a recruiter
great life experience
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lewisville, TXDecember 5, 2017
conduct supply logistics. plan and train with soldiers. execute task and mission that are giving by leaders. prepare for domestic disaster relief for the state of texas.
Great Training
Combat Medic/ Engineer Bridge Crewmember (Former Employee) –  KentuckyDecember 5, 2017
It is diverse in perspective among all peers to describe how they would feel what is right to rate it as such. As for me it has a lot of benefits dealing with money, discipline, knowledge, assistance, etc.
Pros
Training
Cons
Down time
Excellent
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Barrigada, GUDecember 4, 2017
management
Truck driver and heavy equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MSDecember 4, 2017
poor management and a lot of wasted time, mistreatment, limited resources as far as when you need something done. little no no understanding of loss of a family member
Great Opportunity
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Inglewood, CADecember 4, 2017
I was 17 years old when I enlisted in the United States Armed Forces. If I were asked to do it all over again I would not hesitate to volunteer to serve my country.
Pros
Protect and serve
Cons
I miss it very much
best life ever
Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2017
In the National Guard I met my brothers. I met the men that would stand at my side no matter the situation.
I learned and acquired numerous skills and attributes.
It is okay
Combat Medic (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 4, 2017
A lot of free time as well as a lot of hard work. We make sure our vehicles run properly and drive them just as a double check. We clean our work area.
National Guard Summary
Recruiter and Military Police (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 4, 2017
I think sometime to many of the officer class does not feel the pain of the enlisted and forget about troop welfare. Its really about service to country. The National Guard has a very small budget. I wonder really thou what that budget is used to advance. Equipment and Armories are very dated. Rich class of Americans routinely avoid military service. California Guard is mostly made up of permanent residents, and lower income California's. Be prepared to deploy and train very often. Understand this will be disruptive to your civilian life, I had to pay for my own required uniforms from the Exchange on base.
Pros
Service to community and country
Cons
You get what you put in
For those who want to serve their country
Water Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barnwell, SCDecember 4, 2017
They have a great opportunity to learn a new career, gain tons of experience and plenty of opportunity for growth. It can be what you make of it. You will never do anything like you will in the military.
Pros
Education, and health benifets
Cons
You have to look out for yourself
dont go
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIDecember 4, 2017
dont go into the military. you are only going to be a number in the eyes of the government. they only care about you while you are there and once your done and smart enough to get out they sign more of the poor.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad pay
The California Army National Guard
Finance Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Azusa, CADecember 4, 2017
The California Army National Guard is full of opportunity for those who want to put in the time and effort. I have enjoyed my time in the California National Guard thus far.
Military
Military Police Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Alexander City, ALDecember 3, 2017
The National guard are great at building relationships with people you thought you will cummicate with. You also become a family in the Guard. The National Guard have great opportunity for you to better your job careers and schooling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5