National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,617 reviews matching the search
Productive but fun workplace
P/T Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, INJune 5, 2016
Giving your time when needed to make other lives better. Duties needed to perform just depend on what is needed to be done when I'm there. A great work/life balance by you creating your own schedule.
great learning experience
Combat Engineer (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJune 5, 2016
blow things up and learn the proper way to handle explosives. the hole job is movement and counter movement. looking for ieds or blowing in doors.
Alabama Army National Guard
PFC (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 4, 2016
Always ready, always there.The Guard can help you pay for college or additional schooling, and provide valuable training for rewarding civilian careers. But most of all, the Guard can help you learn something about yourself. It’s time.
Pros
Good Credentials For Cillian profession
Cons
Have To Pay For Own Life Insurance
Military Experience
Specialist (E4) (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIJune 3, 2016
It has been a good experience. I learned alot. Basic training was fun and challenging. I believe it sets a good tone for work ethic and determination.
annehurst
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Marysville, OHJune 3, 2016
Very nice place to work
Love working with the animals
Feeding, watering, walking, basic care for the animals that are boarding
amazing experience
E5 SGT (Current Employee) –  Torrance, PAJune 3, 2016
Working for the PAARNG has been an incredible experience and I recommend anyone enlist. They have not only taught me structure and leadership, but they have also given me the knowledge I need to begin my career in the IT field.
I love it
Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVJune 2, 2016
You get great benefits, free college, healthcare and all of that for 2 days of work. you aren't going to get that anywhere else.
Environment, Culture and Learning Growth
25U- Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 2, 2016
The National Guard is a great opportunity for people that want to serve their country part-time. The days a long, yet productive. There is a tremendous opportunity for learning and some travel if you choose to volunteer.
Pros
Serving your country
Great
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 2, 2016
Great for learning about yourself. Good experience and co-workers. Get to travel---Multiple advancement opportunities if willing to expand knowledge.
awesome experiance
Platoon Sergeant (E5) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 1, 2016
Assisted in Administrative Clerk position for assigned Unit.
I learned to help my SOLDIERS in all my capabilities.
As far as management, it is a State run militia.. all they knew was Article 15 threats.
The hardest part of my job while assigned to my unit was being tasked to JTF-NYC during several Statewide emergencies. Northeasters, Terrorist Threats, Airport Security, MTA Security.
Pros
helped my State in emergency situations
Cons
National Guard lacks UCMJ core values implementation.
serve my country
Ohio Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 1, 2016
serving my country being the best soldier i can be. the hours are long but knowing your doing something for your country is the greatest thing in the world. i'm stationed in ohio.
Challenging Environment
Logistical Coordinator/Shipping & Receiving (Current Employee) –  Lenoir, NCJune 1, 2016
Typical day consist of PT and your daily work assignment. New things are learned everyday. Co-workers are always fun to work with. The hardest part of my job is when i do not know the answer to someone question. The most enjoyable part of the day is of course making the soldiers happy.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Always working.
Excellent
Human Resources NCO and Paralegal NCO (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJune 1, 2016
Completing routine military actions, moves, promotions and transfers as dictated by mission requirements. Excellent learning environment with extremely knowledgeable, well rounded officers, NCOs and Warrant Officers. I would recommend the OKARNG to anyone.
Pros
Excellent learning environment
Cons
high visibility
Exciting & adventurous place to work
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westfield, NJJune 1, 2016
Supply, Logistics, Soldier Duties.

I leaned how to face adversity head on.

I had & was influenced by some of the Army's best individuals.

Being away from my family was probably the most difficult part of being an soldier.

always knowing, I could make a difference @ any given time was the best part of being an soldier.
Pros
seeing the world, new tasks, a chance to make a difference
Cons
long hours, some fear, being away from family
Recrutier
Recruiter Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gary, INJune 1, 2016
Identified the most lucrative markets for Army recruiting and developed strategies to secure direct contact with potential Army applicants.
National Guard
Automated Logistics Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 1, 2016
The National Guard is a high speed and quick learned field. it is mandatory that you care about what you are doing and complete your tasks with efficiency and in a timely manner.
Job Summary Of The Army National Guard
Human Resource Specialist / Clerk (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NJJune 1, 2016
The job is very stressful but the job is very productive never bored always something to do and you'll always have great NCO's and other soldiers to bond with. Bonds last a life time here in the MIlitary
Productive but fun workplace in a kitchen
Culinary Service Specialist (92G) (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 31, 2016
The National Guard isn't easy by any means but if you create bonds with your battle buddies you will most certainly have a wonderful time.
Pros
Free lunch, Traveling, New Experiences
Cons
Very busy and disoriented
Army National Guard
Assistant Operation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Iowa Army National Guard /Current UnitMay 31, 2016
The typical day at work is the same as civilian you have tasks that must be accomplished on daily basis. I have served my country and proud of it. I have learned many tasks of administrative skills and would like to continue that in the civilian world. The management is good however there is always one that is more difficult compared to others. My coworkers are very good we have been basis and AIT in order to learn our job in the Army National Guard. We are trained to work together as a team. I believe the most difficult part of this job is deployments because we as Soldiers are away from our family members. There is a lot of support in these situations from Family Readiness Groups and the family members themselves. The most enjoyable part of the job is that when Soldiers get to know each other in a short amount time. There is only about 1 percent of the population in the Army National Guard. When there is a Soldier that I have never met it seems like I have known them for a long time, This is due to the same experiences we have had in the past in this organization.
Real skills, real leadership
Chief Warrant Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAMay 31, 2016
Learn many new skills learned while developing leadership initiatives and skill. Developed the ability to communicate in writing and in verbally. Management was highly receptive to motivated individuals while fostering soldier development in a variety of areas. Co-workers were always interesting and we all learned from each other as team-work is essential in a combat environment. The hardest part was maintaining mission readiness in a part-time atmosphere. The most enjoyable part of the job was being around motivated individuals who share the same values.
Pros
Learning from experienced professionals, diversity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5