National Guard
3,269 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

a
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee), Edinburgh, INDecember 5, 2014
A typical day with the National Guard is very interesting since you are constantly and continuously training, There are so many interesting things to learn, and easy to advance if you have a strong work ethic.
Great benefits & leadership experience
Infantryman/Cadet (Current Employee), San AntonioDecember 5, 2014
My time in the National Guard has been amazing because of the experience that I have been apart of and the opportunity to get leadership experience has really developed me to become a better leader.
great for life structuring and discipline, offered stability
lightwheeled vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLDecember 4, 2014
Pros: very informative
Cons: very strick
tought uniformity, maintenance mechanic skills, and life survival skills
review
Communication Specialist (Former Employee), Tifton, GADecember 4, 2014
nothing really bad to say about the guard, just wish that I would have went Active Duty
great place to work
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), Boweling green ohioDecember 4, 2014
it is a great place to work it teaches hard work and learn you come in for morning pt and then you are tasked out on what you have on the agenda for the day.
Productive workplace
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Current Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 3, 2014
The workplace various due to the circumstances of the job and what it entails. The job requires dedication and allows one to learn several valuable skills.
Completely Unorganized
Military Police (Former Employee), Fresno, CADecember 3, 2014
Active duty would have been the better route to choose, because my experience in the National Guard was one of watching superiors run around like chickens with their heads cut off and not having any idea on how to prepare for monthly drills.

All-in-all, my experience was adequate. I learned some valuable lessons while I served my six years in the guard – more... and became more responsible and driven for it. – less
Great to work for
2nd Lieutenant (Manager) (Current Employee), Stillwater, OKDecember 3, 2014
Pros: large amount of training
Cons: possibilty of deployments
I would have to say that the Guard is one of the best employers I have had. They are very pro-family and understanding of "life" situations. I think that anyone wanting a good paying and respectable part time job should join. They pay for college and that is priceless for a part time job.
The IL national gaurd
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Streator ILDecember 3, 2014
Pros: get good benifets
Cons: waking up really early
A normal day in the military is I have to get up really early in the morning to get ready for the day. Every day there is something different, because there will have something else that needs to be done can't do the same things every time I go to drill or nothing will get done that need to be done. The people I work with make the day go by fast, because – more... there is never a dull moment when working with other people that are there. My favorite thing about being in the national guard is that the people that are in it are always really nice. – less
Army National Guard
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee), Clanton ALDecember 2, 2014
Helped me better myself and learn about the world and the military lifestyle.
Productive workplace and safe environment
Aviation Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Stockton, CADecember 2, 2014
Pros: lunch hour, camaraderie, professional
Cons: long hours
Long hours, and based on salary. Once a month, and one weekend a month. Flexible and accepting towards needs (especially with a family). Work closely with one another, and learn as your work environment.
it was productive check the equipment out supervising the soliders sleeping in rain digging foxhole going to meeting
Squad Leader (Former Employee), Fitzgerald, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: getting days off in the field
Cons: when we got the weekend summer training
going to the firing ranges get up early in the morring it was productive checking out the equipment digging foxholes sleeping in the rain going to meeting
Good place to work.
Medical Care Coordinator (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MODecember 2, 2014
This is a great place to work, chance to learn new computer databases and meet wonderful people.
Great opportunity to serve.
Chaplain Assistant and Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioDecember 2, 2014
Most full time National Guard positions are administrative, so much of the work is behind a desk and in fromt of a computer.

I learned much about leadership, and microsoft office skills. I really learned everything I know professionally from this organization.

Management depends on the leader. There are different leaders that learn different styles, – more... and the management really depends on luck of the draw.

The bond between military members is unlike any other bond between coworkers in any other field.

The hardest part is location.

The most enjoyable part is the pay and benefits. – less
Secure job with room to get advanced
Battalion Career Counselor (Former Employee), Reno, NVDecember 2, 2014
The main thing I learned from working as a Career Counselor with the Army National Guard is professional and communication skills. For the most part, my co-workers were enjoyable and I enjoyed what I did very much. The hardest part of my job was not being able to give everyone what they wanted. I really enjoyed helping people with their careers but – more... sometimes I had to say no. – less
Loved working and at trinity great place to work.
Explosive expert (Current Employee), West VirginiaDecember 2, 2014
In the mornings I would do system checks on all the fork truck and sing off on them. Then I would do a pre day inventory to make sure every thing was in check. After that I would start to pull orders and restock as needed. When the customer would get there paper work I would look it over to make sure it was all in check and load them up. I would also – more... have to load and unload any shipments that came threw the yard. – less
Amazing Job fun and really inspiring
31 B Military Police Officer (Current Employee), Salem, ORDecember 1, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: cant do it full time
I joined the national guard to protect this great nation. In doing so i have gained much more then just a since of accomplishment. i have gained live long friends training i can use into everyday life.
great
Supply Sergeant (Current Employee), Florence, ALDecember 1, 2014
Pros: everything except management
Cons: management
good place to work. never a dull time. come and go as i please.
Fast paced
Private First Class - Combat engineer (Current Employee), Norway, MaineDecember 1, 2014
Oriented around a complete team effort every work day. Usually most things we do are very fast paced. A lot of things we do require math and strict attention to detail.
Benefits? What benefits
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VADecember 1, 2014
They promised to pay for school.. but ended up deployed and once your contract is up there is zero benefits

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more