National Guard
3,869 reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

Great to do while attending college
Team Member (Former Employee), Olympia,waMay 9, 2015
Pros: continue in leadership development
Cons: none
I had join the National Guard after I exit the Regular Army and I had really enjoy myself, because I learn about what it mean to be in the National Guard and also I was attending school. Great Job
I Love It.
92A Automated Supply and Logistics (Current Employee), Kingsbury, IndianaMay 8, 2015
Pros: Learn to work as a unit
Cons: Only once a month
The Army National Guard helped a once shy person come out of their shell and become a motivated person. I now would like to pursue a career in Warehousing and Logistics using the education I received in the Military.
Fun, productive work area.
Team Leader (Current Employee), Bellemont, AZMay 8, 2015
Pros: Free meals, area to grow and advance
Cons: Occasional long hours, early mornings
It's a high paced environment with ample room to grow as an individual and as a soldier. I've learned advanced leadership skills, and exceptional customer service from working with the public on events. The hardest part is the occasional over-night shifts when running late missions or providing security to the area we are in.
Infantryman - Team Leader in Recon Platoon Element (Former Employee), Modesto, CAMay 8, 2015
Great team work enviornment with great leadership and communication skills which gets missions accomplished. Well organized and managed.
Very Productive
Military Police (Current Employee), Macon, GaMay 7, 2015
Pros: Lunch, and place to stay for the weekend
Cons: The short breaks
I attend drill with the Army National Guard one weekend out of the moth and 2 weeks out of the summer for annual training. Typically we do PT, and learn different parts of our job during the rest of the work day. My co-workers are great to work with and i learn a lot form them as well as management. The hardest part of the job is staying focused when it is something that I am not too interested in but I have gotten a lot better with it. The most enjoyable part is when we all as a team have effectively accomplished hard missions.
Efficient and goal orientated organization
Intelligence Analysis/Cadet (Current Employee), Draper, UTMay 7, 2015
Plan and prepare training for subordinates.
Hardest part is ensuring the mission is accomplished.
Most enjoyable is seeing the progression of subordinates.
HORIZONTAL CONTSRUCTION ENGINEER (Current Employee), Dothan, ALMay 7, 2015
Pros: Life time career
Cons: None
You develop life long skills as well as friendships. You can have a career with plenty of benefits. Staying fit and healthy is part of your job so that's a major plus compared to other careers.
Great Job Oppurtunites
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Current Employee), Sandston, VAMay 7, 2015
great experience looking on here for jobs. wonderful opportunities even though i have not found one yet....i'm hopeful
havent served enough time to know
Supply Specialist (Current Employee), blackstone vaMay 7, 2015
. I have not pulled a weekend yet at ft pickett therefore I can not give an accurate review on this job at this point in time. I do think the military will be beneficial to me and my family.
Soldier Life
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Pineville, LAMay 7, 2015
I enjoyed working for the Louisiana Army National Guard, but if I was to recommend anyone going into the military, I would say go Active Duty military.
Weekend Warriors
Petroleum Supply Sergeant (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 6, 2015
Once a month, we would have drill for a weekend. This is where we would sharpen up on our skills and further our training. One year of my 3 years in the National Guard, I was deployed to Iraq. I learned how to mold into a leader by getting put in a leadership position. This had its challenging moments but has helped me advance in life.
NONE
Automated Logistic Specialist (Current Employee), Pueblo, COMay 6, 2015
Through all of my education and job experiences I have learned real world skills that can be applied to each part of my daily life.
Very Family Oriented
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Taylor, MIMay 6, 2015
You be very excited to get to drill each month because your battles are like brothers and sister you only see once a month.
Productive work
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PAMay 6, 2015
I am still currently enlisted in the National Guard, it is extremely productive and fulfilling work. I plan on staying in for many more years.
It's the army!
Fire Support Specialist (Current Employee), Stowe , OHMay 5, 2015
Pros: Great healthcare
Cons: Deployments are long
I don't have much to say other than I will always take pride in the fact that I wear the uniform. I would not trade this experience for the world and can not imagine having not served..
Satisfactory structured work environmern
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work was very job specific. I learned to manage flight and ground operations. Management is satisfactory. Hardest part of the job is being away from home in a third world country. Most ejoyable part of the job is serving my country.
Great way to serve the country
Infantry (Former Employee), GeorgiaMay 5, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: No showers in the field.
This organization is a great way to serve your country and give back. The units that i have served in have over all been good for giving a sense of accomplishment and changing individuals into responsible workers who can learn skills that will help civilian side.
fun
Armored Crewman (Current Employee), Southern Pines, NCMay 5, 2015
great experience, learning experience was great. turns peoples lives around. horned to serve my country. but great and fun times
Enjoy spending time with the Family
Supervisor (Current Employee), Camp Shelby MSMay 5, 2015
Pros: sometimes i have to be away from home
Cons: we got long breaks
I learn that a happy home life is a productive work life some I manage to balance my work time by learning my job to become a expert at it which makes more home time for me and my family.
Long days of training mixed with useful information
CAVALRY SCOUT (Former Employee), Jamestown, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: Fight for my country, Lifelong friends
Cons: Dangerous job
Long hours training repetitively and learning different tasks. The days could be doing the same training that has been done over many times. During longer training it was better as there was a goal to learn which was different and useful.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more

National Guard Salaries