National Guard

4.3K reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

was excellent for temp work
Temporary Office Clerk (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 18, 2015
working here showed me how the armed forces worked and the different parts of the job that each veteran did and how it was very important for what they did.
Good Experience
Behavior Health Specialist (Current Employee), Smyrna, TNAugust 18, 2015
Creates Strong Character. Needs more flexibility with nature of subject matter. Requires mental toughness and understanding of wide range of behavior health systems and d/o.
the 109th was like a family. We had good leadership and we always accomplished our goals.
76J, Supply specialist, Medic (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 15, 2015
Pros: It's a medical unit, no frontline in combat
Cons: none
Many things have changed since I was a part of the unit. Our section Sargeant was great. You could talk to him about anything. I know that when it came time for the unit to accomplish anything we all worked together, We all did our best and it was a great working relationship. I miss the unit!
I love the Military
Mortuary Affairs NCO (Current Employee), Augusta, MEAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Leadership Building, Loyalty, Honor
Cons: Can't stay in past 62...
The National Guard has done nothing but great things for me. I've been able to travel the world, experience war first hand, and earn a college degree. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!
Challenging and Rewarding
Operator/Maintainer (Former Employee), Houston, TexasAugust 14, 2015
Working in the National Guard has provided me with educational and technical growth opportunities that I couldn't find anywhere else. it is very rewarding to work for national guard and the skill you learn will last for a lifetime.
good place
88M/Truck Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, txAugust 14, 2015
Pros: experince and learn values
Cons: control your life
very good place to work and a good place to be. I love this job and it helped me a lot with my career. this job will help you alot
it was a great experience to serve my country.
Chemical Specialist (Former Employee), Tooele, UTAugust 12, 2015
as a proud American I would serve my country anytime. it was the army some times it wasn't fun but overall it was one of the best things I've ever done.
Very active and important position of a unit
Team leader and unit Armourer (Current Employee), Gainesville, GAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: It is known that I am a very capable individual that accomplishes the mission.
Cons: I am unable to phyiscally meet the standards required
I am very active in the position I hold and an intricate part of the workings in caring out the plans for day to day operations. I coordinate logistics in supplies, personnel, and equipment to and from the training site as well as food, fuel, water and any other supplies needed for the line units.
Assistant Platoon Leader that maintains the functions of an aviation platoon
Alpha Company Platoon Leader (Current Employee), Fort Indiantown Gap, PAAugust 12, 2015
High intense work place with leaders and subordinates working together to achieve a common goal. Main focus on training to complete a mission of any sort if tasked. Working with individuals on a normal basis to complete individual soldiers needs and requirements.
Incredible Experience and Opportunity
Company Executive Officer (Current Employee), Saint Cloud, MNAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits, Pay and work atmosphere
Cons: Hours can be hectic and uncontrollable at times
Being in the National Guard has been very rewarding. I have grown with them, been challenged and have had the opportunity to work with amazing individuals. I not only have learned a great deal from them and with them but I have been put in leadership roles that have taught me valuable lessons.
Army National Guard
Water Treatment Specialist (92W) (Current Employee), Pomona, CaliforniaAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Serving my State and Country
Cons: One weekend a month.
In the Army National Guard you do what ever is needed and go where ever is needed. We defend our state from small to big disasters such as wild fires, earthquakes, mud slides, ECT . We go beyond the call of duty and work in a professional and proficient work environment.
Excellent life experiences
Sergeant (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 11, 2015
The National Guard provides excellent education benefits, training and networking opportunities for those willing to pursue them.
life expanding experiences, confidence building
in charge of a team of bradley's and their crews. (Current Employee), Lumberton NC, IraqAugust 11, 2015
Pros: life changing experiences to make me a stronger person
Cons: a lot of down time which I learned to manage effectively
I was a staff sergeant in the Army National Guard for 26 years. I was very happy from day to day there were a lot of challenges and hurdles to overcome. I enjoyed the diverse group of people I worked with over the years, and with some of them shared life experiences that will follow me through the rest of my life.
Best part about being in the National Guard
Mechanic/Supply Technician (Current Employee), Phenix city, ALAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Love serving our country
Cons: Sometimes you have to leave your family for a year
Being in the National Guard is honor, to serve and protect the citizens of America. I've learn how to manage different ethnics of people. Not only am I leader, but you have to listen to your peers, because they have great ideas also.
Great experience!
CBRN (Former Employee), SCAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: They might run out of money to pay for school
Learned plenty about myself. Pushed myself everyday physically, mentally. Gained great leadership experience and ability to work with other people. Met new people from all over the country. Great benefits.
Productive work environment with a positive atmosphere
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Robbins, ILAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Team work to accomplish task is highly encouraged
Cons: Too many leadership roles can cause confusion
You arrive to work and workers are accounted for and a group meeting occurs to decide what to accomplish for the day. Leadership ensure important task are accomplished. A quick work pace is kept up until all task are complete and then atmosphere becomes more relax. Co workers maintain a motivated and positive attitude throughout process
attention to detail teamwork is key
Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), canandaigua,NyAugust 10, 2015
It is a great work environment everyone works as a team, the best part of the job is getting away from the civilian world and working as a team in the New York State National Guard; it better prepares me for the civilian work force.
Infantryman
Infantryman (Current Employee), Cambridge Springs, PAAugust 10, 2015
Pros: free food and living
Cons: Very hard physically and emotionally
A typical day could be shooting weapons or t could be clearing houses and doing missions. I learned how to defend myself and to maintain fire arms. Management is everything is on time. My fellow soldiers are very good and very trustworthy. The hardest part is continuing to push yourself to the limits but continuing to complete the mission. The most enjoyable part is completing training and going back to the barracks.
Productive and fun place to work however it is demanding.
Logistics NCO (Former Employee), Malvern, ARAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: None
Arkansas Army National Guard full time position in the Active Guard/Reserve. Challenging work as logistics NCO for a battalion of approximately 500 soldiers. Challenging training, planning, execution of military missions.
Heavy Equipment Operator
12N Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Franklinton, LaAugust 10, 2015
Operate and perform maintenance on front end loaders, back hoe loaders, skid steers, extended boom forklifts, graders, scrapers, bulldozars, hydraulic excavators, sheeps foot rollers, Humvees, and multiple other military equipment.
Headquarters