National Guard
2,691 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Army
Food Service Specialist (E-3) (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 30, 2014
Most days i work are generally the same, PT in the morning then i prepare a meal with about 3 other soldiers for 300+ in a shift that normally last 12 hours or more. I have learned more from being in the Army then i have with any other life experience i have had, you are put to the highest standard and you must consistently meet that, it gives you so – more... much character and the training was a humbling experience, it was also beyond challenging. – less
Loved the Military I just got burned out.
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee), Middlesboro, KYJune 29, 2014
Pros: team
Cons: family got put second
I loved the military and the personal satifaction it gave me. I needed stop and focus on the family for a while. I would do it all over again.
Great
Mos 42L Administrative Specialist (Former Employee), USAJune 29, 2014
You get what you earn. lots of room/opportunities to advance. And very professional.
Great oppritunitys and career!
Military Police (Current Employee), Brandon, MSJune 29, 2014
Pros: benifits
Cons: being away long periods at a time.
A typical day in the Mississippi Army National guard consists of training,mostly on combat related situations,and police skills.I have learned alot from from this career.Medical training,mechanical training,and many police skills and techniques.Management and fellow soldiers work together and know there place,its more of a family than managment.The – more... hardest part of the job consist of combat deployments and leaving loved ones behind,however its also the most enjoyable knowing that im making a difference. – less
Great experience
Telecommunication expert (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzJune 28, 2014
Pros: refined technical skills, met great people, went on a 3 week humanitarian mission to panama
The National Guard is one weekend a month with a two week annual training normally in the spring or summer. During a typical drill weekend, myself and the soldiers in my communications section would work on tasks that helped us refine our skills within our assigned military occupational specialties (MOS's). It was a great time in my life that I would – more... not change for anything. – less
Difficult job, very rewarding.
Sergeant, 13B (Current Employee), Rexburg, IDJune 28, 2014
Pros: great benifits.
Cons: benefits are very expensive.
Lead and assist in leading a section of 7 to 12 soldiers.
Maintained highly proficient in tasks such as many weapons qualifications,
Taught classes on any needed soldier readiness issues and tasks.
Infantry and Military Policing Duties
Secured three high trafficked checkpoints, conducting vehicle and personnel searches.
Patrolled outlying villages and – more... Baghdad while mounted in vehicles and while on foot. – less
Mechanic
Big Tank Mechanic (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2014
Pros: you are learning a very valuable skill
Cons: trying to get someone to hire you if this is your first real job.
The Arkansas Army National will give you structure and help you learn the meaning of hard work and discipline. You learn how to take pride in your work and respect who you are and what you do.

A typical day at work is working on Army Tanks and the vehicles in the motor pool. Changing oil, rotating tires,
Educational Place to work
Paybranch Supervisor (Former Employee), Carson City, NVJune 27, 2014
I enjoyed my 22 years working for the Nevada Army National Guard. I was offered many educational classes in financial management, leadership.
I had some awesome co-workers in the three positions I held.
The hardest part of the job was sending the solders off to war.
The most enjoyable part of the job was resolving many pay issues that came up for the – more... soldiers – less
Great way to serve your state and country
Motor Transport Operator-Sergeant (Current Employee), IllinoisJune 27, 2014
Typical Drills weekends are once a month, and filled with checking equipment, planning training, and actually conducting training.

I have served two deployments overseas, and the experiences I have had will continue to serve me for the rest of my life.
great way to serve country and go to school
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJune 27, 2014
take full advantage of being a part time soldier by taking on the benefits of school funds or setting up a full time job
Productive and fun environment
Food Service Specialist/Cook (Current Employee), Edgefield, SCJune 27, 2014
Time efficient with prepare meals and task on hand. Job requires multiply duties. Supply and Logistics work is fast pace and very organize with administrative work.
military life
SPECIALIST/HELPDESK (Former Employee), Cumming, GAJune 26, 2014
Pros: wonderful benefits
Cons: hard work sometimes
i enjoyed all the moments of the military. Make sure u read through your contracts before u sign them.
Part time allowing me to continue to serve and take care of my family
Training and Equipment Supervisor (Former Employee), Gonzales, LAJune 26, 2014
Had drill one weekend a month with 2 weeks of annual training in the summer. Ordered on most state and federal natural disasters throughout the state of Louisiana. Deployed twice (Iraq and Kuwait). Hardest part of the job for me was staying busy. I enjoyed meeting different people and the travel we did.
Hard and dangerious work that made proud to have served
I made to the rank of a Staff Sergeant (Former Employee), Urbana/Effingham/Marion/Decatur/Iraq/AfhganistanJune 26, 2014
Pros: serving your country
Cons: very dangerious
2003-2011 Illinois Army National Guard
While in the National Guard, I did many things. I made to the rank of a Staff Sergeant, E-6. I went to the weekend a month drills as an infantryman. The unit I was in got mobilized to go to Iraq. There once I was in Iraq, I instructed the foreign troops, and took them out on missions. After I returned from Iraq, – more... I worked full time for the guard as the retention non commission officer. I then volunteered to Afghanistan. Once again I was chosen to train the foreign troops, and take them on missions. I received many awards for my work overseas, to include the bronze star. Once I returned from overseas, I was too injured to continue in the National Guard, and was medically discharged. – less
deployment
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 26, 2014
Going to Afghanistan was a life changer and culture shock. I am extremely glad i experience a year in such a primitive state. I have grown as a person and learned a lot. While i was there i troubleshooted thousands of computers and softwares as well as set up antennas to communicate to each other via line of sight.
E2 (Current Employee), Pinellas Park, FlJune 26, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: early mornings and late nights
Great work culture, sense of responsibility. A typical day at work is me coming in at five in the morning and doing physical training. Then doing my job duties such as paperwork and up keep on equipment.
productive
specialist (Former Employee), stout fieldJune 26, 2014
Pros: not too hard of work
i packaged,and closed whirlpool parts. i also drove a sit-down forklift
Good way earn money
Specialist 4 25U - Signal Support Systems (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJune 25, 2014
Pros: travel the world
Cons: going to war
Great benefits pay for college travel the world.Good way to bring self esteem and build character,
Maintenance on helicopter radios with the NJ Army National Guard.
Avionic Communication Repair (Current Employee), Lakehurst, NJJune 25, 2014
Report to drill 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks a summer.
Report to the hangar on base to see what maintenance needs to be done for the helicopters. Learned basic electronics and soldering. The hardest part of the job was the training (basic electronics and soldering). The most enjoyable part of the job is being around fellow soldiers and the Army atmosphere.
funn work place
mechanic (Current Employee), new yorkJune 25, 2014
I enjoy working there .my peers are the best .I always look forward to go to word even though its only one week end a month

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more