National Guard
3,534 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Great working enviroment with long hours
Recruiting and Retention NCO (Current Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 6, 2015
The military is a fabulous opportunity to change your life. The benefits and opportunities offered to our soldiers are beyond that of any typical civilian company. However, with any great benefit comes a trade. We work long hours and when the mission has to be finished there is no such thing as a time clock. That being said I have worked with some of the most amazing people ever. I meet all walks of life and I love it. Recruiting is a great field for someone like me. I enjoy the networking aspect. The military literally changed my life and having the chance to change the lives of others is truly fulfilling. I work alone much of the time but I am always surrounded by people as I am often at community events and high school programs. However, this can be taxing on my family. They miss me and I often work 70 to 90 hours a week. When I am home I am often answering my phone or texting with applicants and soldiers who have questions about our program. But the moment when they stand before the flag and recite their oath of enlistment makes all the sacrifice worth it. And the day I see them graduate from college, knowing they could not have done that without me, is my why.
physicaly demanding
11b (Current Employee), Peekskill, NYFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: always on the move
Cons: lack of sleep
as an infantryman the odds are always against us but that's just the perk that comes with the job, security is our main priority
Honorable job
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee), Alma, MIFebruary 6, 2015
I loved serving in the military but job advancement was very difficult. The comradery of serving in the military is incomparable
Opportunities
Antiterrorism/Force Protection Manager (Current Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: job
Cons: not much
Great opportunity for anyone who are willing to join the military. Great job and technical skill opportunity for those who qualify.
Great organization
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), Caribou, MEFebruary 6, 2015
Great Organization with a great group of soldiers! its all citizen soldiers that come together 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks during the summer and we get a lot of work done in the short periods of time!
Challenging and Fast Paced
LOGISTICS AND AUTOMATION OFFICER FOR RECRUITING (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: wonderful people. love being in uniform.
Cons: constantly at work, but that is active duty.
I am responsible for 223 GSA vehicles dispersed across the state of Texas and used by the Texas Army National Guard Recruiting and Retention Force. I oversee all government purchase card purchases for the company and for the marketing department, and I am responsible for making sure that those purchases fall within guidelines. I manage all the Unit Travel Card purchases for the Recruit Sustainment Program. These purchases include rental vehicles and lodging necessary for the young soldiers awaiting Basic Training and other training who are drilling in preparation for upcoming schools. I am in charge of providing the entire recruiting force and support staff with laptops, computers, cell phones, and wifi. I facilitate the systems maintenance and imaging of the comoputers. I forecast logistical needs for the recruiting force for budget and contracting purposes. I control the property book inventory of all equipment in addition to the inventory of vehicles throughout the state. I am a logistics project manager for any and all major events, such as Annual Training for 300 personnel plus spouses, Texas Strong Warrior Challenge, and others.
Leadership
Team Leader (Former Employee), Anderson, MOFebruary 5, 2015
Being in the military taught me many things about leadership and showed me how others should be treated and made me a better person for having served.
The Guard is the truest and most absolute test of Honor and Commitment
Commissioned Officer (Current Employee), Mankato, MNFebruary 5, 2015
What I learned most in the Guard is loyalty, duty, respect, selfless-service, honor, integrity, and personal courage. Every day was pushing yourself to the next goal.
Drill Weekend
88Mike/Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 5, 2015
Formation is typically 07:00am.
We perform maintenance on our trucks to make sure nothing is deffective.
We take classes throughout the day such as Combat Life Savers Course.
We clean the barracks.
Final formation is at 04:00pm.
FUN
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYFebruary 5, 2015
A GREAT LEARNING EXPERIENCE. YOU LEARN TO BE ON TIME EVERY ONE TREATS EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT. WE ARE LIKE FAMILY . NCO'S ARE CARING AND WANT YOU TO SUCCEED
education, team work
Transportation (Current Employee), West Palm Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2015
learning a lot about driving, safety and military. enjoy team work of the military and the rule to in which to live by. looking forward to additional training
Military Life
11C Indirect Fire Infantryman (Current Employee), Pendleton, ORFebruary 4, 2015
Join the ranks of a fraternity that less than 1% of all Americans have the courage to step up and do. Let the military work for you and help you pay for your college education.
love the work place
soldier (Current Employee), Glendale, CAFebruary 4, 2015
I am glad i had the opportunity to serve on active duty i learned a lot and still serve in the army national guard.
i had the chance to experience what a deployment is like.
Great Transportation Company.
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee), PennsylvaniaFebruary 4, 2015
Preform Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services. Lead a team of lower Enlisted. Working with the lower enlisted is the most important job to me. Making sure they know how to do the right job is important.
It's an enjoyable experience working with people who have the same goals and interests
Supply Specialist and Truck Driver (Current Employee), LouisianaFebruary 4, 2015
I go once a month and two weeks out of the summer. I really enjoy my time in the military. I service and drive trucks. My fellow service men and women are great.
The Virginia Army National Guard is a great organization to be a part of
Unit Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Pulaski VirginiaFebruary 4, 2015
The Virginia Army National Guard is a great organization to be a part of. a person well gain valuable knowledge and leadership experience.
Loved being part of U.S Army
Chaplain's Assistant (Former Employee), Newton, MSFebruary 4, 2015
Loved the bothers and sisters that I served with.
I learned that routine and schedule make for the must successful days.
The National Guard is a very rewarding job. Everyone has a great sense of purpose and driven to achieve common goals.
Colonel, Commander (Former Employee), Latham, NYFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: serving the united states of america
The National Guard has allowed me to build a successful 30 year career the U.S. Military culminating with leading an Aviation Brigade in a forward deployed theater. The organization provided the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop a track record of identifying, developing and executing new ideas and approaches toward generating results and achieving goals. Additionally it has trained me at effectively handling stressful situations and managing a staff to ensure resources are used to optimize productivity and efficiency. The National Guard also has extensive training in leadership, training programs, facility maintenance, budget management and writing training material. The National Guard has given me the opportunity to prepare correspondence, conduct public speaking and working with professional organizations.
It was an honor to serve my country both stateside and over seas.
Military Police Sergeant/ Team Leader (Former Employee), Bloomington, IN / Lafayette, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: networking, places to visit, different cultures exposed to
Cons: danger areas, time away from family
We would train all the time to perfect our skills as a military police soldier. physical fitness was important, as well as our certifications on weapon systems, first aid and survival. Leadership was also an important factor. your ability to take orders and get done what is asked of you.
national guard
military police (Former Employee), Richmond, KYFebruary 3, 2015
very great place to be, learn to be a leader and make decisions based on how your surroundings are. the upper ranks are very well organized and capable of training you to be the very best.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more