National Guard Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,600 reviews matching the search
productive and fun workplace
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, NJFebruary 25, 2016
close to my home , great people to work with , they help you a lot. they always friendly . they got your back. great briefings . great benefits
Pros
free soda
Cons
short breaks
love the family
RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAMarch 6, 2016
loved my job and the experiences that came with it. great school benefits. basic combat training is easy today compared to when I went
Pros
hard work
Cons
friends
really open schedule
25Q Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 8, 2015
worked with lots of great people at this place. my biggest issue with this job was no health, vision, or dental benefits. Also job security sucked because it was a private company. I did learn a lot of things while there.
Pros
open schedule
Cons
lack of benefits
Ok place to work
Infantryman/ S-3 (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMarch 10, 2016
Chain of command is very incompetent and soldiers are just numbers. Great benefits, only work 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year.
Best Life Experience
Infantry Man (Former Employee) –  Dededo, GUOctober 12, 2015
The military is a very good place to learn about life and experience new things. Everyone was Fun to work with and learn from. It is a physically and mentally challenging job. Show up to drills and train hard and learn as much as possible.the hardest part was pushing my personal limits physically and mentally. I enjoyed Traveling to new places the most.
Pros
Great benefits, Great place to test yourself and its a fun career
Cons
Being away from family for long periods of time
Patriotic.
Acting Executive Officer (Current Employee) –  Two Rivers, WIFebruary 10, 2016
WIARNG provides a slew of benefits and experiences, which would be essential for anyone attempting to enter either the work force or the active duty army.
Pros
experience
Cons
part-time
Life Changing experiences
SGT - Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Barrigada, GUFebruary 15, 2016
*Good practice on Leadership skills
*The best hands on training for big guns.
*Tactical Training with a motivated team.
Pros
Benefits on base, Gas prices
Cons
Less Sleep
It was an experience
Power plant repair mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 3, 2015
I am more of an intellectual person and most of the people at the job I was at would make fun of someone for being smart. This was not the kind of culture I liked or liked to be a part of. It was a great experience to see how the military worked and how team work and good direction could get things done the right or wrong way.
Pros
Great social status
Cons
Since it was the National Guard no real benefits
College expenses are paid for
92A, Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Canton, OHOctober 20, 2015
The United States Army National Guard is a great stepping stone for someones career, but it is only a tool that can work for someone who is sure about their goal in life. I would not recommend joining the military if someone is not stable or is not mature enough to plan their life out before hand.
Pros
Benefits, College Tuition, Job Security, Resources
Cons
Life altering decision
Productive and Learning New Things
Horizonal construction engineer (Current Employee) –  Caribou, MEDecember 21, 2015
A typical day at work is vehicle maintenance and military movement drills. The most enjoyable part of my job is operating equipment. We build anything from roads, parking lots, soccer fields anything like that.
Pros
Schooling Benefits, Health Insurance, Life Insurance
Cons
The most rewarding experience!!
Construction Engineering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJanuary 6, 2016
The experience, knowledge and skills being in the military are phenomenal. There is no other job that compares to what you gain for the pay and benefits you receive.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
The call of duty may be inconvenient.
Truck driver
Motor Transport Operator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 28, 2016
One weekend a month, good health insurance and college benefits. Not really much else, some cilivian employers make it hard for us but that fine. Unemployment among gaurd/reserve is high
non supportive environment
Social Club Manager (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 11, 2015
Great environment as far as the customers and clients go but when it comes to upper management the communication is lacking and there is no support system when it comes to decision making.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
no healthcare, no time off
Love the Army National Guard
Combat Engineer, OEF Veteran (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, ARFebruary 4, 2016
Great opportunity. Great benefits. Proud to serve with my brothers and sister in Afghanistan. Leaned a lot and my family was taken care of.
Good learning environment.
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 29, 2015
Start work at 0600 Am , work on projects, go to lunch at 11:30 , do administration work until 3:00 PM clean up , go home by 4:30,
Pros
Benifits
Exciting
National Guard (Current Employee) –  Bristol, RIFebruary 8, 2016
Great way to learn new jobs and how to operate in different situations. Also a great way to get school paid for plus all the other benefits that they offer.
Life as a soldier
Guard Retired (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2016
A typical work day usually consists of eight hours. The work hours vary during deployment and military readiness training periods. The Army has afforded me many great opportunities in soldiering, as well as, in leadership. It has taught me the value of team spirit and team work. The ability to balance work life and home life is an important asset I gained early in my career. The toughest part of soldiering is when duty causes one to spend lengthy periods of time away from family. However, now-a-days media technology can sometimes make that easier to bare. I enjoyed my military career and attribute, to a large degree, much of my personal and professional growth to experiences I gained as a soldier and as a leader. The most enjoyable part is knowing and understanding the difference that you make during the course of your career, the lives you touch and the people that touch your life.
Pros
Education, extended family growth and memorable good times
Cons
war
Serving my Country
Sr. Lan Manager (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 3, 2016
The National Guard had helped me after active duty to still serve my country and continue to provide benefits for me such as college tuition.
Great place to work !
Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 9, 2016
Go Army !

Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Pride.

Go Army !

Love the uniform.

Education benefits are sweet.
trucking
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dunkirk, NYDecember 31, 2015
Truck driver is an awesome carrer, a typical day in the armay national guard is PMCS your vehicle and carry out the plan of the day. Your Co-workers all work together to get the job done!
Pros
benefits are wonderful
Cons
long days without doing anything

4.5