National Guard Employee Reviews

Ask a recruiter
Cannon Crewmember (Current Employee) –  Monroe, NCNovember 8, 2017
North Carolina is well balanced and has great leadership. Training is good and saftey is always first. Good troop welfare, nasty food, junky equipment
Pros
brotherhood, good discounts, good benifits
Cons
Bad food, bad equipment
Good Times
Human Intelligence Collector (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 8, 2017
So many great days in the Army National Guard. Training was a great time, met great people, and made great connections. Now I'm serving my country one drill at a time.
High intensity.
Imagery Technitian (Current Employee) –  Rosemount, MNNovember 8, 2017
I have learned many skills with my time at the MN NG. I am a leader and I have found I get better results by being human to my Soldiers.

Sometimes there are those who burn through their subordinates. To me this makes no sense as these people are invested in and much time has been spent getting them to become subject matter experts. It is best to allow for time to decompress. Sometimes this means a day off.

My deployment taught me the most of myself, my leadership style and who I wanted to become as a leader. Negative events usually do have a positive outcome if you allow yourself to learn from them
Productive fun place to work
Armor crewman (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CANovember 7, 2017
Its really great if you're motivated looking to learn the ins and outs of being in the army. if you're not motivated then you're just asking for trouble.
Pros
military training
Cons
short breaks
enjoyable
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 7, 2017
A normal day is , clocking in then reporting to your supervisor for that days tasks. lunch was from 11:30am to 12:00 pm. the work day ended at 3:00 pm sharp if you didn't Finnish your task you had to Finnish the next day and complete that days tasks as well.
Pros
experience
Cons
temporary job
Great Place to Develop skills
1st Lieutenant/Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTNovember 7, 2017
The National guard is a way to serve your country, learn new skills for free, and receive a plethora of benefits to help build your future. At the young age of 21 I've held leadership positions, planned programs, and been accountable for a large dollar amount of items. However, be warned that it will only give you as much as you put in. If you are not a hard worker, don't think this will be an easy option for you.
Pros
College payment programs
Cons
Leadership can vary depending on the unit you're in
Food Service/ Non commisioned officer
Unit Prevention Leader (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 7, 2017
Many opportunities for all. all have different experience. You get what you put into it. Build a second family and friendship. Learn different skills to use on civilian side.
Pros
Many opportunities for all
Be all you can be
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lucedale, MSNovember 7, 2017
Fantastic experience. I saw places I never would have other wise. In my career I built roads in Panama. I lead a fire team in Iraq. I cleared routes in Afghanistan to protect follow on forces.
Pros
Leadership skill, Experiece
Cons
sometimes you get shot at and blown up
Fun and experience of a life time
Team Leader/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Horseheads, NYNovember 7, 2017
Learn New things and see places you would never see before. Meet different people from all around. great experience. fun and exciting. I am glad I joined
Serving the military
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV 89165November 7, 2017
Serving my country was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. It has given me so much knowledge in the field that i enjoy working in as well as a great personal feeling if achievement.
Is a great experience and get away from a day to day business
Soldier (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2017
Stay motivated keeps you dedicated to bettering your self and offers an infinite amount of opportunity you get to meet other soldiers and automatically become family
Pros
Get to know the meaning of brother hood
Loved this Job
13T Field Artillery Surveyor/Met Crewmember (Former Employee) –  Mustang, OKNovember 7, 2017
I loved being able to serve my country and the job was a very great experienced i loved learning and was always interested in doing my job. It was very helpful and I would like to continue with something related.
Productive workplace
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 7, 2017
You will hurdle obstacles physically and mentally. You will learn skills that translate into civilian jobs and gain experience that can’t be taught in a classroom. You will face challenges and learn to overcome them.
Productive and fast paced place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Iola, KSNovember 6, 2017
Typical day is pretty busy with so many opportunities to learn new skills. The culture at work is easy to work with and adjust in high stress or low stress situations. Hardest part of the job is the hours spent on the job but its very rewarding work so its worth the time spent.
One of the best choices in life I have made was to join
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Fairhope, ALNovember 6, 2017
There is much you can learn from being in the Army National Guard. Life in the military is not always what you see in video games, that is combat that you are thinking of. Being in the military may not be for everyone, but it can be a great experience depending on your perspective and actions. Those in leadership positions do what they can for their soldier and do what they can to keep their soldiers on the right path.
Different than before
Sergeant-Full Time Federal Technician (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 6, 2017
I served over 9 years in the IA Army NG. Overall great experience. The military isn't what it used to be however as various rules, expectations, changes, etc. have made things more complex.
Fantastic
Canon crew member, Fire Direction Center operator (Current Employee) –  AlabamaNovember 6, 2017
If you want to jump right in and see what the army is all about come join field artillery. It is fun and it teaches you discipline and how to operate different machinery as well medical skills and computer and coding skills as well.
Great, challenging environment.
92Y Unit Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IANovember 6, 2017
There are a lot of challenges with working in the National Guard and that makes it amazing. It's rarely ever boring and is a great experience. I would highly recommend signing up for the service.
fun place to work
Staff Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Camp Blanding, FLNovember 6, 2017
full of great times and great people. nothing like serving your country. need a way to go to college then join the national guard and let them pay for it. health insurance way cheaper than any other job out there.
Great way to serve the community and country!
Chemical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Galesburg, ILNovember 6, 2017
My time in the National Guard started when I was a seventeen year old high school junior. My first few years in the Guard I spent either in training or in the RSP program. The National Guard gave me the tools to improve myself not only as a person, but as a professional in the job market. I was taught to work hard for what you want, never give up, respect your peers and those who are in charge, and how to lead others coming from various backgrounds and lifestyles. Without the experience and benefits I have gained from being in the National Guard my life would have been dramatically different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5