National Guard Employee Reviews

Found 8,740 reviews matching the search
Great pay and travel a lot
Security Guard and Console Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2017
I learned a lot and seen a lot of places. Also met with a lot of people and developed great friendships because of the National Guard. Leadership kind of was unbalanced but other then that a great experience.
Pros
Travel
Great People
Horizontal Construction Engineer (Current Employee) –  Belle Fourche, SDFebruary 8, 2017
People are easy to get along with and I enjoy the daily work. I like the fact that I will be learning some skills that will help me in the civilian life also.
I. T. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 8, 2017
Very family oriented, alot of opportunities for advancement, flexible work hours, and able to relocate. They were really good to me during times of me being on orders
Pros
Great overall
Cons
Short breaks
its always fun
Aviation Electrician (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 8, 2017
It is always fun doing things at my unit and when we go away for our two weeks during the summer everyone that is involved has fun and enjoys doing what we do.
Great place to work and give back to those who are defending our countrry
HRCI, Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 8, 2017
Great place to work and give back to those who are defending our country
Assisted families when loved ones were deployed
Productive work environment. Maintained Readiness.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Billings, MontanaFebruary 8, 2017
I enjoyed my military experience to the fullest. A typical drill weekend consisted of range time with our M2A3 Bradley IFV's. In the Guard I learned how to lead, how to teach, and how to survive. Military life is very fun. Overtime, a platoon of men become family. The camaraderie is something that I will always miss. There military really isnt that hard. Show up at the right time, in the right uniform, and perform to the best of your abilities. It's pretty easy in that sense. The thing I enjoyed most was gunnery. Qualifying with our Bradley IFV's and their two weapon systems, the 25mm Cannon and the 240 Co-ax machine gun was rigorous but completely amazing.
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXFebruary 8, 2017
Supervised, planned, executed, and integrated the installation, operation, and maintenance of signal support systems and network integration using radio, wire, and unit automated systems. Developed and implemented unit level signal maintenance programs. Developed staff information services policy and procedures.Planned and conducted unit signal support operation and user owned and operated signal equipment training. Requested signal logistical support for the unit level operations and maintenance. Responsible for team members training to ensure mission accomplishment and readiness. Responsible for the welfare of the team members and ensured that proper maintenance of all weapons
A wonderful environment
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 8, 2017
Typical day at work is nice. some exercise here and there. Always paperwork to be done. Lots of perks to the job. Everyone around you is family. No complaints at all.
Nice jump in life
Aviation Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 8, 2017
If you are looking for a improvement in your life NG is the way to go. The jobs give you a jump start or a jump in general for whatever career you choose to excel in.
Pros
Excellent Job training
Cons
May have one or two complacent people in the unit
Challenging, yet not without purpose
Small Arms Repairer (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCFebruary 8, 2017
An always changing society as well as adaptive job requirements lead to many different self development and team building skills. Self development skills being the ability to overcome and adapt to rapidly changing environments as well as accurately deduce a workable solution.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Career opportunities
25N- Network Operations Supervisor/ Team Chief (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 8, 2017
If you are fresh out of high school or been having problems focusing on a career the National Guard is definitely a great way to find yourself and try something out that will be able to provide you opportunities for the future.
its the military.
ARMY HEALTHCARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 7, 2017
The national guard is the military, there is not much else to be said, you enlist and do your job, you are compensated for it.
Pros
tuition
It's the Army
System Signal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IAFebruary 7, 2017
Don't really know what to tell you. Its the Army so if you enjoy rowdy groups that use fowl language and don't mind getting dirty then go for it. If you don't then dont.
Aggressive and Burdensome
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOFebruary 7, 2017
While the work is rewarding the ever pressing rank structure and ranking of leaders tends to make this job very stressful. It is hard to work for an organization where everyone that out ranks you tells you what to do.
Productive Environment
Interior Electrician (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVFebruary 7, 2017
The National Guard is a very productive and useful environment for those willing to learn and be challenged while serving their country every day.
Helped me more than anything else
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTFebruary 7, 2017
The guard helped me get through school, it gave me people who have my back no matter what, and it gave me connections that are invaluable. Never regretted it once after joining.
It Only Fits Some
Medical Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 7, 2017
I've lost relationships, financial stability, and housing over issues with pay, extended training periods, and overall administrative incompetence. But at the end of the day my job is the greatest thing in the world. I love what I do and I accept the problems that come with it.
While some weekends are spent doing nonsensical cleaning and briefings, others are incredible job specific training that reminds me of why I signed up.
There is no feeling on Earth better than knowing you can help someone.
Pros
Education, healthcare, comradery, purpose
Cons
Administrative issues, made up schedules
scout
Abrams Tank Mechanic Training (Former Employee) –  Hastings, NEFebruary 7, 2017
of course i would support anyone that is willing to serve our great country....why? cuz MERICA!!!!! thats why. so many people have lost sight in what this country stands for and it is so divided that i think that everyone should have a taste of what its like to live as a soldier for a short while that way to not take so many things in life for granted.
i love it there
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Kankakee, ILFebruary 7, 2017
i made alot of brothers from my time there. the national guard to my how to be a man, and tackle problems with a clear head.i love working there.
National Guard
E-3 Private First Class (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 7, 2017
Good career. Good Job. Good people. Treat you like family. Havent been on a deployment yet but get out soon anyway. Gaining rank can be difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5