National Guard

4.3K reviews

National Guard Employee Reviews

military
Representative of the KY National Guard (Former Employee), Morehead, KYAugust 8, 2015
what can i say i loved my time in the guard and met many of my best friends during my service. I saved many lives and fought many battles but i would do it all over again if i were young enough.
great place to work
Supply Specialist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2015
productive fun place to work, learned a lot, worked with different kinds of people,learned new jobs and loved training people.
Great job
Dental tech/ x-ray tech/ medical assistant (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 8, 2015
Great benefits, potentially great pay based on experience. Great opportunity to advance and learn lots of things. People And educational environment.
good experience
Aircraft Structural Repairer (Current Employee), kansasAugust 7, 2015
learned a lot about helicopters
co workers are friends that i will always have
a typical day at work is sometimes hard and sometimes not
Productive and encouraging environment
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 7, 2015
Been apart of the National Guard for seven years and it has been a wonderful experience. Very beneficial if you want to go to college.
Great organization to work with good medical benefits and retirement plan.
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (Current Employee), Jonesboro, ARAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Medical benefits
Cons: Extensive travel
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the mission but how you personally grow and develop yourself and subordinate leaders. Decent amount of politics, but this is expected of a government funded organization.
Challenging Work Place
Squad Leader Military Police (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 7, 2015
Pros: You will make life long friends
Cons: Possible extended works hours
The National Guard requires a lot of responsibility and dedication.
You may be called at a moments notice to deal with terrable problems for an extended periods of time.
Exciting job with many rewards
Photojournalist (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, NJAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Traveling, attending exciting events
Cons: Was only 2 days a month and therefore hard to get completely engrossed in your job.
I was a photojournalist and was involved in a variety of events, such as meeting the governor and covering promotions. I learned survival techniques and how to be a better person. I was fortunate to have very positive leaders. Fellow co-workers were supportive and friendly. The hardest part of the job was only being involved once a month and therefore was not able to get fully engrossed in the job. I loved traveling to places like Italy while a part of the National Guard.
Its the Army
Treasurer for the 438th Chemical Company (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INAugust 7, 2015
My work was all volunteer so I have no real input on what it would be like to be a solider. I wish I could give input but I feel as if that is not my place to say
Texas Army National Guard Soldier's review
63B/91B Light-wheeled vehicle mechanic (Former Employee), TexasAugust 7, 2015
Pros: intrinsic reward from helping people in the aftermath of natural disasters
Cons: a lot...
As an enlisted soldier, advancement isn't based on anything resembling merit, strong soldier skills, exemplary conduct, but rather it's based on an antiquated point system in which you compete with every other person in your state who holds the same MOS (job). Which in my case was several thousand people competing for a very finite amount of slots.
Productive and hard working American job
Financial Management Technician/Payroll (Current Employee), Whitestone, NYAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: 1 weekend a month and 2 weeks in the summer
I love being part of the National Guard. It gives you the opportunity to get the skills for the real world, serve your country and great education benefits.
Great Opportunities and Experiences
Senior Operations Manager (Sergeant First Class) (Current Employee), Fort Leavenworth, KSAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Very good benefits and Health Insurance.
Cons: Dictated Deployments Overseas for up to 18months
During my time in the Army National Guard, I have been to several countries and I have had the distinct privilege to have worked with some of the strongest operational leaders in the country. The opportunity for advancement is there for anyone ambitious enough to expand their horizons and step into new and exciting roles.
Best weekends are the ones in uniform
Sergeant (Current Employee), Albany GAAugust 6, 2015
In this line of work it is what you make of it. I can honestly say I've had the honor and privilege of working besides some of the best soldiers in the Georgia National Guard. All passionate in their occupational specialty and excel in it at the highest standard. Allot of hard work most times and this Georgia heat is not so forgiving. However I would not trade my time in the Guard for anything else. Everything I've accumulated from the Guard has made me into the competent leader I am today.
army life
Military Police Officer (Former Employee), Savannah, TNAugust 6, 2015
Pros: plenty of things to do and lots to learn
Cons: pay isnt great if you're low on rank
one could say plenty about army life but the fact of the matter is you get a certain amount of benefits and pay depending on your rank, if you live in a barracks, things like that. the hardest part is if you have a family you would need to live in a duplex. a barracks is different
Great job
Signal support system specalist (Current Employee), Sparta, ILAugust 6, 2015
I love being apart of the Army. My unit is a very well maintained group of people. We all work together and get along. I have met so many different people and got to experience different cultures.
Good Life Experience
Avionics Mechanic (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Making a bond with others that are like no other
Cons: long days.
It's hard work but a lot of fun with friendships. Promotes family, teamwork, positive work environment. Lots of advancement, federal technician jobs available, military job advancements.
Good for school
Receptionist (Current Employee), Columbia, SCAugust 5, 2015
Guard has excellent educational benefits, but if your looking for financial stability then go Active Duty. Its kind of difficult trying to maintain a successful civilian life while also trying to maintain a successful military career.
E-5 Sergeant (Current Employee), Greensburg, PAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Good leadership
Cons: Alot of time wasted at the end
First Formation Is at 7:00 AM for role call. Then into business I take the platoon to get all important task completed. Usually takes a few hours and after or before lunch class room stuff. touching up on skills and refresher courses.
very productive work place and good leaders
91 B wheel vehicle mechanic (Current Employee), 25 baiting place farmingdale new yorkAugust 5, 2015
Pros: free meal access to computers and a gym
Cons: one free meal for the day and extra long hours
a typical day at work is basically about getting required task done and sometimes beyond. it consists of a lot of hands on work and equipment are very convenient to satisfaction. management is on point good leaderships they enforce work place policy a lot and safety as well. co-workers are very good at what they do and they are all about team work, they are there for each other. hardest part of the job i would say is taking on a big task in a limited space of time while on the other hand, the most enjoyable time would be getting a job done before it's deadline and that will award you some ample time to either relax from a hard task, move on to something else so it can minimize the work for another day or whatever that's constructive and not a waste of time.
friendly,
GS 2 Intermittent Government student trainee (Former Employee), Arlington, VAAugust 5, 2015
Pros: hardworking
Cons: to early, cafeteria to experience, to far a distance
Building/office was beautiful with a comfortable vibe. Management nice and orderly.employees are hard working & provide good guidance.
Headquarters