National Guard
3,268 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Join
Signal Platoon Leader, MRT/ACE-SI Instructor (Current Employee), Orangeburg, NYDecember 1, 2014
It's alot of stress, but anyone with the right attitude can handle it.
Provides excellent experience in management and facilitating programs
Training Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2014
The Missouri National Guard provides good opportunities for individuals to exceed within the limitations of every position. Training Management allows for me to oversee all training and operations for a company of nearly 1000 employees.
If your life were a book, would anyone read it? With a chapter of it being in the Guard, they would.
Specialist E-4 Cavalry Scout (Former Employee), Cadillac, MINovember 29, 2014
Pros: plenty of compensation. free college. an unbreakable bond with brothers in arms.
The most amazing experience of my life. I would get back in if I could. The only downside is missing home when you're on deployment. Because when you're training, there's knowing exactly when you'll be home, but a deployment, you don't know till you're on your way due to security purposes. A wonderful experience that everyone should do. Maybe not everyone – more... in the Guard, but one of the branches of service. – less
great
E4 Specialist 91 Hotel Track Vehicle Repairer (Current Employee), Hattiesburg, MSNovember 29, 2014
mechanic. work on tanks and recovery vehicles. I troubleshoot problems with each piece of equipment
Its the army, it is what it is, and what i volunteered for
Infantry Soldier (Current Employee), winona, mnNovember 29, 2014
Pros: serving our country
Cons: lots of downtime
I train as an infantryman in the Minnesota National Guard. Every month i go to a weekend drill to train on our military tactics and stay up to date on company readiness.
Love serving my state !
Military Police Officer (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXNovember 28, 2014
Pros: benifits and oppertunities
Cons: far drive to san antonio gas is expensive.
A lot of hands on. Definite team work 24/7. One weekend a month, Two weeks in the summer make my civilian life a lot more easy to manage. Great NCO leadership.
FDC
Fire Direction Control (Former Employee), Norfolk, VANovember 28, 2014
A typical day at work varied. I learned a lot about artillery. Management and co-workers are great. The hardest part of the job was the one week a year. The most enjoyable part of the job was the weekend.
Great life lessons learned
Combat Patrol/Soldier (Former Employee), Wichita, KSNovember 27, 2014
This was a very rewarding job. I wouldn't not trade this experience for the world
It's the army. What do you expect?
US Army 11B (Infantryman) (Current Employee), East Greenwich, RINovember 27, 2014
Honestly. Being an infantryman sucks, however it is about the brotherhood, and that there are men next to you going through the same pain that you are.
National Guard
Satellite Communications Operator/Maintainer (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 26, 2014
The experience was very useful and full of knowledge. I learned my job as well how be tougher and be a leader. The national guard helps one round their skills out to be the best employee possible.
Army Aviation
MANAGER and AIRCRAFT MECHANIC (Former Employee), Windsor Locks CTNovember 26, 2014
Pros: flying
Cons: military side of the job
Aircraft mechanic for UH-1H, UH-60 and CH-47. I became a manager in 1999 and once again in 2007. The military side gets in the way just about everyday. We used to be technicans, but since the war started we have become more like the regular Army.
Discipline, honor, duty, pride, integrity
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee), Vallejo, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: disciplined environment, strong work ethic, never quit attitude
I was in the National Guard for 2 years, I went through basic and AIT training and then I came back to California on reserve during that time I made valuable friends and I learned important skills in warehouse management, field survival tactics as well as CPR training. I enjoyed the physicality of it and the camaraderie.
ARNG Review
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 25, 2014
Pros: free healthcare and great benefits.
I loved my job with the Army National Guard. I was responsible for contacting discharged Soldiers that were owed money from a past deployment. Out of 224 discharged Soldiers I had submitted paperwork for 207 discharged Soldiers.
Excellent work place with chance to hone management/leadership skills
Field Service Manager (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 25, 2014
At work I lead a group of 40 soldiers. I have two platoons one medical platoon and 1 mortar platoon. I report future training plans to the Company Commander. I also report present and past training to the Company Commander. After writing the training plans I lead the training and manage training to make necessary changes on the spot.
Eleven B Infantry/Enlisted Specialist (Current Employee), Newark, DE.November 25, 2014
For former military trying to transition from military combat arms to civilian, national guard is the way to go. Also good for those who wish to serve but don't want to be stationed miles away from there home.
great people to work with
Administrator/Operation Manager (Former Employee), Johnston, IANovember 24, 2014
always busy working for the soldiers, great co-workers, I have leaned to deal with chain of command
An very challenging workplace filled with an enormous amount of responsibility.
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 24, 2014
My time spent working on aircraft has presented me with a new challenge every time I show up to work. The leaders have trust that the work will be completed by a tight knit group of responsible and hard working men and women. It all comes together when the pilots fire up the UH-60 Black Hawk for a test flight and return safely.
discipline and structure
Transportation Operator (Current Employee), indianaNovember 23, 2014
has done nothing but improved my character as well as my lifestyle.
Signal Support Specialist
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee), Reading, PANovember 22, 2014
Pros: learning overall computer training
Maintain and troubleshoot on computers, radio and satellite equipment. Installing and upgrading equipment that is used in our operations center and also at TOCs. Went thru 5 months of intense training to perfect the job. I am always excited to learn new things and help out in a team environment or finish any project that is placed in front of me.
I enjoy serving my community and my country
CBRN Operations/Correction Officer (Current Employee), Anacortes, WANovember 22, 2014
I enjoy serving my community and my country. We would set up decontamination tents and simulate a CBRN (Chemical, Biological, Radioactive, Nuclear) attack or outbreak. Take classes like the HAZWOPER and NIMS 100 and 700.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more