National Guard
3,397 reviews

National Guard Employer Reviews

Indiana Army National Guard
19D Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), Madison, INJanuary 8, 2015
National Guard is a good way to gain military experience while balancing your personal civilian life
exciting job
Job responsibility/achievement (Former Employee), Portsmouth, OHJanuary 8, 2015
working on everything form tanks down to basic cars and trucks
Great place to work with a great salary.
Officer Personnel Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 8, 2015
never really wanted to give it up, but I've gotten to a point that it was time for a change.
Being all You could Be
Licensed Driver (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: well roundedness
Cons: long hours
A typical work day started with morning PT (physical Training) then Personal hygiene then off to Breakfast. I learned how to be a disciplined individual and a trained U. S. Soldier. Well Management I.E. Chain of command were tough what can you expect they are soldier of the United States Military. Battle Buddies same as co-workers were extremely helpful and motivating. Hardest part of the job was PT and the most enjoyable part was weapon rages.
Productive & Challenging
Finance Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 8, 2015
I learned that certain experience open doors to better opportunities. Keeping a open mind and positive attitude can take you long way and leaves a great impression on high-ups, which is definitely needed to move up in rank.
Discipline Workplace with a chance to advance.
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALJanuary 8, 2015
Great place to learn structure and discipline.obtaining skills such as attention to detail, being alert and punctual, and military bearing.
Outstanding Workplace
Water Treatment Specialist (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 7, 2015
You get to meet different kinds of people that had the confidence of letting themselves join the military. Not only are they sacrificing their lives for their country, but are also missing out on the many times they could have spent with their family.
Tank mechanic
Tank Systems Mechanic (Former Employee), Olean, NYJanuary 7, 2015
perform routine maintenance on wheeled vehicles and tanks
great place to work
I organize and lead ground search teams (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJanuary 7, 2015
i was on active when i worked here. i'm currently no longer on active duty.
great place to work
Activty Duty Specialist (Former Employee), Gaffney, SCJanuary 7, 2015
call me if you want to join it has been a great 6 years got to see the world but now its time for me to get out and move on with my life
N/A
Specialist (Current Employee), Scranton, PAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I am not able to discuss my career in the National Guard for security reasons. I can say that I enjoy the people I work with and the people I learn from. The most enjoyable part of the job is the comradery.
forefilling
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), augusta gaJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: keeping up with all the equipmet
over all i think joining the national guard was a great descision for me,i serve my country stateside and overseas,being in unpredictable situations with people i've never know has created life long bonds.my typical day may start with services on military equipment and end by traveling to a different city to get supplies for another part of the state that is without or defending my country overseas.
it gives you a lot of training and helpful tools.
INFANTRYMAN (11B) (Current Employee), arkadelphia arJanuary 7, 2015
I have been in for 5 years and it has been an amazing adventure.
Honor to Serve
19D Cavalry Scout (Current Employee), Pearl City, HIJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: great people, great leadership, sense of pride, healthcare, school, and best support system for veterans
Cons: long hours, stressful, demanding
I've met some of the best people i'll ever meet while serving in the army, It's a great profession, but it's also a hard one. A lot is expected of us when the time comes to serve overseas. Sometimes i hate it, sometimes i love it. but i do it for the guys i stand with. I've learned many valuable things, and i will continue to.
good environmen, poor management
Electrical Facility Maintenance (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2015
poor management, not enough pay. ask for state compensation, for licensed electrician.
High paced and skill required workplace.
Unmanned Aviation Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: stimulating environment, opportunities to learn new things every day.
I've learned many things since joining the National Guard. It has taught me to pay more attention to what I am doing and to try my hardest at everything I do.
In the work environment, every body helps when it comes to certain tasks. If a soldier isn't quite sure how to do something, a more experienced soldier will teach them how to do it in a way that is easily understandable.
I have helped to teach some of our soldiers that are less experienced than me many things when it comes to the maintenance of our Unmanned Aerial Vehicles.
its a second pay check
(ADSW)- Recruiting and retention assistant (Current Employee), ft indiantown gap paJanuary 6, 2015
its easy and sometimes fun advancement is not there after e4 unless someone leaves or gets promoted I wish I would have went active duty they fill your day with the same thing over and over every day but once in a while we have something fun to do
Exciting and Interesting Career
Platoon Sergeant (Current Employee), Chillicothe, OHJanuary 6, 2015
By being In the Military the main thing I learned was discipline and interacting with different people to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the hours were often very long and tiring. I would start the day between 4 and 5am and end the day between 5 and 11. Generally co-workers were great and easy to work with as long as everyone communicated. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with soldiers and training and developing them to become great leaders.
Productive and Educational Work place
Section Leader/ Ordnance Officer (Current Employee), Lehighton, PAJanuary 6, 2015
A typical day at work consists of training training training, no matter what you are doing there is always something to learn. We are there as support to other companies. Vehicles need repairs, test drives and priority services. At all levels of rank there is training opportunities. Everyone wants to learn, pay attention and get their hands on training. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is the hours you work. Sometimes you are working overtime and into the night and also early morning and still need to be up and ready for morning formation first thing. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with different vehicles and situations, it is never the same job every-time.
A very disciplined work place
1st Lieutenant (Current Employee), Griffin, GAJanuary 6, 2015
It is a part time work, usually one weekend a month. As a National Guard army officer, I delegate and coordinate tasks given to me to subordinates in a timely manner. I like the position because it is very disciplined and structured. I learn as much as I can in my leadership position as an officer and how to proceed in situations that occur. The hardest part on the job is to make the decisions necessary to get the job done. Whether it is the right or wrong decision will be based on my ability to handle the situation.

About National Guard

The National Guard serves both state and federal governments. The difference between the Guard and other branches is that while – Read more