NATIONAL GYPSUM CO. Employee Reviews

Lots of hours great benefits great pay
Dry end lead operator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 11, 2017
I enjoyed my time at national gypsum I moved up really fast to a management position and enjoyed my job. We had long hours and worked lots of hours but they rewarded you for that with great pay and great benefits. I hated to leave my job with the company as a lead man but had to do so to relocate for family/personal situations.
Pros
Benefits salary
Cons
No days off long hours
Went from fun place to work to Incompetent Managers.
Lead person / Production-Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 29, 2016
Regional Manager not content on the integrity of the company 's most experienced Employees who brought the most divergent Ideals in which improved the overall Status at this paticular location. Went from Team concept to Micro-management ill-advised Lack of knowledge Dept. Manager which also damaged the Progress made in our Valient " Efforts and Achievements. Unprofessionally Revised Intents with negative results, while not held " Accountable. " ? Thankful for the WONDERFUL Years I enjoyed with the most positive co-workers as well as friends. I was Blessed !
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No Comment/
By the the book work environment.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Matteson, ILOctober 23, 2013
Clear the pallets of product fromthe end of the line and warehouse.Learned how to safely drive a forklift and lead a crew. A big company and management followed the rules to the letter.Lots of coworkers,lots of friends.Staying extremely alert all the time.Enjoyed becoming competent and dependable every day.
Pros
comraderie and friendships that lasted for years.
Cons
extremely strict protocol
Electrical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FL and Tampa, FlFebruary 6, 2013
Former employee Tampa, fl and Apollo Beach, fl.

Hands down, the best job I ever had. Always plenty of overtime. Time and a half on Saturday and double time on Sundays. Most people complained that they have no family time. I loved the overtime and the money. Always room for advancement. I've held every job title under the roof. When the economy went bad, the Tampa plant closed down. I was allowed to transfer to the Apollo Beach Plant but without my seniority. With no seniority, I was eventually laid off due to the housing market crash as well as the economy. 8 to 12 hour days and sometimes 16 hours and I loved it. I learned too much to list. Management was great and there was no micromanagement. Co-workers was awesome we all worked as a team. There was no hard part of the job, by far the easiest money I ever made. The pay and benefits was so over the top, I enjoyed every minute on the clock. I worked there for four years.
Pros
great pay and great benefits
Cons
absolutely none if you love overtime and money.