National Gypsum Company Employee Reviews

Excellent overall company. Very good to their employees
Territory Manager - Certfied Presenter AIA - CE (Former Employee), N. California, Bay Area, SacramentoFebruary 12, 2014
Team work at all levels with this company. I learned all aspects of the industry. Contractors, suppliers, mass merchandizing, architects, trade shows, it was challenging everyday. It taught me to never get complacent in my travels.
drywall manufacturing is labor intensive, dirty and dusty environment with on the job training good pay/benefits
Wet-End Line Leader (Former Employee), Dundalk, MDJune 7, 2013
Pros: good pay/benefits, good employee/management relationship
Cons: messy/dusty environment; no breaks-eat while you work
good job when line is continually running but very messy and labor intensive when line shuts down but it goes with the territory of making drywall; management and employees work well together;union shop-but not much involvement; swing-shift operations; dirty and dusty environment to work in; No Breaks-eat while you work; job itself not hard but involves some heaving lifting; up and down flights of stairs depending on specific position. job not difficult to learn
Understaffed and long hours
Plant Buyer (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2012
Pros: good honest hardworking people
Cons: long hours
Company going through a transition of ownership. emerging from chapter 11.
Pay was the best part.
Extra Laborer (Former Employee), National City, MIFebruary 24, 2012
I was an extra laborer in the plant so therefore, I was able to move throughout the plant and learn all different areas of the job. Made things not so redundant in line work.
Headquarters