National Gypsum Company Employee Reviews in United States

great job.
lead man (Former Employee) –  Commerce Street Tampa Florida ( port tampa )December 29, 2015
back in 1986 after leaving a job that closed down, I was very lucky to find a job near home with good pay and benefits. I statred from the bottom and worked my way up the later. However due to the plant closing down in 2008, it has been hard to find a good stable company to work for. Most of the jobs closed down or were only temp jobs, of which I found though unemployment.
Pros
non
Cons
Good pay/ good management/ good benefits. opportunity to seek and learn.
Good Private Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 22, 2015
Company has plenty of room for movement, opportunities are present if you are willing to relocate. Divisional lines sometimes make operating effectively difficult.
Pros
great when the indusrty is up
Cons
housing market impacts the whole
meet a lot of good people
production worker (Former Employee) –  Lorain, OHJuly 2, 2015
I learned how to do a lot of new jobs,I can drive a dump truck now. I can run a D8 dozer,a fork truck.I can load and unload semi trucks.
Pros
working with other people
Cons
short breaks and no management.
Excellent overall company. Very good to their employees
Territory Manager - Certfied Presenter AIA - CE (Former Employee) –  N. California, Bay Area, SacramentoFebruary 12, 2014
Team work at all levels with this company. I learned all aspects of the industry. Contractors, suppliers, mass merchandizing, architects, trade shows, it was challenging everyday. It taught me to never get complacent in my travels.
drywall manufacturing is labor intensive, dirty and dusty environment with on the job training good pay/benefits
Wet-End Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Dundalk, MDJune 7, 2013
good job when line is continually running but very messy and labor intensive when line shuts down but it goes with the territory of making drywall; management and employees work well together;union shop-but not much involvement; swing-shift operations; dirty and dusty environment to work in; No Breaks-eat while you work; job itself not hard but involves some heaving lifting; up and down flights of stairs depending on specific position. job not difficult to learn
Pros
good pay/benefits, good employee/management relationship
Cons
messy/dusty environment; no breaks-eat while you work
Understaffed and long hours
Plant Buyer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2012
Company going through a transition of ownership. emerging from chapter 11.
Pros
good honest hardworking people
Pay was the best part.
Extra Laborer (Former Employee) –  National City, MIFebruary 24, 2012
I was an extra laborer in the plant so therefore, I was able to move throughout the plant and learn all different areas of the job. Made things not so redundant in line work.

2.6