National HealthCare Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

I really enjoy the job itself. The residents are why I show up every day.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, TNNovember 25, 2015
I work 12 hour shifts on nights. My coworkers are fantastic and hardworking. Although the pay is very minimum for the hard work,most of us are so attached to the residents that its very hard to leave ,as it is for me. The pay is $8.50 an hour, and thats after your certified. After a year a .10 raise. Hmm..To me ,this shows total lack of appreciation on the part of the company. I have found its all about image. We are short staffed almost every night, so our time spent with the residents is quick and to the point.
We are the lowest paid CNAs in the area that I am aware of.There is no opportunity for advancement. I love my job and would like to stay,but cannot afford to.
Pros
The residents
Cons
low pay, short staffed
Good place for permanent CNA work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Clinton, SCDecember 22, 2015
Clinton location only. If you plan to be a CNA for 10 plus years without advancement then this job is for you but if you like to move upwards in a facility or into another department within then this job would not suite you. Anyone above the CNAs will likely not help you or take up for you when you are in the right if a situation goes bad. Days off that are put in for in advance may still not be guaranteed. On-call days are mandatory and you will be written up if you choose not to show. Work not appreciated by anyone in building. Will work like a dog for very low pay and be expected to do more than job title implies. Partner appreciation gifts include oatmeal pies and chewing gum. Bonus checks are rare and are small in compensation. Meetings are usually to tell you what needs to improve and very seldom do they include what's being done correctly. Lunch in the facility has to be paid for as well as events for residents. Staff is constantly short and people are often leaving the company because of it.
Pros
People are generally nice
Cons
short breaks, low pay, over-worked, understaffed, unappreciated.
Good place to work for new beginners.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 1, 2016
Always busy helping patients with their activities of daily living. I didn't meet with management that much. The hardest part of the job, was keeping enough staff coverage. I really enjoyed the patients and the staff.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too many call outs, short staff coverage.
It is an ok place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 4, 2016
I would say if you are looking for advancement try another health care facility this one does not provide incentives for raises
Typical duties of managing an office.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  456 Vista Drive, Sparta, TN 38583November 18, 2015
I enjoyed my job at NHC very much. I was responsible for hiring and releasing all clerical personnel, orientation for both clerical and nursing personnel, maintaining all employee files, ordering office and nursing supplies, etc. The director of services was very knowledgeable and helpful in all aspects of the job.
Pros
The company was a very well established company, offered excellent benefits.
Cons
I honestly can say there were no cons with this job.
Fair
Laundry Aide (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAAugust 26, 2015
It's a good place to work, if your there for the right reasons. Benefits are fair, not great, but not horrible. Management is pretty good, and try to be approachable and available. To many of the co-workers are just there for a pay check, and are often under-staffed. The hardest part of the job is just keeping your temper around the workers that don't want to be there and are rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is being there for the residents and being able to get to know them and what their life was like.
Pros
A overall happy atmosphere (when not under-staffed)
Cons
To many people are overworked and don't care anymore about anything other than a paycheck.
Very Open Enviroment
Certifed Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Oglethorpe, GAJuly 11, 2016
My day mainly consisted of helping the elderly as a certifed nursing assistance. I loved working there I learned so may new things that not only had to do with CNA work but in all of the other feilds of nursing to go along with it. There is so many great people that I met everyday that it made the day go by so great. Nearly everyone I owrked with was great even made a few friends that I consider family now. The managment is very nice and try to be as understanding as they possibly can be. I think the work part of my job was the 12 hour shifts but they really arent that bad once you get accustomed to them. Besides that is all the relationships you grow with the patients and seeing them get the amazing therapy there and go back home is awesome! It realy makes you see what great therapy they have there.
Pros
Yearly salary raises and holiday accomidations
Cons
12 hour shifts noty well for daycare hours
Making a different
NUSING (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at work would be compassionately assisting patient with their activities of their daily living. I have learn how to adjust and adapt to many different type of situations in a professional manner. We are team players in the company. I enjoy making a patient feel comfortable and positive with the care given.
Pros
Growth
Benefits
Short staffed. Major turnover rate.
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 10, 2016
loved the patient care and the patients. long hours. 14 to 16 hour days. always on call. multiple calls on day off to come in and work. no work/life balance. turnover in management frequently.
Pros
patients and families
Cons
no time for lunch/breaks. overtime mandatory. management turnover.
Rehab Unit
Registered Nurse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sparta, TNJuly 21, 2016
Very busy everyday. We are a rehabilitation unit, so there are many admissions and discharges. Average stay is 2-6 weeks. It is very much like working on a med/surg unit. We often have very sick patients that require advanced nursing skills. The hardest part of the job, as with many nursing jobs, is being understaffed. The most enjoyable part is seeing my patients get well and be able to return home.
Pros
good pay
Cons
scheduled overtime without asking
Great Environment
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNJanuary 11, 2016
This facility is new most of the partners are so nice. The floor is typically understaffed but the partners help each other the best they can. Management is good but they are not all on the same page. This place is direct patient care which means the nurse is the tech also which makes it hard for the nurses to give the patients their full attention. There "Holiday pay" is only for thanksgiving and Christmas where pay is time and a quarter and you only get that pay IF you work that day.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Pay, Direct Patient Care
My Administrator was the best!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Augusta, SCJuly 28, 2016
I worked at NHC for almost five years and enjoyed every moment I was there. I was the assistant to the administrator and he was so easy to work for. All of the families that I cam I n contact with were wonderful. I got really attached to a lot of the residents at NHC. It was a warm place to work.
Pros
Families, Residents
Cons
Some management
Could be a good place to work for
registered nurse rn (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga TennesseeJanuary 10, 2016
High clinical turnover rate low clerical turnover rate that tells you that the clerical personnel are running the office not a good way to run Coders well Billers were not CMS certified coders or billers . Management to be more precise regional management seem to be in control . Several complaints from past employees never got past regional administration this sucks.
Pros
Great and very knowledgeable clinical staff
Cons
Clerical staff seems to be like a sorority well . more 8th grade level, it's tough who's in who's club ridiculous
Very clean facilily and nice place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCAugust 1, 2016
Long term care facility very enjoyable place to work, pay rate is fare, residents are pleasant. Also have rehabilitation, long term and memory care units. Have fun with residents provided by activities specialist and also main dining room.
Pros
near by resteraunts
Cons
short breaks
Excellent Senior Managment, poor financial systems
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2016
review ledger for errors, develop processes to avoid in the future, answer requests for financial operation data.

Month end close, manual adjustments, discussion with management results for the month
Pros
excellent senior management
Cons
job stability, poor financial systems
Great place to work!
Certified Nurse Aide (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Okatie, SCJuly 7, 2016
I love working at nhc bluffton. It is a great employee and resident friendly place. A typical work night at nhc is doing rounds with the off going shift and getting report. Once that is done making sure all your assigned people are accounted for and, and begin putting them to bed and assiting with pm care.
Great enviroment
Clinical Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNJuly 30, 2016
NHC Farragut has a long outstanding reputation. They have maintained and provided excellent patient care even during great hardships. The quality of staff are irreplaceable. Couldn't have asked for a better place to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
policy against dating within the facility
Nhc
Corporate Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNJune 20, 2016
Very stable company. Many employees work at NHC for decades, which speaks well for the company. Employees are offered the ability to buy common stocks through payroll deductions. This was a good benefit. Good benefits, including dental, vision, 401(k).
Pros
Good management
Cons
No paid holidays off. None.
Professional management
Assist dependent and partially dependent CNA (Former Employee) –  Somerville, TNAugust 20, 2016
Integrity in the staff, helpful, patient, caring nursing staff to the residents, plenty of supplies. Administrator had integrity and answered all of my questions. Good place to work
Pros
Patient nursing staff
Cons
Long hours, pay level is ok
Provides compassionate thorough multidisciplinary care to the geriatric population to improve quality of life and personal goals.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mauldin, SCJanuary 8, 2016
A typical day includes a multidisciplinary approach to health and wellness of the geriatric patient including nursing, social work, therapy, and compassionate encouraging counseling for families, caregivers, and patients. Supportive teamwork is essential in successful completion of obtaining the greatest quality of life for our patients and caregivers. We strive to have our patients feel loved, cared for, and find purpose and drive to continue on a path to health and wellness.
Pros
Multidisciplinary Team members dedicated to a positive continuum of care
Cons
caring for people at so many different levels can be stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National HealthCare Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

National HealthCare Corporation Reviews by Location