National Healthcare Corporation

National Healthcare Corporation Employee Reviews

Great nurses and cnas
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Anderson, SCApril 9, 2015
Pros: vending machines for staff
Cons: very demanding residents
The facility is nice and the staff is great. Its very organized and has a nice system. The nurses are very knowledgeable and always willing to help. I always enjoyed the challenge of working over night on the rehab floor, always new patients cycling in and out. It made my shift go by faster and I always learned something new. I made a lot of friends with my residents, I was sad and happy to see them go. Happy because I know they got better and were now independent. Sad because I wouldn't be able to make them crack a smile in the middle of the night.
Fun and family like environment.
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: everything.
Cons: healthcare was a bit expensive
I enjoyed working at NHC very much. If I could give more than 5 stars I would. I only left due to needing weekends off to spend time with my son.
approach with caution
rehab (Former Employee), Holyoke MaJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: was close by
Cons: back stabbing micro management
It was not a very inspiring environment. It seemed keeping appearances were more important then care.
The regional manager was a nightmare. She was always bad mouthing other employees when they were not there. It was very unprofessional. She often made promises that she could not keep either. If you accept a position get everything in writing.
Refer to the aformentioned statement
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 14, 2015
Refer to the aformentioned statement. I previously mentioned how I felt about the company. The company is a great company to work for.
Nice clean facility
RN (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: short driving distance from home to work
Cons: too many residents for one nurse to take care of.
The staff were friendly, The residents were a fun group but required alot of attention at times.due to their health problems making it difficult to give all the residents undivided attention. While you are taking care of one resident, another one is getting into trouble in another room which resulted in injury at times. One can not be in two places at one time. Management was not very nice to 3-11 and 11-7 shift at least on one of the units.
loved elderly patients
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), milan, tnJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: patients
Cons: nurses
got to know families of patients and their plans for care...took care of pt daily needs
HORRIBLE company!!!!!! Stay away!
Technician (Current Employee), FranklinAugust 11, 2014
Pros: (mostly) friendly staff
Cons: terrible management, extremely heavy workload, high stress level
This is unfortunately the worst company I have ever worked for. Management does not want to be bothered with any of the many problems plaguing this place unless it is something that directly affects them. Everyone is overworked, under paid, & stressed out on a daily basis. So much petty drama. Only focused on everyone's quantity of work & don't care at all about the quality. Do yourself a favor & stay FAR away!
Plenty of work to do
Nursing Aide/ Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Somerville, TNJuly 30, 2014
A typical day here would be trying to feed, bathe, dress, and care for 10-12 patients in an eight hour shift. Some co-workers were more than willing to help others avoided helping at all time. Management was nice, benefits and pay wasn't too good.
too many office staff, little to no accountability for office function.
registered nurse (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNMay 14, 2014
Pros: great patients and mds
Cons: large office staff, short clinical staff.
Spent a year with this group, clinical staff was mostly supportive. Too many new nurses. DON was fairly inconsistent, corporate changed policies without warning or memorandums FREQUENTLY. Lots of office workers who dodged responsibility.
Not for me
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 25, 2014
I worked at NHC right out of college and had a bad experience. I had to work a lot of Saturdays and overtime. I was not impressed and didn't stay long.
Productive environment
Clinical Educator (Current Employee), Columbia, TNApril 22, 2014
My Job consists of education and training staff in patient care. It also includes educating patients and family in preparation for discharge on disease processes and care following discharge.
Nice Productive workplace
License Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2014
Love working as a team, everyone is helpful we stick together to get the job done.
A good company to work for
Admission Coordinator/Social Worker (Former Employee), Pulaski, TNOctober 28, 2013
NHC is a good company to work for, they have excellent benefits and they truly care about their employees. Everyone for the most part works as a team and easy to get along with. However, the downfall is there is no work/life balance and for parents with small children that is hard.
Hardwork and Teamwork the entire shift
Certified Nursing Aide (Current Employee), Murfreesboro, TNApril 4, 2013
Pros: new friendships, healthcare, enjoyable
Cons: short breaks
Everyday you were on your feet from the time you clocked in until you clocked out. I learned how to care for patients and access their needs. The hardest part was not being able to stay and spend extra time with the patients and not being able to heal them. I love being a caregiver, it is a honor.
very busy active place do ur inside research!!!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Bluffton, SCJuly 23, 2012
customers and employees are excellent. Corporation itself sucks they really need a union

National Healthcare Corporation Salaries