National HealthCare Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

High Level of Customer Service
Regional Manager of Clinical Education (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 21, 2016
Learned how to develop courses to educate staffing on multiple levels of clinical competencies. Learned how to work to acquire authorization for continuing education units through the state.
Pros
Enjoyed working and educating the staff
Cons
Difficult Management - micro-managing
excellent company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 18, 2016
this company was excellent to work for they took care of not only their residents but also their employees. I wouldn't mind working for them again however there is no company in that nature that is here in IL.
Enjoyable workplace with daily challanges
Business Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALApril 14, 2016
Typical day at work is very busy. I talk daily with patients and family members. I assist families to understand billing statements and collect payments for accounts. I supervise my co-workers to ensure their daily tasks are completed timely and accurately. I enjoy getting to know my co-workers, patients, and families.
Poor management
Physical Therapist director rehab (Former Employee) –  Desloge, MOApril 9, 2016
Benefits are terrible you only get ETO if you work more than 72 hours in a pay period anything below this you get ZERO, they offer you FT or guarantee you so many hours with benefits to get you hired but slowly over time that changes to meet their efficiency standards ,
Pros
Residents are rewarding to work with
Cons
Poor management, dishonest
Clean and new work area.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TN 37388April 9, 2016
Great staff, great benefits, good pay, but always room for improvement. Hardest part of the job was some of the nurses' no help attitudes. Best part was putting smiles on residents faces and helping them.
It is an ok place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCApril 4, 2016
I would say if you are looking for advancement try another health care facility this one does not provide incentives for raises
excellent company to work for.
Clinical Nurse Liaison (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 28, 2016
Work within hospital setting for NHC. Work along side case managers, social workers and doctors. Job can be fast paced and requires good time management skills and organization. Must be a good communicator.
Enjoy taking care of residents and their families
LPN (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNMarch 21, 2016
I enjoy working with the residents and assisting resident family members in learning to trust the facility to make residents transition and new home as comfortable as if living in their own home.
Enjoyed my job. Family members appreciative of the care I provided
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, TN OakwoodMarch 18, 2016
Schedule varied. No set days. Little help from department heads. DON and ADON had their "favorites". Wonderful unit manager.
A good place to come and get better.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Somerville, TNMarch 15, 2016
A typical day at NHC Health is pretty quiet, I work from 11-7. My co-worker is the best we came out of the same class. The hardest part of my job is making sure every one has the help they need. I have to many people and no one to help. The most enjoyable part of my job and seeing the patients go home.
Pros
Good co-woker
Cons
need more worker at night
Ok
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCMarch 15, 2016
The company is a great place to work. Teamwork is very important when working there. Attendance is great and no one complains about anything.
Pros
TEAMWORK
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Makes me want to become a therapist
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMarch 13, 2016
I loved working here. I became so close with the patients and the therapists. I helped with whatever I could whenever I could. I was always there when needed. If I could go back, I would in a heart beat.
Pros
Medical knowledge
Short staffed. Major turnover rate.
LPN Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNMarch 10, 2016
loved the patient care and the patients. long hours. 14 to 16 hour days. always on call. multiple calls on day off to come in and work. no work/life balance. turnover in management frequently.
Pros
patients and families
Cons
no time for lunch/breaks. overtime mandatory. management turnover.
Good place to work for new beginners.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCMarch 1, 2016
Always busy helping patients with their activities of daily living. I didn't meet with management that much. The hardest part of the job, was keeping enough staff coverage. I really enjoyed the patients and the staff.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Too many call outs, short staff coverage.
I love the patients I got to work with.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNFebruary 29, 2016
I loved being able to help people who could not help themselves. Management was not very good in opinion at the location Iworked at
Loved being able to help others.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNFebruary 29, 2016
I loved being able to help others who are unable to help themselves. Management at the location that I worked at was not the best in my opinion.
I was given a fair chance to prove myself until my parents needed me
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 5, 2016
this company is excellent to work for but I had no choice to relocate back to Illinois due to my parents needing my assistants due to medical issues
workload too much
CNA (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 3, 2016
it was a good place to work but the work load was too much for me to handle after a yr.. I had 25 residents 3 showers and 8 get ups that where mainly hoyer lifts
Good job with class
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 24, 2016
It is a good place to work everyone gets along good .Most day are good some are terrible.Most of the patients who I work with is male that comes in for rehab mostly from the VA hospital.
Pros
Good pay and no weekends
Cons
Horrible Insurance
a small company
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLJanuary 21, 2016
this company didn't want to grow. Seems to be the management that wants to keep the company small and manageable by the two that were in charge there. Not a friendly place to work