national healthcare

national healthcare United States Employee Reviews

productive place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Sumter, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: lunch is cheap
Cons: breaks to short
I enjoy my job & work place...only a selected few of co-workers are not bad. I love the residents, being able to help them daily makes my day
Productive, Fast Paced, and Personal Satisfaction
Head Chef / Housekeeping (Former Employee), Tullahoma, TNMarch 7, 2015
Pros: self satisfaction, goal orientated, safe and friendly work environment.
Busy from Sunrise to Sunset kept you on your toes and moving forward to the next goal.
Was taught under a Professional Chef with many years of experience, was able to acquire and obtain his Position in the kitchen.
Supervised and interacted with a team of 4-8 other co-workers on a 8-10 shift.
The hardest part of the job was constantly on your feet must keep up without falling behind.
I felt satisfaction knowing customers and patients enjoyed the savoury flavours and well remembered cuisines I have created.
experience
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCMarch 7, 2015
Effective time management and strong interpersonal communications skills are enhanced working in this facility. The hardest part of the job is nurse to patient 1:15 ratio and my concern about safety issue.
Workplace
Certified Nurses Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee), Springfield, TNJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: the smile you see on the patients, the hugs they give you, just helping them, when they get well to go home.
Cons: you see some pass away. but you know you was there the make the time pleasent.
The coworker was fun to work with. We worked together as team. We would have good days and bad days. The hardest part of my job was their was patients with no family. I made it point to make the patient they was wanted and loved and I was their family. The patient always had a way you feel good it you was having a bad day.
Terrible place to work
STAFFING COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Rossville, GaJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: lunch was easily obtainable and the hours were flexible, usually
Cons: no teamwork, low wages, schedule and job responsibilities changed frequently
A typical day at work required overtime, my schedule changed frequently, if I was unwilling to work from home (non salaried) I was treated poorly by my supervisors, the attitudes throughout the facility were hateful and no one seemed to enjoy being there. Any and all ideas for improvement were frequently shot down before the full idea had ever been expressed, requests for a raise were met with scoffing and laughter, even after a raise was due for an employee. The job was stressful and very little support was offered. There was no teamwork.
Productive, fun amd clean working Enviroment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: cheap lunch, xmas parties, payed time off
Cons: not off often on the weekends
A typical day at Nhc would include me arriving on time at 7am. Greeting my coworkers at the door with a smile. The nurses would give a report/update on the residents from the previous shift. Manangement would come make rounds carefully looking around to make show everything was running smoothly. The hardest part of the job be pullin and lifting on heavy humans as if they were carrying dead weight.the most enjojable thing about this positions is the fact of the residents actually saying thank you for your service, youre so nice and seem like you know what you are doing
All in All, I enjoyed working here.
Environmental Service Worker (Former Employee), Moulton, ALDecember 9, 2014
This was my first job, so it was a bit much for a starter. The residents were awesome, co-workers, and supervisor. Work load was fair as long as some of the co-workers done their job. Would enjoy working there again!
Stable workplace
Pre Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), Hattiesburg,MSNovember 28, 2014
I enjoyed working here.This experience has gave me room from growth. The work environment is great. The staff have been welcoming.
loved my job
certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great pay, healthcare
great place to work, great staff, great pay,great environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJuly 12, 2014
Answered patient call signals, signal lights, bells, or intercom systems. Turned or re position bedridden patients. Provided physical support to assist patients to perform daily living activities, such as getting out of bed, bathing, dressing, using the toilet, standing, walking, or exercising. Reviewed patients' dietary restrictions, food allergies, and preferences to ensure patient receives appropriate diet
Very fast pace environment and it really made you love your job.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Greer, SCMay 8, 2014
I learned how to deal with all kind of situations and to handle them in the best way possible.
Worked as assistant to Business Office Manager
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Abington MAMay 7, 2014
Pros: worked with upstart company
Hired as an accounts recivable specialist. Trouble shooted problem accounts. Worked with Medicaid Medicare and Insurance accounts.
National Healthcare had purchased Kindred homes and had done well in the adjustment.
Eh.
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Anderson, SCMay 1, 2014
This job was a good job, as a high school student, but I wouldn't work here now. The management chose favorites and would start drama with the other workers there. I liked the customers and getting to interact with new people every day.
Your hard work will make a difference in the lives of the residnts you care for.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCApril 1, 2014
Pros: can win prizes at safety meetings, very friendly staff
Cons: work short sometimes, having to float to other units, if you are not full time
NHC is a very good place to work. I strongly recommend that any newly certified cna or any experienced cna go apply for a position there. I would say that it would be a very good choice for a first cna job.
Nice place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 4, 2014
Pros: weekend payrate is two dollars more
Cons: can be stressfull
I like my patients they truly make my day. I can be having a bad day and come into work and instantly become happy. This typr of work is very fulfilling.
good paying job
CNA (Former Employee), DuBois, PAFebruary 19, 2014
national healthcare was a good paying job our schedules just didn't match up for me to stay
quiet and fun workplace
CNA (Former Employee), Clinton, SCFebruary 12, 2014
Cons: low pay
Had to take care of the elderly, and i loved it. just knowing that it made their day just to have someone to talk to
Great Place to work. We were just like family
Jon Brandt (Former Employee), Cedar Knolls, NJJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: it was a great skill building experience and the managers were great!
Cons: company moved to another location and my travel expenses increased.
A typical day at work was delegating tasks. Assisting customers with their phone inquiries, responding to emails.I learned to practice the art of effectively listening. Management was Great! Set an awesome example. My co-workers were fantastic team players. The hardest part of the job was not receiving benefits. The most enjoyable was learning clerical and soft skills that have helped me in my professional and personal life.
The employees are good to work at.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee), charleston scDecember 3, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no teamwork
I wouldnt recomend the company to anyone. i hated working there.
A long time ago
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Anderson, SCOctober 29, 2013
It has been a long time since I worked there, I am sure a lot has changed. I enjoyed the work I did. I enjoyed spending time with the residents, It is very hard when you are understaffed.

national healthcare Salaries