The National Hemophilia Foundation is looking for a Database Coordinator to join its Marketing & Communications Department. The Database Coordinator oversees all activities related to data management, data analysis, Web interfaces and database integration. The Database Coordinator will also provide training and support, and apply best practices to continuously improve upon existing database operating methods. The Database Coordinator reports to the Director of Online Marketing & Data Systems.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data Management - Assists staff in managing constituent profile records (contact information, financials, interactions and relationships) and enforces best practices to ensure integrity and quality of data. Performs all data cleansing tasks by identifying and reconciling incomplete, incorrect, inaccurate and irrelevant data. Collaborates with internal stakeholders to consolidate all duplicate records, merge incomplete data, resolve conflicting data and avoid data loss.
- Data Analysis - Develops queries and reports to analyze and interpret data, transforming it into intelligent, actionable information that meets the data needs of the organization, drives integrated marketing strategies and improves program performance.
- Web Interfaces - Implements Sphere (CRM) Web-based modules (events, fundraising, advocacy and marketing) to engage constituents with the organization’s initiatives and to capture all necessary user interactions for effective information retrieval.
- Database Integration - Monitors data synchronization activities between two databases, Sphere (CRM) & KLAS (Document Library). Reconciles potential inconsistencies to ensure staff is presented with a unified data set.
- Training & Support - Trains staff on various data entry, manipulation and reporting processes. Manages user access and permission levels. Provides immediate support for unexpected problems while developing and implementing long-term solutions for recurrent issues. Manages cases with vendor’s technical support team.
- Best Practices & Documentation - Fully understands the strengths and limitations of the current database architecture and makes recommendations based on best practices to continuously improve efficiency of work flow. Prepares manuscripts, training guides and other documentation materials as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or related field
- 2+ years relevant work experience in a data-driven discipline
- Proficiency using customer relationship management (CRM) software and/or relational database systems. Experience with Blackbaud’s Sphere is a plus.
- Fluency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and reporting applications
- Knowledge of Web and Social Media metric tools (Google Analytics, Facebook Insights)
- Familiarity with online people search engines (Spokeo, 123people, PeopleFinder)
- HTML , CSS and SQL experience preferred
- Excellent investigative, analytical, communication and project management skills
- Acute attention to detail and a tenacious attitude toward data integrity
- Patience, persistence and confidence
- Travel is required 1-2 times a year
Indeed - 18 months ago
Non Profit Medical Foundation