National Housing Trust Employee Reviews

fun work place
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  mortgage registeryJune 2, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is where ,organise files numerically, chronologically, geographically etc the area is spacious, clean, co workers are environmentally,friendly well trained.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short brake
Informative workplace
Technical Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Andrew, JamaicaMay 2, 2015
At NHT, I learnt various some accounting and improve my multitasking skills. The co-workers are fun and very approachable. I enjoy the vibe and the versatility. The hardest part of the job was the unpleasant customers. Daily I would file applications for new customers and update the information for the older ones. I also check the status of the customer's cheque.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short lunch break
NHT a fun place to work
Secretary, New Loans Department (Current Employee) –  jamaicaJuly 12, 2014
Work starts at 7:30 am and ends at 4:00 pm.

My day starts with preparing for my daily schedule interviews. This includes review files before hand and ensuring that all required documents are attached.

My co-workers, supervisors and management team are very supportive towards ensuring that together we all work hard to accomplish the goals and objective of the organization.

The comradery of my co-worker makes the days work easier as well as satisfying my customers needs.

One of the greatest lesson to learn at this organization is that together we are able to achieve great things.
Pros
housing benefits, subsidized lunch, car benefits
Cons
huge cliente base
like working as a customer service it help me to communicate with the worker's
Customer sevice (Former Employee) –  JamaicaJune 18, 2014
It is nice to work there you have some nice worker's there and i would like to work their. How to answer a telephone and how to answer it. it all always on time for work and working hard. there are very nice and loving. is when i get to talk to the customer them
they are very nice people.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, W.I.DMarch 20, 2014
Co-workers are very helpful, Nice environment managers thinks about the the welfare of staffs
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Limites Staffs
Good benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  jamaicaAugust 22, 2013
Good benefits but poor management, and no chance of job promotion
Pros
sudsidized lunches
Cons
No chance to move up in the company
Good salary and fun social activities
Teller (Former Employee) –  JamaicaMay 15, 2012
A typical day at work is going into the Teller area, collect money, check off, go off to a one hour lunch and use the restroom when you have to.

I learned that you have to be strong in this environment and the customer is always right.

Management were lacking motivation which demotivated me to work and I became sick.

Co-workers were nice but some were very mean and thought of getting for them self only, they would do anything to get you out of your position.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure no matter what happened or how a customer was feeling, each left with a smile.

The most enjoyable part of the job was on Fridays when I leave to training, when I go to the gym in the evenings and when a social event is on.
Pros
gym membership and social club
Cons
no breaks, time consuming & unhealthy in some areas