National Income Life Insurance Company Employee Reviews

Great company values
Supervising Manager / Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 17, 2017
This is a very good company to work for as a agent only. Not so much as a manager takes a lot of personal investment and time to succeed as manager i recommend this company if you you are into commissions based only jobs
1099 employee
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYNovember 1, 2017
The hardest part was being 100% commission as a 1099 employee. You are constantly traveling all over the state to meet with potential clients. The hours were based off of the clients schedules.
Contractor
Sales Coordinator/ Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 16, 2017
When working for this company, you are a contractor not an employees. Beside it is not a w-2 position you have to work very long hour to try to make a salary
If you like sales and want to get into marketing this is a good place to start.
BENEFITS CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NYAugust 1, 2017
The office is upbeat and positive. The work is easy as long as you memorize the script and don't mind traveling a lot and enjoy talking to a lot of people. The hardest part is booking a solid schedule everyday and making solid appointments.
Good Manager but stressful work
Supervising Agent and then (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 11, 2017
Long days and weekends. No paid vacation or medical. Probably good for a single person or a younger person. A lot of traveling, by car, train, buses and on foot. Could do it anymore actually hurt my legs going up and down the subways and walking.
I would not recommend it to an older person.
Pros
You can take time off when you need to.
Cons
you don't have any paid vacation or medical
flexibility
Insurance Office Agent (Former Employee) –  Flushing, NY 11354June 28, 2017
pay was uncapped, You receive leads which you would use to make appointments. You are in full control of your growth. very flexible hours and great pay
Great Company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 15, 2017
Upper management with Five Guys is awesome. They really want the best for their team and their business. General manager are responsible for the daily business. One issue is due to their lack of marketing customer bases don't know you are in the community as an option for lunch or dinner.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Lack of marketing
you're self employed
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 29, 2017
With NILICO or AIL you are basically self-employed. That being said, they provide all the tools and supervision to become successful. If you want to put your head down and work for 10 years, you have more potential to become a millionaire here than anywhere else in the industry. You make your paycheck every week. I've made $2000 the first day of the week and taken the rest off after a 8 hour day. I also worked 70+ hours a week and made $0 for that time. Do what your manager tells you, follow the script, and the product sells itself. Wing it, don't get a full schedule, or get sick and your paycheck will reflect that. Similar to most sales jobs as far as incentive but the advantage here is not making cold calls to potential clients.
Pros
compensation and no cold calls
Cons
RT-99 employee.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYApril 17, 2017
Supportive management, great bonus opportunities, unlimited opportunities for advancement. Great job to work especially if you are looking to get started in a career.
Corrupt
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 13, 2017
It seemed like an exciting and hard-working environment but always felt something was off. One day, people are fired for illegal things, and it confirmed the feeling I had. People are very fake.
good commision rate but immoral elmira managment
licensed New York state life insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Elmira, NYApril 4, 2017
your able to make decent money if you work hard, equal work to pay ratio. however at the time the managing person was very immoral and treated clients badly behind closed doors as well as talked bad about other employees. that kind of mentality will only bring misfortune upon yourself
Pros
good pay
great
Agent (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 23, 2017
if you want to make a lot of money but have no life then this is the place to go. Youll be working 15 hour days 6 days a week with a bunch of leads that are ran through.
Good Overall
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJanuary 30, 2017
A great opportunity, just not a good job. I would rather recommend this as a part time job than a full time, paying your bills kind of job.
Never a dull moment
Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJanuary 16, 2017
Managers will always make sure you hit the ground running before sending you into the field on your own. I learned how to read people and know that "no" doesn't always mean "no". Stated another way, I learned to never let rejection get in the way of me making a paycheck. And that was the hardest part, staying positive after rejection. Most enjoyable part of the job is the recognition after you have a great week.
Pros
Compensation and bonuses are great, they give you leads to start with
Cons
strictly commission, so there are good weeks and bad weeks
Opportunity of a lifetime for hard working individuals!!!
Supervising Agent (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYNovember 25, 2016
The work culture is very warm, energetic and you feel like you are part of a loving family, something bigger and greater than yourself. There is so much opportunity for growth here, and you get all the support anyone can ask for to be successful. Anyone who has anything negative to say is just a loser with no work ethic or values who probably didn't even make it past the second interview.. You get what you put in plus so much more. I have worked a lot of places in my career, completely different field from this from restaurant management to social work to teaching. I could in all honesty say this is a wonderful awesome place to work. We are a very diverse group of all ages, backgrounds, religions etc. but anyone who works with us will tell you we care and support each other, we welcome everyone with judgement just positive attitude and passion. We are a fierce team with lots of passion for what we do and it shows! Hands down the best opportunity that i have ever been presented with. Besides the opportunity to help protect union families and truly make a difference in their lives you also get the opportunity to challenge yourself and help develop others and grow as a team. I have grown so much as a person in just a year and i feel so lucky to have had such meaningful and priceless interactions as well as relationships with the union members we serve and others apart of our work family.
Pros
Built in base structure, bonuses, paid vacations, work culture, very high earnings, full health and life benefits, opportunity for advancement, opportunity for personal growth, weekly pay
Cons
requires some late nights and weekends
hows work at national income life
Life Insurance Agent/broker (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYOctober 6, 2016
national income lie is a very hard working and ambitious work place. i learned how to talk to people over the phone, and i developed really great people skills, we have great management, and my co-workers only want the best for be and are always there to help me. the hardest part of the job is booking appointments. th best part of the job is helping peoples families.
Sell insurance
Life Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 27, 2016
great place to meet and expand your portfolio

you make your own schedule

great commission payout

work autonomously

great management team
productive work environment
INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 10, 2016
i loved working here because not only do you make your own hours i get to meet new people everyday, my co workers were nice and easy to work with, the hardest pat of my job is calling people to make an appointment because not everyone understand how life insurance and not everyone believed it
Pros
i got to make my own Schedule
Cons
when ever its holidays or winter no one want life insurance
Awful place to work
never worked (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 14, 2016
I was supposed to start working for the company and found it to be shady all the way through. Went through everything in an unorthodox manner with them. I wasn't supposed to start for a few weeks but they were demanding I come in to practice the "script" they have you memorize. They feed you lines about how they are there to help families.. If that were the case would they have you read a script until you can say it in your sleep so you can unload it on to every unsuspecting union worker that's suckered in to using their service. If you're not a good salesmen (or woman) this job is perfect for you. They groom you to be a sheep all under one shepherd. They tell you you're a leader all while they're pulling the wool over your eyes and expecting you to follow. If you're interested in that then this is the right fit for you.
Pros
Not a single one
Cons
The company
Fast paced and fun people but stressful after training ends
BENEFITS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYAugust 31, 2015
The people are fun and supportive of one another.
The management is not always handling things the same way, so training can be different depending on your manager.
The turnover rate is high. People come and go and if you do not produce, you will not stay.
Pros
Decent commission structure
Cons
NO work life balance