National Industries For The Blind Employee Reviews

Mission Holds the Organization Together by Threads
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 22, 2017
The mission and support to make a difference is the only thing holding this company together. Their systems, policies, and management are outdated and untrusted. This organization is notorious for a lack of quality management and really needs to open their eyes. Every employee hears they spent millions on a system that does not meet the requirements or has so many errors that the data is not trustworthy. It is really sad to see such a positive organization crippled by a key few employees.

"No retaliation policy" is completely false. Raise a red flag for something and expect to be let go.

Seriously, you are National Industries for the BLIND and you can't even make a workplace functional for those that are BLIND.
Great place to work. Most staff were great to work with.
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 15, 2016
I absolutely loved my position and the work I did. 2015 was a hard year and unfortunately, I lost my position at NIB due to tardiness.
Cons
Lack of understanding.
Enjoyable workplace
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAFebruary 6, 2014
As an Executive Secretary, I handled administrative functions and services, such as mail distribution and delivery, records management and financial management. Helped analyze and planned administrative system, utilizing superior organizational skills and the ability to communicate. Typical areas of responsibility included: Provided administrative and project support to Senior Vice President of Government & External Affairs.
Pros
Healthcare Benefits
Cons
Was laid off
Great Program but Management is poor
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VADecember 30, 2012
Great program doing great things for the blind but poor management makes it impossible to recommend. Too many people in management have been at NIB for too long making it impossible to move up as the old guard will do anything to block you if they think you want to move ahead.
Good place to get great training and to move on from.
Pros
free food and decent benefits
Cons
mean management that has no interest in elavating staff. to much in fighting and stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Industries For The Blind. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8