National Instruments (www.ni.com), a technology pioneer and industry leader in virtual instrumentation is looking for highly skilled and motivated pre-sales RF system engineer for their Mobile Device Segment. As a pre-sales RF system engineer based in our Mountain View California office you will work with the corporate as well as our international sales team to support large system sales opportunities. In this position you will work closely with some of the world's leading chipset as well handset vendors on latest wireless technologies.
This position is for a Pre-Sales Staff RF Systems Engineer focused primarily on development and implementation of wireless test systems for high volume manufacturing. Chosen individual will be involved with various phases of the technical engagement process with the customer including:
- Requirements analysis
- Feature-by-feature demonstrations
- Competitive positioning
- Develop and demonstrate Proof of Concept solutions
- Integrate National Instruments products and services into customer's environment
- Develop, build and support National Instruments automated test solutions
- Travel on site to customers when necessary to support installation and/or troubleshooting
- Requires excellent verbal, written, interpersonal skills and customer skills
- Strong leadership, presentation, teamwork & project management skills to solve customer issues in a cross-functional global organization.
- Customer oriented and a passion to focus and drive for closure on customer issues.
- Proven flexibility – ability to deal with ambiguity, take and manage risks, learn quickly and adapt.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor/Masters/PhD in Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering or Communications Systems
- Minimum of 3 years experience within the Communications / Test and Measurement market working at an OEM/CM/ODM or silicon provider wireless test department.
- Deep understanding of the Physical Layer RF measurements requirements and testing methodologies for a large number of wireless technologies such as; GSM/EDGE/W-CDMA, LTE, IS95/CDMA2K/EVDO, HSP+, 802.11abgnc, Bluetooth v2.1+EDR, GPS.
- Experience with RF test equipment such as VSA's, VSG's, oscilloscopes, power meters and vector network analyzers.
- Ability to travel 10-30 % including international travel
- Strong programming experience with one or more of the following languages:
o C++ (Microsoft Visual Studio environment)
o C#.NET (C sharp dot Net)
National Instruments is transforming the way engineers and scientists design, prototype and deploy systems for measurement, automation and embedded applications. NI empowers customers with off-the-shelf software such as NI LabVIEW and modular cost-effective hardware, and sells to a broad base of more than 30,000 different companies worldwide, with its largest customer representing approximately 4 percent of revenue in 2010 and no one industry representing more than 15 percent of revenue. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, NI has approximately 6,100 employees and direct operations in more than 40 countries. For the past 12 years, FORTUNE magazine has named NI one of the 100 best companies to work for in America.
Indeed - 2 years ago
National Instruments Corporation is a supplier of measurement and automation products that engineers and scientists use in a range of...