National Jewish Health

National Jewish Health Employer Reviews

National Jewish Health
Manager- Quit Line (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 31, 2014
Typical day- running daily calls and managing staff issues
Learned- the call center I run currently helps people quick smoking- the calls address personal addiction and can be very intense
Management- hands off and you must be self reliant
Co-workers- really believe in the work being done hear- get frustrated that issues that are brought up are not – more... addressed or ignored
Hardest part of job- for me just the distance from my home
Enjoyable part of the job- I really enjoy that we are helping save lives on a daily basis – less
Unorganized, Ineffective Management
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: ineffective management
This employer is an extremely unorganized organization that doesn't stand up for their employees. Employees are given little training and direction but are expected to create impact and change within the organization even though they are given no support by management.
great benefits
CENTRAL SERVICE TECH LEAD (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
The benefits are great, I enjoy a majority of the people I work with but my particular department has lax management that my coworkers take advantage of making me feel very unappreciated.
Great Learning Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: diverse patient population
Cons: nothing
A typical day would include performing skin testing, taking vitals, conducting PFT's, stocking, cleaning, data entry, and EKG's.

My coworkers were like my second family.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a diverse patient population that included children and elderly patients.

The hardest part of the job was nothing.
Nice place to work
Lab Researcher (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2014
NJH is a nie place to work but if you are relying on grant funding for your salary you are likely to have little job security.
Reputable Respiratory Hospital
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2014
National Jewish Health is a good place to start a health services administration career.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Access Representative II (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunity
Throughout my five years at this facility I did a variety of tasks in support of patient service. This included taking initial information to create patient charts, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance information and speaking with patients to accommodate their issues. My managers and coworkers were amazingly supportive of me as I progressed – more... through the learning process of working in an entirely new career field. Every day was an adventure for me and I went to work with a positive attitude and the ambition that I could help someone who just needed to be heard. Although most of the patients were ultimately cared for, sometimes we just couldn't save them. Finding out that a patient hadn't made it was the hardest part of my job. – less
Cardiac ultrasound lab has grown immensely since it opened in July, 2007.
Lead/Technical Director Cardiac Lab (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 25, 2014
Pros: no call
Cons: managed health care plan.
Work "4" 10 hour shifts with one day off during the week. The faculty and staff is very knowledgeable. I have learned so much about auto immune and pulmonary diseases and its effect on the patient. Many of the doctors are well-known nationwide.
Too much favortisim at the top
Employed (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 23, 2013
Pros: employment
Cons: too much work for the pay
A typical day at work includes everyone no one taking responsibility for their work. Upper management includes friends joined at the hip making for too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Co-workers are fun to be around, I wouldn't recommend trusting them though. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients one on one.
Great company. Culture and ethics are great
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 29, 2013
I worked part time as an outreach coordinator. Everyone in the comapny was professional and dedicated to patient health and positive outcomes.
Constant Struggle
Former Employee (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 31, 2013
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: no training, support, work life balance, advancement, commute
I would not recommend this position to anyone. In three years there has been turnover each year.

Deadlines seem to take precedence over health problems, family issues, and no regard to compassion.
Counsel Quitline Participants in Addiction Recovery and Relapse Prevention Techniques
Counselor I (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
Really loved working for National Jewish Health and am more than honored to have done so. Worked with a wonderful group of people and found the counseling experience to be incredibly rewarding.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to Provost/Center Director (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2013
The doctors at National Jewish Health do amazing work caring for people with a wide range of illnesses. Working there was like being part of a family.
No advancement opportunities
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 21, 2013
Pros: great vacation time right away.
Cons: management
In 4 years of working at NJH there were very few advancement opportunities. This is discouraging, as supervision does not particularly care about lower level employees.
Standard
Access Rep I, Access Rep II, Access Rep III (Former Employee), Denver,COApril 23, 2013
Pros: working with patients
Greeting patients, making them feel welcome. I've learned about many different cultures ,from patients who have traveled from all over the world. My manager was great, I couldn't have asked form better. I had a great working relationship with my co-workers.
Difficult and rude patients would sometimes made the job hard. I really enjoyed working with – more... the patients, I have a passion for working with people and making them feel special. – less
Hospital that helps many people
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 31, 2013
Working in the Development Department was interesting. My typical day would be processing mail, work on event details for an upcoming event, review contracts before sending them on for signature, make sure our solicitation permits were current in every state that requires one. For the most part, my co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job – more... was the communication in our department was not the greatest and there is absolutely no room for advancement unless you go to another department in the hospital. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting all the donors and talking with them. – less
A great place to work with a supportive learning environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Denver, COMarch 25, 2013
wonderful co workers, patients, and many learning opportunities.
Dynamic changes created a change in the culture of the institution.
CRU Financial Administrator (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 28, 2013
Basically a good place to work. Friendly environment. Flexible work hours. Fast growth, I learned to adjust quickly to change. Most positions seem to be on the job training. Going to work every day was a pleasure.
somewhat unorganized.
Representative (Current Employee), Denver, COOctober 3, 2012
Pros: flexible schedule
Every workplace brings new knowledge. National Jewish seems to be going through a transition and some of the staff is not trained appropriately which causes more work for others.
Meaningful work at the Quitline
Quitline Counselor (Former Employee), Denver ColoradoSeptember 7, 2012
Pros: excellent management team
Helping people change their health by quitting tobacco is very rewarding.