National Jewish Health Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyable place to work
RADIOLOGY UNIT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 27, 2016
Enjoy helping patients, and having great staff and management. What I have learned from this company is that the patient is most important and making sure that they get the best treatment available.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
could have more perks
work with a great group of people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 2, 2016
I enjoy the work with a great group of people. We help save lives everyday. We help put people on the road to quitting smoking/ and gaining control of their lives.
Patient care takes a back seat to volume sometimes
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 1, 2016
National Jewish has been an amazing opportunity to further my knowledge and career as a Registered Respiratory Therapist. I value my time spent there a great deal.
A great place to work
Electrical Sub Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2016
A great place to work. The days flew by and helping people was the number one priority. Helping doctors was a key in to helping the patients. Workflow was there and the security of working in a great place was evident.
Pros
great management
Cons
Idea job! Management was the best!
PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 18, 2015
A typical day at work would start out with prayer and breakfast which was the most enjoyable part of my day. The priest that I worked for were the most friendliest men that I have ever met. I enjoyed making travel arrangements for the priest and their retreats, because it required making arrangements all over the world.
Cons
Management corrupt, does not care about employees
Health and Wellness Coach (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2015
Awful management who does not care and who does not represent the employees. Management tries to run the department as a call center, yet does not understand that this is one on one coaching with people who are often times have mental health issues or worse, therefore setting limits, creating bogus standards, and micromanaging things like call length and break times is not conducive to the motivational interviewing that is actually effective in helping people quit tobacco.

The problem is the top management itself - very corrupt, they play favorites and move their friends up in line, even though many aren't qualified to even be coaches themselves. Coaches and customer service representatives are let go frequently for little reason, and management loves to fire them. Turnover is high.

The position itself is fairly rewarding, but management takes that satisfaction in providing behavior and lifestyle change and makes it about call length, volume, and the time in between calls.

Pathetic
Pros
Pay
Cons
structured to the minute, management is corrupt and not helpful to the mission.
The best place to work.
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 11, 2015
The best place to work. Hours are great. physicians, nurses and other staff members are so helpful to each others. Coworkers are always there for you. Supportive management who understand your needs.
Call Center Atmosphere
HEALTH & WELLNESS COACH (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 15, 2015
Since it is a call center there is little privacy and freedom for days off. The schedule is set by shift bidding based on 3 criteria, so there are times that someone dose not get their most desired shift. You work with people trying to quit tobacco in a coaching call center, so dealing with an addict can be difficult and repetitive.
Pros
decent benifits, job securty, comrodery
A big family with lots of diversity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 8, 2015
I work for an MD who is also a scientist. Most days are spent preparing and/or researching materials for manuscripts, research grants, which include literature search, formatting of documentation, updating CVs and biosketches.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Great family environment and mission.
Academic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 1, 2015
It has a great family-feel to it - people love working there. Great campus, beautiful grounds. Onsite cafeteria. Wonderful mission to help people all over the world.
Pros
Cafeteria on site
Cons
Location - too far to drive
Can be a good job
Health & Wellness Coach (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2015
The call center and quality review process make effective coaching very difficult. Motivational interviewing is the main focus when the majority of participants are mental health patients who do not understand these concepts or processes.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
1/2 hr lunch
A good place to work.
Intake Coordinator for Infectious Disease (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 3, 2015
one challenge regarding my job was there were too many managers, I was to report to too many people and they were never on the same page. Other than that, it was a great place to work with supportive Dr.s and support staff and an open diverse culture on campus. The opportunity was always there to attend Grand Rounds and classes and to continue my education.
Productive fun, and changing work place.
Customer Service Rep (Scheduler) (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Voted the number one Respiratory Hospital in the Nation, National Jewish is a wonderful Health organization. They are passionate towards their patients and also to their employees. I worked in the Admin (Scheduling) Department and I enjoyed our hard efforts as a team. Even though it was a very busy environment, just being able to help patients and meet the companies core values, mission and vision
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
ineffective management
Very productive and fun work place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 29, 2014
Mostly basic research. Learned new techniques RNA-seq, primary cell culture, acute lung injury animal model studies.

Co-workers were very supportive, fun to work with.

Some aspects of the research was hard but over all it was very pleasant experience.
Pros
good health care, nice city, best work environment
Cons
career growth and less funding
Productive company
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 25, 2014
Good working, professional environment. professional manager and co workers
National Jewish Health
Manager- Quit Line (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 31, 2014
Typical day- running daily calls and managing staff issues
Learned- the call center I run currently helps people quick smoking- the calls address personal addiction and can be very intense
Management- hands off and you must be self reliant
Co-workers- really believe in the work being done hear- get frustrated that issues that are brought up are not addressed or ignored
Hardest part of job- for me just the distance from my home
Enjoyable part of the job- I really enjoy that we are helping save lives on a daily basis
Unorganized, Ineffective Management
Project Specialist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 24, 2014
This employer is an extremely unorganized organization that doesn't stand up for their employees. Employees are given little training and direction but are expected to create impact and change within the organization even though they are given no support by management.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
ineffective management
great benefits
CENTRAL SERVICE TECH LEAD (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
The benefits are great, I enjoy a majority of the people I work with but my particular department has lax management that my coworkers take advantage of making me feel very unappreciated.
Great Learning Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 25, 2014
A typical day would include performing skin testing, taking vitals, conducting PFT's, stocking, cleaning, data entry, and EKG's.

My coworkers were like my second family.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a diverse patient population that included children and elderly patients.

The hardest part of the job was nothing.
Pros
diverse patient population
Cons
nothing
Nice place to work
Lab Researcher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 19, 2014
NJH is a nie place to work but if you are relying on grant funding for your salary you are likely to have little job security.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Jewish Health. Our community is ready to answer.