National Jewish Health Employee Reviews

A big family with lots of diversity
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: None
I work for an MD who is also a scientist. Most days are spent preparing and/or researching materials for manuscripts, research grants, which include literature search, formatting of documentation, updating CVs and biosketches.
Great family environment and mission.
Academic Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 1, 2015
Pros: Cafeteria on site
Cons: Location - too far to drive
It has a great family-feel to it - people love working there. Great campus, beautiful grounds. Onsite cafeteria. Wonderful mission to help people all over the world.
Can be a good job
Health & Wellness Coach (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 9, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: 1/2 hr lunch
The call center and quality review process make effective coaching very difficult. Motivational interviewing is the main focus when the majority of participants are mental health patients who do not understand these concepts or processes.
A good place to work.
Intake Coordinator for Infectious Disease (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 3, 2015
one challenge regarding my job was there were too many managers, I was to report to too many people and they were never on the same page. Other than that, it was a great place to work with supportive Dr.s and support staff and an open diverse culture on campus. The opportunity was always there to attend Grand Rounds and classes and to continue my education.
Productive fun, and changing work place.
Customer Service Rep (Scheduler) (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: ineffective management
Voted the number one Respiratory Hospital in the Nation, National Jewish is a wonderful Health organization. They are passionate towards their patients and also to their employees. I worked in the Admin (Scheduling) Department and I enjoyed our hard efforts as a team. Even though it was a very busy environment, just being able to help patients and meet the companies core values, mission and vision
Very productive and fun work place
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Denver, CONovember 29, 2014
Pros: good health care, nice city, best work environment
Cons: career growth and less funding
Mostly basic research. Learned new techniques RNA-seq, primary cell culture, acute lung injury animal model studies.

Co-workers were very supportive, fun to work with.

Some aspects of the research was hard but over all it was very pleasant experience.
Productive company
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COSeptember 25, 2014
Good working, professional environment. professional manager and co workers
National Jewish Health
Manager- Quit Line (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 31, 2014
Typical day- running daily calls and managing staff issues
Learned- the call center I run currently helps people quick smoking- the calls address personal addiction and can be very intense
Management- hands off and you must be self reliant
Co-workers- really believe in the work being done hear- get frustrated that issues that are brought up are not addressed or ignored
Hardest part of job- for me just the distance from my home
Enjoyable part of the job- I really enjoy that we are helping save lives on a daily basis
Unorganized, Ineffective Management
Project Specialist (Former Employee), Denver, COJuly 24, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: ineffective management
This employer is an extremely unorganized organization that doesn't stand up for their employees. Employees are given little training and direction but are expected to create impact and change within the organization even though they are given no support by management.
great benefits
CENTRAL SERVICE TECH LEAD (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 17, 2014
The benefits are great, I enjoy a majority of the people I work with but my particular department has lax management that my coworkers take advantage of making me feel very unappreciated.
Great Learning Environment
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 25, 2014
Pros: diverse patient population
Cons: nothing
A typical day would include performing skin testing, taking vitals, conducting PFT's, stocking, cleaning, data entry, and EKG's.

My coworkers were like my second family.

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a diverse patient population that included children and elderly patients.

The hardest part of the job was nothing.
Nice place to work
Lab Researcher (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2014
NJH is a nie place to work but if you are relying on grant funding for your salary you are likely to have little job security.
Reputable Respiratory Hospital
Client Support Specialist (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 11, 2014
National Jewish Health is a good place to start a health services administration career.
Productive and rewarding workplace
Access Representative II (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: lack of advancement opportunity
Throughout my five years at this facility I did a variety of tasks in support of patient service. This included taking initial information to create patient charts, scheduling appointments, verifying insurance information and speaking with patients to accommodate their issues. My managers and coworkers were amazingly supportive of me as I progressed through the learning process of working in an entirely new career field. Every day was an adventure for me and I went to work with a positive attitude and the ambition that I could help someone who just needed to be heard. Although most of the patients were ultimately cared for, sometimes we just couldn't save them. Finding out that a patient hadn't made it was the hardest part of my job.
Cardiac ultrasound lab has grown immensely since it opened in July, 2007.
Lead/Technical Director Cardiac Lab (Current Employee), Denver, COMay 25, 2014
Pros: no call
Cons: managed health care plan.
Work "4" 10 hour shifts with one day off during the week. The faculty and staff is very knowledgeable. I have learned so much about auto immune and pulmonary diseases and its effect on the patient. Many of the doctors are well-known nationwide.
Too much favortisim at the top
Employed (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 23, 2013
Pros: employment
Cons: too much work for the pay
A typical day at work includes everyone no one taking responsibility for their work. Upper management includes friends joined at the hip making for too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Co-workers are fun to be around, I wouldn't recommend trusting them though. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to know the patients one on one.
Great company. Culture and ethics are great
Outreach Coordinator (Former Employee), Denver, COOctober 29, 2013
I worked part time as an outreach coordinator. Everyone in the comapny was professional and dedicated to patient health and positive outcomes.
Constant Struggle
Former Employee (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 31, 2013
Pros: some co-workers
Cons: no training, support, work life balance, advancement, commute
I would not recommend this position to anyone. In three years there has been turnover each year.

Deadlines seem to take precedence over health problems, family issues, and no regard to compassion.
Counsel Quitline Participants in Addiction Recovery and Relapse Prevention Techniques
Counselor I (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 28, 2013
Really loved working for National Jewish Health and am more than honored to have done so. Worked with a wonderful group of people and found the counseling experience to be incredibly rewarding.
Excellent place to work
Executive Assistant to Provost/Center Director (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 27, 2013
The doctors at National Jewish Health do amazing work caring for people with a wide range of illnesses. Working there was like being part of a family.