National Louis University Employee Reviews in United States

What can I say?
ED of Enrollment Sales & Operations (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 31, 2016
NLU...aka...No One Like Us...

NLU gets in your blood and so do the people. I've had the fortunate opportunity to work with amazing people that have helped me to be the person I am today. I'm fortune to have worked there.
Student Centered
ENROLLMENT SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 3, 2016
Assisting students with the application process
Co-workers are wonderful and willing to assist
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with the students
Pros
Nice Supervisor
Very fast pace company
Senior Student Finance Representative (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2015
Servicing over 10,000 students per year by helping students make financial decisions in paying for the education. I process and certified student loans and arrange payment plans for students.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Cons
Pay scale was adverage
An institution of Civic Engagment and Community
Administration (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2015
NLU is an institution that cares about the community. The location and work hours are very reasonable. They care about the students and continue to work on innovative programs to serve underserved student populations.
Productive and fun place to work
Admission-Recruitment and Response Representative (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILAugust 26, 2015
A typical day was fun. I was able to motivate prospective to attended college. All the managers were highly educated, focused and inspired to enroll students. The hardest part to the job was down time in between calls as well as initiating a new process because of the multiple channels required to approve the change before it was implemented.
Pros
Exciting environment
Cons
The hardest part to the job was down time in between calls
Pleasant ...
Visiting Professor (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJune 19, 2015
My typical day involves helping students with a variety of mathematical problems.

What I learned is that 90% of the students come in to the classroom hating mathematics but then 99% of the students are glad they took my classes.

The hardest part of the job is seeing the stray individual work so hard to actually fail needlessly; but the most enjoyable part is to see the typical student realize that mathematics is not as bad as they first imagined.
Kudos to NLU!
Graduate Instructor (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Great place to work and pursue your education! Professors are knowledgeable and supportive. I have learned much about my area of interest (social action) and recently started teaching as an adjunct instructor.
Case Management/ Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago ILFebruary 16, 2015
A typical day at work is fast paced, with a family orientated environment myself and my fellow co-workers work hand in hand to help the patients with recovery, the hardest part is making sure that the patients are staying clean which I enjoy.
Pros
family oriented environment
Cons
being part time
Everyday is different.
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Lisle, ILDecember 18, 2014
Learning the different lifestyles of every individual you have as a renter. Interfacing with their children and family members. Being a Life coach, and holding meeting to make sure everyone is safe. Making sure rules and regulations are followed properly. The hardest part of the job is knowing someone can't pay their rent and being set out. I enjoyed seeing the smiles on tenants faces when we have company gatherings.
A Fabulous Place To Work!
Enrollment Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 7, 2014
My typical day begins at 7:30am. I'm one of the first employees in the door at the University. I check the vacation calendar and schedule to be certain that everything is up to date. I sort through my emails and prioritize accordingly. After that's complete, I print out the daily schedule, double check all of my bosses appointments for the day, print out all materials needed for meetings, and proceed to juggle meeting requests, supply orders, timecard & expense submissions, and various other administrative tasks throughout the day. These tasks may sound overwhelming but it helps when you work for a fantastic management team. In all my years of experience, I have never had bosses as cool as these guys. They have pushed me to succeed and given me the freedom to make executive decisions on my own. My co-workers are just as great! National Louis is a really wonderful place to work and I can't say enough positive things about them.
Supportive Environment
Adjunct Professor- Psychology Department (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 9, 2013
Diverse community of both students and co-workers. More seasoned faculty are very helpful and supportive towards new workers. The University provides great training and communicates well so that employees are aware of changes made within the University.
Hectic
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 16, 2013
My department handles the most things when it comes to students schedules. We help register students, drop students and Harrison interviews are held with us. We have a tough job because we are the point of contact for all students and that leads to advisors not being able to see a student which causes chaos from time to time. However, it is a great job because you meet many different people from different part of the socioeconomic aspects.
A School That Truly Cares
Student Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 20, 2013
Here, the school still cares about the student. FA department is always busy, just like any other FA department. Not many worries about SAP because the school does their best to help the students.
Pros
like a family
Great People, bad communication down the line
Student Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMarch 1, 2013
People are fun to work around
I learned my Customer service background
Hardest part of the job were saying no to people
Enjoyable part of the job dealing with co-workers
Pros
good pay, benefits, people
Cons
management had a habit of telling you what to do, but not telling you how they wanted it done
Different and an experiecne
Student Service Liaison / Registar Asst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 13, 2012
I have learned to understand every individual as single person and not as a collective.
A fun work place
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2012
excellent place to work. I like working with the people,managers and helping students when they need it.
I loved working for this comany
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2012
I worked for National Louis University for five years and I loved it
Pros
loved working there
Cons
n/a
I was the CAS Office
Secretary Collage of Arts and Sciences (Former Employee) –  Wheeling, ILMay 27, 2012
Good job, nice boss
Lots of paperwork to schuffle
heavy phones