NATIONAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES

NATIONAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Overall a very good company to work for
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Hermiston, ORNovember 2, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company and management is very helpful and caring for their employees. The job itself is fast paced and can be scary if your alone at night but it definitely keeps you on your toes.
Forklift Technician (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 16, 2017
Job is not secured, if you loose an account you loose your job. Good thing is you learn how to run your own shop. You are your own boss. It's good working there
Wish I had found this company sooner!
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 19, 2017
I've been working here over a year now. They are a fairly new up and coming maintenance company based out of Findley, OH, but they hire people all around the country. They only hire the best of the best, and the pay rates offered make that possible! They refuse to micro-manage, and allow employees to take the reins themselves and do what needs to be done to keep the customer happy. I've worked for a couple other lift truck dealers and while they all claim to have customers in mind, their own numbers and dollars are all that matters...but not here. They dont push numbers and statistics down your throat. As long as you keep the customers happy, management is happy, and you get annual compensation accordingly.

They do push lots of aftermarket parts. Everybody knows they are less expensive, but it often causes lots of stress for the technicians because many lift truck aftermarket parts are junk. We are allowed to use OEM when necessary, but have to give aftermarket a try first. Which can occasionally cause problems and unnecessary down time.
Pros
Great benefits, top notch pay, annual raises, paid vacation, no micromanaging
Cons
Only 6 paid holidays, occasionally dont get management attention when you request it
Set up PM schedule on new fleets for batteries
Lead Battery Changer (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHMarch 20, 2017
Great place for a child needing to work and get some extra money and if your a mechanic also great but there is no room for advancement from battery handler to mechanic or CEO or what ever you aspire to be.
Pros
Not to stressful not demanding
Cons
No advancement
I would recommend this job
Technician I (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 4, 2017
In my first month with the company I've learned a lot. The saying don't look gift horse in the mouth. They give you the ability to run own shop in customer's facility and have one on one relationship with your customer.
Showing company integrity is the key as a journeyman.
Pros
Great people to with, great human resource
Cons
If you don't like to travel, this not the job for you.
Director of Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Findlay, OHJanuary 26, 2017
NMS is a great company to work for. I feel vallued and appreciated here. I enjoy the people I work with and work for. Its a big company with the many benefits of a big company (insurance options, 401k match), but with a small company feel. They care about the people. There is a real team atmosphere with everyone wanting to see the company and each other succeed. We hire top notch technicians who make this company what it is today. The company is growing, so there are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Growing company & great managers that care
Cons
lots of work to get done!
Good stepping stone company.
Multiple (Former Employee) –  OhioMarch 13, 2015
Understanding management and laid back work environment. Compensation is less than satisfactory but benefits (health/dental/vision insurance, etc.) are acceptable.
erratic managment
National Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 27, 2014
small material handling equipment maintenance company that hires experianced Techs
Pros
small company
Cons
no training budget
The people there are the best!
Recurring Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJuly 25, 2012
Overall a nice place to work. The people care about each other and genuinely want to see you succeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NATIONAL MAINTENANCE SERVICES. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2