National Marrow Donor Program Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 3, 2017
Good place to work with many different cultures.
The most enjoyable part of my work experience was the balance of work and home.
I learned how to assert myself. There is many opportunities to learn.
Pros
Many locations in the building to work.
Very nice place to work. Good company mission
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 2, 2017
Its an open work/mobile environment. You can start the day working at one of the work benches then go outdoors to one of the two 3rd floor patio's for a few hour then down to the first floor to finish the day on one of the couches. they have gym and yoga facilities and locker rooms. They also have indoor bicycle storage facilities if you should choose to ride to work.
Pros
Located 1 block away from the North Star / Blue, Green line train stations. Next to Target Field
Job Research is needed
Donor Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNDecember 20, 2016
Be careful, research departments. Do not work on the donor side. Employees will be treated with more respect if they work on the patient side. this is all I will say
Great Mission - Misguided Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 16, 2016
A great organization with a wonderful mission and purpose. Unfortunately, the leadership is focused on advancing their own individual agendas over what's best for the organization. Hopef
A great place to work
Medical Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 6, 2016
NMDP has great co workers and they care for their employees. They are an amazing company to work for, I learned so much about the whole entire process. They are saving lives.
Stay away from NMDP
Donor Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
expect you to work 24/7 with very poor compensation. No work life balance. They put employees in situations and set ups for failure. Employees do not support each other. Management sucks!!!!
Great place
fitness (Current Employee) –  MplsOctober 5, 2015
I only taught fitness classes here, people were nice. I was to get people committed to working out. I would say all the people were nice and I would be glad to teach again
Pros
great energy
Cons
not enough people
Productive work environment with a steady flow of contract work
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNSeptember 9, 2015
NMDP offered steady work at great pay for college graduates getting introduced to the work environment. The work was continuous and repetitive, working towards a common goal of transitioning human biological samples from dry storage to freezer storage. NMDP offers a wonderful opportunity to explore a science based non-profit organization.
Community Engagement Representative
Community Engagement Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 30, 2015
I have enjoyed my time working with the community and patients as a Community Engagement Representative and Marrow Donor Recruiter for the past 3 years. I will continue the work to help raise awareness to Be The Match Registry
Workplace in Flux
Associate (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 8, 2015
NMDP was a great place to work and has always provided a wonderful work/life balance. They are in a position of needing to reevaluate their business and the direction it is taking. This has resulted in a lower morale and job layoffs.
Excellent mission
Manager, Search Fulfillment (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 25, 2015
The mission was the best part of the job. You were making a difference. The staff on my teams were excellent and hard working.
Fun work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 30, 2015
I was there for a very short time. Unable to give accurate interpretation of corporation. Data entry and spreadsheet, very nice facility.
Amazing experience
EXECUTIVE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMarch 27, 2015
This was the best job I have ever had. I was filled with joy and passion everyday to help make a difference in the lives of many. This was an amazing opportunity and experience. I met so many wonderful people, this organization is wonderful and I encourage everyone to check out BeTheMatch.
Pros
Life saving organization
Cons
sometimes theres loss
A mission-driven, patient and donor focused organization
Senior Project Manager, Organizational Transition (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 27, 2015
NMDP is a US based organization, and the largest in the world dedicated to the coordination of the international search for unrelated donors on behalf of patients in need of stem cell transplantation. It's mission to assist patients in need of unrelated stem cell transplantation is promoted in all aspects of its business.

There is a great sense of community, team-building and focused goals within this organization. Patient and donor well-being is of the utmost importance in all decision making.
Pros
great focus on work/life balance
Cons
advancement opportunities are primarily within the corporate headquarters
An organization with one goal in life: Give the opportunity to someone to give the gift life
Administrative Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 11, 2014
NMDP was a fun place to work and I marvel at the people's dedication to give the opportunity to give and to receive the gift life.
Both my director and co-worker were dedicated to NMDP's mission and made me feel that my role was as important as theirs.
The position was simple in nature and the results of finding a match and coordinating the steps from the application for a match and the delivery of the life saving marrow was the best part of the job.
The worst part was not to be able to find a match.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Position was limited in time
I enjoyed working with donors and helping patients to have another chance at life.
Bilingual Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2013
I answered 80+ donor calls a day in English and Spanish requesting information on how to become a donor, I explained how the donation procedure is and answered some medical questions. I translated booklets on "What is next now that I am a donor..." translated and answered emails in Spanish, and updated donor information.

I learned to be more compasionate, donors taught me it is worth to risk their own life in order to save someone's life.

My co-workers and I were a very caring team looking to help each other out, for example if a donor would ask a question that we were not familiar with we will look together for the answer.

The hardest part of my job was to hear a patient's family member say they did not match their love one and be desperate to find a donor.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to help patients find a donor.
Pros
Enjoy working with a great group, and the benefits the company offered
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJuly 22, 2013
interacted with a variety of projects that kept you busy so time would fly. learned time management and multi-tasking, management staff was great. Co workers where awesome when it came to team work hardest part of job not always being able to find match for a bone marrow person. The most important part of the job was going out to community donor jobs meeting and hearing peoples stories of survivals.
Pros
Being apart of a AWESOME team and great Location and parking site.
Cons
Work hours
N/a
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJuly 13, 2013
Had a booth that people could come to in order to find out the importance of being a marrow donor.
Wonderful team and many responsibilities. Incredible mission.
Recruitment Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2013
Excellent place to work. I had a great team and was blessed to work with both corporations to raise money for the foundation and also to coordinate marrow drives.
Pros
wonderful mission. travel.
Cons
reorganization
Exciting, productive, rewarding, fun
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2012
Working at National Marrow Donor Program was exciting and rewarding. A typical day included various analysis, reporting and interactions with all levels of management. Management was always approachable and had a real open door policy. The hardest part of my job was having to give my notice that I was relocating to Texas. The most enjoyable was having a wonderful job at an exciting place where co-workers and management supported each other.
Pros
rewarding, challenging, exciting
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Marrow Donor Program. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9