National Marrow Donor Program

National Marrow Donor Program Employer Reviews

I enjoyed working with donors and helping patients to have another chance at life.
Bilingual Contact Representative (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJuly 30, 2013
Pros: enjoy working with a great group, and the benefits the company offered
I answered 80+ donor calls a day in English and Spanish requesting information on how to become a donor, I explained how the donation procedure is and answered some medical questions. I translated booklets on "What is next now that I am a donor..." translated and answered emails in Spanish, and updated donor information.

I learned to be more compasionate, – more... donors taught me it is worth to risk their own life in order to save someone's life.

My co-workers and I were a very caring team looking to help each other out, for example if a donor would ask a question that we were not familiar with we will look together for the answer.

The hardest part of my job was to hear a patient's family member say they did not match their love one and be desperate to find a donor.

The most enjoyable part of my job is to be able to help patients find a donor. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Leawood, KSJuly 22, 2013
Pros: being apart of a awesome team and great location and parking site.
Cons: work hours
interacted with a variety of projects that kept you busy so time would fly. learned time management and multi-tasking, management staff was great. Co workers where awesome when it came to team work hardest part of job not always being able to find match for a bone marrow person. The most important part of the job was going out to community donor jobs – more... meeting and hearing peoples stories of survivals. – less
N/A
Volunteer (Former Employee), Huntsville, TXJuly 13, 2013
Had a booth that people could come to in order to find out the importance of being a marrow donor.
Wonderful team and many responsibilities. Incredible mission.
Recruitment Operations Coordinator (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: wonderful mission. travel.
Cons: reorganization
Excellent place to work. I had a great team and was blessed to work with both corporations to raise money for the foundation and also to coordinate marrow drives.
Exciting, productive, rewarding, fun
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2012
Pros: rewarding, challenging, exciting
Cons: commute
Working at National Marrow Donor Program was exciting and rewarding. A typical day included various analysis, reporting and interactions with all levels of management. Management was always approachable and had a real open door policy. The hardest part of my job was having to give my notice that I was relocating to Texas. The most enjoyable was having – more... a wonderful job at an exciting place where co-workers and management supported each other. – less
Exciting, productive, rewarding, fun
Senior Cost Analyst (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNDecember 7, 2012
Pros: rewarding, challenging, exciting
Cons: commute
Wasteful wasteful wasteful
Manager (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 8, 2012
Pros: should be working for the patients
Cons: wasteful $$$$, wasteful meetings
This week at the NMDP we have another annual Council Meeting. Hundreds of employees from across the country fly in to Minneapolis, are put up at the Hilton, and party all week at the companies expense (they call it grant money from NMDP...).

Council Meeting Objectives
To recognize, inspire, educate and collaborate with our Network partners as we share – more... innovative best practices that will enable us to collectively save more patients’ lives.

Who Should Attend
This annual meeting is held for the NMDP network to collectively address the challenges of unrelated marrow and cord blood transplants for patients in need. NMDP network partners, nurses, laboratory technologists, NMDP employees, and other healthcare professionals are encouraged to attend.

These conferences do nothing to increase awareness or donor membership. It pains me to see the amount of time and money wasted. – less
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Leawood, KSJuly 24, 2012
Pros: being able to attend donor drives outside the office.
Cons: changes in work hours
Typical day registering donors, meeting people, co-workers where excellent to work with. Hardest part was finding bone marrow donors to match. the most enjoyable when actually find a bone marrow match.
Excellent cause
Search Specialist/Call Back Unit (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNMay 22, 2012
Pros: excellent health care
Cons: the workload was excessive
I loved the company and everything they stood for. While trying to locate donors for patients in need of transplants, I noticed many things that could have been templates to simplify and make it easier for all team members. The case load was extremely high making it hard to give adequate time that is needed in locating donors.
More lives could be saved via change in leadership
Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2012
Pros: saves lives
Cons: poor leadership, ineffective hr, slow moving, wasteful of useful tax dollars
More lives would be saved if the valuable tax dollars were used for saving lives and not filling the pockets of useless leadership. This is a non- profit organization supported by federal dollars via the (CW Bill Young Program) and built on the backs of highly effective blood banks. They spend millions on poorly planned media events that result in limited – more... numbers of new donors added to registry. Lots of HR cover-ups and high employee turnover, – less
Good Employer
Desktop Support / Customer Service (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNApril 12, 2012
National Marrow Donor Program is US Navy subcontractor and it was employer for the short time I had worked with them
Great Cause Driven By Hostile Culture
Project Manager (Former Employee), MinneapolisFebruary 2, 2012
Pros: you might actually save a life.
Cons: slow work ethic is frustrating
Thought I had found my dream job helping leukemia patients but I found myself in a daily recurring nightmare. Teams can function with hostile managers supported by HR policy cover ups for so long. High turn over, not growth, is the reason for the multiple postings. If you miss high school, this is the place for you. Buyer beware.

truethat – September 10, 2012

So many good employees, but management is straight out of "Office Space"-(movie). Not many of them have the skill to motivate or appreciate talented employees....harrassment of employees is rampant there. HR and senior staff just ignore the issues.