National Mortgage Field Services Employee Reviews

Contract employer only.
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2017
This job is great for someone who does not want a full 40 hour week. It is flexible where you can work at your own pace. Work load per week fluctuates.
Pros
Flexible
Worst
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Pocahontas, ARAugust 13, 2017
I worked for three months for this company. Done multiple inspections and never received a single payment for services. My inspections were on time and done correctly.
Cons
No pay
Great place to work!!
Inspector/Contractor (Former Employee) –  Rogers County, OKAugust 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. I covered Rogers and Mayes County in OK until very recently. People really should research the industry before they start complaining about how a company operates. NMFS gave me a lot of work. They pay good and on time when they say they are. The management was nice and patient with me even though I was having a lot of troubles. I think I spoke at one point with everybody that worked there, including the CEO, and they were all courteous but serious about the work. This industry is where the money is at as long as you have some common sense. I would still work for NMFS but unfortunately I have become too ill at this point to be able to guarantee on time work and that is extremely important. NMFS was honest and fair with me and I hope to continue my career with them when I get well. Keep up the good work guys!!
Pros
Freedom, decide your pay, own your own business, tax write-offs
Cons
Nothing noteworthy, bugs maybe...but that's why they make bug spray.
They're a complete JOKE!!
Field Services Technician (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 30, 2017
This company is a scam, you never receive compensation of any kind, I have done several inspections and not once seen a penny. It's a very high risk especially in rural areas where the crazier drunken people are.
Pros
Absolutely NONE
Cons
List goes on
No money to be made here
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  ArkansasJune 1, 2017
I applied and was accepted to inspect for this company.
My first opportunity was for 4 inspections that were approximately 90 miles round trip for me. These inspections were unassigned and could be bid on to complete. I bid $24 for each of the four, planning to make all in a single day. At 50 cents per mile to operate my vehicle (not just gas, mind you) and most of a day of labor for $96 would net me approximately $8 per hour, using my phone, my car and accepting all the risk (suit, accident, etc). They did not accept.
I was assigned an inspection a few days later-it was 50 miles round trip--they offered to pay $8.
This job converts your vehicle into a very small amount of cash. After
all expenses, you lose.
Pros
flexible work time
Cons
No way to make any money, after expenses
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARMarch 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Unfortunately, due to a unforeseen circumstances I did not get to work for them long. If you read eveything they send you and follow instructions you will succeed as a field inspector. Someone is always available to answer questions and they truly care. Overall, great job for someone that loves being their own boss and working at their own pace (as long as you meet your deadlines).
Pros
Work at your own pace, good hours, and A+ management
waste of time
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  louisianaMarch 20, 2017
I had to invest in start up supplies at close to 230.00 which was no problem at first.took the online course and passed that.... what a joke it was,I had to pay 24.00 for the app to do inspections,started doing inspections that took 45 minutes to an hour to get there ,and the drive time to get from one inspection to the other was close to 25 minutes usually.Called the owner of this poorly ran operation and tried to bargain for more than the 6.00 per inspection he claims its the best in industry...right!! he would not budge on increase or pay any extra for drive time like he said in other reviews on this same website. In total I did 12 inspections in 4 days working for this unorganized thing they call a business,I have not seen one red cent from this terrible con job,STAY AWAY. I guarantee he will rebuke this review like others on this website
Pros
Cons
too many to list not worth the time
May 5, 2017

Of course we are going to respond to inaccurate comments. An investment in yourself to enable you to make a good living for $230 bucks, not bad. Although we are not sure where this person’s numbers come from.

The downloadable phone app is actually $29.99 for iPhones, free for Android. We have no control over that.

There is an industry approved background check and a $10 volt stick. But those do not add up to even half of $230.

As for training, people should decide for themselves. http://MortgageFieldServices.com It allows you to become a Certified inspector.

The national average pay per inspection is $3 to $4. We often double that. Our inspections take 10 minutes for the majority, and about 20 minutes for interior inspections.

This is not employment. This is self-employment and we become your client. Some people just need supervised direction while others enjoy the freedom of building their own company. Everyone is different.

Interesting, but depending on where you live....
Field Services Representative (Current Employee) –  NE Arkansas area.February 11, 2017
I enjoy working as a Field Services Rep for National Mortgage Field Services. It is an Independent Contractor job with the flexibility of making your own schedule and working as much or as little as you wish.

Training is pretty easy and there is a course you take with quizzes at the end of each module. This can be done in a few hours or you can take your time with it and it is FREE! There are continuing courses and certification programs that are available to take for a fee.
With NMFS you have contact with the CEO and can be very helpful in finding hard to find properties. Not many company CEOs are available to help their workers. Everyone at NMFS is very helpful in answering questions and with modern technology it isn't a hard job to do.

However, the nature of getting compensated for inspections done as the industry as a whole you can wait 60 days or longer to be compensated. Depending on where you live will also depend on how much or how little money one can make. If you need to make a consistent paycheck this may not be for you.

It is interesting work especially if you like working on your own, can read and follow simple instructions, and are self motivated.

Being an Independent Contractor you have the benefits of business tax right offs, and NMFS suggests tools(some do have fees) to help keep track of mileage, inspections, and training. To get started you just need a reliable cell phone that takes good pictures, reliable transportation, and reliable internet service.
Pros
Work independently, flexibilty
Cons
Compensation: see comments.
Terrible work place
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  KansasMay 14, 2016
terrible company that doesn't like to pay for the work inspectors do. They will jip you and all act like they're dumb when you try to tell them. Stay away. There are many better companies to inspect for.
Pros
Cons
They don't pay, management sucks, too many contacts
October 14, 2016

From NMFS-CEO, This type of review is a good example of what our competitors will do to try to make us look bad. We do not even have jobs in Kansas but this competitor also works in our states, OK, LA, AR and TX. NMFS has a great record for paying quicker than the national average and more often. We pay on the 2nd and the 4th Friday like clockwork. Never missed a payroll date. It's all automated anyway.

Be careful of the reviews you read. There may be something more behind it. To learn more about this industry just go to MortgageFieldServices.com and take a free course.

One of the bests I've worked for in this field
Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  LouisianaDecember 3, 2015
If you know about this field already, you know that inspections typically pay $2 to $4 each. Right off the bat, NMFS was paying more. I worked for a few companies at one time, and NMFS tells you to do this so that you can make a sustainable income. From the start, NMFS was honest and up-front with me. The unassigned jobs board is great, you can pick up additional work as you choose to. If you are traveling, for example, you can look to pick up inspections in that area while you are out of town. NMFS paid the best of all the companies I worked for, and they actually PAID. I still have an ongoing dispute for more than $1,500 in unpaid inspection work with another company. NMFS was great to deal with. Outside issues forced me to discontinue this work. If not for that, I'd still be working with them today, no doubt. Your work load will depend on where you live, and where you are willing to travel. I worked a rather large area, and was still able to pick up even more work when I traveled north from my normal area. This is not like a normal job, if you understand that then this can be a great option for you.
Pros
GREAT staff, flexible work, it is up to YOU to make as much or as little as you choose.
Cons
none that I can think of
Productive and self employed
Field inspector (Current Employee) –  Pine bluff arkansasAugust 19, 2015
I've been with nmfs for almost 2 months..awesome company for extra money..paid every 2 weeks. Whenever there's a question someone is ALWAYS there to help and answer. Pay is great and you are paid by the homes you complete. If you are needed to go farther they compensate you on your pay and it's raised for that property...you can accept or not accept properties. You can also negotiate the pay when it's farther. You can check the board of unassigned for extra work and get more work. The company is an honest..reliable company. Love the self employed aspect for money and can complete on my own hours as long as it's within the due date that the order is due. I love nmfs!!
Pros
Self employed..set own hours can be done for extra money
Cons
No cell service in some areas
Not worth it
Mortgage Field Inspector (Former Employee) –  Paragould, ARMay 30, 2015
I was in a small geographic area so I may be an anomaly. Not much work, and the compensation was laughable. Would be a good second job, but not sufficient as primary employment.
Pros
self employed
Cons
low pay
March 30, 2016

If you live in a rural town with a very low population then of course the number of inspections received are not even comparable to those who live in metro areas who do 40 to 60 inspections a day.

Not sure yet!!!
Feild inspector (Current Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 28, 2015
I haven't worked for this company long but its been well over month and I haven't received my first pay check. I wont share how many inspection I've completed ("-") . I work for several companies as a field inspector and never had to wait this long for payment. Since I understand the business I will give it a couple more weeks.
Pros
None Yet
Cons
Several but hope it gets better :-)
March 30, 2016

This is a business to business industry. You work, you submit your invoice and get paid 30 days net like any other business to business. Our system provides automatic invoicing for our inspectors. They work a 2 week period and then an invoice is generated to pay out 30 days net. We pay on the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month like clock work. Once you get the ball rolling you would get a direct deposit every pay date.

Poorly run company
inspectore (Former Employee) –  tennesseeApril 23, 2014
I did 10 inspections for this company, never got paid for them due to all the deductions. Background check and other fees. It's a joke! they pay $5 each...please don't waste your time
Also in the beginning I received numerous emails from so called managers, none of them knowing I had talked to others. Its a poorly run company that takes advantage of people.
Pros
nothing is good
Cons
I had rather work for Mcdonalds
July 25, 2014

Our industry requires that inspections are completed and returned on time. The background check is now an industry standard to keep convicted felons out of our business. From the very beginning we provide as much detail as possible about the typical pay for these type of jobs which in our industry generally pay between $2 and $4 each. NMFS is one of the higher paying companies which is not bad for 2 minutes of work. Our managers all came from the field and have years of experience in management. They are the reason we maintain such a very high on-time percentage. NMFS never takes advantage of our contractors, in fact, when we ask them to drive further we always make sure they are well compensated.

great home time
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Prosper, TXJanuary 5, 2014
set your own schedule, work from home. great company to work for.
Excellent Extra Income or full time
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Livingston, LAOctober 19, 2013
Great company to work with. THEY ACTUALLY PAY THEIR INSPECTORS! YOU set your own hours, If you can use your smartphone, drive, and use a mapping program to set your route, you can do this. This company is growing fast, so come on board!!
Pros
work from home and great CEO and Account Managers
Cons
rain, bad roads.
Set your own schedule, not much money
Field Rep (Former Employee) –  Northwest OklahomaOctober 3, 2013
I live in a remote rural area so the work was sporadic. And they were always trying to get me to drive long distances for low bucks. I quit once and the CEO called me and increased my pay, that was ok for a while. But it started again, wanting me to drive a lot for low bucks and I complained so they fired me. Good riddance.
Pros
do it on your own
Cons
low bucks, long miles
July 25, 2014

NMFS never fires anyone if they decide not to take assignments outside their area. This is a very competitive business and the individual who wrote this comment was actually given a promotion by one of our competitors if they wrote a nasty comment about us. We do encourage our contractors to work for as many companies as will hire them. We always offer higher fees for going long distances and we also include the trip getting back to their home as well. But to accept out of area assignments is a choice the contractor makes. Contractors can decide to turn down work or accept it. It would be unethical to fire someone because they refused to drive outside their assigned area, usually the county the live in. Even while in their county we pay higher fees for inspections that are over a 30 minute drive. 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back is an hour. We pay $15 for trips like that. Not going to get rich off of that but at least their gas and time will be paid for.

sporadic work, flexible hours
property inspector (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 20, 2013
Excellent company to work for to bring in extra money. Excellent training & feedback from CEO & account managers.
Love the work, just wish I had more to do!
Pros
work not difficult, flexible hours (daytime), way to earn extra money.
Cons
lot of driving, pay not much when getting sporadic work
July 25, 2014

Some areas just don't have that many people living there. A person in a metro city can do 50 inspections a day while someone in a rural area may only get 1 inspection a week. We always pay those in rural areas more because they have to drive further and have fewer inspections. We try to encourage our contractors to work for as many companies as will hire them and we even provide them with our competitors websites to sign up. Our thinking is that the more companies you work for, when we need you, you'll be there. We have some contractors making $50K a year while others don't even make enough to get a 1099 at the end of the year because they earned less than $600. It all depends on where you live, what our clients give us, what our clients clients give them and then we have to have those who are behind in their house payment which causes the work order in the first place. No one can predict who will make their house payment. If we were auto hail damage repairmen we need hail storms to stay in business. We need a bad economy and therefore business is good in most areas.

5 Stars Do I need to say more!
Independant contractor (Current Employee) –  OklahomaMay 11, 2013
Great opportunity to start or add to an existing company. The CEO is very driven and has a very good support team backing him.
Seems to be a struggling company
Field Inspector (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2013
Great place to learn and fine tune your skills. Work assignments are sporadic.
July 25, 2014

It is very hard for us to compete in Kansas when so many other companies are only paying out $2 to $4. We refuse to pay anything less that $5 per inspection and therefore we do not receive as many inspections in metro areas as our competitors. We are not struggling at all. We specialize in suburban areas and rural areas where no other companies care to go. And then we pay much better on top of that.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at National Mortgage Field Services. Our community is ready to answer.

National Mortgage Field Services Reviews by Location