National Mortgage Field Services

National Mortgage Field Services Employer Reviews

great home time
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Prosper, TXJanuary 5, 2014
set your own schedule, work from home. great company to work for.
Excellent Extra Income or full time
Field Inspector (Current Employee), Livingston, LAOctober 19, 2013
Pros: work from home and great ceo and account managers
Cons: rain, bad roads.
Great company to work with. THEY ACTUALLY PAY THEIR INSPECTORS! YOU set your own hours, If you can use your smartphone, drive, and use a mapping program to set your route, you can do this. This company is growing fast, so come on board!!
Set your own schedule, not much money
Field Rep (Former Employee), Northwest OklahomaOctober 3, 2013
Pros: do it on your own
Cons: low bucks, long miles
I live in a remote rural area so the work was sporadic. And they were always trying to get me to drive long distances for low bucks. I quit once and the CEO called me and increased my pay, that was ok for a while. But it started again, wanting me to drive a lot for low bucks and I complained so they fired me. Good riddance.

18todmg7vak8gfvb – July 25, 2014

NMFS never fires anyone if they decide not to take assignments outside their area. This is a very competitive business and the individual who wrote this comment was actually given a promotion by one of our competitors if they wrote a nasty comment about us. We do encourage our contractors to work for as many companies as will hire them. We always offer higher fees for going long distances and we also include the trip getting back to their home as well. But to accept out of area assignments is a choice the contractor makes. Contractors can decide to turn down work or accept it. It would be unethical to fire someone because they refused to drive outside their assigned area, usually the county the live in. Even while in their county we pay higher fees for inspections that are over a 30 minute drive. 30 minutes there, 30 minutes back is an hour. We pay $15 for trips like that. Not going to get rich off of that but at least their gas and time will be paid for.

sporadic work, flexible hours
property inspector (Current Employee), ArkansasMay 20, 2013
Pros: work not difficult, flexible hours (daytime), way to earn extra money.
Cons: lot of driving, pay not much when getting sporadic work
Excellent company to work for to bring in extra money. Excellent training & feedback from CEO & account managers.
Love the work, just wish I had more to do!

18todmg7vak8gfvb – July 25, 2014

Some areas just don't have that many people living there. A person in a metro city can do 50 inspections a day while someone in a rural area may only get 1 inspection a week. We always pay those in rural areas more because they have to drive further and have fewer inspections. We try to encourage our contractors to work for as many companies as will hire them and we even provide them with our competitors websites to sign up. Our thinking is that the more companies you work for, when we need you, you'll be there. We have some contractors making $50K a year while others don't even make enough to get a 1099 at the end of the year because they earned less than $600. It all depends on where you live, what our clients give us, what our clients clients give them and then we have to have those who are behind in their house payment which causes the work order in the first place. No one can predict who will make their house payment. If we were auto hail damage repairmen we need hail storms to stay in business. We need a bad economy and therefore business is good in most areas.

5 Stars Do I need to say more!
Independant contractor (Current Employee), OklahomaMay 11, 2013
Great opportunity to start or add to an existing company. The CEO is very driven and has a very good support team backing him.
Seems to be a struggling company
Field Inspector (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOMay 8, 2013
Great place to learn and fine tune your skills. Work assignments are sporadic.

18todmg7vak8gfvb – July 25, 2014

It is very hard for us to compete in Kansas when so many other companies are only paying out $2 to $4. We refuse to pay anything less that $5 per inspection and therefore we do not receive as many inspections in metro areas as our competitors. We are not struggling at all. We specialize in suburban areas and rural areas where no other companies care to go. And then we pay much better on top of that.

Great company to sub for
Mortgage Field Inspector (Current Employee), ArkansasMay 3, 2013
Pros: management makes their expectations known
Cons: cover some remote areas with difficult access
Outstanding company to subcontract for. Strong management team that who works with their contractors to help make sure they produce quality inspections. Have never had any problems or issues with getting paid for the inspections I have done and don't have to wait forever while they get reimbursed. I get paid for the inspections I submit. Love this company!
Great Company and People to work with
Field Inspector (Current Employee), North TexasApril 7, 2013
Pros: working with the management
Cons: only part time
You couldn't find a better place to work. The management team are "real people". They communicate with you on a level of respect. They are there to educate and help you better yourself. They pay plan is better than the norm, and yes, that makes this job even better. If you re-read this review and those written prior to mine, you will notice we appreciate – more... the pay plan, but we want to assure you who might be interested that to are about to join a company that cares! – less
Management is wonderful to work with
Contractor -Preservation (Current Employee), EL Dorado, ARKANSASApril 3, 2013
Pros: it, s easy work
Cons: unpay follow ups
Working for NMFS as a Preservation Contractor has been an enJoyable learning experience: Hope to work for this company for a long time, I enjoy knowing that when I walk out of a job an lock the final lock that the place is Secure,Cleaned,an ready for New Owners to move in.. my Accounts Manager is the best person to work for stays in contact with me – more... by e-mail are phones or calls most days , haven,t really had any thing to speck of to say is the hardest part yet but the best part is when word send that it,s pay day.. – less
Good job good people to work with.
Inspector (Current Employee), Altus, OKApril 3, 2013
Pros: set your own hours as long as work is done on time.
I like working for National Mortgage Field Services. They assign the inspections and I can get to them when I have time as long as I get them done on time. The management is always friendly and helpful. Any issues or questions I have had have been resolved or answerd in a timely manner. I have never been nagged about when I was going to do a job and – more... I have never had to ask a question more than once or had to wait for them to reply. Pay is good and paroll is ontime. – less
Great company to work for...
Property Inspector (Current Employee), Belvidere, TNApril 3, 2013
Pros: very laid back..
Cons: i don't have any complaints...
I took the training through NMFS and I have to say it was very simple. I have inspected 4 houses so far and I love it. When I have had a question someone is always there to answer it. I can complete my inspections around my kids schedule. It's a great company to work for.
All Good So Far
Field Inspector (Current Employee), Batesville, ARApril 3, 2013
Pros: management seems to care about the people and the work performed
I am a new property inspector (independent contractor) working for NMFS. They seem to have their act together. Everything I have been involved in has been professional and efficient. They provide the tools to help me succeed.
An excellent company to work for!
inspector (Current Employee), OklabomaApril 2, 2013
Pros: top pay, excellent management, diversity
I've worked for NMFS for several months now and I couldn't be happier. At first I had doubts because it was so easy to do the training and get hired. I'm so pleased that I actually gave it a try because I now LOVE my job. Management is always available if you have any questions or concerns. As far as pay goes NMFS fees are top in the industry and are – more... always paid on time. There is not one single thing I could say about NMFS that isn't positive. – less
enjoying my job at national mortgage field service
field inspector (Current Employee), Ardmore , Ok 73401April 2, 2013
Pros: flexable work schedule and very nice employees and inspectors
I really enjoy my job with NMFS, the pay is great and the work schedule is even better.
Great training, nice folks to work for. 8+ years and I am still with them!
Field Inspector (Current Employee), OklahomaApril 2, 2013
Pros: weekly pay checks, communication, friendly staff, training
As a Field Inspector, I am an Independent Contractor and work for several different companies. I love being my own boss, not being chained to a desk and making my own work hours.

Without the folks from NMFS, I would have never even heard of mortgage field services, thanks to them I have been working as a Field Inspector for 8+ years. They have always – more... been fair, paid on time, and the staff is only a instant message or phone call away when I need them.

For those of you who do not know, a Field Inspector's job is to inspect properties for industries such as mortgage lenders and insurance companies. In a typical day, a Field Inspector will inspect, photograph and report the condition of vacant homes (interiors/exteriors) as well as leave door hangers for homeowners at occupied homes. They may also inspect commercial properties for credit card processing companies to verify validity and location of businesses.

This is a great job for people like me who do not like to stay in one place all day. And I cannot imagine a better company to start with than NMFS, their training modules and staff support are unequaled in this industry, that is why I am still with them!

Many OTHER companies hold payment for completed inspections until THEY are paid, which means that you may not be paid for an inspection that you completed on time for months! NMFS pays inspections completed within the pay period, so if you completed and submitted the inspection, you are paid for it. This makes it easy to know exactly how much your check will be each pay period.

NMFS also uses direct deposit, so there is no waiting for the mail, running to the bank, etc.

For anyone who is interested in becoming a Field Inspector or a Property Preservation professional, give NMFS a try! – less
NMFS Field Inspector
Field Service Inspector (Current Employee), Viburnum, Mo.April 2, 2013
Pros: the ease of setting your own work schedule.
Cons: not having cell service in all areas being inspected.
As a field inspector, I have the opportunity to see places I would not normally see. I enjoy looking at homes and now I have the opportunity to see homes in a way I wouldn't normally be able to. I have met some very friendly people, seen beautiful scenery, and I don't have to travel real far to see it. The inspections are sent in such a way that you – more... can schedule your hours of work the way you want to and the company is behind you 110% with updated information, training programs, and access to answer your questions in a timely manner. It isn't always easy to find some of the homes, but with today's technology it can be done even if you have to talk to people in the neighborhood. – less

About National Mortgage Field Services

National Mortgage Field Services provides quality mortgage field service inspections for mortgage servicers, banks and other financial – Read more