National Multiple Sclerosis Society

National Multiple Sclerosis Society Employer Reviews

Great part time job
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTFebruary 24, 2014
This job gave me great flexibility. I enjoyed working for a non-profit organization.
relaxed environment
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2014
Excellent co-workers and great environment. Culture of organization is very engaging.
productive and a very good place to work
Advanced Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee), Mayo Clinic , rochesrer, MNJanuary 1, 2014
very productive, nice work environment
•Developed and characterized in vivo animal model for autoimmune disease(Multiple Sclerosis) in humanized HLA class II transgenic mice.
•Identified and characterized several immunogenic peptides as candidate molecules that could serve as targets for diagnosis and devising new immunothherapeutic strategies.
•Developed – more... and established a novel antibody ELISA using myelin protein and peptides.
•Developed and characterized various cell based immunoassays, using FACs, ELISA, ELISPOT, Confocal microscopy, histo-pathological, and immuno-staining assays to identify target cells and molecules and understand disease pathogenesis. – less
Very strong Team Work
Coordinator of Programs and Education (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 11, 2013
Pros: advancement
Cons: budget cuts
Working in the group makes you feel like family. Provides programs and educations to families with a loved one diagnosed with MS. It was difficult to see those individuals that we become more familiar with start to decompensate and watch their skills go downhill.
The organization's mission to serve those with MS was admirable
Finance and Administration Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 23, 2013
Pros: flex hours, pto
Cons: no advancement opportunities
Advancement was never based on skill, expertise or knowledge of the position. It was generally based on your "connections".
Pressure Cooker all the time
Vice President of Major Gifts (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 13, 2013
Pros: meeting and bonding with people with ms
Cons: silos within every department; took benefits away each year, cut staff and made everyone do double time
As a part of senior management there were a minimum of 3 meetings a day and no time for actual work. I learned that micromanaging from above is a terrible way to manage people, so I took a mentoring approach.
office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Mission, KSSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: nice people
stuffed envelopes, data entry, kept client info up to date, answered phones
Productive and professional place to work.
Administrative Assistant Internship (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 3, 2013
The work environment is very peaceful and enjoyable.
The hardest part about the job is that there's detail oriented work load
Productive Environment
Senior Specialist, Conferences & Meetings (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 24, 2013
Pros: self satisfaction of being apart of working towards a cure
Cons: too many top heavy employees
Enjoyed working for the people with MS and seeing how my small part made a difference and worked towards finding a cure for Multiple Sclerosis.
the most friendly people there
Accounting Assistance (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJune 23, 2013
not much hierarchy; hard work people; friendly work environment; they care about your career development and view you as a member of the big team; heavy work load with short breaks; i enjoyed working there especially working with my awesome manager.
Very Poor Management
Coordinator (Former Employee), Austin, TexasJune 5, 2013
Pros: helping people with ms
Cons: everything else.
Micro Management, poor leadership, portray themselves as having an open door policy which is false and could actually cause you to lose your job. Very sneaky backhanded Executive Management. Policies put in place but really does not apply to any employee as management uses their own policies where they see fit.
Fun, learning environment with great people to work with
Advocacy Intern (Current Employee), Wichita, KSApril 24, 2013
Pros: free stuff always
It is fun to work with them, everyday is different with different tasks. You want to work with these people as they are really passionate about their job and they want to be here for the sake of people.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYMarch 29, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: healthcare
Enter Clients Demographics into Computer, Balance Financial Batches, attend fundraising events. Interacted with co-workers daily to keep Data accurate for each department. The hardest part of the job was attending numerous fundraising events, the most enjoyable part of the job was the job.
Office Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2013
I was only a temp. employee from Office team, but they made me feel welcome, it is a postitive place to work. The employees were all very helpful with getting me to know my job.
Hard work yet very rewarding for a great cause.
Fundraiser (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: being appreciated by the member for all of our hard work.
Cons: never enough hours in a day
Worked as a team for all fundraising and program events. We were given a lot of responsibility but were not micro managed which allowed us to be very creative. I enjoyed working as a team, for we knew each others strengths and weaknesses, which proved to be very effective. The most difficult part of the job was the physical labor of loading trucks, – more... setting up and tearing down in a timely manner during events. I enjoyed this job and was affected deeply by the members of the society, who truly appreciated all we did. – less
Employees are zealous in their work. They help people affected by MS.
Finance Associate (Executive Assistant) (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: management is willling to grant its staff flex time.
Cons: some may find that national ms society has more meeting than other companies.
I was fortunate to work in one of the fast pace departments at the National MS Society, the finance department. I usually prepared for upcoming meetings and/or webinars. I created documents in Microsoft Word and Excel, then saved the documents in Adobe Acrobat Professional program and created a table of contents. In between preparing for meetings, chapters' – more... supply requests were processed, daily; and I kept abreast of contracts and agreements that needed to be signed and returned to their respective departments. Commitment, integrity, and teamwork describes the finance department management and support staff. It is not uncommon for management to work into the evenings -- always maintaining a pleasant atmosphere. I too, with commitment and willingness worked beyond normal hours in order to meet our department deadlines. – less
Chapter President (Current Employee), North and South CarolinaJanuary 1, 2013
Strong leadership
Have people who live with MS at center of all they do
Very fast-paced work enviroment.
Communication Intern (Former Employee), Hartford, CTNovember 2, 2012
The Communication Department at the MS Society was constantly working- I gained a large amount of experience in writing and event planning in only a few months.
Poor Management, Adverse to Change
Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 29, 2012
Pros: great clients
Cons: poor management/leadership, micromanaging, poor communication, no employee investment
This review speaks specifically to the Gateway Area Chapter in STL. Management is poor, doesn't listen to ideas or invest/motivate employees - unfortunately I felt more like a cog in a machine. Raises and title changes are awarded more based on how long you have been there and how much you keep your head down than on merit/hard work/critical thinking – more... and logic. Getting money for MS research is truly important and needs to continue, but this specific chapter has all sorts of problems internally and the President just looks the other way. Truly sad environment. Any smart, competent person will not stay long. – less
Relaxed, fun work environment
Logistics Intern (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJuly 31, 2012
Very warm environment with room for fun! Something new everyday.

About National Multiple Sclerosis Society

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society funds research intended to find the cause and cure of MS. For people affected by the disease, – Read more

National Multiple Sclerosis Society Photos