National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) Position Description
Executive Assistant, NNPHI
The National Network of Public Health Institutes (NNPHI) was formally established in 2001 to recognize and enhance the work of the nation’s public health institutes. NNPHI has 37 member institutes in 28 states. NNPHI members are primarily independent 501(c)3 organizations; some are university affiliated and there are several provisional and affiliate members. NNPHI offices are located in New Orleans and Washington, DC.
The NNPHI mission is to support national public health system initiatives and strengthen public health institutes to promote multi-sector activities resulting in measurable improvements of public health structures, systems, and outcomes. NNPHI’s vision is innovation-fostering public health institutes across the nation collaborating to improve population health.
NNPHI has a history of collaborating with its member public health institutes and a wide range of national, state and local partners to support public health initiatives. These initiatives address health equity, public health performance improvement, evaluation and research, health policy, evidence-based public health practice, workforce and leadership development. Additional information about NNPHI’s program areas and collaborative efforts with public health institutes is available at www.nnphi.org.
This highly professional Executive Assistant position will provide direct support to the senior leadership team (President and CEO, and the two Directors of Programs and Government Relations) to ensure effective coordination of important NNPHI programming. Reporting to the President and CEO, this position will be based in NNPHI’s Washington, DC office, and will work closely with staff in DC and New Orleans and other future office locations. Some travel is required (approximately quarterly meetings).
1. Support senior leadership team, in the Washington DC, New Orleans and remote offices, by coordinating day to day activities for assigned projects, including:
- Coordinate air/train and hotel travel arrangements for the senior team members, speakers, and partners as needed;
- Schedule meetings, conferences, webinars, teleconferences, Board meetings, and other important events;
- Prepare and process expense reports and other accounts payable;
- Develop/update project timelines and assist in monitoring project budgets, PTO, and time cards for senior team;
- Develop and coordinate meetings, and draft meeting agendas;
- Create and disseminate meeting minutes and related supporting documents; and
- Assist with development/review of project documents and reports.
2. Support DC operations to include:
- Develop and implement administrative office procedures to build out the DC office operations;
- Coordinate all office vendor services to ensure effective integration of DC and New Orleans activities;
- Develop, solicit, and review bids for office services; and
- Purchase office equipment, furniture, and related office needs;
- Monitor performance of office vendor services.
3. Provide planning and on-site support to board meetings, national meetings, or other events including:
- Assist with coordination of logistics (securing location, working with the location staff regarding room set up, meals, etc);
- Attend relevant meetings on behalf of NNPHI and capture written meeting outcomes;
- Assist project team members with meeting implementation (registration, meeting processes, travel reimbursements, and follow-up)
4. Support capacity-building teleconferences and webinars, including
- Coordinate presenters and assist with scheduling;
- Facilitate marketing for teleconferences/webinars;
- Assist with agenda development and distribution;
- Record summary of teleconferences/webinars and post online.
5. Contribute to relevant NNPHI reports, proposals, Web site updates, and other materials.
6. Collaborate closely with NNPHI staff team in the Washington DC, New Orleans and remote offices.
7. Additional duties as assigned
- Experience in mission critical administrative/operations support role in office environment (a minimum of five years relevant experience; Bachelor’s degree preferred).
- Experience with the coordination of programs
- Experience with meeting and event planning, preferably on a national scale
- Familiarity with non-profit and governmental sectors preferred
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team-based environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization skills with the ability to coordinate multiple, simultaneous projects
- Commitment to customer-service orientation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Applications including Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook,
- Proficiency with computers and communications technologies including videoconferencing
- Salary range of $48-52k, commensurate with education and experience
- NNPHI offers a competitive benefits package
- Positive work environment with supportive, high-energy, team-based environment
Please send CV, cover letter and a list of three references.
Subject line: NNPHI Executive Assistant