National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco Employer Reviews

Review
Quality Control- Assembly Inspector (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2014
I deal with customers from all over the world while handling the F.A.T for my Shift.
National Oilwell Varco
Supervisor (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: hotel, work clothes, and the company vehicle.
I found the easiest part of working with NOV to be the atmosphere and the collaboration from my boss. They were always helpful and quick to answer any questions I had.
The most difficult part was being away from home for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part was learning new skills and how the oilfield industry works.
Great way to work and see the world.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 12, 2014
The field service tech is always on his/her toes because he/she never knows when a service call will come up. It's definitely not a job for the "normal" 8 to 5 person. One must always be available to work 24/7. The management is just okay. The company seems to focus more on keeping the upper management happy and the people that actually do the work – more... are expendable. The people one interacts with, i.e. the customers and co workers, will be some of the most colorful and great individuals one will ever meet. The hardest part of the job would be the toll all of the traveling takes on your personal life. Ironically, the travel is very enjoyable as well. If the technician is lucky enough to work in such exotic locations as China, Spain, Africa, etc, the travel is definitely something to treasure. – less
Excellent company to work for.
Swivel Project Engineer (Former Employee), Inverkeithing, ScotlandNovember 10, 2014
Pros: the opportunities to improve yourself within nov are unlimited, training courses and travel are encouraged, teamwork and togetherness are the norm.
Cons: i have no negative experiences whilst working for nov
A company that treats its employees as adults and when you work with like minded people the rewards are endless. There is a great feeling of family within NOV.
Challenging and rewarding.
Engineering Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TexasNovember 9, 2014
Pros: flexible work times and many employee benefits.
Cons: houston traffic.
My work at NOV is challenging and rewarding. I am allowed freedom of expression and my input is always welcomed by my group. There are many different projects available and the future seems bright for this firm. As a newcomer to the oilfield services industry, I count on advice from my co-workers and manager and they have been forthcoming and patient – more... with me as I learn the ropes. – less
Research and Development of Constant Swept Volume Pump design
Design Engineer (Current Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: bad management
Testing and collecting data from CSV Pump
Designing and Implementation of new test loop
Performing quality check on manufactured parts
Perform tribology testing to predict pump wear
Established company with great benefits
Final Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 29, 2014
Adhere to all aspects of the oil and gas industry daily and meet customer and management expectations.
Excellent learning experience
Field Service Supervisor/Field Engineer III (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good pay and benefits. excellent exposure to drilling technologies and procedures.
Cons: very little to no room for advencement
Working at NOV has been an excellent learning experience. I have had the opportunity to learn every down hole tool that we have in our fleet. I work with an incredible team of Field Engineers that are always ready to share information and knowledge whenever needed. The hardest part of the job has been its instability as far as days worked vs days off.
Great company to work for with locations everywhere
Pipeline Technician / Crane Operator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 23, 2014
Pros: really big company with great benefits.
Cons: company is so big you become a nobody.
Huge company. I enjoyed my job there a lot. Good pay, great benefits and good people.
Productive and fun atmosphere
Quality Coordinator (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: gifts
Cons: long days
Excellent place of employment, fun fast paced atmosphere great people very helpful staff
They have a pool table.
Machinist (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 17, 2014
N.O.V. Air Center is a good plant to work at. They have a great work ethic and take good care of their employees. Managment is always looking for ways to improve the plant moral and team spirit.
Great Company
Safety Department (Former Employee), Orange, CAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: the pay was well
Cons: work slowed down at that time.
Good company to work for good money and benefits. Area for opportunity for everyone.
Temp Position
Assembly Inspector (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
Temporary position, good start when trying to get into the oilfield.
very demanding
Operations Support Specialist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: bad management
When the Eagle Ford Shale hit we were so short staffed it made it hard to keep your head above water.
Management did not seem to think the issue was bad enough to hire more employees.
Hardest part was going to work everyday knowing nothing had been accomplished.
Going home was the best part of the day
Productive workplace
BOP & SBOP Assy /Test Lead, Assist Mgr Riser Dept (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 11, 2014
Fast paced enviroment, with so much to learn, and many people willing to teach.
Awesome and dirty!
Mud Mixing (Former Employee), Watsontown, PAOctober 10, 2014
Properly mix mud together with the three staging components, lime, oil, and dirt by mixing the ingredients in the mixing tank. Transfer mud from mixing tank to separate holding tanks. Transfer the mud from the holding tanks to a water truck, to be delivered to onsite locations for drilling purposes. Clean the work station. Clean the warehouse throughout – more... your shift during any possible free time. Complete any other assigned tasks as instructed. – less
NOV
Bagger (Former Employee), Osino, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: paid lunch
Cons: no benefits, no raises.
Good wage, very physical work. Not a bad job, but after 15 months I was still working for a temp agency. Never got a raise, never got hired to the actual company. Very hazardous to health, minimal accommodations as far as respirators/ protection.
I was temp here
Final Documentation Specialist (Former Employee), HoustonSeptember 25, 2014
I was temp at this company from what the perm employees told me they if you are working in document control there is really no room to grow there.
Enjoyed working here and the pay.
Shop hand/Mechanic (Former Employee), Odessa, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: great pay and laid back
Cons: working in the weather
Pretty well rounded business until you get injured on the job and they care more about there safety rating then how you feel.
Working on the shop floor was interesting
Shift Lead (Former Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2014
Projects were always behind and employees were expected to take up "the slack"

1 2 3 4 5

About National Oilwell Varco

National Oilwell Varco (NOV) is one of the world’s leading equipment and service providers to the oil and gas industry. – Read more

National Oilwell Varco Photos